Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) (1203 Views)

Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by frainc(m): 8:08am On Nov 05, 2013
I believe we must have heard a lot concerning this topic
but some people stil surprise me with their believe on this,

imagine a man saying " the best time for a man to marry is when you are financially balance"

my brother believe that a guy should get marry at the age of 27 and a girl at the age of 24,
but i think a guy can get marry at the age of 30 and a girl at the of 22-23

i know everybody will not accept the above age bracket,
so what is your view on this.
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by drdaniels: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2013
are you blind to the situation in the country. i witnessed a guy sending his wife and kid away claiming he cant afford to feed them. That happened coz he married at the age of 28 with a low income job. For a dude, 32 is still cool once you'r financially stable. But for a lady, once you av your degree and your to-be husband is financially stable, you can go ahead at whatever age.

Naija guys are really running from marriage. Trust me

1 Like

Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by frainc(m): 8:30am On Nov 05, 2013
i got your point
but i believe you can still make your point without "ARE YOU BLIND"

@topic, its only a failure will have excuse for been fail,
sending his family away for not been able to feed them is not an excuse my brother
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by Illuminatus(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Marriage shouldn't be based on age, but maturity. They are quite different. If a girl is twenty and mature for marriage, she could get married. And if a guy is forty and isn't matured for it, he can force himself but it won't be a pleasant experience for himself and the unfortunate lady. Maturity is the overall gauge of self respect, worth, understanding, experience and age. It is more important than wealth and age. So I believe should only get married when they're matured and ready for it.
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by Talius(m): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2013
I believe at the age of 28 a guy should be comfortable enough to settle down, for a girl at 24 u should be thing of settling down so as to have kids fiirst then face ur career later
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by Caseless: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2013
We all don't wanna be seen buying from 'black market(banging girls we're not married to)', we all wanna be seen as married and responsible men and women...but the situation in our country today defines the age and time of marriage for so many people today in our society.
U can imagine a guy/babe at d age of 23-28, older than rihanna, rooney, messi, chris brown, ronaldo or at the same age with these people, still stuck in one university jst because of ASUU strike or spilling(adding xtra years) and stil dependent on what comes from his parents ...If this guy comes out to say "mama, papa, i wan marry", he wil be greeted with resistance. Na there dem go tell u ur age and possibly tel u to ur face that u neva reach time to marry.
*jumps out*
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by dasparrow: 11:25am On Nov 05, 2013
f rain c: I believe we must have heard a lot concerning this topic
but some people stil surprise me with their believe on this,

imagine a man saying " the best time for a man to marry is when you are financially balance"

my brother believe that a guy should get marry at the age of 27 and a girl at the age of 24,
but i think a guy can get marry at the age of 30 and a girl at the of 22-23

i know everybody will not accept the above age bracket,
so what is your view on this.

@Bolded

My view on this is that you should mind your business, live your life as you see fit and stop dictating to others how they should live their lives. People's pace of maturity differs. There are people out there - male and female - who are 35 years old yet act like they are 18 years old. Likewise, there are are 23 year olds who have the maturity level of a 35 year old. It just all depends. Besides, not everyone is cut out for marriage. Some people do better on their own than when they are in a partnership. Others don't have patience, don't know how to forgive or are too childish to be in a serious relationship such as marriage.

Lastly, everyone's destiny is different. Some are meant to marry in their 20s, some in their 30s and some in their 40s and 50s. We cannot question God's destiny and plan for our lives. Once you rush into marriage, be prepared rush out as well. Take your time, pray and seek God's face in regards to your life and allow things to fall in place naturally. My 2 cents.

3 Likes

Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by frainc(m): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
i'm loving the comment you people are putting up here

i don't know if someone else here have notice that some people do believe that age has something to do with maturity when it come to marriage
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by frainc(m): 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
lets comment pls
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by oselenkejoor: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Any age goes, so far the guy is matured enough. Mind u, maturity is not determined by age. I see folks talking about economic situation of the country, that is a faith-less confession. The Bible says "When men say there is a casting down, you shall say there is a lifting up". Its better for you to settel down at 27 than to stay till 35, seeking financial confidence and sleeping with every Nancy, Bisi and kafaya. The dick is a morrafurker, its a beast. But most importantly, marry someone u r sure really loves u, love endureth all things..my kobo.. Lest I forget I dey find wife, any yoruba geh dey for me?
Re: What Age Is The Right Age For Someone To Marry(male And Female) by frainc(m): 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
you pick 27yrs?
i guess that is for the guy
but what about the girl?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good Relationships Take Time / 11 Differences Between Dating A Girl Vs A Woman / Can You Really take such an Insult From Your Male or Female counterpart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.