Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414194 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Emmanuelnce:
Well, I haven't tried publishing Amazon kindle eBook, but, I focus on freelance writing, and I make lots of money monthly, and, luckily for me I have about 36 clients that always provide work for me. Freelance is also good, and if you want to start as a freelance writer, I will advise you to join upwork or guru, [s]don't think of joining fiverr or freelance[/s] and the rest of them.

I think I will also try publishing Amazon kindle eBooks, and see how it works.
Different strokes for different folks....That's an absolute statement made by you. Fiverr does it for me in 100 times than FL and Upwork or Guru will ever do. Don't generalize.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Emmanuelnce(m): 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
twosquare:
Different strokes for different folks....That's an absolute statement made by you. Fiverr does it for me in 100 times than FL and Upwork or Guru will ever do. Don't generalize.Thanks.
Hi twosquare, check out here trustpilot.com, and check reviews for upwork and fiverr, then compare both, well I guess everyone ain't the same, I tried fiverr it was poor poor, but, when I joined upwork I just made lots of money within three weeks of joining the site. Everyday, every time I am always writing articles, as I am talking to you, I have lots of articles here with me, that I am still writing. Since I joined Upwork, I have no time to focus on my own blog, I am always busy with my clients blogs and websites.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
Emmanuelnce:

Hi twosquare, check out here trustpilot.com, and check reviews for upwork and fiverr, then compare both, well I guess everyone ain't the same, I tried fiverr it was poor poor, but, when I joined upwork I just made lots of money within three weeks of joining the site. Everyday, every time I am always writing articles, as I am talking to you, I have lots of articles here with me, that I am still writing. Since I joined Upwork, I have no time to focus on my own blog, I am always busy with my clients blogs and websites.
That's where your destiny lies bro. Many have tried Upwork and it didn't work for them, and they ventured into Fiverr and it did. Also, vice versa....That's how it is....
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Emmanuelnce(m): 7:52am On Dec 22, 2015
twosquare:
That's where your destiny lies bro. Many have tried Upwork and it didn't work for them, and they ventured into Fiverr and it did. Also, vice versa....That's how it is....
Well, you are right. Everybody's destiny ain't the same
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:08am On Dec 22, 2015
If you sent me a PM, send an email to the gmail on my profile. l don't have access to my nairaland email.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by usermane(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2015
Hi mk82 and guys! Discovered Amazon KDP since June and have been following this thread since August. I believe Amazon KDP is the easiest means of online income. I have considered other means like YouTube, Blog or Free Lance writing and opted to settle for Kindle Publishing. Currently, I haven't published any work but I am working on something; a fiction.

I see most posters here deal in non-fiction, anyone out here with experience in publishing fiction?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by usermane(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
girlfromafrica:
@MK82

I have followed this thread closely and almost too passionately not just because of the prospect of passive income but from knowing that I can make money doing what I love; writing. Thanks for starting this thread.

I have published three books to date. Below are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXAD5U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH0NJUS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXABXO

However, I have only been able to get very very few sales. I have tried all sorts of free and paid promotion. I really don't think my books are as hideous as my sales make them look. I have about twenty other books to write but sales from my first three books are discouraging. Please could you kindly give me your opinion on this matter? Also are kindle books still profitable?
Please I am open to advice and criticisms from everyone. Thanks.

From the little experience i got on this, it takes way more than a good book to make it on Kindle. In addition to writing a well researched and detailed book, you need to polish your text to captivate readers. Be it fiction or non-fiction, the presentation and pacing of your writing could be a deal breaker.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by usermane(m): 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
girlfromafrica:

Ok I think I get it now. I have been writing purely out of passion. However the last time I researched, e.r.o.t.i.c.a seemed to be the most profitable niche on kindle and since I am "too holy" for that I decided to stick to my passion but this time I will conduct thorough keyword research. However, I recently discovered another niche that seems very profitable. I will try it out and report my experience soon.
One more question: Should my keyword research be restricted to amazon, kindle or google?
Thanks a lot!

Your books are in non-fiction category. In Kindle the top selling categories under non-fiction are Health fitness, Nutrition and Self-Help(How to) books. Fiction outsells non-fiction on Kindle by a landslide. You want to try fiction if you have a good and compelling story and you are willing to deal with the bulky writing it demands. Aside Er0tica; Romance, Fantasy, Thrillers and Mystery are top selling categories you can cash in on.

In the end, your primary concern should be developing an awesome product. It all boil down to your strength and effort

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Emmanuelnce(m): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
usermane:

Your books are in non-fiction category. In Kindle the top selling categories under non-fiction are Health fitness, Nutrition and Self-Help(How to) books. Fiction outsells non-fiction on Kindle by a landslide. You want to try fiction if you have a good and compelling story and you are willing to deal with the bulky writing it demands. Aside Er0tica; Romance, Fantasy, Thrillers and Mystery are top selling categories you can cash in on.

In the end, your primary concern should be developing an awesome product. It all boil down to your strength and effort

You can also make money in writing comics.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by usermane(m): 5:07am On Dec 29, 2015
Emmanuelnce:

You can also make money in writing comics.

Writing and publishing comics on Kindle? Thanks, I "ll look into that in future. Have you tried it or do you know anyone with experience in that?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by taddat(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Emmanuelnce(m): 2:29am On Dec 30, 2015
I haven't tried, because I can't come up with any comic to write about yet. But, this is how it goes, If you join, they will ask you to install their app for comic writing through their Amazon site. Visit kdp.amazon.com and you will the list of categories, choose comic to know more about it.
usermane:

Writing and publishing comics on Kindle? Thanks, I "ll look into that in future. Have you tried it or do you know anyone with experience in that?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by usermane(m): 4:10am On Dec 30, 2015
Emmanuelnce:
I haven't tried, because I can't come up with any comic to write about yet. But, this is how it goes, If you join, they will ask you to install their app for comic writing through their Amazon site. Visit kdp.amazon.com and you will the list of categories, choose comic to know more about it.

Oh, thanks a lot. I read about that yesterday and was kind of excited about the application. However, my drawings aren't great. I 'll need to hone my drawing skills in other to get into this. This is going to take time, so i don't really see myself getting into comic work yet.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CPriest: 5:56am On Dec 30, 2015
girlfromafrica:
@MK82

I have followed this thread closely and almost too passionately not just because of the prospect of passive income but from knowing that I can make money doing what I love; writing. Thanks for starting this thread.

I have published three books to date. Below are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXAD5U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH0NJUS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXABXO

However, I have only been able to get very very few sales. I have tried all sorts of free and paid promotion. I really don't think my books are as hideous as my sales make them look. I have about twenty other books to write but sales from my first three books are discouraging. Please could you kindly give me your opinion on this matter? Also are kindle books still profitable?
Please I am open to advice and criticisms from everyone. Thanks.

usermane:

From the little experience i got on this, it takes way more than a good book to make it on Kindle. In addition to writing a well researched and detailed book, you need to polish your text to captivate readers. Be it fiction or non-fiction, the presentation and pacing of your writing could be a deal breaker.

Hi, permit me to make a few observations about the last link (well that was the only one I checked). I mean the[i] Wear an Ugly Bra, You're Single: A book for singles couples would wish they'd read[/i]

Don't see this as a harsh matter please, take as if I am a "co-investor" keen on you getting happy results with this book.

a. If you can, remove the a book for singles couples would wish they'd read. That phrase has no business on your front page. Sounds self-praising, it is poorly constructed, and you aren't keen on couples but on singles. It also shrouds the beauty of the topic. Bylines(is that what its called?) look terrible on Amazon books by the way. It looks good on the cover but on the book order page, it is bad. So the shorter the title, the better.

b. To the description of the book, it started with haven - please correct that. I had to go check again and again to be sure I was not wrong thinking you were wrong. Haven is not the right word for what you intended saying there.

c. Again on the description - The formatting is terrible. No paragraphs. Please reformat.

d. Again on the description - too hard to read. What is the MAIN point you've got in the book? Types of singles? Enjoy singlehood? Single and happy? It should be distinct.

This book explores the power and freedom of a single woman and also gives valuable advice to any single woman hoping to find love someday.
- This is the best statement of that description (in my own opinion). Though to me it should be reworked and given a stronger punch. For instance hoping to find love someday could be "waiting for her dream guy". Then what age are you writing to? "Single woman" is not for under 21s I think.

e. I "looked inside" your book, you've got good material, you've got a nice way of writing too. But you need to make it simpler. Focus is also necessary. You have a lot of things being said in the same space. One point to a space is better.

f. I looked inside and saw "double" - I was confused till I read the book the second time. If you can, change it. Why? Even if your market is Nigeria (and I doubt that), we don't use double for people who are in a relationship. I get that you quoted the word, but it makes it harder for your book to flow. This non-fiction, and it may be better to use words that everyone is familiar with.

g. Contents - Your table of contents show the same issue I raised in f. Focus. Choose one aspect of what you want to say and beat it to death, resurrect it and beat it to death again. Your book has five parts or so, and within each part are a variety of topics. Typically Nigerian, but you need to refine.

I will repeat this, you are good. You have the content, you only need to study how great books read, and flow. If only we had great publishing houses in Nigeria that had systems to turn raw works into gem, yours will have been a great book. But you have to do it all by yourself. It will take time but your book is worth it.

Do not compare your book with "books written solely to make money". Yours is a "work", and if you work on it, you may make a name from it.

Some of my suggestions are things you can clear up in 5 minutes (e.g Haven, description formatting and rewrite). Others are things that require much work, but even if you don't implement them now, I would advise you take note of them for the sake of the other 20 books you are writing.

Do you have a blog?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by DavidStockland: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2015
We have two products - duplexes - for sale below:

(1) TYPE – SEMI DETACHED HOUSE

LOCATION – ikota estate villa, LEKKI

Description:
3 bedrooms en-suite, 2 fitted sitting rooms, glamorous kitchen, fitted balcony, suitable boys-quarter apartment, developed security apartment, fine toilets, beautiful parking space, beautiful generator apartment, good storage apartments.

Price – ₦40,000,000.

Title – Governor’s Consent

More Facilities:

24/7 Security Service
Serene Environment
Ample Vehicle Parking
Centralized Water Plant

For more inquiries,
Contacts:
David 09031248659
Henry 09054811245
Bridget 08095672842

WEBSITES - https://havencourts./news/
Emails – havencourts@yahoo.com

(2) TYPE – TERRACED HOUSE

Description:

3 bedrooms en-suite, 2 fitted sitting rooms, glamorous kitchen, fitted balcony, suitable boys-quarter apartment, developed security apartment, fine toilets, beautiful parking space, beautiful generator apartment, good storage apartments.

Price – ₦38,000,000 each.

Title – Governor’s Title

More Facilities:

24/7 Security Service
Serene Environment
Ample Vehicle Parking
Centralized Water Plant

For more inquiries,
Contacts:
David 09031248659
Henry 09054811245
Bridget 08095672842

WEBSITE - https://havencourts./news/
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2015
DavidStockland:
We have two products - duplexes - for sale below:

(1) TYPE – SEMI DETACHED HOUSE

Description:

Price – ₦40,000,000.

Title – Governor’s Consent

More Facilities:

24/7 Security Service
Serene Environment
Ample Vehicle Parking
Centralized Water Plant

For more inquiries,
Contacts:
David 09031248659
Henry 09054811245
Bridget 08095672842

WEBSITES - https://havencourts./news/

(2) TYPE – TERRACED HOUSE

Description:

Price – ₦38,000,000 each.

Title – Governor’s Title

More Facilities:

24/7 Security Service
Serene Environment
Ample Vehicle Parking
Centralized Water Plant

For more inquiries,
Contacts:
David 09031248659
Henry 09054811245
Bridget 08095672842

WEBSITE - https://havencourts./news/

Guy abeg park well. Does this place look like property section to you angry
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Emmanuelnce(m): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
usermane:

Oh, thanks a lot. I read about that yesterday and was kind of excited about the application. However, my drawings aren't great. I 'll need to hone my drawing skills in other to get into this. This is going to take time, so i don't really see myself getting into comic work yet.

Hello, don't think of joining as a comic writer if you are not good in drawing. For example, are you perfect in Corel draw? If not, then go and learn it. After writing a comic, you will be the one to also provide your comic cover, you will need to be a perfect artist to get yourself a nice cover, if your cover looks ugly nobody is buying your comic.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Emmanuelnce(m): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
Godmother:

Guy abeg park well. Does this place look like property section to you angry

Leave the guy, I wonder if here looks like market place to him. Let him read the topic, if in case he can't see it the topic reads "AMAZON KINDLE BOOK PUBLISHING" and not "PROPERTY FOR SALE". angry
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is another year, and we know things change over time. I would like to know (apart from quality, value, marketing, etc.) the "sweet spot" pricing for ebooks. Some opine it is $3.99, what do you think et al.? Which price brings in the most sales? Shed more light: Mk82, ferhyntorlah, Godmother, girlfromafrica, G12, Kay29000...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
twosquare:
This is another year, and we know things change over time. I would like to know (apart from quality, value, marketing, etc.) the "sweet spot" pricing for ebooks. Some opine it is $3.99, what do you think et al.? Which price brings in the most sales? Shed more light: Mk82, ferhyntorlah, Godmother, girlfromafrica, G12, Kay29000...

I read in an article that most people will buy an ebook without blinking if it's priced at $0.99, but for the life of me I can't imagine slaving away to research and write a book to sell at that ridiculous amount. Same article also said $2.99 is still a fair price so my prices are just that and I am getting sales.

Funny enough the only book I have at $0.99 hardly sells more than 2 copies a month. Does anyone price their books higher? How's the sales?

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by turnup05: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pls I have a fiction book for kids that I want to publish and sell on amazon kindle. Pls I need your advice
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
Godmother:

I read in an article that most people will buy an ebook without blinking if it's priced at $0.99, but for the life of me I can't imagine slaving away to research and write a book to sell at that ridiculous amount. Same article also said $2.99 is still a fair price so my prices are just that and I am getting sales.

Funny enough the only book I have at $0.99 hardly sells more than 2 copies a month. Does anyone price their books higher? How's the sales?.
What an insigful post from you. I will love to have more contributions from others too. You know that 70% royalty +tax dey painful.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by meetmal03(f): 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Aida13: 12:35am On Jan 13, 2016
Hello to the gurus in the house. First off big ups to the posters @CPriest @MK82 and Co. you guys should know you are an inspiration.

I first got the idea to publish on one of such threads with advice from you lot. That was almost a year ago and after 2-3 years ghostwriting a few trillion words for clients ^^' I finally got out my own work on Amazon.

It's barely 48 hours live, just want to thank God and also commend Nairalanders for bringing ideas to the populace. If you would like to check out my fiction novel (Black woman white man romance BWWM) then do check the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHBWB44

I'm looking for reviewers so let me know if you're interested.

I can address any questions on Kindle publishing, cover design and formatting if you have a particular issue.

Oh and here's the blog to start on publicizing the book:

https://angellmayabooks.

Thanks again house!!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 6:34am On Jan 13, 2016
twosquare:

Well, I don;t know, let me just speak on my personal experience. I have a book on men's health that sustains me. It sells the most out of all my other books. I started out selling it for .99, I wasn't selling so much. So, I was like, what the heck, I don't have nothing to loose if I move it up to $2, and so I did. I started selling more than I was while it was at .99. Then I took a big risk and moved it to $5.99. I don't sell as much as I was selling while it was at $2.99, but I make more money now. I guess it has to do with how important the book is to the people you are marketing it to. Sometimes, having a higher price on a book give people the impression that the book is of more quality.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2016
kay29000:

Well, I don;t know, let me just speak on my personal experience. I have a book on men's health that sustains me. It sells the most out of all my other books. I started out selling it for .99, I wasn't selling so much. So, I was like, what the heck, I don't have nothing to loose if I move it up to $2, and so I did. I started selling more than I was while it was at .99. Then I took a big risk and moved it to $5.99. I don't sell as much as I was selling while it was at $2.99, but I make more money now. I guess it has to do with how important the book is to the people you are marketing it to. Sometimes, having a higher price on a book give people the impression that the book is of more quality.
Thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Kreemsy(m): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thank you OP and everyone that has contributed,i will definitely start dis biz soon. I want to apply for payoneer,but my national Id has my former resident address while i want to use my current address,hope thats not going to be a problem? Can i use the zip code of the area closest to me and still receive the payoneer? Help pls
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kreemsy:
Thank you OP and everyone that has contributed,i will definitely start dis biz soon. I want to apply for payoneer,but my national Id has my former resident address while i want to use my current address,hope thats not going to be a problem? Can i use the zip code of the area closest to me and still receive the payoneer? Help pls
Use the address on your National ID as your main address to avoid delays. You can then use your current address as the delivery address. You will see where they will ask you if you want the card delivered to a different address.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Kreemsy(m): 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
God bless you
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Kreemsy(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
Please OP,can i use the nearest zip code to my current resident,it has few streets on it but my street not listed. Not the local govt code sha.thanks God bless u

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.