Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,733 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" (20058 Views)

15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication / Hospital Suspends Male Nurse For Injecting Gej’s Supporter Un-prescribed Drugs / Medication For Vaginal Itching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
Raymondenyi:

Shut up young maan, do not sspill trash that u don'tknow, n do not aact like the foolish, babrbaric n ignorant relatives, did u even read the post?

The laady had a terminal illness(liver failuree) n 4 ur information cases of CLD(chronic liver disease) has a very bleak prognosis! Peopple almost never survives it, n to add salt to injury, the lady in question has been in a "faith based home" (meaning she has been in those ur hopeless dubious churches,for months being milked of d little dey had) nd when d situation was outta control dey saw d need 2 rush to d hospital,just a day pprior to her pass- on expecting a miracle... That dia "faith based home" couldn't perform....

Young man it won't cause u anything to take ur tym read n comprehend! N not spewing trash n displaying ur foolery on a public forum. Thank you...

I do apologise for saying this but you are an absolute nincompoop.

1 Like

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by FOLLEY20(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
talktimi: There is precedence, though i dont condone jungle justice or barbaric behavior of any kind but many of our doctors and nurses have been known to administer wrong drugs leading to fatalities. Ive personally lost a sibling in such a way.
It is true at times. I had witnessed similar thing. After making their errors, they will make sure they give it "a defending horrible name" to cover up & then shift the whole blame on the victim & his/her relatives.

1 Like

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by ziccoit: 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
If the hospital had rejected the patient in the first instant; people would have been saying the health workers are insensitive.
If the Nurse had delayed in doing the needful; people would have said the patient died due to the negligence.
The culprit here, like in other similar cases, was the pastor of faith home that has turned himself to a Dr wherein he was clueless. These pastors kill people than anything in this country. They help many ailment to go complicated and push to a Dr when the Dr is not a magician.
Do you ever wonder why a teaching hosp record high mortality rate? They see lots of complicated cases.
The relatives should go and beat up their pastor, not the nurses, for killing their kinsman.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bitojoe: [/quote]

The lord will not rebuke me! Young man! U know why? Cause I am a fervent child of god! N I serve n worship him! Buh most times the ignorant ones, like urself, tend to abuse christainity n wat its meant to be.[quote author=DanNafada]

I do apologise for saying this but you are an absolute nincompoop.
Tnk u sire, if saying d truth meks me dat! No wahala
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nicepoker(m): 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
They bill u and kill u wit pills

1 Like

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
With this topic I can humbly conclude that Dominique is against the health professionals especially nurses.
Stop using misleading and unconnected headlines to draw traffic. It is so wrong. Post it as you see it , honestly, I've never seen a post from Nland that encourages them rather you will see demeaning topics.

2 Likes

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by prettyprettywow: 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dr young: With this topic I can humbly conclude that Dominique is against the health professionals especially nurses.
Stop using misleading and unconnected headlines to draw traffic. It is so wrong. Post it as you see it , honestly, I've never seen a post from Nland that encourages them rather you will see demeaning topics.
am really disappointed in the dominque of a person. her pure hatred for nurses is so glaring. moderator indeed.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by dominique(f): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dr young: With this topic I can humbly conclude that Dominique is against the health professionals especially nurses.

Excuse me? So making a comment that's more or less a general opinion means I'm against healthcare professionals? Do you want me to dig up the thread of terrible experiences peiple had in public hospitals? I won't do that beacuse I don't want to derail this thread. I'll say this tho, if you work in a government hospital, make sure you teach your nurses to be more professional and less rude.

1 Like

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
A
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
A general opinion which you keep forcing down the throats of the general public because you have the means of doing it. It won't solve anything to dig anything up. A motivating thread that encourages rather than demeaning ones would've been much better at least now most Nigerians has access to the internet. It will motivate people to work harder to uplift the public image of their various professions in this country.
News of amazing feats achieved, delivering babies and conducting surgeries without electricity, saving accident victims, donating blood, working under duress with guns pointed at your parietal lobe, medical outreach and so much more. They abound, take a pick please.
Suspected Medical negligence should not be a sensational news. IMO

3 Likes

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Phder: Suing her would have been more civil.
i told u once, u had no brain.
Read the article again, then come back to comment!!
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Phder:
Reading this makes me wonder why some people choose not to make use of their brain. Very annoying, you should go and learn from ants.
u are d one not using ur brain MR, re-read d post.
Wrong medication is in quotes!!
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
#me@:

i told u once, u had no brain.
Read the article again, then come back to comment!!
When you have a crush on someone, be courageous and tell them, I would appreciate that rather than you abusing me on every thread. Ok? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Samgreguc(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
talktimi: There is precedence, though i dont condone jungle justice or barbaric behavior of any kind but many of our doctors and nurses have been known to administer wrong drugs leading to fatalities. Ive personally lost a sibling in such a way.
don't mind dem! They hate pharmacist
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by tunesoft(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
It's obvious that nigerians is so ignorant and choose to be...even d educated ones...nd the little that get to acquire some knowledge as regards other fields...choose to do so nd and still act dumb....
Pls if what that patient had was CLDX there is no hiding under anywhere, the patient unfortunately is a gonner...except u dey Yankee or India where u fit get liver transplant...no Hope. so wats d fuss about an injection dat killed d patients....
By d way...there is little or no injection like dat...except the so called nurse set out to kuukuuma kill d patient that will knock the patient out just like dat....mayb d nurse was blind sha...
My point is....pls, let's try nd be civil. yes I agree health professionals do make mistakes (buh occurs mostly with dem fake nurses nd docs sef)....just like person get brain cancer nd u say na paracetamol inj wey nurse give na hin kill am...d nurse na winchhhh? shooo....abeg jaareee
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
#me@:

u are d one not using ur brain MR, re-read d post.
Wrong medication is in quotes!!
C'mon stop this s.hh.it ok? I wasn't even referring to you, despite the fact that what the guy wrote is bulls..hh.it, he couldn't even defend himself, shey you're his spokesPerson ni? Stop being an a.s..s pls.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Samgreguc(m): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
olatiler: My brothers pls let not blame the relative that took action and let hear their own side b4 judging them cos we all no that Nigeria official are good in cooking false evident in order to look like innocent and gain sympaty from public, though am saying this based on my past experience
true talk!
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Incrizz(f): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Raymondenyi:

Shut up young maan, do not sspill trash that u don'tknow, n do not aact like the foolish, babrbaric n ignorant relatives, did u even read the post?

The laady had a terminal illness(liver failuree) n 4 ur information cases of CLD(chronic liver disease) has a very bleak prognosis! Peopple almost never survives it, n to add salt to injury, the lady in question has been in a "faith based home" (meaning she has been in those ur hopeless dubious churches,for months being milked of d little dey had) nd when d situation was outta control dey saw d need 2 rush to d hospital,just a day pprior to her pass- on expecting a miracle... That dia "faith based home" couldn't perform....

Young man it won't cause u anything to take ur tym read n comprehend! N not spewing trash n displaying ur foolery on a public forum. Thank you...

Hm!

I have been to that hospital and only Jesus, saved me.

I had gone to one of their staff's chemist to buy Artesunate but it was out of stock.
She recommended CAMOQUIN (Some peeps later told me that, that is their best drug against malaria) to me.

Against my better judgement, I bought it and swallowed it with water.

Moments later, I was choking and fighting to breathe.

A friend, thank God, came in at that point and got my lungs working again by pumping at my chest (pressing it down & releasing with two hands) and also doing the mouth-to_mouth resuscitation. This continued till I got to that hospital.

When the two friends of mine left me alone with the nurse, a male, to go get the whatever it is they were supposed to get as directed by the nurse, my lungs tightened once again and I began to fight for air.

The nurse saw me fighting and stood there looking.

With all the energy I could muster, I screamed, "pump my chest!!!" (He had seen my friend do it when we had just got there).He didn't bulge.

I was dying right before my own eyes grin
I tried to grab his trouser to pull him closer but I couldn't.

I tried pumping it myself, I couldn't, as I was lying flat on my back.
Just then..hallelujah..just then my friend walked in. She rushed at me and began to pump.

So here I am sharing my testimony on Nairaland.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by talktimi(m): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Some years back, a friend of mine's pregnant elder sister suddenly had a violent fit of cough at night so her mother had to rush her to the hospital (BMH port harcourt). When they got there, the dr on duty calmly walked past them saying there's "no bed" the mother was pleading that she would lay a wrapper on the floor but that the dr should pls administer first aid. The dr scornfully refused, walked to her car and drove off at that mid night and without administering first aid. The mother managed to bring her home that night with the intention of taking her to UPTH or any private clinic by day break but the lady died before 6am just because a dr refused to attend to her.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
talktimi: Some years back, a friend of mine's pregnant elder sister suddenly had a violent fit of cough at night so her mother had to rush her to the hospital (BMH port harcourt). When they got there, the dr on duty calmly walked past them saying there's "no bed" the mother was pleading that she would lay a wrapper on the floor but that the dr should pls administer first aid. The dr scornfully refused, walked to her car and drove off at that mid night and without administering first aid. The mother managed to bring her home that night with the intention of taking her to UPTH or any private clinic by day break but the lady died before 6am just because a dr refused to attend to her.
cant believe this! ;( ;(
karma is real sha!
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
why wont they administer wrong drugs, when they are taking up the job of a pharm? Smh for them.... This is just the beginning.... Let the pharm do their job..

1 Like

Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by thorpido(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
talktimi: Some years back, a friend of mine's pregnant elder sister suddenly had a violent fit of cough at night so her mother had to rush her to the hospital (BMH port harcourt). When they got there, the dr on duty calmly walked past them saying there's "no bed" the mother was pleading that she would lay a wrapper on the floor but that the dr should pls administer first aid. The dr scornfully refused, walked to her car and drove off at that mid night and without administering first aid. The mother managed to bring her home that night with the intention of taking her to UPTH or any private clinic by day break but the lady died before 6am just because a dr refused to attend to her.
Hmmmm.I find this hard to believe.Are u sure this was what really transpired?
It's possible for a hospital to reject a patient.There are some patients brought in as bad cases and some hospitals will not accept.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Samgreguc(m): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
Incrizz:

Hm!

I have been to that hospital and only Jesus, saved me.

I had gone to one of their staff's chemist to buy Artesunate but it was out of stock.
She recommended CAMOQUIN (Some peeps later told me that, that is their best drug against malaria) to me.

Against my better judgement, I bought it and swallowed it with water.

Moments later, I was choking and fighting to breathe.

A friend, thank God, came in at that point and got my lungs working again by pumping at my chest (pressing it down & releasing with two hands) and also doing the mouth-to_mouth resuscitation. This continued till I got to that hospital.

When the two friends of mine left me alone with the nurse, a male, to go get the whatever it is they were supposed to get as directed by the nurse, my lungs tightened once again and I began to fight for air.

The nurse saw me fighting and stood there looking.

With all the energy I could muster, I screamed, "pump my chest!!!" (He had seen my friend do it when we had just got there).He didn't bulge.

I was dying right before my own eyes grin
I tried to grab his trouser to pull him closer but I couldn't.

I tried pumping it myself, I couldn't, as I was lying flat on my back.
Just then..hallelujah..just then my friend walked in. She rushed at me and began to pump.

So here I am sharing my testimony on Nairaland.
thank God for ur life o, bt, are u sure its true? If true, maybe the nurse was inexperienced cos experience matters alot in the health profession.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Samgreguc(m): 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
eihyaaa.... Seems unbelievable of a doctor, though dr Joshua can do such.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by talktimi(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
thorpido: Hmmmm.I find this hard to believe.Are u sure this was what really transpired?
It's possible for a hospital to reject a patient.There are some patients brought in as bad cases and some hospitals will not accept.
i wont gain anything by lying. This is a family i knw very well since i and the brother are close
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by texazzpete(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
dominique:

Excuse me? So making a comment that's more or less a general opinion means I'm against healthcare professionals? Do you want me to dig up the thread of terrible experiences peiple had in public hospitals? I won't do that beacuse I don't want to derail this thread. I'll say this tho, if you work in a government hospital, make sure you teach your nurses to be more professional and less rude.

There are terrible nurses. it doesn't mean that ALL or MOST nurses are terrible. If you think it's a 'general opinion', revise it.
I could regale you with tales of bad tailors, mechanics, Pastors, drivers, mothers, fathers...it doesn't mean ALL or MOST are terrible.
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Incrizz(f): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Samgreguc:
thank God for ur life o, bt, are u sure its true? If true, maybe the nurse was inexperienced cos experience matters alot in the health profession.
Thank God.
Inexperience maybe, 'don't know.
He later came in after I was stable on oxygen to share a religious magazine. He handed them to my friend as I kept giving him the disbelieving look. Maybe "too holy to be defiled."
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by talktimi(m): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tommybob: why wont they administer wrong drugs, when they are taking up the job of a pharm? Smh for them.... This is just the beginning.... Let the pharm do their job..
Unfortunately, Nigerian hospitals are now a sham (mostly) though there are some pretty good doctors & nurses
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Incrizz(f): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
talktimi: The mother managed to bring her home that night with the intention of taking her to UPTH or any private clinic by day break but the lady died before 6am just because a dr refused to attend to her.
cry
Re: Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" by Incrizz(f): 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Samgreguc:
eihyaaa.... Seems unbelievable of a doctor, though dr Joshua can do such.
Who's Dr Joshua?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Naturally Get Pink Lips. / COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner / 162 New COVID-19 Cases, 176 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 5 - (1557 Tested))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.