Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (22204 Views)

Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Miracles In Jesus Name - Crippled Leg Grows Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by LordReed(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2013
How does writing IJN stop you from saying in Jesus name out loud?

1 Like

Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by yollychika(f): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2013
Let no one judge any lest he be judged. Nobody holy pass no body
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Hendrixtzee(m): 11:33am On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars: Funny thing is the Jewish rebel that was hung on a cross never bore the name JESUS.. there's no power in that name.. wink
honestly, I try to respect the belief of others no matter the race,religion or geographical location. If u happily say u r an atheist or wateva sch of thought, I av no problem wt dt. But I am a Christian, I choose to remain a Christian, I av inner convictions supportive of me being a proud Christian. I wld appreciate if u stop acting so wild n respect our beliefs as Christians... Finally, I wldnt bother u wt sermons, I pray u meet good Christians that wld affect u positively

1 Like

Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 03, 2013
yollychika :
Let no one judge any lest he be judged. Nobody holy pass no body

Why are so many people like you concerned about who judges who?

Are you condemned already?

Dont abbreviate the name jesus.. Its a diluted, declawed, demoted savior who is a symbolic representation for a kind of anemic, watered-down, unBiblical, culturally acceptable Jesus.

I think the abbreviated Jesus is what we produce when we try to change Jesus to fit into our world rather than change ourselves to fit into His. It’s a rejection of introspection and meaningful conversion. I’d add that this seemingly abbreviated jesus actually greatly undermines faith formation and the respect for Christianity in the wider culture

2 Likes

Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 03, 2013
Hendrixtzee: honestly, I try to respect the belief of others no matter the race,religion or geographical location. If u happily say u r an atheist or wateva sch of thought, I av no problem wt dt. But I am a Christian, I choose to remain a Christian, I av inner convictions supportive of me being a proud Christian. I wld appreciate if u stop acting so wild n respect our beliefs as Christians... Finally, I wldnt bother u wt sermons, I pray u meet good Christians that wld affect u positively

What does this epistle have to do with my initial post? I only noted that the Messiah wasn't named Jesus.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Danhumprey: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam: happy Sunday.. that's the truth bro
When did you become a female? Why are some Mods behaving like kids? You and Fynestboi better start behaving like mature peeps! angry
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 03, 2013
slap1: You claim to be an atheist. What then attracts you to a topic that has 'Jesus' in it?

To see the folly of christian folks. Its always fun reading their messages
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by pastormustwac: 11:40am On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars:
oga pastormustwac, u don find food chp? grin grin
long time..
Lol, how far nao? them don ban you ni?
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 03, 2013
Nuvally:

Nobody should insult this guy. Like I said earlier, we will keep praying for u. Don't die just yet

Prayer doesn't work. It's a waste of time

1 Like

Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 03, 2013
pastormustwac:
Lol, how far nao? them don ban you ni?
Lol, no o. I decided to drop the muskeeto moniker. I don suck blood tire. Na mars i base now. grin
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 03, 2013
Hendrixtzee: honestly, I try to respect the belief of others no matter the race,religion or geographical location. If u happily say u r an atheist or wateva sch of thought, I av no problem wt dt. But I am a Christian, I choose to remain a Christian, I av inner convictions supportive of me being a proud Christian. I wld appreciate if u stop acting so wild n respect our beliefs as Christians... Finally, I wldnt bother u wt sermons, I pray u meet good Christians that wld affect u positively

What is so sacred about beliefs that warrants respect? Beliefs in my opinion should not be respected. They should be mocked and ridiculed.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by anochuko01(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2013
there's nothing bad in it only if everybody knows wat it means....it could be written in full for the sake of those who dont know the meaning.

In my opinion, prayers are SPOKEN and not WRITTEN and POSTED to heaven. So its perhaps the duty of whosoever is reading or speaking to say 'IN JESUS NAME'
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2013
IDNOJCON undecided well if you don't know it means in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
*dhtml:

You should not even say blood of Jesus when attacked - it is the name of Jesus you need to repell attacks. The blood is for forgiveness of sins.
sorry o but please don't come here and confuse others. You can use both the blood and you can use the name for repelling attacks. Any one you use, God will still hear your prayer as long as you have faith..they do not have limited or specific purposes. Stop misleading people.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Olurock(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
i m guilty of this may GOD forgive me though i ve never sent IJN as a text message to anybody but when i m jotting down messages or prayer points of live programm i m compelled to use the acronyms.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dear op, there is no big deal. most of us christians like to dwell on unnecessary and irrelevant things. Look at this scenerio now.. There are two brothers.
One loves God with all his heart, he obeys his commandments and is walking according to his will but when typing , he uses IJN.
Now on the other hand, this other brother ls the exact opposite.. He curses, he steals and he lies but when he types he uses 'in jesus' name'
Who do you think pleases God more?
If your spirit judges you when you do it, then stop it. But I don't see it as a big deal and the prayer doesn't lose effect just because I abbreviated IJN. And it doesn't change the fact that I love God.
My advise is please focus on more important things in your walk with God.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Sermwell(m): 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
erad: Christianity and christians with their insatiable taste for irrelevancies. They leave the necessary things and start chasing after things that have only face value. Have those using IJN complained to you that its not working for them?? Run your race and live others to run theirs. God sent you to preach salvation (which I'm sure you've never done), not correct people's way of communicating... That's their business!
well said!!! 10 bottles of annointing oil for you! Don't mind all these religious fanatics!
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by sammoe(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
*dhtml:

You should not even say blood of Jesus when attacked - it is the name of Jesus you need to repell attacks. The blood is for forgiveness of sins.

I am with u on this. It's such a mentality as is displayed my several people that influences expressions like: I cover this/that with the blood of Jesus.
Morever calling one's name in a time of need indicates a preexisting familiarity.
It's more important to have a sustained relationship with Jesus Christ than being bothered by issues like @post.

May God help us all... :-)
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by salubrious(f): 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
coolu r very ryt!
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
@OP.. his name is not even JESUS in the first place.. this is what happens when you turn religion into a franchise.. all sorts of alien theories start springing up undecided
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by sammoe(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
JustifiedChild: sorry o but please don't come here and confuse others. You can use both the blood and you can use the name for repelling attacks. Any one you use, God will still hear your prayer as long as you have faith..they do not have limited or specific purposes. Stop misleading people.
Hi dear. Are u sure u aren't being mislead?
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Generally abbreviations have gradually stolen the beauty of communication these days.
I find it utterly disturbing watching our younger generation slowly go down with this new style. I personally think this form of writing should be discouraged among young folks.
sometimes I find it very difficult to make out what some folks are trying to say when they send SMS or write on social media.
I think it's just sheer laziness
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by write2obi(m): 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
What are you trying to tell me . So when my text enters 160 words i should not abbv in Jesus name to IJN embarassed . Op u no do economics for skul abi undecided
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by buskie13(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars: Funny thing is the Jewish rebel that was hung on a cross never bore the name JESUS.. there's no power in that name.. wink
Jesus is watching you,He is the truth and light.
May God have mercy on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Valentines Day: When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.