Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,816 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis (13695 Views)

Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari / Security: Northern Governors Tosue Jonathan, FG / Utilise Security Votes To Better Lives Of Nigerian Youths •acn Tasks Jonathan,fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Pukkah: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
njokusboy: I seriously wonder what is so ambiguous about the fact that development cannot happen in an environment pebbled with crisis, moreso to warrant this heady and misguided frontal attacks on the person of the president by weak individuals whose only forum for display of their muscles is on nairaland..

The President voluntarily contested the election and promised to develop Nigeria. As at the time he made the promise, there was militancy, kidnapping, Boko Haram, and corruption. Why are the problems getting worse under his watch?

Does it mean he lied to us that he would turn Nigeria around when he did not have the ability to do so?

Does it mean his assessment of the problems was wrong or under-estimated? Don't forget he had been Deputy Governor, Governor, VP, Acting President before he freely and voluntarily contested; so he has no excuse not to grasp the issues or challenges.

Is he now saying we should remove the crisis first before he can develop Nigeria?

What he should be saying is that he will remove the crisis and develop Nigeria. In any case, all those identified problems are offshoot of bad governance.

njokusboy:
Most of these people cannot do anything to support themselves but choose to sit down in their homes and type whatever comes to mind without due consideration... Its really appaling..

The bolded part is fallacious and utter rubbish. Do you know 'most of these people'? If you don't know them you should stay on the topic.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Hamazz1: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
I guess he was referring to d Northern part of d country.but nigerians voted him to collect all this guns in d hands of individuals.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by obi123: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
tatosh: A compendium of Jonathans speech above is "I am ABSOLUTELY clueless, im here to loot the country dry with my associates"

that's it , no more no less. I added the "absolutely" by the way, i felt something was missing
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Solankelekzy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
conclusion
nigerian leaders are aggressive at corrupt matters and are mere cowards at the face of real issues, if not magic oga jona,WHAT AV U DONE?
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by chucky234(m): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
What do you expect from a clueless shoeless Ph. D holder whose feeding allowance is N1bn, the fact that GEJ is incompetent and unfit to rule Nigeria is an open secret.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by BigBen10: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Segeggs: ...but he can perform magic whenwhere there's no crisis.
Like in Rivers state
SMH
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pukkah:

The President voluntarily contested the election and promised to develop Nigeria. As at the time he made the promise, there was militancy, kidnapping, Boko Haram, and corruption. Why are the problems getting worse under his watch?

Does it mean he lied to us that he would turn Nigeria around when he did not have the ability to do so?

Does it mean his assessment of the problems was wrong or under-estimated? Don't forget he had been Deputy Governor, Governor, VP, Acting President before he freely and voluntarily contested; so he has no excuse not to grasp the issues or challenges.

Is he now saying we should remove the crisis first before he can develop Nigeria?

What he should be saying is that he will remove the crisis and develop Nigeria. In any case, all those identified problems are offshoot of bad governance.

The bolded part is fallacious and utter rubbish. Do you know 'most of these people'? If you don't know them you should stay on the topic.

Am glad you didn't go the way of your comrades.. Atleast you are reasonable... Like you rightly said all those problems were there before he came on, so most of those problems were inherited.. Kidnapping and militancy are not like they were ( not that he did it singlehandedly), boko haram on the other hand is the way it is because of the same sentiments that most critics of GEJ employ... Its little wonder a certain man said, there won't be peace during the administration.. Its also little wonder the fact that GEJ had barely sat on the presidential seat before bombs were going off here and there like fireworks on new year eve... The atmosphere that greeted the flag off of his reign as president is easily the harshest ever experienced in this country.. From post election violence as soon as he was elected over an election that was relatively fair compared to any other ever conducted to the latest massacre at yobe.. GEJ has got to be the unluckiest president there is.. No development can happen in a place of conflict.. A divided house cannot stand.. Check all the countries experiencing crises and tell me which is making headway.. Even egypt is receding.. This country can only get worse from the way I see it..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by franxalive(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pukkah: At least the President has admitted that he can't perform magic because there's no peace in the country.

Well, he should remember that all the problems were present before he became the President and he did promise to solve them.

He should also be told that effective governance is the solution to the problems he identified - militancy, kidnapping and Boko Haram. It is not the absence of those problems that will make him govern effectively. Or what did he achieve in Bayelsa where there was no violence?

If his expectation is that those identified problems must disappear first before he can govern well then he can as well throw in the towel.

Again, he can't perform magic in terms of governance because of problems but he's performing magic in terms of spending? Has his budgetary expenses reduced because he's not been able to deliver? How come the violence didn't stop him from travelling with several aides to Israel and other countries?

Is it violence and kidnapping that has made him unable to fight corruption? Why are the problems facing Nigeria getting worse? People sell kids, sell human parts and do all sorts of outrageous things to make money.

On another note, the President should pay more attention to the way he talks. What's [size=16pt]'shooting gun'[/size]? The part where he called on the youths is also disjointed.

ryt on point jareeeee!!!
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Pukkah: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
njokusboy:

Am glad you didn't go the way of your comrades.. Atleast you are reasonable... Like you rightly said all those problems were there before he came on, so most of those problems were inherited.. Kidnapping and militancy are not like they were ( not that he did it singlehandedly), boko haram on the other hand is the way it is because of the same sentiments that most critics of GEJ employ... Its little wonder a certain man said, there won't be peace during the administration.. Its also little wonder the fact that GEJ had barely sat on the presidential seat before bombs were going off here and there like fireworks on new year eve... The atmosphere that greeted the flag off of his reign as president is easily the harshest ever experienced in this country.. From post election violence as soon as he was elected over an election that was relatively fair compared to any other ever conducted to the latest massacre at yobe.. GEJ has got to be the unluckiest president there is.. No development can happen in a place of conflict.. A divided house cannot stand.. Check all the countries experiencing crises and tell me which is making headway.. Even egypt is receding.. This country can only get worse from the way I see it..

From 1999, all Nigerian Presidents have been severely criticized. Have you forgotten that Yar'Adua was nicknamed 'Baba Go-Slow' and 'Yaradull'? The joke then at restaurants whenever people need 'snail' and beer was to ask for one bottle of beer plus 'one 'Yaradua'. Why are you then singling out Jonathan as if people should not criticize him at all?

South Westerners did not play the tribal card when Obasanjo was being lampooned and the Northerners did not become tribalistic when people lambasted Yar'adua. When you rush forward with a tribal card to defend Jonathan, you are actually making him appear weak, pitiful and unpresidential. Leave him. Defend him with facts only. Realize that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. If he governs well, it is for the benefit of all, the reverse is also true.

The first bomb that went off was that of the Independence Day. I ask, can you remember Jonathan's response to that incident before any investigation took place? Do you care to find out?

Even if Jonathan can't do any other thing, why can't he do the following:

1. Reduce recurrent expenditure of about 70% of budget. What has Jonathan done about the Oronsaye Committee report that recommended the pruning of parastatals? Who is stopping him from achieving this? Why did he set up the Committee then only to abandon its report?
https://www.nairaland.com/1463722/dont-dump-oronsaye-report

2. Fight corruption. Right now, the EFCC is fast asleep. The Commission is even unable to pay its lawyers! This is a country where they spend several million on useless ventures. A country where many don't have access to basic health care!
https://www.nairaland.com/1488425/bayelsa-community-never-health-centre

Do you know how many officials travelled to Israel? Do you know that a report says President Jonathan paid the pension of old British colonialists? https://www.nairaland.com/1451569/jonathan-approves-pensions-colonial-officers

Is that a President that wants to fight corruption and wasteful spending?

3. The Crude Oil Theft [/b]is massive and unprecedented. Do you think this is ordinary?
https://www.nairaland.com/1409916/nigeria-oil-revenue-drops-42

[b]Tell me, which of the above issues is 'peace' stopping him from achieving?

By the way, who are 'my comrades'?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Gbawe: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pukkah:

South Westerners did not play the tribal card when Obasanjo was been lampooned and the Northerners did not become tribalistic when people lambasted Yar'adua. When you rush forward with a tribal card to defend Jonathan, you are actually making him appear weak, pitiful and unpresidential. Leave him. Defend him with facts only. Realize that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. If he governs well, it is for the benefit of all, the reverse is also true.

By the way, who are 'my comrades'?

That is the crux of the matter but don't expect this prejudiced and ethnocentric individual to understand what you are saying. See how he even alludes to your "comrades", as in fellow Yorubas, because it is always about playing the ethnic card for them. These sort are just bigotry and clannishness personified. They have totally and nauseatingly ethnicised the Presidency of GEJ whereas no such thing existed under OBJ and Yar Adua who were heavily and mercilessly criticized also. The proven actions and inactions of GEJ that has worsened things for Nigeria are not something any of us made up yet some will begin talking of Lagos/Yoruba media when he is rightly criticized for that.

Was it the Yorubas who forced GEJ to shamelessly bin the recommendations of the Ribadu petroleum task force and then unleash Okupe and co on a vindictive mission to denigrate Ribadu?

Did GEJ not set up the Danjuma-led PAC? I.e Presidential advisory committee? What did GEJ do when that committee asked GEJ, as a matter of urgency, to cut waste, bloated governance and profligacy? He disbanded the committee and announced glibly to the world that "leaner Government not possible" !!!! Those are the sort of things, too many to list, that gets GEJ criticized by myself and others !!! Nothing at all to do with ethnicity. Yet it is a damn shame that, day in day out, some will still never gain the reasonable mind to note that no lies are told against GEJ. He has actually worsened things for Nigeria with his actions and inaction. All the talks of previous President and previous problems are the same bullcrap jingoist hide behind to validate their clannish support of GEJ.

Holding leaders to account is actually very easy for a sophisticated polity. For example, if you asked sensible folks from a sensible Country what their President has done to cut bloated governance they should be able to say such without equivocation. They should be able to point to cuts, reduced waste and a leaner, more efficient ways with which things are being done !!!

Ask Nigerians the same. A critic of government will rightly point to GEJ buying 3 planes at a cost of $151 million to add to a fleet of 7. Many will note that corruption is hideous under GEJ who is running "a scam a day" Government !!!! They will reason correctly that the crazy decision to hand pipeline protection contracts to former militants is the reason oil theft is now at an all time high !!!! They will tell you GEJ can never claim ignorance of the fuel subsidy scam since it is the FG and NNPC that issued fuel marketers licence to the scammers in the first place !!! They will highlight that the NNPC is unreformed and still the worthlessly corrupt and inefficient parastatal costing Nigeria a fortune. Folks will factually point to the lack of cost-cutting anywhere and show that there is no difference at all to the hideous profligacy and bloated governance that has always existed. Etc, etc, etc, etc !!!! In short things are worse because GEJ has not tried to do anything differently to how things have been done previously to get Nigeria where she is today !!! What do these critics then get for that truthful take on affairs? You guessed it. Accusations of "Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani haters". Absolutely sick to death of these people and I actually regret sharing a nation with such backward folks who are always sentimental and perpetually unable to confront facts.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by anonimi: 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pukkah:

2. Fight corruption. Right now, the EFCC is fast asleep. The Commission is even unable to pay its lawyers!

The EFCC is one of the CLUELESS legacies of OBJoke, which was established by him in 2004 and used primarily to witch-hunt his political enemies.
Have you heard about the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of the Nigerian Police Force, which was established only 11 years earlier in 1993?
What is the dfifference between the EFCC's work and that of the SFU
Do you know that the Heads of EFCC are either active or retired policemen?

What OBJoke did was to build on the very flawed philosophy of the nation needs a great man rather than great INSTITUTIONS.
The glaring FAILURE of his philosophy is there for all to see after his 8 WASTED years.

A country where many don't have access to basic health care!
https://www.nairaland.com/1488425/bayelsa-community-never-health-centre

I am sure you know that LGAs are responsible for primary health care clinics.
However because the Chairmen and councillors are usually our relations & friends we do not bother to question their non-performance and sudden wealth but will be pointing at the remote federal government especially if it is not our kinsman who is president.
Do you think that is a wise thing to do
Is this the way to build our democratic institutions from the grassroots up?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by anonimi: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
kent_Aire:
If i may ask? is jonathan d govs of those mentioned states.
if thr is one thing this govs are good at, is pointing fingers to the center to divert attention frm thr bleeep ups and the media wch is just a tool in thr hands act dat way too.
jonathan has never been good with words and u can't tell me oratory equals intelligence else edo state would b most developed state in nigeria.
if u tell me jona is not handling d issue of bokoharam well, i'll ask u to tell how better he shld ve done it.

it's always easy to go with d norm or frenzy of always takin swipes at jona for every word said but look beyond surface and ask wat are d state govs doing with d monies givin to dem? my broda open ur eyes dats whr d big scam is.
eg. lekki express way, 4b/ 1km of road, portharcourt monorail etc

Thank you for your THOUGHTFUL post.
Those who wish to continue to follow the noise of the market rather than carefully understand the issues raised by the president on the need for peace in order to have accelerated (MAGIC-al) development are free to do so.
That way those who are engineering the crisis and the subsequent noise will come back to resume the simple sharing of our commonwealth aka national cake i.e. Niger Delta oil revenue in earnest.

Alagbari ohun l'oga Mugu - Na scammer/smart crook na im be oga of MUMUs.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by ladygogo: 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
PUKES! sad
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by ludot(m): 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
Stopping the crisis itself is magic.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Pukkah: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
kent_Aire:
If i may ask? is jonathan d govs of those mentioned states.
if thr is one thing this govs are good at, is pointing fingers to the center to divert attention frm thr bleeep ups and the media wch is just a tool in thr hands act dat way too.

I agree, there is corruption across the states and the state governments are in a great position to bring about development in their states.

But let me ask you, what's Jonathan doing about the waste and corruption in these states? Is he helpless?
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by youngmonie: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Gbawe:

That is the crux of the matter but don't expect this prejudiced and ethnocentric individual to understand what you are saying. See how he even alludes to your "comrades", as in fellow Yorubas, because it is always about playing the ethnic card for them. These sort are just bigotry and clannishness personified. They have totally and nauseatingly ethnicised the Presidency of GEJ whereas no such thing existed under OBJ and Yar Adua who were heavily and mercilessly criticized also. The proven actions and inactions of GEJ that has worsened things for Nigeria are not something any of us made up yet some will begin talking of Lagos/Yoruba media when he is rightly criticized for that.

Was it the Yorubas who forced GEJ to shamelessly bin the recommendations of the Ribadu petroleum task force and then unleash Okupe and co on a vindictive mission to denigrate Ribadu?

Did GEJ not set up the Danjuma-led PAC? I.e Presidential advisory committee? What did GEJ do when that committee asked GEJ, as a matter of urgency, to cut waste, bloated governance and profligacy? He disbanded the committee and announced glibly to the world that "leaner Government not possible" !!!! Those are the sort of things, too many to list, that gets GEJ criticized by myself and others !!! Nothing at all to do with ethnicity. Yet it is a damn shame that, day in day out, some will still never gain the reasonable mind to note that no lies are told against GEJ. He has actually worsened things for Nigeria with his actions and inaction. All the talks of previous President and previous problems are the same bullcrap jingoist hide behind to validate their clannish support of GEJ.

Holding leaders to account is actually very easy for a sophisticated polity. For example, if you asked sensible folks from a sensible Country what their President has done to cut bloated governance they should be able to say such without equivocation. They should be able to point to cuts, reduced waste and a leaner, more efficient ways with which things are being done !!!

Ask Nigerians the same. A critic of government will rightly point to GEJ buying 3 planes at a cost of $151 million to add to a fleet of 7. Many will note that corruption is hideous under GEJ who is running "a scam a day" Government !!!! They will reason correctly that the crazy decision to hand pipeline protection contracts to former militants is the reason oil theft is now at an all time high !!!! They will tell you GEJ can never claim ignorance of the fuel subsidy scam since it is the FG and NNPC that issued fuel marketers licence to the scammers in the first place !!! They will highlight that the NNPC is unreformed and still the worthlessly corrupt and inefficient parastatal costing Nigeria a fortune. Folks will factually point to the lack of cost-cutting anywhere and show that there is no difference at all to the hideous profligacy and bloated governance that has always existed. Etc, etc, etc, etc !!!! In short things are worse because GEJ has not tried to do anything differently to how things have been done previously to get Nigeria where she is today !!! What do these critics then get for that truthful take on affairs? You guessed it. Accusations of "Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani haters". Absolutely sick to death of these people and I actually regret sharing a nation with such backward folks who are always sentimental and perpetually unable to confront facts.

You have said it all and this aint making the situation any better for Nigeria when the President cannot be questioned without certian ppl bringing the tribal issue up, it just lays a bad precedent for future leadership and further divides the country as we can see now. Certain people cannot be not be held accountable without some people defending their shortcoming all because they are from the same tribe.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Pukkah: 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
anonimi:

The EFCC is one of the CLUELESS legacies of OBJoke, which was established by him in 2004 and used primarily to witch-hunt his political enemies.
Have you heard about the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of the Nigerian Police Force, which was established only 11 years earlier in 1993?
What is the dfifference between the EFCC's work and that of the SFU
Do you know that the Heads of EFCC are either active or retired policemen?

What OBJoke did was to build on the very flawed philosophy of the nation needs a great man rather than great INSTITUTIONS.
The glaring FAILURE of his philosophy is there for all to see after his 8 WASTED years.

I am sure you know that LGAs are responsible for primary health care clinics.
However because the Chairmen and councillors are usually our relations & friends we do not bother to question their non-performance and sudden wealth but will be pointing at the remote federal government especially if it is not our kinsman who is president.
Do you think that is a wise thing to do
Is this the way to build our democratic institutions from the grassroots up?

It is impractical to build democratic institutions from bottom up. I simply muse when some folks say it. The people you are talking about have no power to execute their ideas.

For example, what can you do when you see a motorist that's driving dangerously and not respecting the highway code? Who is supposed to reform the Police? Everything rises and falls on leadership.

Nigerians are not very difficult people. There was a time that Nigerians were not using seat belts while driving. How come they complied when leadership (through the FRSC) made it compulsory? How come 'okada' riders left the main roads in Lagos? How come street traders left King's Square in Benin? How come fuel subsidy was removed. The answer is leadership.

The state governments are squandering money. The LGs have become useless and redundant. Is the President helpless? Are there no ways to nudge, persuade and use instruments of power on Governors to do what is right?

On the value system which celebrates ill-gotten wealth and ostentatiousness, the answer also lies in the type of the leadership at the top. In this country, Alamieyeseigha was pardoned after being convicted, they pay pension to British colonialists, travel abroad with very large entourage, the number of aircraft in the presidential fleet, the budgetary expenses for food, etc. The President even travelled with Stella Oduah who was being questioned. There have been several reports against the Alison Madueke, none of which has been actioned.

Have you checked the papers today to see the several millions of naira that have gone into placing newspaper advertorials to praise the dead mother of Patience Jonathan? Who is supposed to call for moderation and modesty?

In what way(s) has Jonathan been a shining example to our teeming, impressionable youths?

Is he helpless in the area of pruning down the number of parastatals, reducing the salaries of legislators, working towards true fiscal federalism, etc?

The issue is not even so much about EFCC or SFU but on using one or both to ferociously fight corruption. Obasanjo has done his own in his own bumbling way and has left. Let's focus on today and tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by nairalad: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
How can a Commander in Chief spew this trash?

A smart President will never say such even if there are problems. You are just given your opponents something to feed on.

I hope one day this man will not surrender to Boko Harem on a national television.

And to say this man is fighting to stay beyond 2015... God forbit bad thing!!
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by kentAire(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pukkah:

I agree, there is corruption across the states and the state governments are in a great position to bring about development in their states.

But let me ask you, what's Jonathan doing about the waste and corruption in these states? Is he helpless?
what can d efcc do to a sitting gov? nothing!!!!! until d govs are out.
i would nt give jona 80% in fighting corruption. but i ask, is it better to fight d symptoms of cancer or to just cut of d affected part?
if ur ans is wat i think i wld be.
then i think we shld hold every govt official frm ground up.
eg. the heat is on the national assembly abt thr wages and dat in turn is making them point to us whr d leakages are.
if the heat is on d state and local gov, i bet in no time u would feel and enjoy d "dividence of democracy".

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by rhames(m): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
what better way to give up on your own dreams. From the shoe less pupil to the biggest farce in world history?
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by anonimi: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pukkah:

How come fuel subsidy was removed.

Sorry but are we talking about the same Nigeria or you have another country in mind

The state governments are squandering money. The LGs have become useless and redundant. Is the President helpless?

Let me respond to you directly:

Yes, the President of Nigeria is helpless just as the President of America was helpless in preventing those in Congress shutting down the US government recently.
In case you have not noticed our 1999 constitution and presidential system is copied from the Americans who are even more sophisticated with less TRIBAL/RACIAL bickering going on and more importantly the states and LGA equivalents do not wait for HANDOUTS from their federal government to SURVIVE.

Are there no ways to nudge, persuade and use instruments of power on Governors to do what is right?

You must think this is a MILITARY Coupist, MAXIMUM ruler regime with a DICTATOR at the helm of affairs.
We the people must make our democracy work at the lowest level up. No messiah either in khaki & boots or sarong & sandals will do it for us. Experience has shown us that they are even WORSE despite all their pretensions to be otherwise.
QED!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Themind: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pukkah: At least the President has admitted that he can't perform magic because there's no peace in the country.

Well, he should remember that all the problems were present before he became the President and he did promise to solve them.

He should also be told that effective governance is the solution to the problems he identified - militancy, kidnapping and Boko Haram. It is not the absence of those problems that will make him govern effectively. Or what did he achieve in Bayelsa where there was no violence?

If his expectation is that those identified problems must disappear first before he can govern well then he can as well throw in the towel.

Again, he can't perform magic in terms of governance because of problems but he's performing magic in terms of spending? Has his budgetary expenses reduced because he's not been able to deliver? How come the violence didn't stop him from travelling with several aides to Israel and other countries?

Is it violence and kidnapping that has made him unable to fight corruption? Why are the problems facing Nigeria getting worse? People sell kids, sell human parts and do all sorts of outrageous things to make money.

On another note, the President should pay more attention to the way he talks. What's [size=16pt]'shooting gun'[/size]? The part where he called on the youths is also disjointed.

God bless you sir.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Gbawe: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
nairalad: How can a Commander in Chief spew this trash?

A smart President will never say such even if there are problems. You are just given your opponents something to feed on.

I hope one day this man will not surrender to Boko Harem on a national television.

And to say this man is fighting to stay beyond 2015... God forbit bad thing!!

Thank you !! If you say the man should go some people will start spewing crap and playing the ethnic card while threatening all Nigerians as if the man is not President to all of us. Ask them to give a coherent argument why the man should stay they will begin offering platitudes, rhetoric and bogus 'achievements'.

Meanwhile an intelligent person will tell you GEJ is the wrong President for buying 3 planes at $151 million to add to 7 and make a Presidential air fleet of 10 !!! Nigeria then pays N11 billion yearly to maintain this hideous waste no sane person can justify especially in light of the acute poverty many Nigerians live under !!!! Analysts have even provided a list of the numerous massive improvement the N11 billion PAF maintenance bill can do for Nigerians in housing, health, education etc !!!!! Yet some deluded clowns will be yapping "GEJ till 2019" while all sane folks see is backward leadership that is an embarrassment even by African standard these days!!!!

While our President is needlessly and profligately buying 3 planes to add to 10, the Malawian President sold the only Plane in the Presidential fleet plus loads of Mercedes in the Presidential motorcade to "alleviate poverty". That is a decent person, a suitable President and a solution provider!!!! I can give 10 examples of the actions and inactions of GEJ that has directly worsened the woes of the nation !!!!Yet as simple as this arguments are to assimilate you will still have some backward cretins coming here to tell us we only criticize GEJ because we hate Ijaw folks and such nauseating garbage !!!! Some really backward folks call themselves Nigerians and these abject followers are a big part of the reason we have not moved forward as we should.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Maxitest(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
Tolexander: This man has admitted he has achieved nothing and conceded he has done nothing to develope the economy cos nigeria has been in the state of unrest and entropy since he has been the GCFR.

No. He's saying that the responsibility for peace to reign in any country rests with the government. There is no way he can perform magic if the fundamentals are not dealt with - that he acknowledged. Peace first!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Chigorkizz(m): 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
what i see is dat most nairalanders cnt understand and interprete simple and common English used by mr.president.

FG cnt perform magic on crisis means dat crisis cant b solved in a short time but through gradual processes.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Bpriest(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
Chigorkizz: what i see is dat most nairalanders cnt understand and interprete simple and common English used by mr.president.

FG cnt perform magic on crisis means dat crisis cant b solved in a short time but through gradual processes.
how can the crisis b solved if the FG can't perform?
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by kabba7(m): 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
How I wish after all this long trench someone will proper a *final solution* to the problems and letters. In power.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by patriotic007: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
reading through all this posts all i could see is that 80% of those that hate GEJ are from the west,.....but why?
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by hercules07: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you !! If you say the man should go some people will start spewing crap and playing the ethnic card while threatening all Nigerians as if the man is not President to all of us. Ask them to give a coherent argument why the man should stay they will begin offering platitudes, rhetoric and bogus 'achievements'.

Meanwhile an intelligent person will tell you GEJ is the wrong President for buying 3 planes at $151 million to add to 7 and make a Presidential air fleet of 10 !!! Nigeria then pays N11 billion yearly to maintain this hideous waste no sane person can justify especially in light of the acute poverty many Nigerians live under !!!! Analysts have even provided a list of the numerous massive improvement the N11 billion PAF maintenance bill can do for Nigerians in housing, health, education etc !!!!! Yet some deluded clowns will be yapping "GEJ till 2019" while all sane folks see is backward leadership that is an embarrassment even by African standard these days!!!!

While our President is needlessly and profligately buying 3 planes to add to 10, the Malawian President sold the only Plane in the Presidential fleet plus loads of Mercedes in the Presidential motorcade to "alleviate poverty". That is a decent person, a suitable President and a solution provider!!!! I can give 10 examples of the actions and inactions of GEJ that has directly worsened the woes of the nation !!!!Yet as simple as this arguments are to assimilate you will still have some backward cretins coming here to tell us we only criticize GEJ because we hate Ijaw folks and such nauseating garbage !!!! Some really backward folks call themselves Nigerians and these abject followers are a big part of the reason we have not moved forward as we should.

I think you should just relax, compile a list of GEJ's failures, wait for 2019 (they are going to rig him in 2015) when an aboki becomes the President, then we will wait for people praising GEJ now to criticize the aboki, you can now let them have it with both barrels. The guys praising GEJ are either paid, ethnic bigots or have never seen anything better in their lives, someone was asking about the states, most of what will make the states productive is held by the FG, why not allow the states to generate, transmit and distribute its own power,in essence, let states regulate power within their domain with excess going to the national grid, the FG gets 56% of everything, where is the impact of that 56%?
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by skyfall: 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
This is what you get when you make an absolute village m0ron such as this Jonathan your president. We really can't do anything now till 2015. We'll just hope that he doesn't do irreparable damage to the country before then. We'll then have a chance to choose a real president.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by anonimi: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
hercules07:

I think you should just relax, compile a list of GEJ's failures, wait for 2019 (they are going to rig him in 2015) when an aboki becomes the President, then we will wait for people praising GEJ now to criticize the aboki, you can now let them have it with both barrels. The guys praising GEJ are either paid, ethnic bigots or have never seen anything better in their lives, someone was asking about the states, most of what will make the states productive is held by the FG, why not allow the states to generate, transmit and distribute its own power, in essence, let states regulate power within their domain with excess going to the national grid, the FG gets 56% of everything, where is the impact of that 56%?

I don't even know how to start responding to your post as it shows a gross misunderstanding of governance in Nigeria.
Try get some more knowledge on the highlighted issues before you post again on such matters.
Re: Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis by Pukkah: 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
kent_Aire:
what can d efcc do to a sitting gov? nothing!!!!! until d govs are out.

How many of the ex-Governors are being tried? Sitting governors only have immunity against prosecution but they can be investigated. Hoe many are being investigated?

All Ministers (former and serving) as well as LGA chairmen and board members of parastatals and civil servants do not have any immunity. How many are being investigated or prosecuted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos NURTW Crisis: Court Grants Kunle Poly ₦1 Million Bail, Transfers Case / Fuel Subsidy Crisis: Nairaxi Meets Former Transport Minister, Provides Solution / Trump To Host President Buhari In Washington On April 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.