Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414445 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Jbrain88: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
henrimoto: ohohh o...! thank you nwanna. i have learnt this one from you.
,BRo,i want to start it too but how do i go about it.thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Jbrain88: ,BRo,i want to start it too but how do i go about it.thanks
What do you want to start ? Writing a book?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by one9jeria: 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
a little clarification on formating of your book. let us ms word for instance, what is the font size (12, or 14)?
2. what is the spacing like (double or single or 1.5)
3. what type of paragraphing do you need. thanks

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
@mk82, do you upload your book cover differently from your book or you design your book cover into your book.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
1)Please I need more clarification on the payment mode? After going through the payoneer site what next?

2)After creating book covers, can I take a clear snapshot of the book cover from let's say corel draw and paste it as the first page of my written ms word book?

Waiting for reply, thanks guys...
Guess it's high time my Imagination fetched me some legitimate cash.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
one9jeria: a little clarification on formating of your book. let us ms word for instance, what is the font size (12, or 14)?
2. what is the spacing like (double or single or 1.5)
3. what type of paragraphing do you need. thanks
1. font size 12
2. use default MS Word spacing.
3. Don't indent your paragraphs. use left justify. Leave one line between paragraphs. To test, copy a portion of
d writeup n paste it in notepad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
Bestlyf: @mk82, do you upload your book cover differently from your book or you design your book cover into your book.
D book cover is a separate file n it is uploaded separately.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
mk82:

Sire, sorry for the beginners question, so do we upload the book cover 1st, then the book contents as follows or vice-versa in the same upload section?

And also, what if we upload 2 books at a time obviously with 2 covers and 2 ms word docs, I think kindle would arrange it properly (hope I'm right)?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Sire, sorry for the beginners question, so do we upload the book cover 1st, then the book contents as follows or vice-versa in the same upload section?

And also, what if we upload 2 books at a time obviously with 2 covers and 2 ms word docs, I think kindle would arrange it properly (hope I'm right)?
Go to ur bookshelf n click on Add new title. You will see where to do everything u have been asking.
When u are through with the first book, go and click Add new title again to upload the next one.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
mk82:
thanks. Just through with my first book to test the waters. Its not easy for me to write a non fiction book o. However, thanks for the inspiration @mk82
One more question. Is there a need for an All right reserve page in my book?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by adino(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
mk82:

@MK82
you amaze me with your prompt response and willingness to assist,guide and help others. I am truly amazed despite your tight schedule you could still be this helpful. May God Bless, reward and multiply your strength, wisdom and knowledge and also increase your wealth. AMEN!

12 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
No body don adress the Isuue of payments oooo. Hafa?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Bestlyf: thanks. Just through with my first book to test the waters. Its not easy for me to write a non fiction book o. However, thanks for the inspiration @mk82
One more question. Is there a need for an All right reserve page in my book?
Congrats
- I always include a short copyright page.It makes the book to look more "serious". smiley

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
adino:

@MK82
you amaze me with your prompt response and willingness to assist,guide and help others. I am truly amazed despite your tight schedule you could still be this helpful. May God Bless, reward and multiply your strength, wisdom and knowledge and also increase your wealth. AMEN!
Thanks and a big AMEN! grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Opengates(m): 3:43am On Nov 23, 2013
@mk82: For taking this upon yourself and your promptness in addressing people's questions, it shows the reason why you are such a way blessed and I pray this is the beginning of real success in your life which shall know no bound in Jesus name, Amen. Keep it up and don't be discouraged.

To my question, the issue of payments, when exactly do they pay after one has reached the payment threshold either by ETF or Check? I mean the duration and when one will receive his payment? Please explain clearly. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Opengates(m): 3:52am On Nov 23, 2013
akpan aniefiok:
1.how do i download kindle software on my pc?

I just discovered this by accident, haven't been able to download it successfully because of poor internet connection though but you can use the link to download the previewer to your PC.

https://kindlepreviewer.s3.amazonaws.com/KindlePreviewerInstall.exe

God's favour.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Opengates: @mk82: For taking this upon yourself and your promptness in addressing people's questions, it shows the reason why you are such a way blessed and I pray this is the beginning of real success in your life which shall know no bound in Jesus name, Amen. Keep it up and don't be discouraged.

To my question, the issue of payments, when exactly do they pay after one has reached the payment threshold either by ETF or Check? I mean the duration and when one will receive his payment? Please explain clearly. Thanks

KDP PAYMENTS
You will be paid 60 days after you reach the payment threshold according to d payment mode dat u choose (check or EFT).
Example if u reach d minimum payment in February, u will be paid end of April. The only lag time is when you are just starting. After ur first 60 days with KDP, u will continue to receive monthly payments as long as you can cross minimum payment level each month. Jan money is paid in March, Feb paid in April,April paid in June etc.

If you are receiving EFT, you will get a Remittance Advice in ur email once your payment is ready each month. for dis November, payment is on d 29th. Remittance Advice is not sent to those that are receiving checks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 9:37am On Nov 23, 2013
mk82:

KDP PAYMENTS
You will be paid 60 days after you reach the payment threshold according to d payment mode dat u choose (check or EFT).
Example if u reach d minimum payment in February, u will be paid end of April. The only lag time is when you are just starting. After ur first 60 days with KDP, u will continue to receive monthly payments as long as you can cross minimum payment level each month. Jan money is paid in March, Feb paid in April,April paid in June etc.

If you are receiving EFT, you will get a Remittance Advice in ur email once your payment is ready each month. for dis November, payment is on d 29th. Remittance Advice is not sent to those that are receiving checks.
which payment mode do you advice, check or EFT?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by akpananiefiok(m): 10:04am On Nov 23, 2013
Opengates:

I just discovered this by accident, haven't been able to download it successfully because of poor internet connection though but you can use the link to download the previewer to your PC.

https://kindlepreviewer.s3.amazonaws.com/KindlePreviewerInstall.exe
thanx guy

God's favour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
Bestlyf: which payment mode do you advice, check or EFT?
EFT is the best. You get monthly notifications n there's no risk of ur check being lost in the post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
@OP, please can I write in docx format? Is it advisable?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
@OP, please can I write in docx format? Is it advisable?
Yes. Write in docx format but save as doc format (Word 97-2003) b4 uploading to Amazon.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
mk82:
Yes. Write in docx format but save as doc format (Word 97-2003) b4 uploading to Amazon.

Thanks Bro.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by one9jeria: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
ETF as a payment mode. what is it. can you receive your money in Nigeria if you use it as a payment mode. and how do you clear it in Nigeria is it through dom account like that of check,
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
one9jeria: ETF as a payment mode. what is it. can you receive your money in Nigeria if you use it as a payment mode. and how do you clear it in Nigeria is it through dom account like that of check,
EFT - electronic fund transfer is for publishers with American or European bank accounts or other accepted countries. It means your royalty is sent directly into ur bank account. Nigerian banks are not accepted.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2013
mk82:
EFT - electronic fund transfer is for publishers with American or European bank accounts or other accepted countries. It means your royalty is sent directly into ur bank account. Nigerian banks are not accepted.

One way you can get around this is to get the payoneer.com card

I have a US card (not payoneer) which I use online to get all my earnings just like those in America and Europe.
It is what I have added now to my Kindle Account. The only thing left is to make the money grin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dombible(m): 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
hamlak:

One way you can get around this is to get the payoneer.com card

I have a US card (not payoneer) which I use online to get all my earnings just like those in America and Europe.
It is what I have added now to my Kindle Account. The only thing left is to make the money grin.
Master do you mean i can not use my dom acct to receive transfer payment?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
dombible: Master do you mean i can not use my dom acct to receive transfer payment?

You will be paid via check. you can then pay the check into your dom account. however, the process is slow so you may want to look into payoneer or graphcard.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
einstein_e:

You will be paid via check. you can then pay the check into your dom account. however, the process is slow so you may want to look into payoneer or graphcard.
Payoneer will solve your Amazon payment problem. Visit their website to get details.
I don't think Graphcard can be used for amazon payments because your name has to be on the check.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
hamlak:

How do you withdraw your money after you recieved payment with your graphcard?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
mk82:
Payoneer will solve your Amazon payment problem. Visit their website to get details.
I don't think Graphcard can be used for amazon payments because your name has to be on the check.
Post office is messing me up big time. I have applied for payoneer twice over 4 months now and I recieved none of them. Can I go ahead to upload my books and sort out payment details later?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
Bestlyf: Post office is messing me up big time. I have applied for payoneer twice over 4 months now and I recieved none of them. Can I go ahead to upload my books and sort out payment details later?

Upload ur books immediately!
Payoneer card's arrival to Nigeria is 1-5 months because of our ancient postal system. All d cards u applied for will still come.
If ur books sell, ur money will accumulate with time n amazon will pay into ur payoneer account.You can then use $60 to order a new card thru DHL (if u can not wait any longer).
That is what I did.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.