Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,798 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414182 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
twosquare:
Let me understand because if my calculation is what actually I'm thinking, then it's a rip-off. That means Uncle Sam as a whole (30% for Amazon, another 30% for Tax) = 60% of your revenue. Total sales is $100. So, I will most likely have $40 as take home. Right? Mk82

Amazon will take their cut because you're using their platform to sell your book. Some authors sell theirs via their website but they don't have the HUGE traffic that Amazon has.

If we had a tax treaty, it would have been, maybe 5—15%. You can't make money from US without being taxed. US is the land of taxation!

To make it worse, even money earned by US citizens from overseas are taxed. What do you have to say about that?

That's why some US citizens renounce their citizenship and pick up citizenship of a tax-friendly country.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Amazon will take their cut because you're using their platform to sell your book. Some authors sell theirs via their website but they don't have the HUGE traffic that Amazon.

If we had a tax treaty, it would have been, maybe 5—15%. You can't make money from US without being taxed. US is the land of taxation!

To make it worse, even money earned by US citizens from overseas are taxed. What do you have to say about that?

That's why some US citizens renounce their citizenship and pick up citizenship of a tax-friendly country.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. One more thing. Am I right in my calculation?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
twosquare:
Okay, thanks for the clarification. One more thing. Am I right in my calculation?

Yeah, you are right but what can we do? Amazon is in business to make PROFIT and Uncle Sam will ask for his own share. So, what can we do but to comply.

In addition to what I said earlier about some US citizens renouncing their citizenship - one of the co-founders of Facebook, Eduardo Saverin, renounced his US citizenship for Singapore before Facebook went public with the initial public offer. What could have caused this? Your guess is as good as mine - Uncle Sam!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Yeah, you are right but what can we do? Amazon is in business to make PROFIT and Uncle Sam will ask for his own share. So, what can we do but to comply.

In addition to what I said earlier about some US citizens renouncing their citizenship - one of the co-founders of Facebook, Eduardo Saverin, renounced his US citizenship for Singapore before Facebook went public with the initial public offer. What could have caused this? Your guess is as good as mine - Uncle Sam!
Well, that's a rip-off oo.. Actually, why is the freelancing world so different. No tax of 30%....oh,I forgot, most of them are not even American companies... Fiverr I think is mainly Israeli, freelancer is Australian... But I think others like Upwork don't take tax despite being American. Different rules I guess.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Aida13: 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
OK so... I'm a firm believer in give and take, and was really hoping there's be some interaction here since we're all aiming for the same upward path... So anyway here's the thing... I'm reaching out to those who may require aid with their book cover design, editing or formatting (ebooks only not comics or illustrated novels). I'll be happy to do what I can on a barter basis. Really hoping to hear from a few interested folks.. As I noticed you basically get ignored here if you are new or an unfamiliar person.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
twosquare:
Well, that's a rip-off oo.. Actually, why is the freelancing world so different. No tax of 30%....oh,I forgot, most of them are not even American companies... Fiverr I think is mainly Israeli, freelancer is Australian... But I think others like Upwork don't take tax despite being American. Different rules I guess.

I guess so too.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 6:47am On Jan 20, 2016
Good morning guys. I want to seek your permission to go off topic.

You have all become like my family over time and I want to use this medium to advertise a little grin . I have a blog that deals with promoting women's issues. The link is at my signature. Do check it out and drop your comments on any topics that interest you. God bless you as you do so kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2016
twosquare:
Let me understand because if my calculation is what actually I'm thinking, then it's a rip-off. That means Uncle Sam as a whole (30% for Amazon, another 30% for Tax) = 60% of your revenue. Total sales is $100. So, I will most likely have $40 as take home. Right? Mk82
twosquare:
Your calculation is not correct.
From $100 sales, Amazon takes 30% for providing the platform for publishing your books. Now you have $70 left.
The USA government will tax the $70 at 30% which is $21. That means your take home is $49 not $40 as you calculated.
As I said earlier, take your mind off the taxed amount and work to increased your income. Very soon, you will not remember the tax. People pay up to 40% tax in the USA and they are still multimillionaires.
Freelance work is not better just because they don't collect tax. I did it for a few years - it's pure slave labor. You only get paid once and then you have to work again and again. There is no rest.
In contrast, online publishing gives residual income.
When you publish a book on Amazon, you are paid over and over as long as it sells. It's like building a rental apartment and tenants pay you for life.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:34am On Jan 20, 2016
mk82:

Your calculation is not correct.
From $100 sales, Amazon takes 30% for providing the platform for publishing your books. Now you have $70 left.
The USA government will tax the $70 at 30% which is $21. That means your take home is $49 not $40 as you calculated.
As I said earlier, take your mind off the taxed amount and work to increased your income. Very soon, you will not remember the tax. People pay up to 40% tax in the USA and they are still multimillionaires.
Freelance work is not better just because they don't collect tax. I did it for a few years - it's pure slave labor. You only get paid once and then you have to work again and again. There is no rest.
In contrast, online publishing gives residual income.
When you publish a book on Amazon, you are paid over and over as long as it sells. It's like building a rental apartment and tenants pay you for life.

Nice analysis sir, but $49 and $40 aren't too far from each other oh - lol. Passive income is better and rewarding than active income.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by meetmal03(f): 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ranson(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hi mk82, Please I want to be sure if the international payment option on D2D meant I can receive money directly in my Nigerian Bank Account. Again, on D2D, will the auto system generate a paperback for my books or I will have to provide one?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
ranson:
Hi mk82, Please I want to be sure if the international payment option on D2D meant I can receive money directly in my Nigerian Bank Account. Again, on D2D, will the auto system generate a paperback for my books or I will have to provide one?
I haven't explored the international payment option. I receive payment through my payoneer USA bank account. You could contact them to find out.
Yes, D2D can publish physical books for you to Createspace. I don't use that option because I can do it by myself directly on createspace without a middleman. They will charge a little percentage for the service and I may not like the formating style they use.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by girlfromafrica: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
Aida13:
Hello to the gurus in the house. First off big ups to the posters @CPriest @MK82 and Co. you guys should know you are an inspiration.

I first got the idea to publish on one of such threads with advice from you lot. That was almost a year ago and after 2-3 years ghostwriting a few trillion words for clients ^^' I finally got out my own work on Amazon.

It's barely 48 hours live, just want to thank God and also commend Nairalanders for bringing ideas to the populace. If you would like to check out my fiction novel (Black woman white man romance BWWM) then do check the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHBWB44

I'm looking for reviewers so let me know if you're interested.

I can address any questions on Kindle publishing, cover design and formatting if you have a particular issue.

Oh and here's the blog to start on publicizing the book:

https://angellmayabooks.

Thanks again house!!

Very Nice Cover

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Aida13: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2016
girlfromafrica:

Very Nice Cover

Thanks! I did everything myself - cover, editing and formatting...wasn't easy but it cuts costs lol. Glad you think it looks ok.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ranson(m): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
Can I publish a book on Amazon and D2D concurrently?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jossypius(m): 7:09am On Jan 27, 2016
@MK2 and other gurus, I have a problem. I published a book on Amazon and it sold for up to 37.4 dollars and it also sold for 1.55 pound in the UK market. However, I checked my account and saw what remained was 18 dollars. I thought that they taxed it. But on login to my account today, I saw that my royalty was 2.77 dollars. What has happened? Can someone explain it to me? Or should I call Amazon customare care. I don't know what kind of taxation that they did, that they whole money finished from my account.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2016
jossypius:
I published a book on Amazon and it sold for up to 37.4 dollars and it also sold for 1.55 pound in the UK market. However, I checked my account and saw what remained was 18 dollars. I thought that they taxed it. But on login to my account today, I saw that my royalty was 2.77 dollars. What has happened? Can someone explain it to me? Or should I call Amazon customare care. I don't know what kind of taxation that they did, that they whole money finished from my account.
check the "payments" tab...click on it to see how much they will be paying you....because the maximum they will deduct for tax is 30% so 30% of your 37.4$ should be around 12$......and you should be left with at least 23$.....
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
@mk82 long time... good to know this thread is still doing great. i want to publish my old kindle books on draft2digital. Please is d2d formatting the same with kindle? or should i submit the files for my createspace store to d2d?

secondly, i filled in my account details and tax info on d2d but i got a 500 error msg which has persisted for 2 days now; could it be because i'm yet to publish a title on d2d?

lastly, must files uploaded to d2d be very original? like plagiarism free

i anticipate your prompt response boss.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
juwoonn:
@mk82 long time... good to know this thread is still doing great. i want to publish my old kindle books on draft2digital. Please is d2d formatting the same with kindle? or should i submit the files for my createspace store to d2d?

secondly, i filled in my account details and tax info on d2d but i got a 500 error msg which has persisted for 2 days now; could it be because i'm yet to publish a title on d2d?

i anticipate your prompt response boss.
How're you doing Juwoonn?
To publish on D2D, simply upload the same MS Word files (and cover) you used for kindle. No further formating required.
The 500 error problem may be from the browser. Try using another browser. Also, are you using a browsing hack? Tor browser, psiphon etc can cause such issues.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
mk82:

How're you doing Juwoonn?
To publish on D2D, simply upload the same MS Word files (and cover) you used for kindle. No further formating required.
The 500 error problem may be from the browser. Try using another browser. Also, are you using a browsing hack? Tor browser, psiphon etc can cause such issues.
Thanks a lot bro..I appreciate ur swift response.

I used mozila firefox but I'll change to internet explorer..I don't use any browsing hack.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kdcextra(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2016
This forum is quite a good one and it's heart warming to see people help each other to succeed!

@mk82 God bless you tremendously! Please is this business still lucrative seeing this post started in 2013? Though more book are published daily but in your opinion, can someone still make a good profit monthly based on the lessons learnt from this forum? God bless you all!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
kdcextra:
This forum is quite a good one and it's heart warming to see people help each other to succeed!

@mk82 God bless you tremendously! Please is this business still lucrative seeing this post started in 2013? Though more book are published daily but in your opinion, can someone still make a good profit monthly based on the lessons learnt from this forum? God bless you all!
Online publishing (Kindle and other channels) is even more profitable now. What has changed is the "quality barrier" for getting to the top of the market. Now, you need better quality books if you want to make good sales. If you can provide the current quality demanded by buyers, they will flock to your books and you will make a lot of money.
That is what we do!

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AmazonKindle: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
I wrote the book "The mindset that succeed by Emma Emerhana" am yet to get review or sales can you look at the cover if I should recreate it.......I used canva.com online book cover to crest the book
OnlineResources, nice cover. Please try to apply web-copy skills when choosing a title. Your cover would have been more boosted if you had use a sub-heading... Like

Water Melon Health Secrets
...20 Best Kept Ways To Boost Your Health.

...What Your Doctor Wished You Never Know.

...35 Ways To Boost Your Health

...As Seen On TV- DR.(name) Reveals!

Hope you get the drift? wink
Copy Sells The Product Friends. Apply Words That Sells By Joe Sugaman and their likes.

Sorry Guys, I don't do IM no more, except in the future and as a hobby!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by meetmal03(f): 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
hello my brothers and sisters..i believe we're all progressing in this business.

@mk82..honestly your help here is priceless.

It pains me so much to see that the CBN is cheating us with their official rate. I feel cheated when i withdraw with my payonner card at the rate of N197 per dollar and i sell my neteller(gamble) funds to exchangers at N280 per dollar the same day. Obviously we are being cheated by the system.

Oga mk82 is there any Payoneer exchanger in Nigeria? I believe the exchangers buys and sell at unofficial rates which are apparently higher.

I'm still your loyal student.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:24am On Feb 03, 2016
juwoonn:
hello my brothers and sisters..i believe we're all progressing in this business.

@mk82..honestly your help here is priceless.

It pains me so much to see that the CBN is cheating us with their official rate. I feel cheated when i withdraw with my payonner card at the rate of N197 per dollar and i sell my neteller(gamble) funds to exchangers at N280 per dollar the same day. Obviously we are being cheated by the system.

Oga mk82 is there any Payoneer exchanger in Nigeria? I believe the exchangers buys and sell at unofficial rates which are apparently higher.

I'm still your loyal student.
Someone told me there are now payoneer exchangers on nairaland. She exchanged for N205 to $1. Maybe there will be others that can offer better rates. I am still withdrawing at N186 because I haven't found a better way to get an amount close to street value. Again, one has to consider the issue of trust.
If you know someone who has payoneer account in the USA or Europe, you can transfer your funds to them
They will then withdraw and send foreign currency to you which you can sell in black market.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2016
mk82:

Someone told me there are now payoneer exchangers on nairaland. She exchanged for N205 to $1. Maybe there will be others that can offer better rates. I am still withdrawing at N186 because I haven't found a better way to get an amount close to street value. Again, one has to consider the issue of trust.
If you know someone who has payoneer account in the USA or Europe, you can transfer your funds to them
They will then withdraw and send foreign currency to you which you can sell in black market.
Ok boss..

205 to 197..The difference is little to risk my hard-earned cash.

I'll keep my eyes wide open for better opportunities sir.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by encrypt(m): 9:51am On Feb 03, 2016
juwoonn:

Ok boss..

205 to 197..The difference is little to risk my hard-earned cash.

I'll keep my eyes wide open for better opportunities sir.
Contact meetmal she's got the best rate so far 240 according to her last post...find reviews on her thread she left a comment above.
No I am not an affiliate or her promoter.
Have fun!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2016
encrypt:

Contact meetmal she's got the best rate so far 240 according to her last post...find reviews on her thread she left a comment above.
No I am not an affiliate or her promoter.
Have fun!
Thanks bro..i will research about her.

No testimonials, no patronage.

half bread is better than none.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
For your articles, I am a writer on fiverr with enough experience to write a unique, well researched content for you. Send me a message for my link.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Danblaze24(m): 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dis my email am a good writer and ready to pay for the tricks invol....balogundaniel3@gmail.com
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Danblaze24(m): 1:28am On Feb 05, 2016
I have gone throug all the post on this threed n am impressed thanks to whosoever created the topic may God bless.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.