Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... (7249 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Buhari & Amaechi: The Handshake That Got People Talking(photo) / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
ilugunboy:

Just be prepared to seek asylum or a refuge status in Ivory Coast...

I hope you have been able to secure at least one room in Cotonou. grin grin grin

Better start learning french now 'cos you're going to need it. grin grin
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by PointB: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

Why don't you allow everyone to vote and contest in your Ezendigbo NL contest? Why only those who have identified themselves as Igbo? Afterall, the election takes place in a public forum? I bet you didn't see that coming. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

White supremacists also have websites; do you think that just because you have access to the net your suggestion to them would be adhered to if they knew you were a ni.gga?

Eze Ndi Igbo contest is what it is - a contest, an election. It is NOT proposal or discussion. We never stopped folks like you from observing or suggesting. I bet you didn't see this coming.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
PointB:

Eze Ndi Igbo contest is what it is - a contest, an election. It is NOT proposal or discussion. We never stopped folks like you from observing or suggesting. I bet you didn't see this coming.

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Afam4eva(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
if APC wants to come out with something tangible at the end of the election, they have to present someone who has a followership that will bring them the unexpected numbers. Amaechi does not have the political muscle in his region because the president has colonized that region and nothing tangible can come from him. It will be suicidal for APC to present a VP from the South-South. I also think APC shouldn't present a South-Westerner because the party mostly has it's roots in that region and most people from that region would support and vote for an APC candidate irrespective of the person't ethnicity anyways, so it will be redundant presenting a Fashola for example, no matter how good that combo may look as far as performance is concerned. I think the deal breaker is to use a popular figure in the South-East like Rochas as a VP and it will even get better should Ngige win the governorship race in Anambra. That will mean that Rochas and Ngige will use their influence to sway voters in two of the most important Igbo states thereby taking possibly half of the votes that should have gone to Jonathan. These are words of wisdom. It's left for APC to take it or leave it. This is not the time for experiment because if they fail to beat Jonathan in 2015, they shoould just forget it forever because after Jonathan, presidency will most likely return to the north anyways.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by 9Willywilly: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
ilugunboy:
The way a Christian Southerner President and his Ministers have been looting the treasury like there is no tomorrow
Olukuboy, You are Wrong, our Christian Southern President and his ministers are not looting , rather the are building the country well and blocking the lop holes used in looting our national Coffers.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by phlamy(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
After the first 2 pages, every other page went to the dogs as usual. And its amazing how people just leave threads and dont come back the moment trolls take over. All they do is introduce religion and ethnicity with a lot of gutter language. I so enjoyed the first 2 pages. Thank you
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by cashkidisback1(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
which middle belt?
nassarawa,jos,southern kaduna,benue states.dis ar d states wia buhari kinsmen ie d fulanis ar killin helpless women n children wit impunity
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by PointB: 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
phlamy: After the first 2 pages, every other page went to the dogs as usual. And its amazing how people just leave threads and dont come back the moment trolls take over. All they do is introduce religion and ethnicity with a lot of gutter language. I so enjoyed the first 2 pages. Thank you

Actually religion, ethnicity, and all the gutter language will feature prominently in pre-2015 election. Best you brace yourself.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
Afam4eva: if APC wants to come out with something tangible at the end of the election, they have to present someone who has a followership that will bring them the unexpected numbers. Amaechi does not have the political muscle in his region because the president has colonized that region and nothing tangible can come from him. It will be suicidal for APC to present a VP from the South-South. I also think APC shouldn't present a South-Westerner because the party mostly has it's roots in that region and most people from that region would support and vote for an APC candidate irrespective of the person't ethnicity anyways, so it will be redundant presenting a Fashola for example, no matter how good that combo may look as far as performance is concerned. I think the deal breaker is to use a popular figure in the South-East like Rochas as a VP and it will even get better should Ngige win the governorship race in Anambra. That will mean that Rochas and Ngige will use their influence to sway voters in two of the most important Igbo states thereby taking possibly half of the votes that should have gone to Jonathan. These are words of wisdom. It's left for APC to take it or leave it. This is not the time for experiment because if they fail to beat Jonathan in 2015, they shoould just forget it forever because after Jonathan, presidency will most likely return to the north anyways.
like i said earlier if Apc fails in anambra (looking like it) they just have to forget the south east/SS and go the Buhari/fashola combo, anything contrary is just a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
cashkid_is_back: nassarawa,jos,southern kaduna,benue states.dis ar d states wia buhari kinsmen ie d fulanis ar killin helpless women n children wit impunity
Nassarawa? Apc state, Benue? Acn stronghold (they even have a senator) . i hear you
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
Reading the trajectory of this thread, it's crystal clear that the 2015 elections will be nothing but a referendum on tribal, ethnic and religious loyalties.

That's all.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
like i said earlier if Apc fails in anambra (looking like it) they just have to forget the south east/SS and go the Buhari/fashola combo, anything contrary is just a waste of time.

You are a very intelligent lady. My thought is just like yours. If APC fails to win the Anambra election, then we have to look at Buhari/Fashola combo. That is still a winning formular.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
HNosegbe: Reading the trajectory of this thread, it's crystal clear that the 2015 elections will be nothing but a referendum on tribal, ethnic and religious loyalties.

That's all.

That is Nigeria since 1956. Only pretenders say otherwise.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by cashkidisback1(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
Nassarawa? Apc state, Benue? Acn stronghold (they even have a senator) . i hear you
dt their ar apc states does nt guarantee buhari their votes..imo is an apc state bt dt does nt mean dt buhari wil win in imo state.evn in lagos state wic is an apc state,buhari wil loose.under buhari,apc wil neva smell aso rock bt under a different candidate lik rochas or fashola apc may win.dts wat am tryin to say
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by cashkidisback1(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
HNosegbe: Reading the trajectory of this thread, it's crystal clear that the 2015 elections will be nothing but a referendum on tribal, ethnic and religious loyalties.

That's all.
before nko,is everytin in nig nt based on ethnicity n religion
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
cashkid_is_back: dt their ar apc states does nt guarantee buhari their votes..imo is an apc state bt dt does nt mean dt buhari wil win in imo state.evn in lagos state wic is an apc state,buhari wil loose.under buhari,apc wil neva smell aso rock bt under a different candidate lik rochas or fashola apc may win.dts wat am tryin to say

Buhari will win the same states he won 2011. The election will see some changes in the southwest. A Buhari/Fashola ticket is a non starter for many Christians in the southwest. Pretend all you want in nairaland, that is the simple truth.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by cashkidisback1(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Buhari will win the same states he won 2011. The election will see some changes in the southwest. A Buhari/Fashola ticket is a non starter for many Christians in the southwest. Pretend all you want in nairaland, that is the simple truth.
hw many states did buhari win election in d south..in d SE none
SS none
SW nt sure bt he did nt win in lagos evnw wit a yoruba man as his runnin mate.mark my words,apc wil loose woefully under buhari as their candidate in 2015
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Keep consoling yourself.

Do I need to spell out the obvious to you? Fashola on the ticket will bring out Yoruba enmass.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
cashkid_is_back: before nko,is everytin in nig nt based on ethnicity n religion

Yes, the only region in Nigeria that was different was the southsouth. The North supporter Shagari and Waziri, The west Awo, The east Zik and the southsouth of today supported, Awo, Zik, Shagari.With Shagari having the upper hand.

Before 79, it west awo, east Zik,North belewa and midwest belewa. Today the southsouth has Jonah, and their support is going to him.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Vock(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
ilugunboy:

Such sensitizing will only resonate with SE only....

For every reason you bring against Buhari....we will bring out 10 against JONATHAN.

Wa gbayi.. Solid point there
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by yomexp(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
mayday! mayday!!
kids invading the thread!

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2013

That's all.
You should notice that those playing the ethnic card are on the pdp side, it is called divide and rule
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

Keep consoling yourself.

Do I need to spell out the obvious to you? Fashola on the ticket will bring out Yoruba enmass.

I don't like speculation, even Awo did not surpass 60% in yorubaland, talk less of fashola. The level of angst in the yoruba christian community, will be on full display come 2015.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Afam4eva(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
You should notice that those playing the ethnic card are on the pdp side, it is called divide and rule
So, why's APC not presenting Fashola? Is Buhari more qualified than Fashola? It seems to me that it's APC that using the regional sentiments to field a candidate in the forthcoming election.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by jmaine: 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
The easiest victory for GEJ is propping up Buhari as his competition . . . . grin

Please give us Buhari with anybody and the rest will be history easy
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
9Willywilly:
Olukuboy, You are Wrong, our Christian Southern President and his ministers are not looting , rather the are building the country well and blocking the lop holes used in looting our national Coffers.
Odoyo.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, why's APC not presenting Fashola? Is Buhari more qualified than Fashola? It seems to me that it's APC that using the regional sentiments to field a candidate in the forthcoming election.
election is about numbers and that Buhari has got. Who ever packs the numbers gets elected be it primaries or otherwise. Did acn feild ribadu for regional sentiments in 2011?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
election is about numbers and that Buhari has got. Who ever packs the numbers gets elected be it primaries or otherwise. Did acn feild ribadu for regional sentiments in 2011?

Good question in your last statement.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by lertee(f): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

CPC and ACN fielded separate candidates the last time. Now CPC and ACN are one.
Oh no wonder,but is bakare now out of politics or he is now with APC as well? I don't hear much about him these days.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
cashkid_is_back: dt their ar apc states does nt guarantee buhari their votes..imo is an apc state bt dt does nt mean dt buhari wil win in imo state.evn in lagos state wic is an apc state,buhari wil loose.under buhari,apc wil neva smell aso rock bt under a different candidate lik rochas or fashola apc may win.dts wat am tryin to say

Exactly!!! Is it the birthright of the hausa/fulani to rule? What is all this pls? Why can APC not present Rochas or Fashola as presidential candidate and then a hausa/fulani as vice?

Who is born to "siddon loo" for heaven's sake?

Nawaoooo!
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
Afam4eva: if APC wants to come out with something tangible at the end of the election, they have to present someone who has a followership that will bring them the unexpected numbers. Amaechi does not have the political muscle in his region because the president has colonized that region and nothing tangible can come from him. It will be suicidal for APC to present a VP from the South-South. I also think APC shouldn't present a South-Westerner because the party mostly has it's roots in that region and most people from that region would support and vote for an APC candidate irrespective of the person't ethnicity anyways, so it will be redundant presenting a Fashola for example, no matter how good that combo may look as far as performance is concerned. I think the deal breaker is to use a popular figure in the South-East like Rochas as a VP and it will even get better should Ngige win the governorship race in Anambra. That will mean that Rochas and Ngige will use their influence to sway voters in two of the most important Igbo states thereby taking possibly half of the votes that should have gone to Jonathan. These are words of wisdom. It's left for APC to take it or leave it. This is not the time for experiment because if they fail to beat Jonathan in 2015, they shoould just forget it forever because after Jonathan, presidency will most likely return to the north anyways.

Your premise is completely FLAWED when you emphasis getting the office and relegate the track record and performance of the office holder to the background! This is why the country is not moving forward! I would rather have an unknown person as president who would create an environment like the one I live in the West rather than someone from my family who will keep Nigeria the way it is or unable to make any changes, can you do the same? Clearly not because you are here advocating Rochas (just say you want Ibo close to the presidential office or as president) but note that your wish does not and can never translate to that of the majority! In my opinion, Ibos will NOT vote for anybody else except GEJ and they've said that over and over again, why do you insist on pretending that we don't know that?

A solid strategy is for the APC to field someone who has the will, track records and courage to change Nigeria, not a ball-less president and people like Buhari and Fashola have shown that so far! Their records speak for them very loudly! Going to choose a candidate from the SE or anywhere who will continue the unprogressive policies you people have complained about so many times is downright reprehensible! Those two choices already guarantee approximately 2/3 of the entire population of Nigeria and then, they can move out to contest for votes in Iboland, SS and MN by selling their policies and manifestos, maybe they will get another 10 - 15% not the gambling approach you so mentioned! Let Ibos prove they can rise above parochial sentiments by not voting 99% for a GEJ who is yet to do anything for the 99.99% of the ordinary ibos in iboland as appointment of Ihejirika, Iweala, Oduah, etc will do nothing for the ordinary ibos! When a change of government happens, they will all be replaced but a change of government will not remove the roads and infrastructure which the ordinary ibo man can use to improve his or her business and maybe develop further to attract more people or investment! People care about having enough to eat, a decent place to sleep, good clothes to wear, peace and a happy life and whatever party or leader brings that is far more profitable than a leader from your clan who does not do anything for his people! Let Ibos first show that they will not follow a GEJ or any leader blindly but someone who can be accountable and who will put the people's interest first and then the rest of Nigeria can trust them with leadership in 4 years! Should they continue the way they have been going about it, note that GEJ will get only a maximum of another 4 years and after that, what can Ibos expect? Truth is Yar'adua's death truncated the "slot" of the north and leadership will most likely return there and then after 8 years, they pay you back in the same coin by supporting everyone else except Ibos who refuse to see beyond their noses! A word is enough for the wise!

6 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:

How come the numbers eluded him in his previous 3 attempts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IMF Lauds Sanusi, Okonjo-iweala For Strength Of Nigeria’s Economy In 2013 / LASG Threaten To Shut Clubs That Allow Drugs, Firearms, Collaborates With NDLEA / Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.