Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? (2622 Views)

Dear God, Stop Brainwashing Children / Why Did God Stop The Building Of Tower Of Babel?? / There Are Different Callings In God. Stop Judging One Another. We Be Brethren. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Rossikk(m): 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
And the Arab philosopher Abul al-Ma'arri (973-1058) wrote:

"Do not suppose the statements of the prophets to be true; they are all fabrications. Men lived comfortably till they came and spoiled life. The sacred books are only such a set of idle tales as any age could have and indeed did actually produce."

BEAUTIFIQUE!!!

@POSTER, in this day and age of the internet etc, where access to information and learning is so easy, you really have no excuse for still believing the claim that ''God wrote the bible'' or that ''God wrote the Koran''. I mean, please..... it's really embarrassing.sad
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
No one bothered to reply Joshthefirst's epistle up there. Lol.

All man don learn.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Rossikk: And the Arab philosopher Abul al-Ma'arri (973-1058) wrote:

"Do not suppose the statements of the prophets to be true; they are all fabrications. Men lived comfortably till they came and spoiled life. The sacred books are only such a set of idle tales as any age could have and indeed did actually produce."

BEAUTIFIQUE!!!

@POSTER, in this day and age of the internet etc, where access to information and learning is so easy, you really have no excuse for still believing the claim that ''God wrote the bible'' or that ''God wrote the Koran''. I mean, please..... it's really embarrassing.sad
Really? And how is it embarrassing? It's not embarrassing to ascribe authorship of the quote you made to someone I've never seen, heard or touched but it's embarrassing to believe the claim that God wrote the Bible? I'm really curious how that works.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by mazaje(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Really? And how is it embarrassing? It's not embarrassing to ascribe authorship of the quote you made to someone I've never seen, heard or touched but it's embarrassing to believe the claim that God wrote the Bible? I'm really curious how that works.

Humans write books all the time, gods do not. . .Even the bible was written by humans who claimed god told them to write it, same with the koran and other religious books, men wrote all of them and claimed god told them to write it for various reasons. . .
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by macof(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

Are you now more Muslim than I am?

How did you learn about Islam?

I am not Muslim. It's precisely ur muslimness that is blinding ur eyes to the truth. You are so caught up in Islam and the wrath of Allah which the Koran preaches has put fear in u, so u dare not open ur eyes to reason against Islam and the Koran.

I am a religious historian, I learn about various religions and seek the truth. I learn various religions from books, hear say and answers from members of such religion.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by mazaje(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

What are you saying.

The prophet was monotheist from birth.

He started to receive revelation at 40. But the book was written and completed long before creation.

The prophet of islam was not a muslim at birth but a pagan. . .His parents were not muslims, they died as non muslims according to the hadiths. . .
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by ubl6: 7:04am On Nov 05, 2013
onetrack: If the Bible and Quran are the word of god then I for one am not impressed. I have many books on my shelf that are more concise, more consistent, better organized, better expressed and with fewer contradictions and errors than the aforementioned 'holy books'.

In his now-lost book "The Prophets' Fraudulent Tricks", one of my Persian heroes, doctor Muhammad al-Razi (854-925 AD) said, regarding the Quran (but could apply to the Bible as well):

"You claim that the evidentiary miracle is present and available, namely, the Quran. You say: "Whoever denies it, let him produce a similar one." Indeed, we shall produce a thousand similar, from the works of rhetoricians, eloquent speakers and valiant poets, which are more appropriately phrased and state the issues more succinctly. They convey the meaning better and their rhymed prose is in better meter. … By God what you say astonishes us! You are talking about a work which recounts ancient myths, and which at the same time is full of contradictions and does not contain any useful information or explanation. Then you say: "Produce something like it"‽

I would love to have met these guys.

cheesy
If you can only know the condition they found themselves after their deaths, you will never wish to be with them.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by ubl6: 7:06am On Nov 05, 2013
mazaje:

The prophet of islam was not a muslim at birth but a pagan. . .His parents were not muslims, they died as non muslims according to the hadiths. . .
His parents died as non-muslim. But the prophet himself has never been a pagan.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2013
mazaje:

Humans write books all the time, gods do not. . .Even the bible was written by humans who claimed god told them to write it, same with the koran and other religious books, men wrote all of them and claimed god told them to write it for various reasons. . .
Living humans write books all the time, dead ones do not. Just as the humans who wrote the Bible claimed that God told them to write it, it is still humans who claim that some dead (maybe even never-lived) guy wrote something they like. What exactly is the big difference here?
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 05, 2013
ubl6:
Before he met Angel Gabriel, he held no previous religious beliefs?
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by ubl6: 7:15am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: HE was a pagan. His family's God was Allah.
when he got influenced by the jews, he simply created a religion where only Allah existed.
He first met Jews in Medina when he migrated. That was 13yrs after the revelation of the Quran began in Mecca.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by onetrack(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2013
ubl6:
If you can only know the condition they found themselves after their deaths, you will never wish to be with them.

Did some evil psychopathic god get angry and do something horrible to them?
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by ubl6: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2013
aManFromMars:
Before he met Angel Gabriel, he held no previous religious beliefs?
The Makkans claimed descent from Abraham through Isma`il and tradition stated that their temple, the Ka`bah, had been built by Abraham and Isma'il for the worship of the One God. It was still called the House of Allah then. They inherited monotheism from their ancestor Isma'il but many centuries later most of them turned to idolatory although still beliving in Allah as their Creator. They filled the Ka'aba with about 360 idols which they believed were their intercessors to Allah. All the idols were later destroyed by the prophet when he seized Makkah from the pagans' control. However even before the prophet's mission began, there were a few of the Arabs who felt disgust at this idolatry, which had prevailed for centuries, longed for the religion of Abraham and tried to find out what had been its teaching. Such seekers of the truth were known as Hunafa (sing. Hanif), a word originally meaning “those who turn away” (from the existing idol-worship), but coming in the end to have the sense of “upright” or “by nature upright,” because such persons held the way of truth to be right conduct. These Hunafa did not form a community. They were the non-conformists of their day, each seeking truth by the light of his inner consciousness. Muhammad son of Abdullah became one of these. Many years before his mission began, the prophet often used to isolate himself to a cave outside Makkah to meditate. It was in one of these seclusions that archangel Gabrail first appeared to him.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by ubl6: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2013
onetrack:

Did some evil psychopathic god get angry and do something horrible to them?
Al-Quran 83:10-17
10. Woe, that Day, to those that deny-
11. Those that deny the Day of Judgment.
12. And none can deny it but the transgressor beyond bounds, the sinner!
13. When Our verses are rehearsed to him, he says, “Tales of the ancients!”
14. By no means! but on their hearts is the stain of the (ill) which they do!
15. Verily, from (the Light of) their Lord, that Day, will they be veiled.
16. Further, they will enter the Fire of Hell.
17. Further, it will be said to them: “This is the (reality) which ye rejected as false!”
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by macof(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2013
ubl6:
any Arab who worships Allah is technically a pagan.
his parents worshipped Allah, and so did he.
The thing is mohammed created a new religion where only Allah existed
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by MamiWata: 11:04am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: HE was a pagan. His family's God was Allah.
when he got influenced by the jews, he simply created a religion where only Allah existed.

Very interesting interpretation and 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by onetrack(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2013
ubl6:
Al-Quran 83:10-17
10. Woe, that Day, to those that deny-
11. Those that deny the Day of Judgment.
12. And none can deny it but the transgressor beyond bounds, the sinner!
13. When Our verses are rehearsed to him, he says, “Tales of the ancients!”
14. By no means! but on their hearts is the stain of the (ill) which they do!
15. Verily, from (the Light of) their Lord, that Day, will they be veiled.
16. Further, they will enter the Fire of Hell.
17. Further, it will be said to them: “This is the (reality) which ye rejected as false!”

This all man-made. Just like the Bible. The main goal was to scare people into obeying these people who wrote the Quran.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by ubl6: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: any Arab who worships Allah is technically a pagan.
his parents worshipped Allah, and so did he.
The thing is mohammed created a new religion where only Allah existed
Keep on lying, most xtians are like this.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by niyisky: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Whao!!! Outstanding revelations from you all.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by nnofaith: 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
ubl6:
The Makkans claimed descent from Abraham through Isma`il and tradition stated that their temple, the Ka`bah, had been built by Abraham and Isma'il for the worship of the One God. It was still called the House of Allah then. They inherited monotheism from their ancestor Isma'il but many centuries later most of them turned to idolatory although still beliving in Allah as their Creator. They filled the Ka'aba with about 360 idols which they believed were their intercessors to Allah. All the idols were later destroyed by the prophet when he seized Makkah from the pagans' control. However even before the prophet's mission began, there were a few of the Arabs who felt disgust at this idolatry, which had prevailed for centuries, longed for the religion of Abraham and tried to find out what had been its teaching. Such seekers of the truth were known as Hunafa (sing. Hanif), a word originally meaning “those who turn away” (from the existing idol-worship), but coming in the end to have the sense of “upright” or “by nature upright,” because such persons held the way of truth to be right conduct. These Hunafa did not form a community. They were the non-conformists of their day, each seeking truth by the light of his inner consciousness. Muhammad son of Abdullah became one of these. Many years before his mission began, the prophet often used to isolate himself to a cave outside Makkah to meditate. It was in one of these seclusions that archangel Gabrail first appeared to him.
did any other human witness gabriel delievering the koran to prophet mohammed? if not why the secrecy? why would a god who can create the universe out of nothing choose to reveal a message meant for the whole world to a man in a cave without any witness, in an insignificant part of the world?!!

1 Like

Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by macof(m): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
niyisky: As a Christian, I read the bible a lot and I have a firm believe that most of the writings in the bible was actually inspired by God. Our Islam brothers and friends also believes that the Holy Koran was also inspired by God. However, I belong to that school of thought that allows rational thinking and reflection. This question goes to fellow Christians, Islams and all rational thinking human. Did God actually stopped writing, inspiring and commanding after the writings of these two great books?
noo, he hasnt stopped o. Just dis last sunday, d day of of d eclipse, i had a small headache and thought u know, just a minor ish and took panadol. But all of a sudden, i started sweating and feeling hot and then, gbosa!! Something that resemble epilepsy caught me and when i opened my eyes, i heard a voice, 'i'm Jehovah Allah, who built the universe, now rise, take your pen and write'..na so i start to dey write o..but wen i gained consciousness, i culdnt find my notepad again.
It was then revealed to me later in my dream that d almighty kept d notepad so d devil wnt corrupt it...wait, i'm having headache..cold..it's cominnggggggg.....
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dap07:
noo, he hasnt stopped o. Just dis last sunday, d day of of d eclipse, i had a small headache and thought u know, just a minor ish and took panadol. But all of a sudden, i started sweating and feeling hot and then, gbosa!! Something that resemble epilepsy caught me and when i opened my eyes, i heard a voice, 'i'm Jehovah Allah, who built the universe, now rise, take your pen and write'..na so i start to dey write o..but wen i gained consciousness, i culdnt find my notepad again.
It was then revealed to me later in my dream that d almighty kept d notepad so d devil wnt corrupt it...wait, i'm having headache..cold..it's cominnggggggg.....

grin grin grin
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by macof(m): 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dap07:
lmao cheesy grin
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by nnofaith: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dap07:
lol!
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by deols(f): 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
onetrack: If the Bible and Quran are the word of god then I for one am not impressed. I have many books on my shelf that are more concise, more consistent, better organized, better expressed and with fewer contradictions and errors than the aforementioned 'holy books'.

In his now-lost book "The Prophets' Fraudulent Tricks", one of my Persian heroes, doctor Muhammad al-Razi (854-925 AD) said, regarding the Quran (but could apply to the Bible as well):

"You claim that the evidentiary miracle is present and available, namely, the Quran. You say: "Whoever denies it, let him produce a similar one." Indeed, we shall produce a thousand similar, from the works of rhetoricians, eloquent speakers and valiant poets, which are more appropriately phrased and state the issues more succinctly. They convey the meaning better and their rhymed prose is in better meter. … By God what you say astonishes us! You are talking about a work which recounts ancient myths, and which at the same time is full of contradictions and does not contain any useful information or explanation. Then you say: "Produce something like it"‽

I would love to have met these guys.

cheesy

and what does this prove? It says that some books have been written like the Quran without mentioning the book.

and a philosopher, whose state of mind at the time of writing this is unknown, is to be believed. because he said so? Lol.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
deols:

and a philosopher, whose state of mind at the time of writing this is unknown, is to be believed. because he said so? Lol.

The joke's on you. wink
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by deols(f): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
macof:

I am not Muslim. It's precisely ur muslimness that is blinding ur eyes to the truth. You are so caught up in Islam and the wrath of Allah which the Koran preaches has put fear in u, so u dare not open ur eyes to reason against Islam and the Koran.

I am a religious historian, I learn about various religions and seek the truth. I learn various religions from books, hear say and answers from members of such religion.

The likes of you think that calling others blind make you appear as being sensible. Alas, you are not.

Imagine that someone wants to learn of Yorubas and then goes to live in Northern Nigeria to have a feel of what a Yoruba life is?

If you are not learning Islam from Muslims, you are simply deceiving yourself. learning the truth indeed...can't stop laughing at that.

What makes Quran unique is the way its message is passed. The message was memorised and passed from generation to generation in the form that it was revealed. How possible could it have been(if it was a folklore) that started only about a thousand years plus ago..to have been passed on in the same manner and format.

There is the written Quran in books and there are people who have memorised from people who memorised from those who did...until the time of the prophet

There are people still collecting chains of transmission of hadith until this day.

In Islam, you'd hear words like..deols the daughter of A heard it from the son of B who narrated it from C etc..and the trace gets to be to the exact date and time of the prophet. If proven to be otherwise, the hadith is rejected as weak.

So when a Muslim tells you something about the history of her religion, especially when a backing can be provided by the Quran or authentic hadith, you better just accept because that is the truth.

Read more on the post by LagisShia on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1501728/what-prophets-religion-before-revelation#19255266

1 Like

Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by deols(f): 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
ubl6:

the Prophet's (sa) father was no pagan.he was a HANIF (literally "monotheist" who followed the religion of Abraham).moreover there is a hadith from the Prophet (sa) that states that from Adam (as),he (sa) never (in respect of ancestry) was in the loins of a polytheist/idolater or zani (adulterer).

as for the religion of the Prophet (sa), before the revelation of verse 5:55-"This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion"-the same can be asked about any prophet from Adam (as) to Jesus (as),before Prophet Muhammad (sa).what was their religion? it is from the unique and truthful nature of Islam that you find its name stated in its holy book.in the bible,you cannot find "Christianity" or "Judaism" stated/named therein or enforced upon mankind as God's revealed or sanctioned religion that humanity must adhere to.furthermore,this connects with the fact that Prophet Muhammad (sa) is the final prophet and messenger of God through whom God completed all His messages to mankind and finalized them.in other words God's teachings became institutionalized under Islam with the coming of Prophet Muhammad (sa).Prophet Muhammad (sa) became the success of the prophets in establishing God's complete and perfect religion on earth.Jesus (as) did not claim to be Christian.Moses (as) did not claim to be a Judaist.they all called to the worship of One God and to obey His commandments (an act synonymous with the word "Islam",which is "to submit" to God's will).with the completion of the mission,God finally said this is the religion called "Islam" that we as humans must follow to get closer to our Creator,and be guided and to attain salvation.

in essence Prophet Muhammad (sa) as all prophets before him were "muslims" in belief and actions, but not by name, before the revelations of the Quran.you can call him also a "Hanif" as his ancestors were,and it is fine.

1 Like

Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
Interesting...
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by macof(m): 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Deols in don't think u know what pagan means, because if u do u would know that Mohammed was born into a pagan family(since u claim to know the Koran well).

Mohammed's family truly served the same God as Abraham, however they were all pagans including Abraham.
Paganism stopped when Moses led the Israelis and not with Abraham.
Re: Did God Stop Writing After The Bible And Koran? by FMK(m): 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
poster, why dont you stop eating as you already know the taste of all food you get and have known ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' / SERMON Jotters:characteristics Of A Virtuous Wife / 7 Most Influential Nigerian Pastors Wit Unique Trademarks(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.