Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,125 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? (1634 Views)

How I Got Married At The Age Of 35!!! / My Aunt Married At 39 / My Boyfriend Just Got Married Behind My Back , I Feel Like Commiting Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2013
"Times have change,we all know that- but our playbook hasn't change, now ladies don't know what to or how to love us anymore,am led to believe in those days our Oldboys need not cramp a whole dictionary just to woo our mothers but now it's a whole different ball of game,Not until our ladies begin love us the way our parents did "they will never win us in this Game of Love" "Most of our parents got married at very young ages. At 19 - 22,23 they had nothing and probably didn't know they will be where they are today. Theircareers/Jobs/businesses
weren't up and running ,no permanent address etc .
But they gambled with their lives for the sake of love, they put their idealistic images of how perfect their lives is suppose to be before
marriage out of their heads and took a chance with the one they loved and look at
them now, most of our parents are still together 30,40,50 years after taking that blind leap of faith together years ago.
The same cannot be said for our generation,we want to be SURE! ,we can't take risks ,God forbid we put all our eggs in one basket.There's always a plan B incase Plan A doesn't work.
Now while this might be a very sensible thing to do. Unfortunately, love and true
companionship doesn't work that way. if you are not ready to put all ur eggs in one basket and say this person is 100% then it usually just won't work out.
It's like a inviting some1 you love into your home and giving them access to only 5 rooms in your 10 bedroom house. Problems will
arise ,suspicions will boil to the surface.
Keeping part of you tucked away.(INCASE THIS
DOESN'T WORK OUT) is not the way of love.
"INCASE this doesn't work out" actually means
the relationship is DOOMED from the start.
Love demands 100% any less and it's just a
fling....you heard me

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 02, 2013
Dats because young girls date old men who can offer them what a young boy can't offer or can't take care of her. Now every one is claming silly levels.

2 Likes

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:15am On Nov 02, 2013
Cykik: Dats because young girls date old men who can offer them what a young boy can't offer or can't take care of her. Now every one is claming silly levels.
Is that what you do?
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by xynerise: 11:19am On Nov 02, 2013
You mean a man should get married at 23?
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by djeezy(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2013
Then there was a high level of illiteracy. Little or no value was placed on female education and so they are married out at tender age to prevent promiscuity. Today, education is becoming prime and sometimes, they have to finish school before marriage which is usually between 22-26.

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2013
xynerise: You mean a man should get married at 23?
unfortunately yes,
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by xynerise: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2013
Donalð Genes:
unfortunately yes,
Did your father get married at that age?
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2013
djeezy: Then there was a high level of illiteracy. Little or no value was placed on female education and so they are married out at tender age to prevent promiscuity. Today, education is becoming prime and sometimes, they have to finish school before marriage which is usually between 22-26.
I beg to disagree,can you compare our fathers with standard six certficate back then with those with HND graduates Now? Have you heard any of them speak so eloquently and flawlessly? I bet you won't tell me there was a significant high rate of unlettered men then than now~
In retrospect,Ladies then were moved by men who can speak high wired grammar, if you hear my popsi speaks,mehn! and one man in my village though late, you will cut them some slacks.....
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2013
xynerise:
Did your father get married at that age?
No but at age 19 and most of his friends some 18,some 20
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by xynerise: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2013
Donalð Genes:
No but at age 19 and most of his friends some 18,some 20
Maybe because they were hunters or farmers or maybe he didnt follow due process(Give woman belle)

Show me a 23 year old boy that is independent and can manage a relationship

2 Likes

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by 190: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2013
take a good look at D-explorer or even Eze promoe who are in their 40's grin grin grin grin

The time they've spent on Nairaland all these years doing E-summits never reach for them to marry get 7 years old pickin

of course they wont,

reason - Nairaland has infitrated deep into their DNA that they have No life out there grin grin

So baq to the matter - times have changed, the struggle is becoming more difficult

men want to be atleast 50% comfortable before venturing into marriages and these days women no longer stand by their man during

tough times, in essence the average age for men to marry these days from the Nigerian perspective is about 30 - 35

anything above that then you should know that man's destiny dey inside calabash for village grin grin

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 02, 2013
Values and beliefs are changing, most celebrated ideologies are hitting the extinction path.

Days when big credence would be given to having children at a very young age has all gone, days when poverty would push the hands of parents to let their teen daughters get married to wealthy men, just to arrest the financial state of the home.

Things has changed, this generation has prioritized education and acquiring wealth before any marital ish.

2 Likes

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by 190: 11:54am On Nov 02, 2013
El Guapo: Values and beliefs are changing, most celebrated ideologies are hitting the extinction path.

Days when big credence would be given to having children at a very young age has all gone, days when poverty would push the hands of parents to let their teen daughters get married to wealthy men, just to arrest the financial state of the home.

Things has changed, this generation has prioritized education and acquiring wealth before anyother achievement.

[size=4pt]
el-gualpo is another example!

instead of him thinking of how to get married hes on nairaland arguing chelsea, on Badoo looking for women in spain

when some of his mates already are on their 4th kid and 17th anniversary of marriage [/size] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2013
190: take a good look at D-explorer or even Eze promoe who are in their 40's grin grin grin grin

The time they've spent on Nairaland all these years doing E-summits never reach for them to marry get 7 years old pickin

of course they wont,

reason - Nairaland has infitrated deep into their DNA that they have No life out there grin grin

So baq to the matter - times have changed, the struggle is becoming more difficult

men want to be atleast 50% comfortable before venturing into marriages and these days women no longer stand by their man during

tough times, in essence the average age for men to marry these days from the Nigerian perspective is about 30 - 35

anything above that then you should know that man's destiny dey inside calabash for village grin grin

Oh boy you don't mean it? D-explorer and Eze old like that abi na Nairaland age abi na real life things? Damn! That's why i like you 190...omg!
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 02, 2013
190:

[size=4pt]

instead of him thinking of how to get married hes on nairaland arguing chelsea, on Badoo looking for women in spain

when some of his mates already are on their 4th kid and 17th anniversary of marriage [/size] grin grin grin

Na yeye dey worry you grin
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by xynerise: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
190:

[size=4pt]

No mind am grin

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
190:

[size=4pt]

hahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaaahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaa laugh want tear my belle for this palour, ah no fit laugh oh
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
xynerise:
No mind am grin

una qo keeeeeel me oh
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by xynerise: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Donalð Genes:

una qo keeeeeel me oh
Die make we hear word
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
El Guapo:

Na yeye dey worry you grin

make i qo check you out for Twitter if you are that old
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
xynerise:
No mind am grin

You don rush go marry thinking say na achievement while i'm better off with some dollar bills.

TBH, I've got plans to marry around 30-32!
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by 190: 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Oh boy you don't mean it? D-explorer and Eze old like that abi na Nairaland age abi na real life things? Damn! That's why i like you 190...omg!

well D-explorer should be approaching 42 by next year February

he's older than Eze with about 4 months

Na their real age be that undecided

xynerise wen don marry, na him wife help am cos she follow am struggle with him zinc business

if not na same category him be dey with them D-explorer and Eze promoe

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by sapien(m): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
190:

xynerise wen don marry, na him wife help am cos she follow am struggle with him zinc business

Wetin do you wey you no fit marry wey you dey wait for D-exlorer and Eze promoe? Abi marriage no dey your dictionary?

2 Likes

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by xynerise: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
El Guapo:

You don rush go marry thinking say na achievement while i'm better off with some dollar bills.

TBH, I've got plans to marry around 30-32!
You are already 35 bro tongue

2 Likes

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
Is 190 like on heat or something
Why he come dey do lyk isiewu dt is on heat? tongue

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Dubemkelly(m): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
The economy has gone bad n dis 21st century,an average age of graduation in Nigeria is 23 if there were no strikes n after dat one needs 2 get boxed up 2 finance his home n some employers want a max age of 25-26 as employment n also consider d one year waste of NYSC....Folks wud wish 2 get married early buh d resources aint dere 2 get things done n dese dayz d xtended family values hv gone low so I would rather encourage u get sth stable b4 goin in2 marriage.

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
MANY people didn't marry for love in the past. Many marriages were arranged! And just because the older couples have been together for 30, 40 years doesn't necessarily mean they have had happy marriages they enjoyed.

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
190:

wtf! Hahahahahahahaahahaahahaha choi!

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by 190: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
alutacontinua: Is 190 like on heat or something
Why he come dey do lyk isiewu dt is on heat? tongue

Hmmmm . . . . undecided
Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by 190: 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
sapien: Wetin do you wey you no fit marry wey you dey wait for D-exlorer and Eze promoe? Abi marriage no dey your dictionary?

wen people wen senior me 8 times never marry na me go come marry grin

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
190:

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Got Married At Age 19-23 But Why Can't We? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
190: take a good look at D-explorer or even Eze promoe who are in their 40's grin grin grin grin

of course they wont,

)) _____________
|/ |
| grin
| / |\
| |
| / \
|
___|___ LaFf Don HanG Me grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Showing Your Lady Off To Your Friends Really A Big Deal? / Things Men Want You To Tell Them Bluntly / Question Of The Day, Guys: Are You Going Into 2015 With Your Boo From 2014?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.