Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,901 members, 7,838,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (22205 Views)

Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Miracles In Jesus Name - Crippled Leg Grows Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by 0monnakoda: 10:46am On Nov 04, 2013
fabolakers: Don't use IJN to Replace In Jesus Name because when you get attacked, you don't expect to say the Blood of J and expect something to happen. His name is Jesus and that's a Name above all names so next time you think about using IJN after sharing a Prayer with someone especially on social networks, think about that because I don't think you can command anything when you keep screaming IJN. Happy Sunday to Everybody and Make sure you pray for our Lovely Country Nigeria because there is no place like Home.

Attacked? By Whom? Ronaldo or Messi.? No one is attacking Dangote or Bill Gates so why will they attack an inconsequential you.
The whole corporate Pentecostal Industry thrives on that idea that someone is coming to attack you. Truth is You are not that Important.

If you are unlucky enough to be attacked by a dog or mosquitoes which is the most likely source of attack for poor people. My advice would be to defend yourself because it won't matter whether you say IJN or any other gibberish
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Bpriest(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2013
Truth is bitter? Oya where is my comment?
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by rossete2020(f): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
i do used dt very well nd dont c anytin wrong wit it cos dt's what is written on paper nt in d heart. Me dt does send it 2 pple av neva pronounced it as I J N cos it does nt follow or wil i say nt sweet dt way bt pronounce it as In Jesus Name. Mind u dt wil not make a prayer effective, dt is pronouncing it in full bt hw u effect ur faith on dt prayer.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Rexyl(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
Such abbreviation is meaningless and of no effect. It would be like saying G means God which is wrong. I never use such abbreviation sha.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by eliz1: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
ayoku777: I'm guilty of these. But i always send it to believers who know the name the abbreviation stands for and would read it in full in their minds.

But on another note, do you know 'JESUS' is english? His real name in hebrew is 'YASHUA'. So i believe knowing Him personally is where the power is, not the spelling per se. So IYN or IJN

And honestly OP, no one says I J N when talking or praying. They always say IN JESUS NAME. IJN is only used when texting.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT BRO, THE POWER IS EVEN IN YOUR HEART BUT USING ABBREVIATION CONCERNING SPIRITUAL MATTERS SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED .
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by manbaye: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
.......that's just a slang on social network. I dnt think anyone can dare that when writing in ink most especially an important write up. Shallom........
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
manbaye: .......that's just a slang on social network. I dnt think anyone can dare that when writing in ink most especially an important write up. Shallom........

Even on social media, it is still not the best
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by tpia5: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
nothing wrong with it.

little thing called freedom of speech, if YOU dont want to do it, dont, if others want to do it, thats their prerogative and NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by realtem(m): 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
ayoku777: I'm guilty of these. But i always send it to believers who know the name the abbreviation stands for and would read it in full in their minds.

But on another note, do you know 'JESUS' is english? His real name in hebrew is 'YASHUA'. So i believe knowing Him personally is where the power is, not the spelling per se. So IYN or IJN

And honestly OP, no one says I J N when talking or praying. They always say IN JESUS NAME. IJN is only used when texting.
Oh why are you sounding like those muslims who consider speaking arabic as a holy thing. Jesus is his english name and the language i understand most is english cos my country was colonised by english people, what do i care if israelites call him yashua . i don't know why difference in language seems to be a big problem for us. And i also think it should be "In Jesus Name".

Apart from the abbreviation "IJN" The Op was correcting us about. Don't you think it's more better to write your wordings in full. It just feels wonderful
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by realtem(m): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
biggiedol: Let me make it clear to you OP, the name Jesus is used everywhere and we also have earthly being bearing the name, so if you want to make that name effective when you pray, then it has to be IN JESUS CHRIST name and not in IN JESUS name cos we have many Jesus, so be informed .
yeah , like all those other jesus can hear you while praying in the corner of your room. Can you please tell me any other jesus that will answer you when they see you with your eyes closed praying fervently
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by realtem(m): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ayatullah:

His name is NOT Jesus! That is the REAL Truth. Jesus is a Jew and his tongue is ARAMAIC. It is the Lazy and perverted English people that gave him the name JESUS. Make your research and you will know the truth. So IJN or JESUS means nothing. Sorry that the Christians have been FOOLED for ages! You cannot corrupt someone's name just because you cannot pronounce it.
your words are making my bloods boil. Do yorubas or igbos call the name jesus in the aramaic tongue, in the english tongue or in their own tongue
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by macof(m): 12:03am On Nov 05, 2013
realtem: yeah , like all those other jesus can hear you while praying in the corner of your room. Can you please tell me any other jesus that will answer you when they see you with your eyes closed praying fervently

No Jesus, whether Jesus Christ or Jesus Nevas can answer prayers
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Ayatullah(m): 4:46am On Nov 05, 2013
realtem: your words are making my bloods boil. Do yorubas or igbos call the name jesus in the aramaic tongue, in the english tongue or in their own tongue

Ask them, they will tell you shocked
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by Rexyl(m): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Follow the proper way a name is registered and answered in line with what makes sense in your language. whenever such name is altered it becomes meaningless. Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or any other languages have their ways of saying God or Jesus. A name that sounds meaningfully in your language makes sense to you. Therefore God should be called by a name registered in the language(s) known to you. Be faithful to Him and believe in His name your prayer will be answered. “Jesus“ is registered in English as the name of authority (the messiah) by which prayers are answered by God, and not IJN , so be careful and take note of this. Call the name in your own language for a sure link to present your requests to God.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by tpia5: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
A Christogram is a monogram or combination of letters that forms an abbreviation for the name of Jesus Christ, traditionally used as a Christian symbol. As in the case of Chrismon, the term Christogram comes from the Latin phrase "Christi Monogramma", meaning "monogram of Christ".[1]
Different types of Christograms are associated with the various traditions of Christianity, e.g. the IHS monogram referring to the Holy Name of Jesus or ΙϹΧϹ referring to Christ.

In the Latin-speaking Christianity of medieval Western Europe (and so among Catholics and many Protestants today), the most common Christogram became "IHS" or "IHC", denoting the first three letters of the Greek name of Jesus, iota-eta-sigma

wiki

The acronym INRI represents the Latin inscription IESVS NAZARENVS REX IVDÆORVM (Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Iudaeorum), in English reads as "Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews".[13] John 19:20 states that this was written in three languages: Hebrew, Latin and Greek and was put on the cross of Jesus.
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by tpia5: 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name by slickzempire: 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
Ijn? No reference for our SAVIOUR?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya / Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.