Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Vibrating Car Engine: Causes - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibrating Car Engine: Causes (34867 Views)

Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) / Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by michfab: 5:09am On Nov 06, 2013
One of the coils gone bad; check if ur car engine spill on, not necessarily dripping on the floor. Just check if there is oil spill on the engine body

1 Like

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Popoolaoladayo(m): 5:31am On Nov 06, 2013
Nairalanders please help! I have similar problem till date! I have a toyota avensis 2002 model.when d engine is cold and and starts anytime,I experience that vibration! But when I drive f♠я̩̥̊ 6 minutes or when engine is hot the vibration stops! Pls what could be the cause?
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Popoolaoladayo(m): 5:42am On Nov 06, 2013
Frankly no oil spillage! I did changed d injector idle speed mechanism and a coil then and d mechanics checked the injection nozzles and fixed it back.it starts normal and performs fine only that engine cold sickness! Infact I jst camr back from a journey of 430km with it!
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by kenyguy(m): 7:26am On Nov 06, 2013
As a spare parts dealer here I suggest you start with the engine mounting first before any other thing.
Thank You!!!
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by joanpinkie(f): 8:38am On Nov 06, 2013
Have u been in BRT before then u don't need a masage
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Popoolaoladayo(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2013
⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡k⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ thank u all! I will check all this tru my mechanic!
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by DAXTACY(m): 8:57am On Nov 06, 2013
Ya propeller rubber or bolt could be the cause
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by maskid(m): 10:43am On Nov 06, 2013
i had that experience once. the clueless mechanic told me that my Engine was Bad and that i have to buy another engine!!!!

all it took to fix it was to replace the Water Gasket (1,500) which was flat and allowed water to mix with the oil in the engine thereby weakening the Burning of Fuel.

it also happens when ur Plug or nozzle is bad.

e no pass any of these. unless the engine is very very weak.

1 Like

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by phyla(m): 11:35am On Nov 06, 2013
Pls I need help from you guys,I drive a Cheverolet HHR 07/08.Just of recent I found out that when the speed is approaching 40/60 the car sound increases very loud that I hear it when my windows are rolled up.Pls I would apreciate if anyone has an idea what could be wrong or be the cause.Thanks
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Popoolaoladayo(m): 2:27am On Nov 07, 2013
NL I trully apreciate all ur meaningful suggestions about the slight sickness in this jive! Wl act accordingly!
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by spyroxy1(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
following keenly
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by stolenstone: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
I'm so delighted about the prompt responses and suggestions. You guys were very correct! I took it to a good auto mechanic and the culprit was actually the engine seating. i'm getting it fixed. thanks alot for the input. you guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by macdelene(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
stolen stone: I'm so delighted about the prompt responses and suggestions. You guys were very correct! I took it to a good auto mechanic and the culprit was actually the engine seating. i'm getting it fixed. thanks alot for the input. you guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello I got an alert of a mail for u but didn't get d mail. Watsup?
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Popoolaoladayo(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nairalander I trully appreciate all suggestion on my avensis 2002 vibration sickness! I checked all suggestion tru my mechanic,we could not detect any cause of d early ♍ơƦϞĭήǤ vibrations! I then log online †̥☹ know or verify the causes of viration on VVTI engines especially the idle speed mode! Alas we now checked the TW0 OXYGEN SENSORS and behold 'na them spoil'.I jst spent 2,500k.The jive is back and alive.we came †̥☹ Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡. That all VVTI(veritable valve timing based on intelligence) cars are very sensitive †̥☹ issues ℓik this compared †̥☹ EFI(electronic fuel injection)cars whch jst synchronize ℓik that!In toyota it is VVTI and in Honda vehicles it is IVTlECH.they re new generation engines.Log online f♠я̩̥̊ elucidations.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by neneslim(m): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2013
9jacrip: Your engine seats are the culprits.

My car (accord 2004) put me through such.
The a/c in hold up na die - neutral used to save me the embarrassment when riding with girls.
I changed plug taya - platinum to regular etc till someone told me to try shaking the engine and if it moves then my mounts were bad. Changed th mounts/seat and it has been good - check with luvinhubby - if you're in Lagos. He's my supplier of parts I met on Nl
i ve the same problem, weneva i turn on my ac my car vibrate angrily. . .til nw i cnt find any solution cos my mechanic said it gear switch ,anoda said it faulty abs system nd some said its engine seats to be honest wit u am confuse. I jst nid help
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by delaw4u: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2013
Car guru please help,
Please I have not seen your reply 000
My vw passat 03
Auto tranny,1.8t
Issue
When I put the gear to D or R and I press the brake the car vibrate if my foot off the pedal brake it doesn't or when on P or N it does not vibrate also
Please what to check on the car
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by ogogo24(m): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2013
neneslim: i ve the same problem, weneva i turn on my ac my car vibrate angrily. . .til nw i cnt find any solution cos my mechanic said it gear switch ,anoda said it faulty abs system nd some said its engine seats to be honest wit u am confuse. I jst nid help

Thanks guys for this wonderful insight. I used to have this same problem, read through this thread and changed out my engine mount...the one at the back of the engine, closest to the dash board and my car has never been this stable in years!

God bless y'all.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by auhanson(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
michfab: One of the coils gone bad; check if ur car engine spill on, not necessarily dripping on the floor. Just check if there is oil spill on the engine body

@ Michfab, can you throw more light on this? the engine oil spill thing in relation to the coil?
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by hereiam: 8:19am On Sep 04, 2014
@car doctor, pls I need your help....I use Honda accord 1996, it has been giving me lots of issues. the worry some part of it is at idle the car vibrates but stable on motion, the spark plugs are easily soaked making the engine not to work in full capacity. my mechanic has checked it severally it still persist that it got to a point it cannot climb a sloppy and rough ground. we had to push it and it damaged the exhaust. I also noticed the engine was experiencing leakage which I complain to my mechanic, he said its the upper seal. we changed the seal and use one horse engine oil......presently the car is smoking badly....I don't know what to do anymore. the car is embarrassing me. pls help.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by erico2k2(m): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2014
maskid: i had that experience once. the clueless mechanic told me that my Engine was Bad and that i have to buy another engine!!!!

all it took to fix it was to replace the Water Gasket (1,500) which was flat and allowed water to mix with the oil in the engine thereby weakening the Burning of Fuel.

it also happens when ur Plug or nozzle is bad.

e no pass any of these. unless the engine is very very weak.
In this case he would lose water plus Oil
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by erico2k2(m): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2014
hereiam: @car doctor, pls I need your help....I use Honda accord 1996, it has been giving me lots of issues. the worry some part of it is at idle the car vibrates but stable on motion, the spark plugs are easily soaked making the engine not to work in full capacity. my mechanic has checked it severally it still persist that it got to a point it cannot climb a sloppy and rough ground. we had to push it and it damaged the exhaust. I also noticed the engine was experiencing leakage which I complain to my mechanic, he said its the upper seal. we changed the seal and use one horse engine oil......presently the car is smoking badly....I don't know what to do anymore. the car is embarrassing me. pls help.
Do U lose water n Oil?
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by erico2k2(m): 9:48am On Sep 04, 2014
delaw4u: Car guru please help,
My vw passat 03
Auto tranny,1.8t
Issue
When I put the gear to D or R and I press the brake the car vibrate if my foot off the pedal brake it doesn't or when on P or N it does not vibrate also
When in Motion does this happen when U apply the breaks?or just wen the car is idle
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by santakris(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2014
delaw4u: Car guru please help,
My vw passat 03
Auto tranny,1.8t
Issue

Check your engine mount (Engine sit)
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 04, 2014
Popoolaoladayo: ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡k⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ thank u all! I will check all this tru my mechanic!

Pls use normal legible fonts when typing anything in cartalk section. Stop using blackberry's terrible fancy fonts.
Thanks for complying.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by kenmaro: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Popoolaoladayo: Nairalanders please help! I have similar problem till date! I have a toyota avensis 2002 model.when d engine is cold and and starts anytime,I experience that vibration! But when I drive f♠я̩̥̊ 6 minutes or when engine is hot the vibration stops! Pls what could be the cause?

Please, i am having a similar issue like yours. Have you been able to rectify the fault? And what was the cause? Also, can a weak fuel pump with low fuel pressure cause it?
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by hereiam: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
how do you mean water and oil? I don't understand plz
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
hereiam: how do you mean water and oil? I don't understand plz
meant do you have to top water and also top the Oil? ie, short of water and short of Oil?, cos some guys think this is normal
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 15, 2015
2rutalk1:
The Camshaft sensor is malfunctioning. All you need to do is either to clean it or replace it. Camshaft sensor is located below the timing belt. Just do this and you will be saved. Thank you.
. Hi i have 2005 corolla recently my machanic serviced my nozzles and camshaft since them i beging to notice vibration even at my feet wen ever i accelarate. And d exhust soud like it is broken. Please help me out.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 15, 2015
2rutalk1:
The Camshaft sensor is malfunctioning. All you need to do is either to clean it or replace it. Camshaft sensor is located below the timing belt. Just do this and you will be saved. Thank you.
Hi i have 2005 corolla recently my machanic serviced my nozzles and camshaft since them i beging to notice vibration even at my feet wen ever i accelarate. And d exhust soud like it is broken. Please help me out.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Face12: 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
delaw4u:
Car guru please help,
My vw passat 03
Auto tranny,1.8t
Issue

Got exact same issue with d (2004 outlander) bought less than one month old, notice above symptoms when AC is on, when I match breaks very well, vibration reduces immensely... When legs off breaks vibration stops. Mechanic says it's break disc, taking my time to research b4 I start wasting money on wrong diagnostics, aside this, car runs well, water, oil, engine temperature OK...ur advice would be much appreciated.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by campusboy1(m): 1:30am On May 02, 2018
@car doctor, please I used a 2001 rav 4. I recently buy a belgium engine @250k(half engine and top). I have been enjoying it without AC....i fixed up the AC 2weeks ago- that's compressor seal was bad. I discovered that the engine is vibrating seriously when the AC is engaged but less and un noticed when it is loaded at idle but on neutral it is perfectly zero vibration. My mechanic has check for the engine mounts but non is worn out according to him/exhaust on chasis/ but iam still using the spark plugs that followed the engine and I guess it's not a threat cos it is not vibrating except when AC is loaded is like the engine is going to fall out of the car but I noticed that the belt adjuster and timing chain adjuster has worn out! Could it be the possible caused of it. Belt tension is intact....please reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man's Car Submerged By Flood In Benin After First Rainfall Of The Year. Photos / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport / 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.