Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? (2232 Views)

How Some Men Look After You Start Dating Them(photo) / You've Been Spending On Her & She Keeps Coming Along With Her Friend To Visit? / Girlfriend Spending On Boyfriend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by ifyonu5: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
I am currently working and recently i met this girl who is still a student and i got to like her a lot we have been dating for three weeks now and within this period she has been to my house twice and the rest of the time we meet is at joints and fast foods but my issue is that 2 weeks into the relationship she started complaining that i am a stingy person and has been acting funny since then even seeing me again is wahala. I do send her airtime regularly even though she hardly calls or reply my text messages and whenever we meet i make sure i pay her cab fair tru and fro i have taken her out occasionally and i have even taken her to the supermarket once to pick her toiletries. I am not one to shy away from my responsibilities but i felt i should really get to know her well and judge her commitment to the relationship before i start spending big bucks on her. Am i wrong in thinking such? I need sincere responses please especially from the ladies because i am beginning to feel that she really doesn’t like me maybe she just sees me as a meal ticket.
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bros,solar don reach your side??
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by beckyomas(f): 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
There's nothing wrong with what you are doing, doesn't it tell you that she's just out to milk you dry?...just keep doing what you're doing, if she doesn't like it, show her the door!
Its not like you shouldn't spend but its way too early for that

1 Like

Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by emmanuel4fire: 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
beckyomas: There's nothing wrong with what you are doing, doesn't it tell you that she's just out to milk you dry?...just keep doing what you're doing, if she doesn't like it, show her the door!
Its not like you shouldn't spend but its way too early for that
Dear you've spoken my mind. Please can I pm you?

1 Like

Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by twosquare(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Maga+Mugun....which kain gf be dat grin
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Boi, u b Mugun!! C'mon get rid of dat hungry chick. U send am credit and she had d guts to call u stingy? Walai, I fit consult fadeyi make he help me withdraw d airtime comot from d vampire phone.Nonsense!
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
cry
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
Don't bother, if you cannot spend your time on her also angry

(my own issue right now with 'him'). Spending your time should hold far more value to her over monetary exchanges... cry

1 Like

Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Iaz93: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
just three weeks? and you're already spending cash up and down. Bro, from your post, it seems you two do a lot of outing than sitting down to do some heart to heart talk.

I'll suggest you reduce the way you spend or the outing stuffs and see her reaction. With that, you'll know whether she's out for the money or not.
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Enegod(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nigerian girls no go kill person!!!
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by emmanuel4fire: 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
Enegod: Nigerian girls no go kill person!!!
grin
Most of the gals this days are after money. Though there are still good women buh very difficult to find. My brother please be very wise. Know what you want and go for it. Marriage is a life time experience. If your plan in the future is to be with a wife that is alway demanding, then I would advise you go for her. But if it's not then quit her and go for what you desire. Don't play the good man role while the badt guy is out their rocking your mani wit her.
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by MrCork: 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
ifyonu5: I am currently working and recently i met this girl who is still a student and i got to like her a lot we have been dating for three weeks now and within this period she has been to my house twice and the rest of the time we meet is at joints and fast foods but my issue is that 2 weeks into the relationship she started complaining that i am a stingy person and has been acting funny since then even seeing me again is wahala. I do send her airtime regularly even though she hardly calls or reply my text messages and whenever we meet i make sure i pay her cab fair tru and fro i have taken her out occasionally and i have even taken her to the supermarket once to pick her toiletries. I am not one to shy away from my responsibilities but i felt i should really get to know her well and judge her commitment to the relationship before i start spending big bucks on her. Am i wrong in thinking such? I need sincere responses please especially from the ladies because i am beginning to feel that she really doesn’t like me maybe she just sees me as a meal ticket.

...only when she giv u kiss! angry
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
She called you stingy? In those two weeks what has she bought for you? Its obvious you are just a meal ticket. Tell her she is stingy too. Afterall you both are in a relationship and nobody says it should be only one party giving gifts while the other receives. Mtcheeeew!
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by ikekings1: 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
You noticed she sees you as a meal ticket. And you are still thinking of what to do? Ndo ooo!!!
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
ifyonu5: I am currently working and recently i met this girl who is still a student and i got to like her a lot we have been dating for three weeks now and within this period she has been to my house twice and the rest of the time we meet is at joints and fast foods but my issue is that 2 weeks into the relationship she started complaining that i am a stingy person and has been acting funny since then even seeing me again is wahala. I do send her airtime regularly even though she hardly calls or reply my text messages and whenever we meet i make sure i pay her cab fair tru and fro i have taken her out occasionally and i have even taken her to the supermarket once to pick her toiletries. I am not one to shy away from my responsibilities but i felt i should really get to know her well and judge her commitment to the relationship before i start spending big bucks on her. Am i wrong in thinking such? I need sincere responses please especially from the ladies because i am beginning to feel that she really doesn’t like me maybe she just sees me as a meal ticket.

@the embolden, you're doing these stuffs for her and yet 2weeks into the relationship, she's complaining that you're stingy?. As if she didn't buy her own toiletries before she met you?. And you're thinking of spending HUGE BUCKS on her?. I can you've got a lot to spend. Dude, wake up and stop being a maga!!. Next thing, she will open a thread on NL asking when she will demand house rent from you. Smh.
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Danhumprey: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bro,you know what's up!grin grin
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Danhumprey: 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

...only when she giv u kiss! angry
grin
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Dannylux: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dump Her
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by drmikeadams(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ma guy NA her maga u be,.no dey waste ur time wit her,.I knw say u giv am pression u be dangote younger broda,.many fyn gals dey around,.
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by drmikeadams(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Danhumprey: Bro,you know what's up!grin grin
U Neva start ,u don dey pay 4 cab,dey go super mart,.dey send airtym ,dey go fast food only u?.wit d way ur going,I pity 4 u?.NA u sef dey turn ya self 2 her atm
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by jmoore(m): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
1 month before marriage.

1 Like

Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by fulanigirl(f): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
When she breaks up with you, you'll then come back and post a repetitive thread that Nigerian girls only like money. There nothing wrong in giving your girlfriend gifts or taking her out but if you start taking up all her responsibilities you are just asking for it.
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by ifyonu5: 7:54am On Nov 04, 2013
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2013
Girls would change for better if all guys are like me. Why would you start spending on a girl frm the onset of a relationship #iJoshy
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Flygerian1(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2013
Strauskhan1: Girls would change for better if all guys are like me. Why would you start spending on a girl frm the onset of a relationship #iJoshy
Nothing wrong in spending on girls, bro. Not bad at all. But for that same girl calling me "stingy" after spending and even buying her airtime? undecided

Buru ubanka shege! She go purge all the money by force.
Re: When Should You Start Spending On Your Girlfriend? by Danhumprey: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2013
Flygerian.:

Nothing wrong in spending on girls, bro. Not bad at all. But for that same girl calling me "stingy" after spending and even buying her airtime? undecided

Buru ubanka shege! She go purge all the money by force.
grin

(1) (Reply)

Leaked Sex Tape: Who Should Be Blamed, Guys Or Ladies? / Africa S€x Story : [story] Unfulfilled Promises Episode 6 To 10 / Difference Between Wife Material And Girlfriend Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.