Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout (32410 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Nigerians Now Hugging Transformers In Protest Of Blackout(pics) / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by ceo4eva: 9:00am On Nov 04, 2013
Nigerians will experience a week-long electricity rationing that will put the country into darkness for the period. This will be the longest period in recent years that the country would be faced with blackout.
The development is coming few days after the Federal Government declared that its hand-over of the assets and facilities of PHCN including generation and distribution plants to private firms was successful.
The authorities had explained that the problem was due to the loss of 400 megawatts following repair works being carried out by the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), the major suppliers of gas to the power plants particularly Afam VI Power plant.
The management of Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) in a statement in Abuja yesterday said there would be a reduction in generation output by 400mw, from today to Saturday, November 9, 2013. According to the statement, “this is due to the Shell Petroleum Development Company’s (SPDC) scheduled maintenance work on Okoloma gas plant supplying gas to Afam VI Power Plant, thereby leading to the shutdown of the power plant, resulting in nationwide power rationing.”
It explained further that the shutdown of Afam VI power plant became necessary to allow SPDC inspect and carry out routine maintenance work on the Okoloma natural gas station in Afam, Rivers State, to ensure its technical integrity.
“Maintenance work on Okoloma gas plant, SPDC revealed was important to guarantee continuous and uninterrupted supply of gas to Afam VI for power generation into the national grid.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/blackout-nigerians-experience-week-darkness/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by JECBOSS: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2013
We're already used to it! As if we do have regular electricity before.
JAMES: I saw a strap of your bra..
TEACHER: Get out!, no class for u 4 a week!.
*Another Boy laughs*
TEACHER: Why did u laugh?
BOY: I saw both straps of d bra
TEACHER: GET OUT, no class 4 u for 1 month!..
*Teacher bends down 2 pick
chalk & AKPOS started walking
out..*
TEACHER: Akpos, why are you
going out?
AKPOS : What I saw just now, I
think my school days are
OVER!!!!....
Click 'LIKE' for AKPOS

180 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by israel007: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2013
[size=18pt]if it is for a good reason, we'll endure and enjoy.

who am I kidding! we go three weeks without light anyway
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by adezjamz(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2013
Next topic abeg

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by seresearch: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks for this info. Please, Nigerians should see this as a blessing. If power would be down for a week as a result of maintenance work alone, then that is a sign of good things to come.

Honestly, I believe in Nigeria. It must be well with us. We have many points of light amidst the darkness. For example, here is a new Nigerian NGO using very simple but unconventional means to put an end to unemployment and poverty in the country: i-Gube (www.igube.org)

And please, pray that everything will continue to work out well because, believe me, there are thousands of people who must be working assiduously against the whole show for economic, political and other ends.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by anthoniosp(m): 9:18am On Nov 04, 2013
cheei nairalanders ooh..
1....its five days
2....its not total blackout..rationed light like 11-5 light ...
3.....sitdown make u dey listen to news well ..u dn pass d stage of cartooon

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Konjour(m): 9:22am On Nov 04, 2013
If it'd result in a vastly noticeable positive difference in terms of Electricity supply in Nigeria, then they should even take two weeks if they need to. However, I doubt anyone would notice any difference whatsoever. I hope I'm made to eat my words though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Brimmie(m): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2013
Alright..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by victorazy(m): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2013
Eclipse of the PHCN grin I luv this country

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by pendusky(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Ruq: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
One week and you're telling us, i feel honoured mtcheeeww.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by psalmdave(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
see them,who dem won form for by announcing this,something that happens regularly cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by spacebus: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2013
to your generators,o naija! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2013
That's like telling a thirsty man he won't be receiving any water.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2013
Oh no!
A week? As in like seven days all over the country? Can't they repair it while the light is still on?
Arrrggh! This is unprofessional.
Or wait, could this be another hand work by the generator cabal?
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by SincereBigot: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2013
Why are they telling us? Or are we not used to darkness already... Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Dpeacemaker101: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2013
OP, so is the FG to be blamed for it,cause your post sounds like the FG has done something wrong. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by free2ryhme: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2013
Ki ni big deal
We 've bin experiencing black out for months
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Lilimax(f): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2013
ceo4eva: It explained further that the shutdown of Afam VI power plant became necessary to allow SPDC inspect and carry out routine maintenance work on the Okoloma natural gas station in Afam, Rivers State, to ensure its technical integrity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by otokx(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2013
Excuses as usual.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Mudash(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2013
Dy jux dy run dr mouth.. Light wey we Ω̴̩̩̩̥Oº°˚ dy b4.. Mk dm prk nd goo.. Jakujaku pple
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by tj4luck(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2013
if it is for the betterment of it gud. when wll it start?
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Mdrill(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2013
Well dayum!

Like we care.. undecided
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by timi4mayo(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2013
We r already used to it
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Anniettieufia(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2013
Is that the effect of the solar eclipse ? .

Anyway
the news is deceptive , because this will not be the first time it occurred ,
And the whole nigerians are not fed by only 400megawatts of electricity.
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by nameo: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2013
Rationing, not blackout. People should learn not to be overtly Alamist. It is not Sexy. The MODS should please Modify the title of the thread

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by austinepreshyus(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2013
Ruq: One week and you're telling us, i feel honoured mtcheeeww.
Abi o! Wen peeps have survived witout power supply 4 months nd years alike? @ least, dey made an announcement. That s encouraging bt d million dollar question is.. will dey continue dis way?
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by kekakuz(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2013
i never get light since last year
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by ziccoit: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2013
How this one a news surprises me. When majority are staying without light for several months. What you see in Abuja, Lagos etc doesn't represent the true state of PHCN in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by austinepreshyus(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2013
Ruq: One week and you're telling us, i feel honoured mtcheeeww.
Abi o! Wen peeps have survived witout power supply 4 months nd years alike? How does this change d price of beans in d mrkt?
@ least, dey made an announcement. That s encouraging bt d million dollar question is.. will dey continue dis way?
Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by iluvweed(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

1 week

Packs bag.....USA here I come

Be back after the black out.... cheesy

WASHING AND SETTING.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Experience A Week Of Blackout by Swiftlee(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2013
Wetin? We have always been in blackout..abeg; I heard a rumour that Asernal are toping the EPL table..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amina Ali Arrives Presidential Villa(Photos) / Unknown Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Station, Shoot Policeman / Cherubim And Seraphim Church Warns Buhari Govt Against ‘arrest Of Peter Obi’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.