Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods (3125 Views)

Advice For Singles Planning To Marry / Build Your Ideal Woman (picture) / Shameful Methods Guys Use In Wooing Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods by eyenCalabar(m): 2:52am On Oct 31, 2013
I stumbled on a thread about family planning (child spacing) and I realized that so many people here don't really have a good knowledge about this thing and they tend to discourage others with their comments. Child Spacing (the way our northern brothers prefers it should be called else shocked ) is actually good. Just think of it advantages: a sizeable family; gives that ability to differentiate who is the elder among your children; guarantee of a healthy family; not having to actually think of when to be with your partner; helps eradicate poverty in the family etc.

From my knowledge too, I think we have a lot of them. I used to called it something for everybody: it's affordable; it's flexible and it's cool! By the way, there's is nothing like withdrawal as a family planning method. Guys, please don't try that. I see no reason why when it's time that I should actually hit the climax of the whole thing and someone is trying to advice me to do something else. It's doesn't make sense. For me, at that time it's one-way. Eventhough you point me with a gun, I can't do anything else more than to concentrate and finish well what I started grin That method is not recommended please. It has a high degree of failure.

At this point, I think I'll try to make it brief because I want everyone to read this and update their knowledge based accordingly. Actually, there are so many family planning/child spacing methods. I'll just concentrate ONLY on the ones with good recommendations.

[1] Gold Circle Condom
This one has been around for quite a long time now. It has a widespread coverage too. It is very common. You can find it in retailers' shops, supermarkets, patent medicine shops, and pharmacies. Price ranges from 30-50 NGN. How to use it? First, check when it'll expire to make sure it's still useful. Then, tear the pack to expose the real thing inside. Make sure you evacuate it of all air to avoid tear during used. Wear it on your penis while you leave a little gap infront to allow your sperm find a place to settle when released then role the remaining part up. Make sure your penis is erect when wearing or removing it. Dispose it via toilet. Don't throw it into the bush please because it may end up settling and holding water where mosquitoes can breed there and multiply. And very important, it contains your semen hence dispose it well. It protects unwanted pregnancy at that instance. Next time you want to be with your partner again, you use it again.

We also have Lifestyle Condoms for the senior guys. It's sold for 200 NGN. It comes with different flavours. Try it and you'll like it.

[2] Elegance Female Condom
As the name implies, elegance female condom is for the female folks. While the males uses theirs externally, the females uses this internally. Though not too common but you can find it in supermarkets, patent medicine shops and pharmacies. How to use it? Well, it's designed in such a way that you don't find it difficult to use it. Just pushing it into it's socket cheesy then make the cap to settle well on the outside -like a funnel thing of sort! It's sold between 50-70 NGN. A pack contains two pieces. A male doesn't need to wear he's again.

Lubrica maybe use to lubricate the condom to have free penetration and enhance sexual pleasure. It is recommended that water-based Lubrica be used as against oil-based that may cause infection for the woman due to the oil inside her. Lubrica is sold between 100-150 NGN.

[3] Combination 3 (formerly called Duofem)
Combination 3 family planning pills are combined low does oral contraceptive pills. It's taken daily. Works within 24hrs to protect unwanted pregnancy. A pack is sold between 600-1,000 NGN (25pcs).

[4] Postinor II
Postinor II is a morning after pill taken after unprotected intimate intercourse to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The II there is added to it's name because it contains two tablets taken within 72hrs of unprotected sex. A dose is sold for 200 NGN. Not advisable to be taken twice a month. But if you have no choice, well, take it.

[5] Norigynon
Norigynon is administered parenterally monthly by a professional doctor. It's done between 200-500 NGN. It maybe found in a patent medicine shop. Though patent medicine vendors are not allowed to give injection by law but some do buy and administer them. It's right place is actually pharmacy.

[6] Noristerat
It is administered parenterally at 8 weeks/2 months intervals. Noristerat is administered by deep IM injection. It's done between 600-800 NGN.

[7] Depo-Provera
The difference between Depo-Provera and the above two is just the interval. Here, it is done at 12 weeks/3 months intervals. Price may just be the same with Noristerat above.

[8] Jadelle Implant
This implant can stay in you for up to 5yrs. It's inserted around the arm region. It's safe too.

[9] Corper T
Corper T is actually culled from IUCD i.e. IntraUterine Copper Device. It's an insertion through the female reproductive organ. It's T-shape specially designed to make it rest very well inside you. It can stay for up to 12yrs. All you'll need to be doing is to visit your doctor from time to time for checking. It is very safe too.

[10] Cycle Bead

The Cycle Bead is a natural birth control method. Here, you determine your free period and make good use of it. It is worthy to mention here that this system works for ONLY women between 26-32 days menstrual cycle . Outside that, I don't think I can help you here.

Now here is the explanation: the Cycle Bead has 32 beads as you can see from the attached picture. It starts from where you have the non-bead and if you notice very well, there is an arrow on it pointing right. Before you start counting, shift the ring found on the bead to the red colour bead where your menstruation actually starts (i.e. day 1).

The brown colour beads (5 in number) continues with your menstrual days. So for day 1, the ring is on red, day 2 on the first brown bead. The shifting continues till your menstruation stops. This may be either on the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th brown bead depending whether you are a three, four or five days menstrual flow type.

For instance, if you were a 5-days menstrual flow type, at brown bead 4, you'll stop menstruating and have the remaining two days/beads to be your safe days or free period. But the bad news here is that you may not be actually safe because if you meet your partner on that day, there is that tendency of you getting pregnant. Don't be quick to ask why! The reason is simply because the male sperm stays for 72hrs in your body before being consumed by it. And hence the reality being that before the end of that 72hrs/3 days you are already on your ovulation period signified by the white beads and the sperm would be fertilized. So don't try doing anything funny within these two days, you may not be lucky to escape it. What do you do then? Continue counting your days by shifting the ring as the case maybe.

At the white beads, just like I've just said is your ovulation period. You are very ripe here for pregnancy. Anything that can escape through is enough to do it's job. Don't let your partner try that funny method I read on the other thread on you because you won't go free. Even the pre-cum is enough to see you through. So continue shifting the bead one for each day till you get to the brown bead again.

At this point, you are safe, have fun till you see your menses again. When once that happens, shift the ring to the red bead for day 1 of the menstrual flow and the cycle continues from there. There is actually a black bead in-between the brown. That black there means that if you were actually a 26-days menstrual flow person, you should see your flow there and when that happens, shift the ring to the red else continue counting your days/shifting the ring as usual but when once you see your flow, that automatically becomes your day 1 (red bead). For a more better result, I recommend you use this with a calender so that you can just mark your starting day and other days subsequently. You can also be placing/hanging the Cycle Bead by your bed side so that whenever you look at it, it reminds you to take action. And again, it's like the Roman Catholic rosary -it shines in the dark. It's really cool to use.

I'll encourage you all to take advantage with any of your preferred method. Help yourself! Help those that are not supposed to come to this world to remain where they are!! Help Nigeria!!! Spread the information. Be armed with knowledge.

Click 'LIKE' if you found this useful.

Have a nice day! wink

4 Likes

Re: Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods by eyenCalabar(m): 2:59am On Oct 31, 2013
The other two things (Water Guard and PUR) found on the picture are actually for water sterilization.
Re: Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 31, 2013
nice post.well done
Re: Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lubrica is NOT a family planning method. It only lubricates. Listing it as a method gives the false impression that it can somehow stop pregnancy..
Combination 3 •If you start within five days after the start of your period, you are protected against pregnancy right away.
•If you start at any other time during your menstrual cycle, you will be protected from pregnancy after seven days. Use another method of birth control lin the meantime.
Re: Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods by eyenCalabar(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
bigdiva: Lubrica is NOT a family planning method. It only lubricates . Listing it as a method gives the false impression that it can somehow stop pregnancy..
Combination 3 •If you start within five days after the start of your period, you are protected against pregnancy right away.
•If you start at any other time during your menstrual cycle, you will be protected from pregnancy after seven days. Use another method of birth control lin the meantime.

@bolded: I never said it does protect unwanted pregnancy nah. In any case, am going to do something about it.
Re: Build Your Capacity More On Family Planning/child Spacing Methods by samuelson06(m): 11:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
I think this thread worth a space on the frontpage.
Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Inconvinient Truth About The Female Psychè... MUST READ !!!!! / 10 Things Men Notice First About Women / The PHOBIA Of Guys Approaching A Girl: Is It Natural Or Unusual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.