Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (36599 Views)

Is Purgatory In The Bible? / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by HolyHolla(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
mavister: Catholic theologians point to Matthew 5:25-26 as the basis for Purgatory. Let us review that Scripture:
"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, until thou hast paid the uttermost farthing." [Matthew 5:25-26. This "prison" thus implied in this Scripture is supposed to be Purgatory. The implication in this Scripture is also that, eventually, the prisoner will pay his final bill and be set free. This implication is held to be consistent with the teaching of Purgatory, that it is not eternal, and eventually, everyone will get out of it, and go on to Heaven, perfectly purified.
Catholic theologians also point to Jesus' enunciation of the Unpardonable Sin as proof for Purgatory. Let us quickly review this Scripture.
"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." [Matthew 12:32] This reference to two worlds is held to be proof of Purgatory.
This is the supposed Biblical basis for Purgatory. The remainder of the argument for Purgatory is based upon the Machabees, which are not recognized as Holy Scripture by any church in the world save the Roman Catholic Church, and upon Church Tradition, which is also unreliable because it was written by men, not God, and was written after the Apostles passed from the scene, thus closing the Canon. [See"Sola Scriptura", RC101afor full details]
Now, let us examine these two Scriptural texts, given above, to see if they really prove a Purgatory, or whether they are referring to another meaning. Matthew 5:25 does not refer to a Roman Catholic Purgatory, but tells us that a sinner is a debtor to God, His Creditor. The sinner is cast into prison until he pays the last penny, which is forever because he does not have the resources to pay the final bill. The word, "until" does not necessarily imply a definite or temporary period of time. In many passages of the Bible, the word, "until" clearly denotes that which is done, without any regard to the future. For instance, God says: "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." Shall His Divine Son sit no longer after His enemies are subdued? Obviously not. Therefore, the word, "until" cannot be interpreted in Matthew 5:25 as denoting a limited period of time, i.e. Purgatory.
Even Matthew 12:32 does not prove purgatory; in fact, the expression "either in this world or in the world to come" does not imply that some sins are forgiven after death; however, it is a strong way of stating the truth that the unrepentant sinner will never be forgiven, as we see from the parallel passages of this Scripture (Luke 12:10, especiallyMark 3:29). Even according to Roman Catholic teaching, this Scripture could not refer to Purgatory, because Jesus speaks here of forgiveness, of which there is none in Purgatory, where the debt must be paid to the last "penny", either by the pains of torment or by the payment of living relatives, or a combination of the two.
Very significantly. Catholic theologians have had to rest their main argument for Purgatory upon a book which is acknowledged by all the best scholars to be apocryphal and without Biblical value for the majority of Christian believers. In fact, this passage about offering money to pray for the dead is sufficient to prove the lack of Divine inspiration in this book of the Machabees. No other book of Holy Scripture contains this doctrine, which is fundamentally opposed to Christian teaching. In fact, ask yourself why God would ask living believers to pay money to relieve people in Purgatory. What good is money to God, Who is outside of the Earthly realm where money can do anyone any good? In fact, to whom will the money go? Obviously, it could only go to the Church officials living in the here and now. This whole idea of teaching that the paying of money can relieve the suffering of loved ones in Purgatory just smacks of a money scheme.

Another brilliant expose. I wish I had the time to post long treatises like you. These are just the right explanations to the misconceptions being peddled. If me and you have to pay for some sins, how much would we be required to pay? First, it negates the fact that Jesus paid all on the cross and secondly, the penalty contained in scriptures for sin is the death of the soul, not a temporary place of torment. Paying for some sins means we have to taste ETERNAL death.

Talking of sins we must pay for, there is a difference between a person's sin and his iniquity which is imputed upon up to third and fourth generations. When sin is regarded as iniquity, generations after continue to pay for it. In the case of David, his sins of blodshedding became iniquity which his children after Solomon had to bear and therefore, the kingship was torn into two and only a part belonged to them. They also suffered many setbacks for the same reason. There are many other such references in the Bible explaining what it means when it says some sins will not be forgiven in this world. But even those iniquities are now covered under the Blood of Jesus for every Christian who knows his rights in Jesus.

Keep it coming Bro. You rock!
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
Apart frm dis weddin at cana were else. Now catholic is from Mary to Jesus, Jesus to God. Instead of Jesus to God does it mean Jesus cn't hear ur prayers except mary tels him.
Have you been able to thrash that of cana before asking for another? Stop drifting.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
stp quotn wit u dn't knw, 1john5v17 said all unrightoeusnez is sin,n there is a sin nt un2 death. sin which are nt 2 death are those one u confess n forsake.
Your fellow protestant Kingk disagree with this, when you guys agree on whether the sin not unto death is the one confessed and forsaken or not, come back and tell us.

How will one be arguing with people who don't even know their stand.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by nnagozie(m): 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sal C: Your fellow protestant Kingk disagree with this, when you guys agree on whether the sin not unto death is the one confessed and forsaken or not, come back and tell us.

How will one be arguing with people who don't even know their stand.
All they do is protest!! If you can't beat us join us!!
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by udopee(f): 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY, HEAVEN OR HELL THE CHOICE IS YOURS NOW ON EARTH
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by mavister(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
One thing i have discovered is that some of this religious fanatics peddling this fallacy on the existence of purgatory know the truth is far fetched from what they are saying. The basis here is that they cant even muster the courage to walk up to their priests for proof on the existence of purgatory and moreso, they have been born in the catholic church and as such, for all their lives have been fed with such dish that anything else from that is lies even when they see it to be the truth. One may ask me why am i bothering my self posting all this? Is he in a bid to win them over to his side? No not at all..like a friend said..serve your God ..let me serve mine.. Am doing all this cause there are many who dont even know where they stand. They dont know what to believe.and if left to this false prophets..they will be misled... Please every one... Lets be wise.. I pray the holy spirit opens the eyes of any one who is still confused..amen
shalom
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sal C: Kingk disagree with this, How will one be arguing with people who don't even know their stand.

Oga pls what do you know about sin unto death and sin not unto death...... Maybe you know all, can you explain and give some examples for the knowledge of it.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
nnagozie: Join us!!
Chai!,,, join you with the hope of PULGATORY abi? Omo na Hell be that oh.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
mavister: One thing i have discovered is that some of this religious fanatics peddling this fallacy on the existence of purgatory know the truth is far fetched from what they are saying. The basis here is that they cant even muster the courage to walk up to their priests for proof on the existence of purgatory and moreso, they have been born in the catholic church and as such, for all their lives have been fed with such dish that anything else from that is lies even when they see it to be the truth. One may ask me why am i bothering my self posting all this? Is he in a bid to win them over to his side? No not at all..like a friend said..serve your God ..let me serve mine.. Am doing all this cause there are many who dont even know where they stand. They dont know what to believe.and if left to this false prophets..they will be misled... Please every one... Lets be wise.. I pray the holy spirit opens the eyes of any one who is still confused..amen
shalom

Ride on mehn....... They keep on living in an illusion.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by stankezzy: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
Apart frm dis weddin at cana were else. Now catholic is from Mary to Jesus, Jesus to God. Instead of Jesus to God does it mean Jesus cn't hear ur prayers except mary tels him.
appostle john dat wrote revilation talked about heaven.he mentioned GOD,JESUS,24ELDERS,THE LIVING CREATURES,ANGELS,ND SAINTS.he did not mention or see mary interceeding any where.so u people want to tell us dt mary is included in d devine order.wen jesus,his broders nd parents went to feast,while dey were returning Jesus did nt return with dem so he was told dt his mother nd brothers were looking for him,what did he answer? that his mother nd brothers are these men with him dt listens to him.does it mean dt they were nt listenning to him?how many times were his brothers nd sisters mentioned in d bibble! do u know dt before d feast dt ,d brothers told him dt somebody dt performs dis type of tin u are performing is suppose to go to where people will be seeing him perform .so dey took him as a performer/an entertainer.if his broders nd sisters were important to salvation dey would have been mentioned many times.the bibble did nt mention where his brodas nd parents repented,where they prayed or where they were prayed for.do u know dt dere is no automatic qualificatin in heaven,be u his parents or brodas dt it is according to ones work.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingk:

Oga pls what do you know about sin unto death and sin not unto death...... Maybe you know all, can you explain and give some examples for the knowledge of it.
Let me go this way.

The university were I graduated is an abode of student cultists . Now if for any reason, the cultists had stormed my lodge asking me of my friend whom few minutes ago; ran into my house for safety. I know that telling them where he is will lead to him being severely beaten or even killed. So I lied to them that I've not seen him, they left and he was saved.

Notice that I lied to save someone's life. if I die within few minutes and was to be judge by my deed few minute ago, where will I go?

Will I go to heaven for saving a life or to hell fo lying.

Now this is a sin borne out of compassion to save life,but it doesn't do away with the fact that I sinned therefore to enter heaven, I must be purified for nothing impure, not even one who told a lie will enter heaven.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by skydeexie(m): 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
A Message for the Catholic Brethren Looking forward to being in Purgatory after Death:

[size=16pt]Jesus Paid It All [/size]
by: Elvina M. Hall - 1865 (Lyrics)

I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”

Refrain:
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim;
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.

And now complete in Him,
My robe, His righteousness,
Close sheltered ’neath His side,
I am divinely blest.

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots
And melt the heart of stone.

When from my dying bed
My ransomed soul shall rise,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
Shall rend the vaulted skies.

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
I’ll lay my trophies down,
All down at Jesus’ feet.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by amaralizzy40y: 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
[quote
author=Deha]
So,what happens after judgement?
Remember the Bible said that "NO SIN WILL GO UNPUNISHED"
Going by this statement,Moses couldnt have been in heaven then,cuz he
disobeyed God and therefore was made unpure..Remember Angel Michaels
dispute with the Devil? Remember the Devils contention? How do u think
Moses was sanctified?
"Nothing impure will enter the Kingdom of God" You think God was
joking when He said that? Use ur brain dear child!![/quote]use ur brain too, did moses enta purgatory b4 enterin heaven.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sal C: Let me go this way.

The university were I graduated is an abode of student cultists . Now if for any reason, the cultists had stormed my lodge asking me of my friend whom few minutes ago; ran into my house for safety. I know that telling them where he is will lead to him being severely beaten or even killed. So I lied to them that I've not seen him, they left and he was saved.

Notice that I lied to save someone's life. if I die within few minutes and was to be judge by my deed few minute ago, where will I go?

Will I go to heaven for saving a life or to hell fo lying.

Now this is a sin borne out of compassion to save life,but it doesn't do away with the fact that I sinned therefore to enter heaven, I must be purified for nothing impure, not even one who told a lie will enter heaven.

Thanks for your example BUT I thank God that there's nothing new on the face of this earth.
The same as you said was applicable to REHAB THE HARLOT you remember the story Aiit........... Now for we have the spirit of God (christ) in us bearing witness, also at that moment of telling lie as a elect, your spirit is also asking for forgiveness........ At that point bro God sees the Heart cos it's not intentional I must say as REHAB was saved, bro you'll be saved.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingk:

Thanks for your example BUT I thank God that there's nothing new on the face of this earth.
The same as you said was applicable to REHAB THE HARLOT you remember the story Aiit........... Now for we have the spirit of God (christ) in us bearing witness, also at that moment of telling lie as a elect, your spirit is also asking for forgiveness........ At that point bro God sees the Heart cos it's not intentional I must say as REHAB was saved, bro you'll be saved.
Did I hear you say it wasn't intentional? Did I say I was drunk when it happened?
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sal C: Did I hear you say it wasn't intentional? Did I say I was drunk when it happened?
Ask yourself; was REHAB drunk when she told a lie to save Israelis NO........
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by skydeexie(m): 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
[size=13pt]1 Peter 1:18-19[/size]

Living Bible (TLB)

"18 God paid a ransom to save you from the impossible road to heaven which your fathers tried to take, and the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver as you very well know. 19 But he paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God."
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Syncan(m): 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Lady Excellency: Because she is no longer on earth and doesn't possess the omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent powers to hear your prayer from heaven.

If Mary is here on earth assisting the weak in intercession, there wouldn't be any contradiction but now she is gone to her creator and have no knowledge of your prayers.

Really? 1cor 13:12 " For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." St. Paul makes it clear here that earthly limitation to his knowledge will cease in heaven as he will be fully united to the all Knowing(Omniscient) God. He will know even as much as he is known!
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Syncan(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
use ur brain too, did moses enta purgatory b4 enterin heaven.

Amii, in a sense yes. 1Pet3:19. If you are in doubt just ask me first before coming to the public dearie.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by alajor(m): 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong abeg...but since I've been reading the bible I've never come across these words...purgatory, chaplet. Don't know where those pple got these words from. Do you? Hell I know, Heaven I know, purgatory,I don't.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingk:

Notice I did not dispute the fact that I will be saved, but does it do away with the fact that I sinned, and for me to get saved, I needed to be purified of that sin, and that purification is what we call purgation or purgatory as the case may be, this is where we can rightly bring in Heb 12 V 24 which talks about the spirit of good people made perfect.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by amaralizzy40y: 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sal C: Give us an example of sin against the father, sin against the son, and sin against the Holy Spirit.
Go to 1john5v17A, 1cori6v9, revel 21v8.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by amaralizzy40y: 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
[quote
author=vatuso]amara if u r askin for better undastndin or for knowledge
u wldnt hv taken a side in ur comment cos frm ur comment,u r just been
skeptical.u dont wnt to give rum for d explanation n yet u ask.well
givin u link to undastnd,try n honestly answer those 3 questions put to u
by Italo. but if u need a full lecture on purgatory mail me on
vatuso@yah
oo.com or call me on 08037966684 frm nw till next
3wksamara if u r askin for better undastndin or for
knowledge u wldnt hv taken a side in ur comment cos frm ur comment,u r
just been skeptical.u dont wnt to give rum for d explanation n yet u
ask.well givin u link to undastnd,try n honestly answer those 3
questions put to u by Italo. but if u need a full lecture on purgatory
mail me on vatuso@yah
oo.com or call me on 08037966684 frm nw till next 3wks
amara if u
r askin for better undastndin or for knowledge u wldnt hv taken a side
in ur comment cos frm ur comment,u r just been skeptical.u dont wnt to
give rum for d explanation n yet u ask.well givin u link to undastnd,try
n honestly answer those 3 questions put to u by Italo. but if u need a
full lecture on purgatory mail me on vatuso@yah
oo.com or call me on 08037966684 frm nw till next 3wks[/quote]y shld i mail or call u, notin lyk purgatory u can't convience or confuse me.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by sixone: 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
italo:

One example: a 'white lie.' E.g "tell am say I no dey" when you dey.

You tell am say you no dey and you dey. What if God wanted to use you to save that person and as u say you no dey the person die as a result of not seeing you? Think man. It ain't illegal to think yet.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Kei144(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Syncan:

Dear one, You read your scripture well, you drew a good inference which a lot of people are either ignorant of or refused to believe. However what you already see the catholic church as is still keeping you from the truth..."can any good thing come from Nazareth" says Nathanael, how wrong he was, when he encountered the lord. You found out that there must exist a process of purging, which no one else but Catholics agree to, yet you claim it is nothing like what Catholics say it is. Could you mind giving your own exposition of what it should look like and what is making the catholic own different?

Note: "Now that you have heard His word, harden not your heart"

Ro. 8:13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,
Ro. 8:14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

It is only "by the Spirit" that a person could free himself/herself from sin. The reason why followers of Christ remain imperfect is that they do not now how to free themselves from sin "by the Spirit". Jesus apparently does that for them in Paradise, thereby giving them full redemption.

1Pe. 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
1Pe. 3:19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison
1Pe. 3:20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

After Jesus Christ died on the cross, He went and preached to spirits in prison through the Spirit; these were spirits of those who died during Noah's flood. What is this prison? Is it Paradise or Hades? Does Jesus still minister to spirits of dead people after His resurrection?

There are many spiritual things we do not yet understand.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
HolyHolla: I tried to read each and every submission on this thread and what I've noticed is a group who believe in a concept applying every means available to scorn, ridicule and jibe at others who dare express any deviant view(s).

So far, I find no substance in the arguments put foward in support of Purgatory and in the far-fetched biblical and sometimes uncannonical references with human traditions forcibly applied to justify unsubstantiated opinions arising from machinations to control others. Is there someone who's ready for Christian Apologetics without insult and rancour? Please join me in discussing.

Perhaps we all need to go back and study to understand:

1. The origin(s) of the concept of Purgatory since all evidence found from practices and beliefs of early Christians expressed clearly a concept of judgment immediately after death as contained in Heb 9:27 which says, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Anyone may please disprove this by quoting early Christian writings, apart from Gnostic books, and Maccabees, justifying the concept of Purgatory, which should be differentiated from a concept of merely praying for the dead on their journey to the after world)
2. Gnostics' contribution to the concept of Purgatory and their link to the concept of reincarnation since the Gnostics were the first to propose the doctrine in NT times, which was supressed by the Early Church until it was sanctioned by the Council of Trent in 1031 BC and resurrected in Catholic scholars' writings between 1170 and 1200 BC. Please once again, let us refrain from confusing "Purgatory" with the simple concept of praying for the dead which is as old as 4th Century BC
3. The relationship of Purgatory to paganistic and/or unChristian religions such as Bhuddism, Taoism, Cults of Ishtar, Cult of Nimrod and Semiramis, Greek Pantheon Religions, African Traditional Religions, Islam and many others who also believe in the same concept
3. The origin of citation of Purgatory in Africa (I'm sure this was not developed by an African, and if it was an African that sited Purgatory in Europe, the whites would have employed every argument possible for a disclaimer instead of embracing it)
4. Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 3:11-15 wrote:
"For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid; which is Christ Jesus . Now if any man build upon this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay stubble: Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved , yet so as by fire."
This does not justify the doctrine of Purgatory as the singular reference to "...for the day of the Lord shall declare it.." tells us that this message is relevant to the Day of Judgement of the Saints, not a place or time of recluse in a place of purging
5. What if purgatory really doesn’t exist? Then, we would have succeeded in decieving people with a hope that their little sins don't matter instead of gearing them to righteouness in preparation for Heaven.

Please, I will appreciate if any responses are devoid of the usual insults, scorn and hate which are completely against Christian ethical relationships.
please would you mind starting a thread with the above, i'll love to discuss d above at considerable length.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by amaralizzy40y: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
italo:

Read 1 Cor 3:15

Tell me where people suffer loss, yet are saved as through fire.

Heaven or hell?

Note: we know that no one suffers loss in heaven and no one is saved in hell.

So where is that verse talking about?
the bible said we shld do d wil of God n prosper. Thro doing d wil of God on earth u we suffer loss n percautn, yet u wil be saved in heaven. Bible said our God is a merciful God n also consuming fire.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by amaralizzy40y: 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
italo:

That's sin not unto death.

Example of sin unto death is murder.
Ha, so white lie is no sin. When d bible said al unrightoeusnz is sin. Pls read ur bible revel 21v8.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
Ha, so white lie is no sin. When d bible said al unrightoeusnz is sin. Pls read ur bible revel 21v8.

Where did I say white lie is not a sin?
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
the bible said we shld do d wil of God n prosper. Thro doing d wil of God on earth u we suffer loss n percautn, yet u wil be saved in heaven. Bible said our God is a merciful God n also consuming fire.

That passage is talking about judgement day, sister, not loss on earth.

You attempt to twist fails again.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by amaralizzy40y: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
[quote
author=Charles noble] PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T ARGUE THIS, PURGATORY DO
EXIST, AND ITS A PLACE WHEREBY,U WILL SURFER FOR YOUR SINS BEFORE U CAN
GO INTO HEAVEN, THE PLACE IS STILL LIKE HELL,THE FIRE IN THERE WILL
PURIFY U 4RM SINS, BT NO ONE KNOWS HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE U IN
THERE![/quote]kwakwakwakwakwa i cn't stp laughn, if there is purgatory no i tink there is no need of hell fire.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
six one:

You tell am say you no dey and you dey. What if God wanted to use you to save that person and as u say you no dey the person die as a result of not seeing you? Think man. It ain't illegal to think yet.

At least, you didnt know that. It doesn't make the sin more grevious.

What if he leaves immediately and then the decking of our your sitting room collapses exactly where he would have been sitting.

Would that make your lie a good thing.

People even die from the effects of other people's intention to do good. Would it turn the good to sin?

The important thing is the intent, not effect.

God is not inconsiderate like you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply)

Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol / "Your Baby Is A Snake" - Delta Pastor Tells Woman As She Dumps Her Baby (Pics) / Mbaka Anoints Obiano For Second Tenure, Governor Kneels On Altar (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.