Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414000 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 10:11am On Jan 17, 2015
PROFLOVY:

Thanks
Bt d tin is i dont ve any tax info..D qstn specifically asked if i lived in in US before..And also asked for TIN..
just put non us resident thEre now, they won't ask for TIN..u're foreign, not a citizen.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
twosquare:
What do you think about this kindle book cover design?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAPIS-LAZULI-Quest-Underworld-Book-ebook/dp/B00SEV1ALK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1421657315&sr=1-1&keywords=LAPIS+LAZULI

The description is too short.

The background overshadows the face of the boy in thumbnail view. The pic should stand out.

You say teen in your description but the pic looks like a boy. A very young boy.
A casual buyer may think that it is a supernatural story for kids.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sarahn:

The description is too short.

The background overshadows the face of the boy in thumbnail view. The pic should stand out.

You say teen in your description but the pic looks like a boy. A very young boy.
A casual buyer may think that it is a supernatural story for kids.

But teens start from 13yrs grin but I think if viewed in the enlarge image view, it will be okay and yes, it is too short, it is a strategy. wink
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
twosquare:
But teens start from 13yrs grin but I think if viewed in the enlarge image view, it will be okay and yes, it is too short, it is a strategy. wink

Ah...
The-if you want to learn more tactic?
You can add triple dots to increase the effect...

But, I feel longer is better though.
In my experience, people never read the sample, they read description. It is a game-changer.

Yeah, ideally, teens are 13 years and above.
But people still look at them (13 year olds) as young kids.
In oyibo eyes, that teen looks like a 6 year old. smiley
You get the gist?

I browse Amazon a lot; looking for books, a simple killer cover to steal/imitate. grin
If I can't see the title or at least a pic in thumbnail view,
then forget it.

Now put yourself in the shoes of the buyer who is flooded with a stream of books in thumbnail view.
Do you see where this is headed?

Remember that buyers never see your book in enlarged format. They see in thumbnail view under New Releases, Customers Also Bought, Search Results.

It is worse when they are browsing mobile.
Who even uses a laptop these days? grin

If they like the thumbnail, they click to enlarge.
That is how it works.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sarahn:

Ah...
The-if you want to learn more tactic?
You can add triple dots to increase the effect...

But, I feel longer is better though.
In my experience, people never read the sample, they read description. It is a game-changer.

Yeah, ideally, teens are 13 years and above.
But people still look at them (13 year olds) as young kids.
In oyibo eyes, that teen looks like a 6 year old. smiley
You get the gist?

I browse Amazon a lot; looking for books, a simple killer cover to steal/imitate. grin
If I can't see the title or at least a pic in thumbnail view,
then forget it.

Now put yourself in the shoes of the buyer who is flooded with a stream of books in thumbnail view.
Do you see where this is headed?

Remember that buyers never see your book in enlarged format. They see in thumbnail view under New Releases, Customers Also Bought, Search Results.

It is worse when they are browsing mobile.
Who even uses a laptop these days? grin

If they like the thumbnail, they click to enlarge.
That is how it works.
okay sire.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by etebefia: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
Please who knows how and where i can outsource at cheap rate.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2015
Greetings house,

My new ebook is up http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SIJ4T8O

Please, I want you guys to check it and let me know your view/.

@Sarahn, pls come gimme some lashes grin

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
G12:
Greetings house,

My new ebook is up http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SIJ4T8O

Please, I want you guys to check it and let me know your view/.

@Sarahn, pls come gimme some lashes grin

Wtf is the black side border for?
You can do that for print books but not ecovers!

The fonts you used scream fear not confidence.
You could have used Trajanus Roman font for the title then bebas nue for subtitle and author name.
If you wish, I can attach the fonts that are much better.
Or you can search for them on fontspace.com. It is light file about 30 kb.

Html format your book description. It makes your description professional and generates more sales.

Use <h2></h2> for the title of your description. It is an amazon orange font color.
Use <h1> </h1>. It is biggest size font. Black.
h3 for subtitles e.t.c.
You can search for more on google.

You used the pen name Mcatte. Not easy to remember or spell in my opinion.
If I was looking for your book and forgot the title, I should remember your author name or at least be able to spell it. Make it more catchy.

You use the appelation, grin doctor. Have you put mechanisms in place to convince your readers that you are a authority? Like an author page?

Your catergories say teen and young adult.
Bear in mind that these demographics like the free stuff.
If you want to promote to them, you have a lot of work to do.
You need to get their attention.
With a stunning cover
and stunning marketing.

The cover does not make a cut.
The description just needs more tweaking.

On the good side.
I like the description.
The title is fair.
It would be more catchier if you had said

Heart Lock: How to Make Any Girl yours in 7 days or less!
Girl Magnet: Make Any Girl Yours GUARANTEED!
Mr.Rightology 101: Getting Your Mrs. Right in 21 days or less.
Prince Charming for Dummies: Get the girl you want.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Sarahn:

Wtf is the black side border for?
You can do that for print books but not ecovers!

The fonts you used scream fear not confidence.
You could have used Trajanus Roman font for the title then bebas nue for subtitle and author name.
If you wish, I can attach the fonts that are much better.
Or you can search for them on fontspace.com. It is light file about 30 kb.

Html format your book description. It makes your description professional and generates more sales.

Use <h2></h2> for the title of your description. It is an amazon orange font color.
Use <h1> </h1>. It is biggest size font. Black.
h3 for subtitles e.t.c.
You can search for more on google.

You used the pen name Mcatte. Not easy to remember or spell in my opinion.
If I was looking for your book and forgot the title, I should remember your author name or at least be able to spell it. Make it more catchy.

You use the appelation, grin doctor. Have you put mechanisms in place to convince your readers that you are a authority? Like an author page?

Your catergories say teen and young adult.
Bear in mind that these demographics like the free stuff.
If you want to promote to them, you have a lot of work to do.
You need to get their attention.
With a stunning cover
and stunning marketing.

The cover does not make a cut.
The description just needs more tweaking.

On the good side.
I like the description.
The title is fair.
It would be more catchier if you had said

Heart Lock: How to Make Any Girl yours in 7 days or less!
Girl Magnet: Make Any Girl Yours GUARANTEED!
Mr.Rightology 101: Getting Your Mrs. Right in 21 days or less.
Prince Charming for Dummies: Get the girl you want.

LOL, thanks for your blunt submission. Just the way I like it.
I'll refer to your comment when making correction, after that comes the free promotion.

I came across the HTML formating stuff today in one guy's tutorial, but I am yet to get a grasp at it. I think I will give it more attention.
I think I should just remove the appellation, edit the title using your suggestions and make it sound like a "hard guy's way of dating girls" even though I already set up an author page today.

Thanks once more!

Anybody doing translation to other languages here or maybe interested?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Iytech(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
This question is for MK82, Sarahn or any other experienced kindle publisher here.

Do you guys write your kindle books in American or British English? Does it really matter, since the book can be bought from any part of the English-speaking world? I do know Americans don't really like or totally accept the British English as correct.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Iytech:

This question is for MK82, Sarahn or any other experienced kindle publisher here.

Do you guys write your kindle books in American or British English? Does it really matter, since the book can be bought from any part of the English-speaking world? I do know Americans don't really like or totally accept the British English as correct.

different strokes for different folks...but I will prefer you use american english since they have the largest market. Even the americans "worship" the Queen's English and accent. British English is accepted as correct but who cares!! Either British or American, go for the one that suits you and you can express yourself in without roadblocks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Sarahn:

Hey, hopeless lunatic.
Rot forever in the hell of stupidity!

In case, greed hath blinded thy eyes,
This thread is for Kindle Direct Publishing.
Not games that half-mad people play!

Stay out.

Fools rush in where angels fear to
tread.

Hell? grin grin grin grin

i can see where you are at the moment sorry may the lord have mercy on you hell mate
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 7:56am On Jan 23, 2015
adamdbt:

Hell? grin grin grin grin

i can see where you are at the moment sorry may the lord have mercy on you hell mate

Great!
So you are stupid and deluded.

350 million years of evolution
200 million years of brain development

wasted

on your brain that can't even understand simple imagery.
Wasted on a brain that resorts to ad hominems.

If you have a contribution that relates to kindle publishing, state them here instead of promoting nonsense.
Thank you.

@all, please accept my apologies for derailing.
I just have a innate hatred for affiliate promotion of any thing.

@G12 I am glad I could be of some help.
@ Iytech, what twosquare said. I will just add a little: A lot of Britions HATE AMe. Some will go as far as not reading a book that has AMe. And some would care less.

Here's the thing: Americans dominate about 60% of the ebook market. So it is wiser to stick to Ame for now, unless you are targeting only the UK market.
I hope this helps!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 23, 2015
Sarahn:

Great!
So you are stupid and deluded.

350 million years of evolution
200 million years of brain development

wasted

on your brain that can't even understand simple imagery.
Wasted on a brain that resorts to ad hominems.

If you have a contribution that relates to kindle publishing, state them here instead of promoting nonsense.
Thank you.

@all, please accept my apologies for derailing.
I just have a innate hatred for affiliate promotion of any thing.

@G12 I am glad I could be of some help.
@ Iytech, what twosquare said. I will just add a little: A lot of Britions HATE AMe. Some will go as far as not reading a book that has AMe. And some would care less.

Here's the thing: Americans dominate about 60% of the ebook market. So it is wiser to stick to Ame for now, unless you are targeting only the UK market.
I hope this helps!

like seriously you think insults will ever solve anything?

anyways sorry for placing my aff link on your thread butlearn to handle stuffs like this in a civilized manner

take care wink
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
@Sarahn, is it just to put my description text between the html tags? can I do that in ms word and just copy and paste the text with the code in the space provided for description when adding a new ebook?

Please come to my rescue o, I am lost.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
G12:
@Sarahn, is it just to put my description text between the html tags? can I do that in ms word and just copy and paste the text with the code in the space provided for description when adding a new ebook?

Please come to my rescue o, I am lost.

Yes. It is that simple.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 12:42am On Jan 24, 2015
Sarahn:

Yes. It is that simple.

Alright, thanks so much
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by aboveall1000: 5:26am On Jan 24, 2015
I like to appreciate everyone that is making one contribution or the other on this trend. Please understand that a lot of people are following it closely and its just wonderful. God bless you all
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 1:05am On Jan 26, 2015
kay29000:

Men! I feel your pain...this is the same reason I gave up on Kindle for a while. How can I sell a book for 2.99, get like .99 knocked off it, and then another like.99 knocked off it again for tax. Men! Wetin remain na? I wish all my books sold more in UK.
@kay29000. Baba, don't give up on kindle publishing because of this. Just like prof. Mk82 do say, 'the higher the number of books you have on amazon KDP. The better your income.' just keep researching on niches that sell well and keep writing. 'My broda, KDP. Make sense die.' Just endure and keep writing books at the beginning... Within some months ahead, you will smile.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by seyibal20: 1:20am On Jan 26, 2015
I have been a member of nairaland for a long time and i have only posted or created a thread once in the past (you can confirm if there's a way to). I come here daily (more like an addiction) like any other person and I have benefited 1 way or another from the forum. I found this great program and decided to share also; However I don't know where else to post this,so am just going to put it here. Please carefully read below and make sure you understand it. If any question,feel free to ask as I am availabe to answer them all. Best of luck !!!!!!!!

Please remember to use the link below for registration.

==================================

Welcome to a wonderful Advertising Marketing Matrix Program.

It's a very simple Autopilot Advertising Marketing System that Makes cool money for you from simple Free Advertising.

Please don't miss out on this FABULOUS and simple program.
If you believe you have seen it all...

It was designed with an unbeatable rate of spillunder & spillover forced Matrix formula, and will prove to you
how it is possible to earn up to $124,949 by investing only $0.69!

This Program pays you instantly and directly to your Paypal, Paysza or PerfectMoney accounts!
Make a wise decision NOW!

ONLY $0.69 to join! NO RISK!

It's a direct pay system and You are GUARANTEED TO MAKE A PROFIT FROM FIRST DAY!
We will NOT STOP making you money even if YOU STOP!
It works! It pays instantly and it pays FOREVER!
Visit the website link below and join right now:

Join Now : http://www.cashfeeder.net/?seyionline

Regards
OLU
seyionline@gmail.com
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 1:23am On Jan 26, 2015
@sarahn. Pls. Help me with tips, website and tools on how to improve my graphic design skills. Biko, help me. ' i no understand our naija graphic designers', the price some will give to do an ebook cover for amazon KDP.,is heart breaking.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 2:28am On Jan 26, 2015
henrimoto:
@kay29000. Baba, don't give up on kindle publishing because of this. Just like prof. Mk82 do say, 'the higher the number of books you have on amazon KDP. The better your income.' just keep researching on niches that sell well and keep writing. 'My broda, KDP. Make sense die.' Just endure and keep writing books at the beginning... Within some months ahead, you will smile.

Thanks for this. I am motivated once again.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2015
henrimoto:
@sarahn. Pls. Help me with tips, website and tools on how to improve my graphic design skills. Biko, help me. ' i no understand our naija graphic designers', the price some will give to do an ebook cover for amazon KDP.,is heart breaking.
as for me, I use fiverr...we have good graphics designer there that will design for you at a reasonable price....
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
quote author=henrimoto post=30136584]@sarahn. Pls. Help me with tips, website and tools on how to improve my graphic design skills. Biko, help me. ' i no understand our naija graphic designers', the price some will give to do an ebook cover for amazon KDP.,is heart breaking.[/quote]

I agree with you.
Outsourcing may be costly
but DIY is work

I don't recall the exact website but here are some:

www.graphic-design.com/DTG/Design/book_covers/index.html

jmney-grimm.com/2012/10/cover-design-primer/

http://selfpubauthors.com/2010/03/08/how-to-make-a-book-cover-in-gimp/

I tell you it is a lot of work!
Easiest method: Find a great cover in your niche and imitate it as closely as possible.
or google premade covers +niches and imitate!

Search for Derek Murphy on Smashwords.
He has an excellent book on cover design.
He designed the cover for Friends with Benefits series and some other covers.

He has a guest post on creativepenn.com about designing covers with MS Word
Forgotten the link sorry.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by aboveall1000: 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hello house, I will appreciate your honest and constructive opinions on what you think about this book cover. many thanks

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wisyno(m): 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
henrimoto:

Hi Henrimoto,
Try to send me a message. Got a great info for you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
aboveall1000:
Hello house, I will appreciate your honest and constructive opinions on what you think about this book cover. many thanks

As this is the first time I am seeing your comment, allow me to welcome you to KDP!

Now let us begin
Disclaimer: Harsh.
Summary:
Horrid. They are too many distractions that will annoy the eyes of the reader.
Please change fonts used and edit the pen name. At most please use only three fonts.

Details
I read the title as Unofficial Fun Time! 4 M Loves Ariana Grande Trivia Game.

It does not make sense. Please explain. I am certain that they may be newbies that want your book. Your title should be as simple as possible.

If the M and 4 were part of the design, please make it fade into the background.
You won't want them confused @ your book while they are better ecovers with readable fonts called your competition, now would you?
I think not.

Selana White sounds like Selana Williams.
Not a great idea for a pen name.
The font you used is NOT for author names!
Bebas Nue is better. You can download that on fontspace.com

To be honest, you are publishing in a game niche right?
Their most common and professional looking fonts are
League Gothic
Bebas Nue.

both available on fontspace.com.

Place your tagline above the title and your subtitle below.
And a tagline is best one sentence not two.

In my eyes, they appear too jumbled up.

Why I am so harsh on fonts?
Because it will distinguish your book from that of competitors. While they are using unprofessional fonts, you come in and take away their buyers with fonts.
Fonts can make or break any photo.

Easiest method: Find a cover in your niche that you admire and imitate it!

Best of luck.
Relax, with time and practice, you would get better and you see that people judge books based on covers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.