Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. (43575 Views)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) / Love-life On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by obinoral(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2013
ZUBY77: ^
Working on it now. Try to clear your cache and register again.
still not going....... Pleaes let dem do something about it.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by future2future(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hey zuby,dis is ur first story I will following ryt from d beginning,God so help 2 d end 2.I really want 2 commend u,more ink 2 ur pen!
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by oladimeji101(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
future2future: Hey zuby,dis is ur first story I will following ryt from d beginning,God so help 2 d end 2.I really want 2 commend u,more ink 2 ur pen!
huh? shocked
Bro ur grammatical blunder might make zuby stop updating his wonderful story. Easy does it
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Zakkyoz: 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wonderful job. I've been trying to follow you through your blog but i was denied access despite my registration
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Sorry, registration will be disabled until we fix this problem.

2 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by oladimeji101(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
ZUBY77: Sorry, registration will be disabled until we fix this problem.
Looks like av done it,the thing is that the password I entered wasn't up to 8 buh when I entered it up to 8,it welcomed me and took me to last chapter. Not sure tho maybe untill I can get tomao murn update directly. But the problem there is it didn't notify one if the password isn't up to 8characters,it just keep takin u back to registration page. Maybe that's why a lot of pple have been getting it wrong . U should look into it tho and other should try register again and make sure their password is up or more than 8
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
Chapter 10: The first deal.
One day, i heard a rumour that
some group were moving some
drugs to Vienna Austria. I inquired
and found them. After
negotiations, they told me how
much i would pay for the
transportation. I made initial
marks on my ten balls and gave
them. The drugs got to Vienna the
following evening. It wasn’t
swallowed. The group used
vehicles to transport the stuff
around Europe. I didn’t know how
or where they hid the drugs inside
the vehicle but it would be too
much to ask them.
Friday, my contact got the drugs
in Austria quite alright. He
promised to sell and return the
money to me in one week. I
waited patiently. The total money i
was supposed to get from him
was €3000. I waited eagerly.
The cocaine business has started.
Every human being was created
and wired differently.
Every human being was good at
different things. We called it
‘talent’ in English Language. It was
the same for business. Everybody
had a kind of business he or she
was good at. Business was no
talent. Anything that required luck
to excel was no talent. Talent
required no luck. Talent was what
you could do even if you were
woken from the sleep.
People which made you laugh all
the time were talented jokers
whether they made money out of
it or not. Equal talented
comedians could never have the
same amount of money, never.
Life itself was all about what
makes you happy.
I, Ozoigbondu liked the kinds of
businesses where i would
negotiate directly and be in
control but the kind of business i
met in Amsterdam was far
different from that. Back in
Brandenburg and Berlin, i
negotiated with the sellers and
buyers directly. I bargained and
knew when to concede.
But there at the beginning of the
business in Holland, i had bought
some stuffs with my money. I had
paid cash. Then i had packaged
and sent it out to someone who
lived in another country where i
was not even allowed to enter.
That and the other related issues
went through my mind as i waited
for Friday to return my money. I
also thought about what was
going to happen if he returned the
money. I was definitely supposed
to package more goods and send
to him with my money again. That
was no business in my own
understanding. It was just one
massive risky venture that
required trust to thrive.
Ahhh! I hated trust. Everyone
around me knew that. It was only
the people whom you trusted that
can disappoint you. I hardly got
disappointed with misdeeds done
by people i didn’t trust at all. I
always liked to be close to the
people i dealt with. It gave me
easy access for revenge and
corrections. But with my money in
far away Austria, there was
nothing i could do if Friday chose
to steal the money, and that was
exactly what happened.
A week after i sent out the goods,
I called Friday and asked for the
money. He asked for the name in
my Passport and promised to
send it the following day.
However, the following day, he
sent me a Western Union Pin
Number. When i got to Western
Union, the guy had sent only
€1000.
Out of anger, i called him.
”Guy, why only €1K” i had said.
He rambled about how business
was bad and how he would send
the rest when he sold the goods.
There and then, i knew that the
deal had been closed.
People suffered in Europe. They
looked for opportunities to steal
other people’s money. The lazy
thieves would wait for your money
to get to them, then they would
do whatever they liked with it. It
was the ambitious ones who
would return your money at the
soonest possible time so that you
could send them more goods.
On the other hands, the ambitious
ones would also wait until your
money in their hands becomes
huge, then they would cook up
one lie or the other to make sure
you loose the money. Some
dealers in Amsterdam had devised
a plan to make their marketers
outside Holland to involve their
own monies in the deals. It had
worked for some but the bottom
line was that people still found
way to steal money.
During my idle moments with
Dozie in his apartment, Jennifer
had been calling. She had claimed
that she didn’t need my money
but only wanted to know how i
was doing in Amsterdam. I had
told her plainly that i had not
started anything and that meant
that i had no money for her.
After receiving the €1000, i had
approached Mike. Our house rent
was due and it was obvious to me
that he had no money. The
Ghanaian Landlord had been
calling him. As a result, i gave him
€800 to pay for the apartment but
told him that i borrowed it from
Robin. I had also told him to
refund €400 when he had money. I
loved what i did with the rent. It
had given me some levels of
freedom. I hated free meals. I was
an able bodied young man who
shouldn’t depend on anybody.
As it stood, i had no more money
in Amsterdam. I was left with just
€200. I was most tempted to call
money from Nigeria but i recalled
that i survived without money in
Germany. I had decided to hustle
without money.
At that stage, i had mastered the
routes in Bijlmer. I had also
gotten some phone numbers of
people who dealt in large
quantities. People who had
contacts in South America and
west Africa. They were the people
who brought the raw stuff into
town and distributed to the small
dealers who would in turn, mix it
with Ntugwa and export to the
neighbouring countries.
I started sourcing for raw stuffs
and selling to people who needed
them. I would first make calls to
some people in the morning and
tell them that i had some raw
stuff. If they needed, they would
ask me to get it. I would then go
to people who had raw stuff and
cook what they had. If their stuffs
was what i wanted, i would take
some and go to those who needed
them. Sometimes, i would sell and
other times, i would return the
drugs to the owners without
selling anything.
After a month of such method, i
raised and saved up to €3000.
I didn’t want to send it home
since it was nowhere near what i
used to make in Berlin. It was
time to buy stuff and send out of
Holland again. Ozoigbondu made
that silly mistake again.
” Promises mean everything, but after they are broken, sorry means nothing.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by enohbong: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Mmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by plainmirror(m): 12:08am On Nov 08, 2013
ZUBY77:

The official price is about €500 but you will end up paying €800.
Am confused pls
€800 = N168,800
At N211 per €

Bigx on †нэ oda hand said it would cost 20k
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 12:29am On Nov 08, 2013
plainmirror:
Am confused pls
€800 = N168,800
At N211 per €

Bigx on †нэ oda hand said it would cost 20k

Bigx was talking about doing it in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2013
Chapter 11:

I saved up some money and bought some more drugs. Mike had planned to send some drugs to Germany. For some reasons, i decided to add some things of my own. We had purchased and prepared the goods as usual, then we sent it to Germany.
We had sent it to some guy in Hamburg whom Mike claimed to have known. The entire business was master minded, organized and prosecuted by Mike. I didn’t know the man in Hamburg. All that Mike told me was to trust and pray.

Trust who and pray for what?
Those bigots and confused individuals never ceased to amaze me.
Why exactly should i pray?
The big great book made it clear that what we blessed or cursed on Earth was the Same in the Christian Heaven. As a Christian, wasn’t it hypocritical and silly to pray for the success of a cocaine deal? Cocaine was something the law of the land condemned and outlawed. Cocaine was probably outlawed up there in the sky paradise according to the book.
Any business you did and kept praying was never a good business. I was a drug dealer. I didn’t need to pray after sending my goods to some guy in Germany or anywhere else. If i was required to do anything, it was only to trust and hope. I hated trust and what it stood for. Trust and Betrayal were like husband and wife that could never be separated. I was sure that if we managed to get our money from Hamburg, we were going to package more goods and send it back to the guy over there. Then we would continue praying and trusting until of course, the day he would either decide to seize the whole money and change his phone number. As soon as he changed his phone number, everything would just collapse and end. The whole money would be gone. The worst part of the whole silly business was that we can’t just travel to Hamburg to get our money. There were chances that we won’t see him if we got there, there were also chances that we won’t do anything if we wee him. Hamburg was in Europe, not Nigeria or Africa where i could take laws into my hands. We were also dealing with outlawed drugs which we can’t talk to the police about.

Well, there was nothing else to do then if i expected to make some reasonable money. I had to agree to the Hamburg deal out of nothing else to do.

That was how we sent our drugs to Hamburg. As usual, Mr Hamburg promised to return our money in one week. There was nothing else to do except wait and pray. And praying we did until the end of the one week.

”Patrick’s number is not connecting again” Mike announced while playing Formula 1 with me on the playstation 2 machine. I had watched him dialing numbers several times on his phone. He had hissed after each attempt. I had suspected that some kind of bad news was coming. As a result, i had fortified my nerves and mind to be able to receive whatever story i was going to be told about the Hamburg deal.

”Which Patrick” i asked, pretending not to know what he was taking about.

”The one we sent the stuff to last week” Mike said.

”Maybe

His battery is dead” i said, just for the sake of saying something.
Phone batteries didn’t die easily in Europe. In fact, through out my previous stay in Europe, my phone battery never died. There was all-time electricity.

”Did you talk to him since we sent the package to him” i asked.
He said he talked to him once.

The worst part of the drug business was that you can’t even trust your partner. No, you can’t. Money had a way of corrupting good people.

As we sat and played our game, i thought about how long it took me to raise that small capital that was sent to Hamburg. If anything happened to the money, it would mean starting all over again. However, there was the option of calling money from home but the truth was that no matter where you got the capital money from, the same fate awaits it.

”I thought you said you know him very well” i suddenly asked.

”Yes, i met him in Belgium last year and we exchanged numbers” Mike said.
What was he talking about? I thought he knew the guy. Meeting someone and exchanging numbers after some introductions and chats was never classified as ‘knowing someone’.
If

3 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2013
damn network. many posts
double post
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2013
double post
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2013
Chapter 11:

I saved up some money and bought some more drugs. Mike had planned to send some drugs to Germany. For some reasons, i decided to add some things of my own. We had purchased and prepared the goods as usual, then we sent it to Germany.
We had sent it to some guy in Hamburg whom Mike claimed to have known. The entire business was master minded, organized and prosecuted by Mike. I didn’t know the man in Hamburg. All that Mike told me was to trust and pray.

The big great book made it clear that what we blessed or cursed on Earth was the Same in the Christian Heaven. As a Christian, wasn’t it hypocritical and silly to pray for the success of a cocaine deal? Cocaine was something the law of the land condemned and outlawed. Cocaine was probably outlawed up there in the sky paradise according to the book.
Any business you did and kept praying was never a good business. I was a drug dealer. I didn’t need to pray after sending my goods to some guy in Germany or anywhere else. If i was required to do anything, it was only to trust and hope. I hated trust and what it stood for. Trust and Betrayal were like husband and wife that could never be separated. I was sure that if we managed to get our money from Hamburg, we were going to package more goods and send it back to the guy over there. Then we would continue praying and trusting until of course, the day he would either decide to seize the whole money and change his phone number. As soon as he changed his phone number, everything would just collapse and end. The whole money would be gone. The worst part of the whole silly business was that we can’t just travel to Hamburg to get our money. There were chances that we won’t see him if we got there, there were also chances that we won’t do anything if we wee him. Hamburg was in Europe, not Nigeria or Africa where i could take laws into my hands. We were also dealing with outlawed drugs which we can’t talk to the police about.

Well, there was nothing else to do then if i expected to make some reasonable money. I had to agree to the Hamburg deal out of nothing else to do.

That was how we sent our drugs to Hamburg. As usual, Mr Hamburg promised to return our money in one week. There was nothing else to do except wait and pray. And praying we did until the end of the one week.

”Patrick’s number is not connecting again” Mike announced while playing Formula 1 with me on the playstation 2 machine. I had watched him dialing numbers several times on his phone. He had hissed after each attempt. I had suspected that some kind of bad news was coming. As a result, i had fortified my nerves and mind to be able to receive whatever story i was going to be told about the Hamburg deal.

”Maybe

Phone batteries didn’t die easily in Europe. In fact, through out my previous stay in Europe, my phone battery never died. There was all-time electricity.

The worst part of the drug business was that you can’t even trust your partner. No, you can’t. Money had a way of corrupting good people.

As we sat and played our game, i thought about how long it took me to raise that small capital that was sent to Hamburg. If anything happened to the money, it would mean starting all over again. However, there was the option of calling money from home but the truth was that no matter where you got the capital money from, the same fate awaits it.

What was he talking about? I thought he knew the guy. Meeting someone and exchanging numbers after some introductions and chats was never classified as ‘knowing someone’.
If
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:13am On Nov 09, 2013
Chapter 11:

”Maybe

If
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Chapter 11:

”Maybe

If
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:16am On Nov 09, 2013
double post
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:16am On Nov 09, 2013
sorry
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:17am On Nov 09, 2013
sorry
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 09, 2013
Tenple post grin
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Valon4ego(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2013
bring it on zubby! following you bumper to bumper like the German police

2 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by bigx(m): 11:19am On Nov 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by BasseyJ(m): 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Good story man

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 4:46am On Nov 11, 2013
Chapter 12: The Agony.
Two days after the Hamburg bad
news broke, Mike had not yet been
able to get the mysterious Patrick
on the phone. Obviously, Mr
Patrick had switched off his
phone.
Three possibilities were involved
on the matter.
One: Mr Patrick had really
switched off his phone and
swindled Mike and I.
Two: Mr Patrick and Mike had
planned the scam all along. They
may have just used me and my
money.
Three: Mr Patrick was Captured by
the police.
To be sure that he wasn’t arrested
by the Police, i asked Mike to get
me Patrick’s full name. I told him
that the reason why i wanted the
name was just to make calls to
Hamburg and ask if someone had
seen him.
After trying to convince me to give
him more time to find out what
happened, Mike eventually gave
me the full names. I searched on
the internet and found a criminal
lawyer who worked on Weesp, a
small Amsterdam Suburb. I went
to the lawyer and gave him the
name to search on the European
Central Criminal Database.
After a day, the lawyer called and
told me that Patrick was not in
any prison in Germany. I was with
Mike when the lawyer called. I had
switched on my phone to
speakout mode. Mike had heard
when the lawyer announced that
there was no Patrick Agunta in any
police cell or prison.
”Patrick is just trying to steal our
money” i said to Mike after what
the lawyer told us.
I had a hunch that Mike was in on
the business but it wasn’t ideal to
suspect him openly. I needed time
to think first. The way Mike had
started behaving, it was apparent
that he was hiding something. I
would hear him making calls
inside his room every morning but
whenever we were inside the
sitting room, he would ignore
some calls and answered some. I
was pretty sure he was in contact
with Hamburg. That explained why
he would also take his phone to
the bathroom anytime he wanted
to bath or even ease himself.
On my own part, i pretended that
i didn’t suspect anything. It was
the only way to make him believe
that all was fine. Our house rent
was expiring very soon. We paid
monthly in Amsterdam and
elsewhere in Europe.
I was wondering where we were
going to raise money to pay the
landlord. Mike on the other hand
wasn’t worried. It was almost like
he had everything under control.
The food in the house had
suddenly finished. Unlike him, he
didn’t ask if i had money because
he believed that i was angry over
what happened with the Hamburg
guy.
One morning, he woke up and
announced that we were going to
the supermarket to buy food
stuffs like we used to do. I didn’t
ask for where money came from.
He was a man and he was capable
of getting money from anywhere.
”My brother in Belgium sent me
€1200. We will pay our house rent
from it and buy food stuff too”
Mike said while we were buying
the items.
”Oh, that is very good” I said. I
needed to say something to
quench his suspicions.
A day after the shopping, Tony
came from Berlin. Tony was the
guy who supplied me Marijuana
when i lived in Brandenburg. Even
though i
Owed him some small cash, he
was happy to see me. He had
visited Amsterdam to sell some
shoes and cloths. He said he was
staying low on drugs since the
Police satellites were on him back
in Germany. He had given me
Mauli shoes at the cost of €500
and also some shirts at €150
each. The good news was that he
didn’t ask me to pay immediately,
he told me to pay whenever i
could.
Before he left, he also gave me
€2000 to start business. He
encouraged me and said i can
always pay him whenever i had
the money.
When he left, i returned to Mike.
Since the Hamburg incident, Mike
had not discussed anything about
business with me, i believed he
had been doing business
somewhere without my
knowledge. People were mean but
still Mike had tried a lot by
offering me a get-away clause
from Dozie. The issue was that i
was still in the hands and midst of
ego driven individuals from one
state who believed that they were
better than others and that others
must serve them.
I started making my own plans.
I called Junior in Berlin and told
him the exact time to call me. I
told him to ask me if i dealt on
cocaine which i would say yes to,
then I would ask him how much
he paid for the stuff and he would
give me a little higher price than
what the Germans paid. He would
promise to return my money in
four days since he was in direct
contact with the white people.
The plan was to make Mike believe
that i also had contacts of my own
who were capable of doing the
business as well.
Mike knew that i had lived in
Berlin but he didn’t know what i
did there and how much money i
made there. He didn’t know the
kind of heart i had and how much
i could go to protect my money
and interest. He would find out
someday though.
Since the very moment the idea
came to me, i had been targeting
the moment when Mike would
have some money. It was difficult
to find out since he had resorted
to doing business behind my back.
He would go out and contribute
money in business deals with
other people, all in an effort to
either trade with my capital for
sometime or even steal the money
entirely. Money had a way of
making devils out of good men.
Mike was nice to me but that
didn’t mean that he couldn’t
cheat. He was surprised when i
brought home new pair of Mauli
shoes and expensive shirts. I
believed he wondered where and
how i got the money.
The new shirts and shoes was the
reason why the idea of planning
with Junior came.
I had told Junior to demand for
unadulterated Cocaine. It was sold
at €30/gram. I had also told Junior
to agree that he would pay €50 for
each gram when it got to Berlin.
My intention was to buy pure
cocaine and prepare without
mixing anything in it. I had no
intention of sending it to
Germany. I didn’t trust Junior
either. Even if he dealt on Cocaine,
i wasn’t going to give him my
drugs on trust. It was just a plan.
I had also told Robin my cousin
what happened with Mike and
what i intended to do. I was going
to spend some money to get my
money but i was good at doing
that.
” Even though you may want to
move forward in your life,
you may have one foot on the
brakes. In order to be free, we
must learn how to let go.
Release the hurt. Release the
fear. Refuse to entertain your
old pain. The energy it takes
to hang onto the past is
holding you back from a new
life. What is it you would let
go of today?”

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 4:48am On Nov 11, 2013
Chapter 13.
”Hello guy” I said on the phone. It
was Junior calling as planned. I
had switched my phone on
Speakout and left it on the center
table since i was holding the
playstation pads with both hands.
That was how Mike used to
answer his calls until Patrick
disappeared with our Narcotics.
”Guy its Junior” he said.
”I have your number on my
phone, how is Berlin”? I asked.
He said that everything was fine in
Berlin.
”I need some stuff and i was
wondering if you know people i
can buy it from” Junior said.
I told him that i could buy good
stuff for him but i didn’t have
money. He said he would send
money for me in the morning and
asked me not to mix anything in
it. He said he would mix it himself.
He also said he would pay €35 if
he sent someone but would pay
€50 if i could send it to him by
myself. I agreed to send it by
myself.
After the call, i dropped my pad
and called Robin. I had already
prepared him for the call.
”Do you know birds who can go to
Germany” i asked.
He asked which city in Germany
and when i told him it was Berlin,
he said he knew someone who
could go but would take €5 to
transport each one gram. That
mathematically meant that i was
going to earn atleast €9 for each
gram after spending €6 for its
preparations.
As we continued playing our game
in the parlour, i intentionally
brightened my face with a fake
smile. Mike couldn’t help but
acknowledged that i was smiling.
”Yes, i know Junior very well. He
does drug business with Germans.
He must have gotten a big contact
that wanted raw stuff.
The following day, Junior called
and said he had sent the money
through western union. Mike was
there when he called. I had
actually flashed Junior and made
him know it was time to call. It
was all planned out.
I dropped my pad quickly and
took a Snoda to the Amsterdamse
Poort.
We called illegal taxis ‘Snoda’ in
Bijlmer. I didn’t know what it
meant or why it was called Snoda.
Snoda was the unofficial taxi in
Bijlmer. It could be seen
everywhere with immigrant
drivers mostly from Ghana and
Suriname. They had no special
colour or code or number or
anything. Just buy a private car
and give your phone number to
people, then you are in business.
When i got to the poort, i took the
bus to Robin’s place. He had some
raw drugs. I had told him what i
planned to do. He had given me
the drugs after cooking one gram
to show me that it was sill raw.
He had also warned me not to
tamper with it by mixing anything
in it.
”If you mix ntugwa in it, you will
sell it and pay me” Robin had
warned.
When i got home with the drugs, i
contracted Mike to prepare it as
we used to do, only that this time,
we were not going to mix anything
with it.
He jumped at the offer, i was
going to pay him anyway.
We grinded and tied the raw drugs
into balls. It was 300 grams which
resulted into 30 balls of 10gram
each.
Apparently, Mike knew that i was
going to make over €2500 out of
the deal even without involving my
money. As i had Expected, Mike
came up with an idea for me. He
asked me to tell Junior to make
provisions for me to add my own
stuff when next he planned to do
the business
”I don’t think he will agree” i
objected.
”He will agree since you will buy it
with your money” he countered.
I called Junior right there in the
parlour.
”Guy, i will add something with my
money next time” i had said.
Junior agreed without much talk.
He had asked how the preparation
was going on. I told him that we
were almost finishing and that the
bird would move by 5am the in
the morning.
Around 2am, the bird who was
going to transport the drugs to
Germany came to our apartment.
We had prepared Okro soup for
easy injection into the stomach.
The bird swallowed the stuff one
after the other until the stuff
finished, then he called a Snoda to
take him to the Amsterdam
central train station where he
would get a train going to Berlin.
As we had planned, the bird took
the drugs back to Robin’s house.
His charge for the small risk was
€500. I had paid him upfront.
At around 3pm, an unknown
number called me. It said he had
gotten to Berlin and had met with
Junior. I had instantly flashed
Junior who called back and said
the Bird had gotten to him. He
thanked me and said he would
send me more money in a few
days. He also said that he had
opened one of the balls and
cooked it, it was exactly what he
wanted.
Late in the night, Junior called me
while we were playing game, he
said that he had supplied 100
grams of the stuff and would send
me the money to start preparing
another one next day.
”Wait until you sell all of them,
don’t be in a haste. If you are
sure to finish all of the stuff in
two days, i can ask the bird to wait
and bring the money with him” i
had said.
He asked if i trusted the bird and i
said i didn’t. He then said Western
union would be better. I agreed.
I took Mike out and spent €200 on
foodstuff. I also bought him a jean
and a shirt. I had just made some
money and it was expected of me
to be generous. I was from Enugu
state which meant that i was
foolish in the eyes of the Anambra
people. The safest way was to play
the fool’s card perfectly.
Life went on normally until three
days after, Junior called and said
he had sold out the stuff. As usual,
i was with Mike. I had decided to
glue myself around him. I needed
to know what he thought about
my new business deals. I wanted
him to beg me to put something
for him. Of course he would buy
the stuff himself. It happened
exactly as i planned it.
After the call from Junior, Mike
said he could borrow money from
a friend and buy some stuff to sell
for him in Berlin. Berlin had
somehow become the real deal.
After determining that i could buy
120 gram for myself, Mike said he
could do 200 gram on his own.
He intended to borrow €6000 to
buy drugs in Bijlmer. Only a fool
would believe that. He could go
and borrow the money from the
devil himself, all i knew was that
he would never see the money
again. He did the same to me.
” Be more concerned with your
character than your
reputation, because your
character is what you really
are, while your reputation is
merely what others think you
are”

6 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 4:50am On Nov 11, 2013
14: I WILL RULE FOREVER
Chapter 14.
I had gone to Robin and told him
that our target was willing to start
with €6000. He said it wasn’t big
but was atleast something. Junior
would get €500, Robin would get
€500 and the fake bird would get
extra €1000.
The bird was a guy from Abiriba in
Abia state. I was afraid he could
squeal later on but i had decided
to use him when he approached
the deal like a professional. He
had said that he would swallow
each gram with €1.60, Which
meant that each hundred gram
would cost me €160 just for him
to swallow the stuff and bring it
out in Robin’s place. It was a high
risk venture since one or two balls
could decide to stay back in the
stomach longer than required.
Altogether, if i managed to pull off
the deal which was worth €6000, it
meant €4000 for me alone.
With €4000 and some money left
from the loan Tony gave me, i
would have atleast €5500 with me.
It would be enough to rent my
own apartment and live alone. It
would also mean that i had
nowhere else to learn the
business properly but it would be
better than the people i trusted a
bit stealing my money.
When i returned back to the house
later in the evening, i brought 420
grams of cocaine with me. It was
from Robin and one other guy.
Robin didn’t have enough but he
gave me money to buy it from
someone else. He knew that we
were not going to mix anything
with it, he would take it back later.
When Mike saw the drugs, he
somehow produced 200 grams of
pure Venezuelan Cocaine from
nowhere. I told him that we
needed to first of all, confirm from
the bird if he could swallow up to
600 balls of cocaine. Mike came up
with a different plan. He said we
would tie the stuff into 12gram
each instead of the widely
accepted ten grams. I hailed it as
a good idea and called Junior
instantly.
”Guy, we will tie the things in
12grams instead of 10. Junior had
no objection. He knew me very
well and understood that
something must have came up.
We got to work as usual. We
grinded the stuff into dust and
mixed all of them. Then we
started tying them into 12grams
each.
I would measure out the quantity
into a white water-proof bag and
hand it over to Mike who would in
turn, roll and tie them first with
white tape, then matched it on a
wooden board on the floor to
make it strong. After rolling it
under a flat shoe on the board, it
would have the required shape.
Then he would use a very strong
special thick water-proof gummy
tape called ‘Odeshi’ to tie it the
last one. The last round of Odeshi
would Make the ball very smooth
and slippery.
We did the work until around
9pm, before we finished. The bird
came around 1 am and started
swallowing slowly. He would
swallow ten pieces and rest before
continuing. He finished the 600
balls before 4am, then he left
around 5am.
As usual, it was time for Mike to
pray, while it was time for me to
start looking for a new apartment.
I knew how dangerous it was for
me if Mike found out what
happened. He was a huge guy with
massive biceps. He liked gym
more than anything
He had worked himself into a
perfect shape and would defeat
me in a fight even if he just woke
up from sleep. It was only a fool
who didn’t know who was bigger
and stronger than him or her.
At about 9am, Mike left for gym as
usual while i pretended that i was
tired from the sleepless night. He
usually spent 2 hours in the gym.
I called Robin. He said he was with
the bird and that he had already
started bringing the stuff out
through his anus. It was a mixed
feeling for me. I had imagined
what people went through
because of money. I wondered
what could make me swallow
drugs, definitely not because of
money. I was scared that the bird
himself could decide to run with
the stuff. I was suspicious of him
as well since he knew what i had
planned to do. That was pretty
much what Amsterdam was all
about for the Nigerians. It was
survival of the fittest. People
without big hearts would never
succeed there.
Why exactly did Nigerians,
especially the Igbos require so
much money individually? It was
almost like nobody trusted
anybody when it comes to money
issues. Everybody didn’t see
money the same way and
everybody didn’t place the same
level of importance to money. The
white men i knew then, just
organised themselves in a way
that small money could solve their
problems. But we the black people
had more problems than small
money could solve and the worst
problem with that was that we
struggled to solve everything;
which was naturally impossible.
We took care of everything on our
own; mothers, fathers, sisters,
wives, in-laws, girlfriends, house
rents etc. How could one survive
with such burden without
commiting one crime or the
other? We could never do all that
because we were under-educated.
We would never solve every of our
problems. We could only solve the
small ones which was the reason
behind the Western Social Security
system, a method where the
government solved more than half
of its citizen’s immediate
problems.
Back in Africa, the social security
system was non existent. The
leaders were devils who saw
leadership as opportunities to
enrich themselves. The leaders
had also turned the masses into
beggars who would praise them
whenever they gave the masses
some drinks and food. The greedy
leaders were also known for their
quest to rule their people forever.
Paul Biya of Cameroun,
Gnassingbe Eyadema of Togo,
Oumar Bongo of Gabon, Robert
Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Mummar
Ghaddafi of Libya, Husseni
Mubarak of Egypt, Bashir of
Sudan, Abacha and Obasanjo of
Nigeria; Gbagbo of Ivory Coast,
Charles Taylor of Liberia and many
more of them, All these men
wanted to rule their nations
forever. It was only Death or war
that removed some of them from
Power. Some of them, even at
very old ages still occupied the
Government houses. The result
was subjecting its citizens to
searching for better lives
elsewhere while they piled up
huge amounts of money to buy
properties in Other Countries. We
were doomed back home. We
needed revolution. A justified
Revolution!
” Those who make peaceful
revolution impossible will
make violent revolution
inevitable.”

5 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 4:52am On Nov 11, 2013
15: THE SAME OLD STORY
Chapter 15: The same story.
Mike returned around 11am and
went straight to the kitchen. After
making some meals and eating his
share, he asked me if i called our
carrier bird. I pretentiously looked
at the time on my phone and told
him that he won’t get to Berlin
until 2 or 3pm. He asked that i
called him anyway. I called the
Bird and switched the phone to
speakout….
Robin had a white friend who did
business with him. His name was
Van Der Hoven. Mr Van Der Hoven
was at Robin’s house when i called
the bird’s number. It wasn’t a
coincidence that Mr Van Der
Hoven picked the call. It was
Robin’s doing. The white Man’s
voice had calmly asked who i was.
I looked at Mike for some
explanations. He slowly took the
phone from me and said ”Hello”.
Mr Van Der Hoven spoke in Dutch.
We didn’t know what he said.
”Can you speak in English” Mike
asked him.
”Yes, i can speak a little English.
We found this phone inside a train
going to Germany this morning. If
you know the owner, tell us where
you are or come to Den Hague
Central Police station to claim it”
Mr Van Der Hoven said.
Mike quickly switched off the
phone.
”I think the police caught the bird”
he said.
”No no no. He said they found the
phone inside the Train. Maybe the
phone fall out from the bird’s
pocket” i said.
”Are you a fool, that is a trap. If
you go to the station to claim the
phone, they will catch you” Mike
said.
I kept a surprised face as if i was
really a fool.
”What are we going to do now” i
asked. I needed Mike to be the
egghead who comes up with every
solution to our current
predicament.
”If they really catch the bird, he
could tell them where we live and
they will come here” Mike said.
I jumped up from my chair and
declared that i was leaving the
entire area. He said he was leaving
too.
We took the back door and exited
the building. We walked to the
Venserpolder metro station and
took a train to Krainest. We
located a small bar and started
drinking.
”Where are we going to sleep
tonight” i suddenly asked.
Mike said he could go to his
Girlfriend’s place and stay for
some days but claimed that he
wasn’t sure the girl could allow
both of us.
I called Robin.
”Our house has knocked” i said on
the phone. He asked what
happened. I carefully explained to
him that we are not sure where
our bird has gone. I told him that
a Police man said they found his
phone in the train and asked us to
come and pick it up at the Den
Hague police station.
Robin asked us not to try that. He
said it could be a trap.
”I told you its a trap” Mike said as
soon as he heard what Robin had
said.
”Where are you people staying
now” Robin asked. I told him that
Mike would go to Amstelveen and
stay with his girl while i still didn’t
know where to stay.
He said he could accommodate
me in his own room for not more
than one week.
That was it. After some more
drinks, we dispersed to our
various new temporal apartments.
Enugu people weren’t fools
afterall.
For security reasons, i headed to
the African Kitchen in the Gein
area of Bijlmer. African Kitchen
was an all Nigerian dish
restaurant situated behind the
Gein metro station. It was ran by
a Yoruba Gentleman named Alfred
who hated troubles and liked
peace. I went there first because i
thought that Mike could decide to
track me to where Robin lived.
Knowing who i was, i could have
suspected foul play as well.
After eating at the African Kitchen,
i walked into the next door. It was
a cybercafe and phone accessories
& repair center that belonged to
two Pakistani young men.
”What are you doing here” a voice
said behind me as i approached
the counter to buy a simcard
card.
It was Mike. I pretended not to be
surprised and told him that i came
to buy a new simcard since the
old one might have been in danger
of exposing me.
”Me too, i came to buy a new
simcard” he said.
It was obvious that i had just
given him a lie life line. He was
following me. I didn’t blame him, i
would have done the same. He
didn’t know where Robin lived and
i wasn’t going to take him there
easily.
After putting the new simcard to
the phone, we went back to the
Kitchen and continued drinking. It
seemed that Mike had called
someone with the news and he
had been advised to track me
down. He may have been told that
it was all a scam. As a result, i
waited for an opportunity to
change my plan. It was obvious
that Mike didn’t plan to leave me.
Beer was such a wonderful liquid
that easily sent people to the
toilet. That was what it did to
Mike.
As soon as he went to ease
himself, i sent Robin a message.
It read: ”let me know when the
coast is clear, he is following me
around”
He replied instantly with his own
message. It read:
”Its clear now”
One glance at the message was
quickly followed by deleting it.
Mike was already coming out,
therefore i had no time to drop
the phone on the table. If i
dropped it quickly, he could
believe that something was amiss.
Therefore i switched to the game
section and started playing a
game. He glanced on the phone
screen as he made his way to his
chair which was located beside
me.
I continued playing my game as
we downed beer after beer. I
didn’t care about how much beer i
was drinking. I had some money
with me. I didn’t know about Mike
but i wasn’t going to pay for him.
We continued our drinks until
10pm. It was a Friday. Weekends
usually stretched to day breaks in
Amsterdam. The Nightlife was
awesome. There were some girls
still loitering around the Kitchen,
but i was not in a situation to
mess with women.
”Why not go back to our house, i
dont think the police will come to
us today” i said suddenly.
”No, lets go to Robin’s place first, i
will go to my girl’s place by 12am.
She is not in the house now”, Mike
said.
What!!. So Mike had been planning
to go there with me all along?
He was really clever, more than i
had credited him.
”Alright, lets go but i don’t think
he will be happy to see two of us
since i didn’t tell him you were
coming” i said as i stood up to go.
” Do not pray for an easy life,
pray for the strength to
endure a difficult one”

6 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 4:53am On Nov 11, 2013
16: NO WAY OUT
Chapter 16:
Robin Lived not far from Gein. The
entire Bijlmer could be rounded
up by foot within an hour. Mike
and I had walked from Gein until
we got to the area where Robin
lived. He lived in a new building
which was equipped with intercom
and CCTV cameras. No matter the
floor where one lived, he or she
could see the people in front of
the building through a TV like
camera that was mounted in every
apartment.
When i pressed the door bell, a
voice came through the speakers
and said:
”You are not alone, who is that
with you”. It was Robin.
”It OK, he is my friend” i said.
”It is not OK, i told you that i am
not the owner of this place. I just
own one room here” Robin said.
”He is not sleeping here, he will
leave shortly” i said.
Mike had heard everything we
said. The door was opened. We
stepped into the passage and
pressed 4 on the numbers written
on the lift. The lift door opened
and we stepped inside. It closed
and started climbing up. We got to
the 4th floor and stepped out,
then we walked about 15 meters
to apartment 407. It was the
seventh door from the right. I was
fond of counting the doors when i
newly came to Amsterdam.
The door was opened before we
got to it. We stepped inside and
Robin closed the door. The entire
building was neat. The bird had
discharged his drugs and had left
long ago. Robin had used razor
blade to cut open the cocaine
balls and hid them properly.
I introduced Mike to him as the
guy who was on the run with me.
He sympathized with us and gave
us instances where his own goods
were lost. According to him, he
had relocated twice due to the
fear of being invaded by the Police
after his birds had been captured.
He consoled me specially since i
was just a beginner.
The phone of the bird had long
been switched off. The bird was
not based in Amsterdam. Most of
them, came from neighbouring
countries and as far as Spain. One
can hardly see anybody carrying
cocaine across countries with
Holland passport or resident
permit. Since the papers were
pretty difficult to get, people had
resorted to using documents from
Spain and France. The most used
among all was Spanish papers. It
was so easy to get then that some
other European countries such as
Germany disrespected and
disregarded the documents. There
were instances where German
authorities had deported people
with Spanish resident permits
back to Spain.
On the other hand, there were not
much to do in Spain. Their
minimum wage was very small
compared to Holland and
Germany. As a result, some
Spanish citizens came to look for
works in German and Holland.
Elo, our dear Carrier bird was
from Abia state but had Spanish
resident permit. He had told Robin
that he was going back to Spain
after he got his money from us. It
was obvious that he would surface
in Amsterdam sometime in the
future but one good thing about
Holland was that one could be out
of prison in a month or two as
long as the authorities confiscated
the drugs they got from him.
Rumour even had It that drug
money was being used to develop
Bijlmer and the entire Amsterdam
South. I was forced to believe that
since house raids from the police
sometimes yielded as much as a
tonne of pure cocaine from the
Colombians and the Bolivians.
One kilo of pure cocaine was
hovering around €30,000 and
€30,500. It mathematically meant
that 1 tonne which was 1000kg,
simply added up to €30000×1000.
Anyone could easily do the math
and see it was a huge sum of
money.
€3 Million loosely changed to
Naira was about 6 Billion. Now
that was a serious money. Change
it further to Ghana Cedis of CFA
and you could build a Mini City
somewhere in Benin Republic.
It wasn’t really hard to determine
why the Kingdom of Netherlands
were so lenient with drug dealers.
What else did Holland produce?
As we settled down in Robin’s
place, he brought out a bottle of
Jack Daniel for us. One could see
that Mike had eased up a little. He
was to some extent, convinced
that our dear Bird had been
captured. I on the other hand had
decided to squeeze my face. Mike
would ask me to cheer up every
now and then. I was sure he was
already planning how to scam me
again but unfortunately for him,
the same bad thing hardly
happened to me twice.
Sometimes, it rarely happened at
all.
”Food is in the kitchen” Robin had
said.
In Amsterdam, nobody served you
food. No matter who the person
was. If you visit a friend, he can
as much as tell you that there was
food in the kitchen, the rest would
be left for you. You would go and
get the quantity you needed,
warm it in the microwave, eat and
wash your plate.
As a result, Mike and I had gone
to the kitchen to get foods. We ate
and washed our plates, then we
continued our drinking.
Mike Left around 11:50pm and
took a Snoda to God knows where.
It wasn’t my business where he
went. He had taken my goods
without giving me a
comprehensive explanation. I had
just done the same but i had given
a better account of myself. I was a
God-fearing man from Enugu
state, the sister state of Anambra.
When he left, we watched him
from the widow until he entered a
Snoda, that was it. He was gone
and so was his money and even
our friendship. Friends hardly
recovered from such bad deals
unless it was clear to both that no
foul game had been played but the
businesses between me and Mike
were shady.
I didn’t care anyway. It was my
first bad move since started drug
business but unfortunately, it was
the only way to survive. In the
midst of thieves, one couldn’t
survive without being a thief too.
Morality wasn’t a choice then in
Amsterdam. I was sure that Mike
and Dozie knew about life in
Amsterdam. I was just their
victims but since i knew what was
going on then, it presented a very
good idea on how to take my
revenge on Dozie. He had treated
me like a piece of crap. He had
manipulated and abandoned me
to my fate when he was supposed
to mentor me. He had asked me
to leave his place without
considering what was going to
happen to me.
No, Dozie you can’t just get away.
” When you begin a journey of
revenge, start by digging two
graves: one for your enemy,
and one for yourself”

6 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by FoxyOsamadeen(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2013
Following though i dont see people commenting

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by komek(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2013
Foxy_Osamadeen: Following though i dont see people commenting
They are not commenting cos they have left Egypt to the Promiseland of Ozondigbo 1.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Madawaki01(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2013
Getting more interestin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Photographer(complete) / Glitches / Paulo Coelho's And A Boy Selling Pirated Copies Of His Book In Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.