Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria (1059 Views)

Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) / Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says / President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by joan1: 7:02am On Oct 31, 2013
Akpabio says: ““This being the first pilgrimage by a Nigerian leader to Jerusalem, I believe that God is going to look at Nigeria favourably and our lives would never be the same again.“
Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom says President Goodluck Jonathan’s participation in the 2013 Christian pilgrimage to Israel is a turning point in the spiritual rebirth of the country.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr Aniekan Umana, in Uyo on Wednesday.
“I believe strongly that being the first historic pilgrimage by any president in Nigeria since 1914 would be a turning point for our country.
“I know that past Heads of State and Presidents who were Muslim had undertaken pilgrimages to Medina and Mecca.
“This being the first pilgrimage by a Nigerian leader to Jerusalem, I believe that God is going to look at Nigeria favourably and our lives would never be the same again.
“I am very convinced that this is a turning point for national rebirth.
“This is a turning point by Mr President to transform this nation.
“Any transformation that does not have spiritual connotation is not enough,” the statement quoted Akpabio as saying.
http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/147568-akpabio-says-jonathans-pilgrimage-israel-will-change-nigeria.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=akpabio-says-jonathans-pilgrimage-israel-will-change-nigeria
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by agbameta: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2013
What a useless and lousy comedian.

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 31, 2013
Christian pilgrimage to Islamic and Jewish Ancestral homes....

Who says the African is not a confused specimen?

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by lincolnj88: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2013
dat one nor concern me....jonathan should borrow one of those israeli drones they use for bombing thier arab neighbour, so that we can give this boko haram tough times and reduce our military personel on ground.
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 31, 2013
I've never read/heard a more daft statement all my life than this.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2013
So prayer without work or planning is equal to prosperity abi? Mumu a$S licking governor

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 8:25am On Oct 31, 2013
This dude takes psycophancy to another level.
Nigeria as it stand is already the most church/camp going nation and that hasn't changed anything.
God knows the true intention of people and is not deceived by outward pretense.
The president has what it takes to change the country if he has the will and sets exemplary examples first.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2013
agbameta: What a useless and lousy comedian.

Where've you been sire!? smiley

Akpos has come with his Jokes again. WTF is this "First Historic Pilgrimage By Any President In Nigeria" gat to do with Good Governance!? Akpos is just so stewpid.. Serzly!!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2013
see the kind of people we call leaders..what a shame

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by egift(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2013
This man is shameless. Guys he is conditioning you all for a 2015 slogan of the clowns. Don't fall for this, it is too cheap. Cheaper than I Had No Shoes.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2013
Stale.
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Enibobsky: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2013
hmmm!na wa ooo
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by agbameta: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2013
Brimmie:

Where've you been sire!? smiley

Akpos has come with his Jokes again. WTF is this "First Historic Pilgrimage By Any President In Nigeria" gat to do with Good Governance!? Akpos is just so stewpid.. Serzly!!

I'm hanging out in this jungle called Nigeria.

Apabio is a motor park clown so no supprise here.
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by raytony: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2013
And I told Akpabio that this Jamaica weed is not good for his health. Now see what it has resulted into.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Gluckdude(m): 9:23am On Oct 31, 2013
im thinking this is the same guy they refer to as AKPORS in comic relieve.
what a global joke.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2013
This man never fails to display his shallowness anywhere anytime
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by BLS1: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
"People get the kind of Leaders they deserve".... well done Nigerians, Godswill and Goodluck are your creations.. while the non Pilgrimage goers have Obama!
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by igbeke: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
ayusco85: So prayer without work or planning is equal to prosperity abi? Mumu a$S licking governor
ah, u are wrong for d above statements, bro.
i kno u r not from d moon. hav u eva bn to a/ibom? frm ur comment, u hav not. but let me educate u a little.
uyo is judge to be one of d most beautiful (if not d most) cities in nigeria right now. apabio has implimented pple oriented programmes, more dan any other governor in dis administration. wat do u call dat, playing? can ur governor boast of such achievements?
conclusively, i think u've gat no home training for hurling insults on an active governor.
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by BLS1: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
igbeke:
i kno u r not from d moon. hav u eva bn to a/ibom? frm ur comment, u hav not. but let me educate u a little.
uyo is judge to be one of d most beautiful (if not d most) cities in nigeria right now. apabio has implimented pple oriented programmes, more dan any other governor in dis administration. wat do u call dat, playing? can ur governor boast of such achievements?
conclusively, i think u've gat no home training for hurling insults on an active governor.

Look at this fool, nations the size of local governments like Singapore are leaving us behind and you are here praising a governor building flyovers when you have no traffic and mass unemployment in your state.
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
igbeke:

Sharrap ur dirty stinking mouth. Tout like u. I guess ur a boot licking tout, always blind to the inefficiencies of politicians because they give u peanuts.
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by ba7man(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
What a daft thing to say........Akpos-bio.

I doubt if he came up with the idea of any of the road network, the tropicana and other on-going projects in AKS.
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Polio: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Terrible .... Nigeria, i repeat died a long time ago!
Re: Akpabio Says Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Will Change Nigeria by Splinz(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
Unles the LORD build, the builders build in vain. As man's actions, strugles, & works are void; except in conformity with DIVINE WILL. Gej may wield all the machineries of govt, bt without G-D'S blesins, he can't do anything! So, Akpabio has a pt.

(1) (Reply)

The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar / Photos: As Deji Falae Buried In Akure / Real Reason Why ASUU Is On Strike, May Not Go Back To Till June Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.