Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,275 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! (2529 Views)

Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / Why Are All The Good Guys Taken? / Why Do Bad Girls Get Married Easier Than Good Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
We've had a lot of confusion surrounding these terms. It seems that good is equated with boring and lifeless while bad is equated with fun and spontaneity. That is the height of idiocy as far as I can see. Good means "healthy", "wholesome", "beneficial", "of positive value". "Good" is what something is when it adds positive value to a thing, when it improves the quality of a thing. The word is not confusing at all. Nutritious food is good for us. It is because it maintains our body in a healthy, usable state and improves the quality of its health. Oxygen is good for us because it helps our body maintain its life functions.

"Bad" describes everything that damages or hampers the quality of a thing. If it helps to degrade the value of something or spoil it in some way, it is "bad". Oxygen is bad for anaerobic bacteria. It kills them. Water is bad for fire, in the right quantities it quenches it.

Who is a "good"/"nice" guy/girl?
Urban usage of that term varies. For some, it means a "dullin" guy or a "naive" guy; for others, it means a guy who does not deliberately harm other people. Which is it really? We need to stop confusing ourselves. Naivety or "dulling" is not good for any adult. "Innocence" is not a characteristic of maturity. When something has matured, it is not neutral, it is fully biased in some particular direction. It is children that ought to be innocent and naive. They lack the necessary experience for anyone to expect a bias from them.

A good guy/girl is not naive. In fact, a good guy/girl cannot be naive because to be good is a deliberate choice. You can't make it without exposure to what other options there are - not necessarily experiential exposure, mind (some people will start assuming that to mean that you have to actually go and mess around before you can legitimately become good, that's so false). One must know that there are other things to be besides good before they can rightly say that they chose to be good. If you have this sort of exposure, you cannot be called naive or innocent. When you choose to not do something because doing it will violate your choice to be good, it is no longer "dullin", it is simply exhibiting moral fibre.

Having said that, it becomes obvious then that saying things like "good guys/girls are boring" or "good guys/girls are not good in bed" is a pretty iddiotic thing to do. A good guy/girl is simply a person who does not consider their personal benefit as the reference point for every decision that they have to make or for every relationship they start or keep. They make room for others to benefit as well even when it requires sacrificing their own benefit.

Who is a bad guy/girl?
He's not necessarily that sharp dresser who skis, dances, can make good jokes and isn't shy. Looking good, outdoor sports, dancing, a sense of humor, dry wit and confidence are not qualities of "badness". In fact, they can be qualities more of "goodness" than of "badness". The bad boy/girl is also called a player/jerk/slut. He/she is an immensely selfish creature. In their world, their desires are god. Everything else is sacrificed to suit their whims. They'll make an emotional slave out of another human being in order to either keep lining their pockets or to get all the sex that they want.

For the bad guy/girl, every other human being, mainly of the opposite sex, exists for their own amusement and entertainment. If there is anything attractive about their badness, it is that illusion of freedom and the absence of rules to manage excesses and abuse. But that is only attractive to the naive and other bad guys/girls not to good guys/girls.

Put simply, it is unbelievable stupidity to label everything dry and restrictive as 'good' and everything fun and free as bad. For instance, I don't have a long list of girls whose bodies I've plowed through but there is nothing dry and unexciting about my sexuality. My wife will have to be a truly crazy, insatiable sex maniac for me to fail to satisfy her. I didn't pick that up from being a player. And it wasn't my sexual history that made me such a "badt guy", I actually brought my abilities forth in my past experience, I did not acquire them there.

A good guy/girl who is a virgin may not do great the first time he/she takes or goes with someone to bed, but they'll do better because we humans are a learning species. Mehn, there is no better lover than a man or woman who loves you completely. Others may have "generic" techniques that work on "all" women/men (rolling my eyes), but a man/woman who loves you will learn your own particular body and how to drive you wild. Of course, some things work on all men/women, but then some particular things only work on some particular individual. It is the man/woman patient and committed enough to discover those things that completely drives you out of your mind in bed. That's why one hardly ever remembers the "best" sex (technically speaking) one ever had but one won't forget the awkward silly stuff they pulled with someone they actually cared about.

So, let's stop with the iddiotic confusion already, shall we? Ain't nothing great about being bad.

2 Likes

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
Beautiful.
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Bros, rest 4dis ur bad guy/ good guy thing na angry

1 Like

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
2s£xy:
Bros, rest 4dis ur bad guy/ good guy thing na angry

Lol. My guy, you ma know say I don rest na. Na diz new threads wey I de see where efribody jus de confuse wey make I come open dis one. I don hang my boot o. grin
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
I will soon be unfollowing you. What kind of crap is this? Every time "Good guy", "bad guy" nonsense!

Guy, you have not added anything new to this debate that has existed since the very first relationship discussion.

Too many good girls love bad guys. Simple and short.

2 Likes

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Ishilove: 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
Good guy, bad girl, bad guy, good girl, non will give one the ticket to heaven so just give it a rest. Let all those who want to continue in their iranu knock themselves out

1 Like

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Olugbenger(m): 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
'
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 03, 2013
Sophisticated!

100 000 likes!
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 03, 2013
make we bet am, all ye good boy/guy wil end up with the bad gal.
Dont forget this comment wen it happens.

1 Like

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Iceman296: 2:36am On Nov 03, 2013
People Should Just Live their life Jare and Forget all this Good/Bad Stuff. Make Acquaintances with Those who Suit you and Your Character.

The person We Term "Bad" Might be an Angel in God's Eyes!
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 03, 2013
Sorry.... Not in my life, except to use them for dinner smiley
chidyhels: make we bet am, all ye good boy/guy wil end up with the bad gal.
Dont forget this comment wen it happens.
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

I tire o. It's is almost natural instincts and do beat that with plethora of girls?

Do you go about to preach across the country? How tenable?

Ihedinobi, abeg let guys dey see puzzy chop o cos this ya preaching fit spoil market for guys. Just stop am.

Whether u talk from now till tomorrow, dey(girls) will always want the bad boys. Take it or leave it, except in some cases where the girl has been so badly dealt with. Then she would wanna come to good guy.
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 03, 2013
2s£xy:
Sorry.... Not in my life, except to use them for dinner smiley
2seXy,i knw u wil be the first to say never. But remb the words.
You arent a good guy sef,so u may get the good gal.
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 03, 2013
In everyone lies the tendency of being good or bad. Nature wants a balance,thats why unlike poles wil forever attract.

I can be bad to who deserves my bad,and good to who deserves the good. Same me.
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
Huh huh...
chidyhels:
2seXy,i knw u wil be the first to say never. But remb the words.

why should I be good? I don't remember the last time I ever composed a romantic poem/text for a lady.

I don't remember the last time I stayed all night on calls.

It seems the words, 'I love you,' has almost been deleted from my dictionary-very rarely used. And if used, I often don't mean it except to gallantly play the tune girls wanna hear.

I don't remember last time I bought something for a supposed chic willingly except she asked, I don't do anything; I will only do if there IS a NEED, not want.

One of them chic hasn't heard from me in like a month plus cos in my world, it's all about me, myself and I problems.

I live my life like no girl exist in it... Cos what matter to me most is my happiness. And I care more about things that put money in my pocket(asset) than things siphone it(liabilities) that's why I more concerned chasing the money than chasing skirts. Otherwise some daughters of eve would classify me as no good wretch without a future.

I could only give a girl 1/4 of my heart if she is REALLY worth it and she just my have to proof her worth while she breaks that sweat.

Don't blame me... You know the story! cool

1 Like

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2013
Logicboy03: I will soon be unfollowing you. What kind of crap is this? Every time "Good guy", "bad guy" nonsense!

Guy, you have not added anything new to this debate that has existed since the very first relationship discussion.

grin grin grin u even tried reading all that grin
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2013
Booty butt chic: grin grin grin u even tried reading all that grin

I no gree read o
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
If y'all didn't read, why you de open mouth? If I wan argue, I go open thread for argument. I was posting definitions only. No one was required to read, like or respond!

@chidyhels: opposites attract eh? Have you even bothered to think how moral opposites attract? You think morality is electromagnetism?

@Lb, it's not like I asked you to follow me in the first place. You did that entirely of your own accord. Feel free to unfollow whenever you please. And, again, no good girl ever prefers a bad boy. Unless of course you mean something completely different from what I mean when I use the term, "good girl" or the term "bad boy".
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
I think it is difficult to have a single definition for something, especially if it is controversial. What you call 'paedophilia', may be regarded as 'sexual interest' by others. In other words, what you reject or call bad might just be acceptable or good to others.
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by haibe(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
chidyhels:

lmao
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
fluid26: I think it is difficult to have a single definition for something, especially if it is controversial. What you call 'paedophilia', may be regarded as 'sexual interest' by others. In other words, what you reject or call bad might just be acceptable or good to others.

No! There are certain values that are universal and MUST be universal and are not debatable. One of these are human and children rights!

If anything that you do, harms others then it IS BAD!

Paedophilia is a sexual interest that is extremely harmful to children and THEREFORE BAD!!!!!
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
carefreewannabe:

No! There are certain values that are universal and MUST be universal and are not debatable. One of these are human and children rights!

If anything that you do, harms others then it IS BAD!

Paedophilia is a sexual interest that is extremely harmful to children and THEREFORE BAD!!!!!

You say MUST? Does everyone subscribe to this universal imposition? What about bestiality and homosexuality? Anal intercourse is harmful you know? It can cause anal fissures or haemorrhoids. Faecal incontinence too. Those guys must be used to rectal surgery. Are these not harmful? Shouldn't there be universal laws against these acts?
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Olugbenger(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
Logicboy03: I will soon be unfollowing you. What kind of crap is this? Every time "Good guy", "bad guy" nonsense!

grin grin grin
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
fluid26:

You say MUST? Does everyone subscribe to this universal imposition? What about bestiality and homosexuality? Anal intercourse is harmful you know? It can cause anal fissures or haemorrhoids. Faecal incontinence too. Those guys must be used to rectal surgery. Are these not harmful? Shouldn't there be universal laws against these acts?

Anything that is done to HARM OTHERS against their will, MUST be considered WRONG and BAD.
I'm not going to discuss it, it's very simple!
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Ngokafor(f): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
..Oh no!!..op are you sure you are a good guy sef?..you don too blow your trumpet..

..anyways people should please stop staying that good girls love bad guys..that is a pure fallacy!!..

.#team good guys#..
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Olugbenger(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
ihedinobi: So, let's stop with the iddiotic confusion already, shall we? Ain't nothing great about being bad.
Say all you want, the true fact remains in humans heart and you can hardly convince them or change their opinions.
Soon, they might start saying you need a bad girl or you should transform into a bad guy to understand a few things.
We know say you sabi argue, abi u won follow all of dem argue ni?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by UjSizzle(f): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2013

lmao grin grin
I gave this advice to Muskeeto few weeks ago cheesy

Ihedinobi, defining 'good/nice' guy/girl doesn't automatically make it every other person's definition irrespective of how logical it sounds undecided
Please in the name of God we both serve, literally hang your boots angry I'll actually puke if I see another good/nice guy topic on my page again angry
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Anything that is done to HARM OTHERS against their will, MUST be considered WRONG and BAD.
I'm not going to discuss it, it's very simple!

Against their will? Even when harm is done with the host's approval, it should be condemned.

However, that is not what is obtainable in today's world. Homosexuality has come to stay. Bestiality too. Soon enough you'll see paedophile groups and websites springing up everywhere.

I agree with you, no doubt, but what you call distorted is a clear signal to another. The world thrives on anomaly, any attempt to rectify it will cause it to cease to exist.
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Ishilove: 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
2s£xy:
Huh huh...

why should I be good? I don't remember the last time I ever composed a romantic poem/text for a lady.

It seems the words, 'I love you,' has almost been deleted from my dictionary-very rarely used. And if used, I often don't mean it except to gallantly play the tune girls wanna hear.

I don't remember last time I bought something for a supposed chic willingly except she asked, I don't do anything; I will only do if there IS a NEED, not want.

One of them chic hasn't heard from me in like a month plus cos in my world, it's all about me, myself and I problems.

I live my life like no girl exist in it... Cos what matter to me most is my happiness. And I care more about things that put money in my pocket(asset) than things siphone it(liabilities) that's why I more concerned chasing the money than chasing skirts. Otherwise some daughters of eve would classify me as no good wretch without a future.

I could only give a girl 1/4 of my heart if she is REALLY worth it and she just my have to proof her worth while she breaks that sweat.

You are not the only man in the world angry

1 Like

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Joshthefirst(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
2s£xy:
Huh huh...

aren't you being selfish? Caring about yourself, yourself and yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Oh yeah... I ain't. Gold ain't cheap and you dig deep to explore. If you don't know, ask the explorationist! cool
Ishilove:
You are not the only man in the world angry
Re: Good Guys. Nice Guys. Bad Guys. Good Girls. Bad Girls. Definitions Finally! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
To you, that's what it seems like. What do guys get when they do the opposite? A weakling, a pest, a no good wretch without a future...

Do whatever pleases you, bro.
Joshthefirst: aren't you being selfish? Caring about yourself, yourself and yourself?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Chat Wit Babes And Avoid Being Seen As Asking Plenty Questions / If I Know She Was Married I Couldn't Have Done It. / The Catastrophes That Come With Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.