Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414347 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
dombible: Master Mk82? I really thank you for your positive spirit to make people successful,please sir,my own question is that,what about people like me who does not have writting ability and want to be part of this wat ur advice sir?i really need ur help in advices thank u.
If you can't write, you can find people to write for you on freelance websites like elance n odesk. I am a good writer but I also outsource books because I can't do all d work by myself.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dombible(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
mk82:
If you can't write, you can find people to write for you on freelance websites like elance n odesk. I am a good writer but I also outsource books because I can't do all d work by myself.
ok,but does it matter's if i gather some good info together do some edit on them wat about that sir?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
dombible: ok,but does it matter's if i gather some good info together do some edit on them wat about that sir?
That means you are writing d book by yourself.
Check page 5 for what I wrote on "HOW TO AVOID PLAGIARISM".
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dombible(m): 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2013
mk82:
That means you are writing d book by yourself.
Check page 5 for what I wrote on "HOW TO AVOID PLAGIARISM".
oh...thank you master.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
@mk82, what's the probability of a motivational book selling on kindle?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Bestlyf: @mk82, what's the probability of a motivational book selling on kindle?
The ordinary motivational book will not sell. I mean the type that is only about encouraging people. People are tired of being encouraged. What they want are solutions to their problems.
Go to amazon bestsellers,click on kindle then kindle ebooks.select d self help category and check the types of self-help books that are selling.

8 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
mk82:
The ordinary motivational book will not sell. I mean the type that is only about encouraging people. People are tired of being encouraged. What they want are solutions to their problems.
Go to amazon bestsellers,click on kindle then kindle ebooks.select d self help category and check the types of self-help books that are selling.

Thanks. I just wanted to do something unique along the lines of fiction and non-fiction combine in one. Just an idea anyway. Will check the self help category now. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
@mk82..good evening prof. hope your weekend went well. we thank the lord. for example, i have an ebook in ms word, not yet formatted. can i re-adjust the ebook by adding page breaker, title headings, subtitle headings, paragraph setting etc, etc... all formatting thinz. ? Or do i need to start re-writing the ebook from the beginning again in a formatting setting ??
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 7:01am On Nov 18, 2013
henrimoto: @mk82..good evening prof. hope your weekend went well. we thank the lord. for example, i have an ebook in ms word, not yet formatted. can i re-adjust the ebook by adding page breaker, title headings, subtitle headings, paragraph setting etc, etc... all formatting thinz. ? Or do i need to start re-writing the ebook from the beginning again in a formatting setting ??
Formatting is the last thing you do after writing and editing your book in MS word.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 9:02am On Nov 18, 2013
@mk82,
good day, been busy with some things thats why have not been able to update the progress of work.
i did the kdp select and ran the promotion for 2 days
but when i check the report on sunday under promotion, it was saying 'no promotion

Also i check out the page of my book using the keyword.
typing the keyword on amazon and searching through it, i found my kindle on number 4
second keyword and my book was found on page 7
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by suxes2005(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2013
mk82:
Kay29000 I love your spirit. If you follow me closely, your next five books will surely give you more than $100.
I am putting up 10 books btw November to December and I am expecting more than $1000 from their immediate sales and more from residual sales afterward.

10 fucking books? Cool man. Keep up at it bro.

The last promotion I did was the worst of my kindle
book publishing. Dunno why.

Funny enough, it was the first time I'll be posting
the books on free kindle sites, facebook and twitter ish.

Just one sale per day each book. This thing is funny to me at times.
The book with just 27 pages without any good information like that is now
making much more than I expected..

@all, make sure you do your best to write a very good book like the
op has been suggesting.

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:41am On Nov 18, 2013
onlineresource: @mk82,
good day, been busy with some things thats why have not been able to update the progress of work.
i did the kdp select and ran the promotion for 2 days
but when i check the report on sunday under promotion, it was saying 'no promotion

Also i check out the page of my book using the keyword.
typing the keyword on amazon and searching through it, i found my kindle on number 4
second keyword and my book was found on page 7
To check your sales n promotion downloads, click on reports on your dashboard then select "Month-to-Date Unit Sales". You'll see each book's performance for separate market places.

You are seeing no promotion probably because d promo had ended. Promotions start 8am Nigerian time on d chosen date and run for 24 hours. Eg, a 2 day promotion starts 8am Monday will end 8am Wednesday.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2013
suxes2005:

10 fucking books? Cool man. Keep up at it bro.

The last promotion I did was the worst of my kindle
book publishing. Dunno why.

Funny enough, it was the first time I'll be posting
the books on free kindle sites, facebook and twitter ish.

Just one sale per day each book. This thing is funny to me at times.
The book with just 27 pages without any good information like that is now
making much more than I expected..

@all, make sure you do your best to write a very good book like the
op has been suggesting.

SHALOM
Yes ten books. The first one is up over the weekend and has sold more than 50 copies as of this morning (it's in hot new release in two subcategories). I'm uploading the next one today. 3 are being written by freelancers n I'm doing anoda by myself.
Tip: sales rise November to February and there will be bonus from KDP select dat is why I'm rushing.

Read dat your 27 page book again.There must be something in it for people to b buying it.It has happened to me before. We learn from success,failure n mistakes in this biz.

Promotion will not work for some books. especially if it is in a generally category. this happened to most of the fiction books I published. but when I publish a book in a narrowed down nonfiction niche, it's always blast.I've had more than 2000 downloads in one day.

I think free kindle book sites are overrated. I've since stopped using them. I haven't seen much difference in my free promos.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by givadmission: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
Let Me Design A Professional Cover For You and Make your Kindle Book Stand Out

You Know what Sells a book is not the Content But the Cover. Get the Best Cover For your Kindle Ebook With Just N1,5ook I would Design an Eye catching Cover For You in 24Hrs

Let ME Research The Best Niches on Kindle and Make you a Bestseller in 24hrs

The Problem With Writing an Ebook is not Knowing What to Sell, Watch as I do an Indepth Research and Produce the Best Niches you can Write Book on and Make money, with Jusk a Token of N1,500, which would be for my internet Subscription and Packaging the Data. Don't Miss this Opportunity to Make your Ebook Rank Better and Have the Best Seller on the Kindle Store.

*Below is an attachment of the Best Niches on Self-help Which you can Take advantage of now and Make a killing*

Contact Me Now: 08103052525

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
mk82:
To check your sales n promotion downloads, click on reports on your dashboard then select "Month-to-Date Unit Sales". You'll see each book's performance for separate market places.

You are seeing no promotion probably because d promo had ended. Promotions start 8am Nigerian time on d chosen date and run for 24 hours. Eg, a 2 day promotion starts 8am Monday will end 8am Wednesday.

It performed woefully, just had about 32 downloads... sad sad sad

will work more in another niche to create more books and upload...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
onlineresource:

Eeya, just work on ur research properly. You'll soon find a keyword dat will sell.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
onlineresource:

weldone bro! don't relent. your efforts will soon pay you well.. pls... give us the link to the kindle ebook.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by danedwards: 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
To succeed in Kindle publishing, you must first research on what subject areas kindle buyers are really interested in, otherwise you might just be wasting your time and energy.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Smyblueboy(m): 12:35am On Nov 19, 2013
Hi.. Its me again ... I tried uploading ma book n i didnt see any place 2 put d promotion dat ... I mean like hw can i do dat pls is it possible 4 me to set d days of promotion after publishing ? Pls help
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2013
Smyblueboy: Hi.. Its me again ... I tried uploading ma book n i didnt see any place 2 put d promotion dat ... I mean like hw can i do dat pls is it possible 4 me to set d days of promotion after publishing ? Pls help
Make sure d book is enrolled for KDP select.You can enroll when you are uploading or after.
Promotion is set after d book is published. Go to your bookshelf. Click on manage benefits at the right end of the book. On d benefits page there are two options - kindle countdown deal n Free Book Promotion. Choose Free Book Promotion n set d dates dat you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Smyblueboy(m): 10:09am On Nov 19, 2013
Tnx alot bro. one last question any1 can help pls.. Where do i put author's name is it after d Title ?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Smyblueboy: Tnx alot bro. one last question any1 can help pls.. Where do i put author's name is it after d Title ?
When you are uploading d book, u will see "add contributors". On the book cover, u can put author name wherever u like.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2013
henrimoto: weldone bro! don't relent. your efforts will soon pay you well.. pls... give us the link to the kindle ebook.

Here is the link...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GNJSFFE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1384857026&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Currently doing a research on the 2 next kindle I want to publish again...
I don't give u that easily.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
@mk82, How do I get my book to rank in the first page of kindle books? I believe the books on first page would do better in times of visibility and sales.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jerrymania(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
onlineresource:

Here is the link...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GNJSFFE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1384857026&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Currently doing a research on the 2 next kindle I want to publish again...
I don't give u that easily.... smiley

are you re-writing plr?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
I just dey laugh.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bestlyf: @mk82, How do I get my book to rank in the first page of kindle books? I believe the books on first page would do better in times of visibility and sales.
Books are ranked according to Amazon Sales Rank. Now this can be real sales or free downloads (during free promotions). If ur book is selling well, it will naturally appear on d first page of bestsellers in its category.
The other way to get your book on the first page is to have a successful free promotion.
On the bestsellers' page, paid books are displayed alongside free books. This means if you have a lot of free promo downloads, d book will appear alongside other bestsellers under paid.
This exposure will translate to sales for you when d free promo ends.

Example. I did a free promo for a new book over the weekend. It had over 2400 downloads in 2 days n rose to number 1 in 2 subcategories. It also rose up to #86 free in Kindle store. D promo ended 2 days ago n it has sold almost 80 copies.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by one9jeria: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
i will first of all thank you for this costly info you are giving away free of charge. however, i would like you to tell us something more about the cliche that sells more. you dont need to be specific just categorize it please. you talked about recipes what other ones. CLICHE is the KEY please educate us more on this.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by one9jeria: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
more questions. how do you do amazon keyword search for a potential hot sell cliche

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 12:51am On Nov 20, 2013
@one9jeria...he mentioned relationship matters and health. below is answer to one of your question.. i will advise you take your time to read back pages.we 've not gone far.
mk82:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.