Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility (1942 Views)

We Lost A Relationship To Genotype Incompatibility. Check Urs b4 U Go Serious!!! / I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance / My Marriage Crash Becos Of Incompatibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Timijo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Me and my loving, caring, beautiful and generous fiancee have decided to end the long time relationship because of our genotype incompatibility. Although, it hurts to say goodbye to a lady who is the dream of every man to have as a wife; but I just have to let go.
We found out that we are both AS, and we all know the implication of this. We would not want to take any risk in the name of love. We just have to end the relationship peacfully. Oh! This is very painful. Can I ever meet someone like her again? If I have the power to change this, I would have done that without hesitation. But God have reason(s) for everything that He does.

1 Like

Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by chichi820(f): 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
hummmmmmm this is serious oh, God will help us all sorry about that dear cry
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sorry my bro
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Ladybianca(f): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
@op sorry,... a friend of mine also lost a relatnship of 2 yrs to this same issue.....pls o, to the guys wen asking d gal out, asking after her genotype shud b one of questns u shud ask her wen gettn to knw each other more to avoid all dis hrt brks (and dis applies to d gals too)
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by pasqal09: 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
OP, its a hard decision to make yes, but its for the greater good.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
its lovely to see a couple who think with their brain instead of their so called hearts... U've made d best decision, may God bring someone even better to both your ways soon...
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Timijo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ladybianca: @op sorry,... a friend of mine also lost a relatnship of 2 yrs to this same issue.....pls o, to the guys wen asking d gal out, asking after her genotype shud b one of questns u shud ask her wen gettn to knw each other more to avoid all dis hrt brks (and dis applies to d gals too)
I tried to find out about her genotype after few weeks of meeting but she told me that the one she did when she was in the school proved AA. But when she did another one at a recognized hospital it revealed that she is AS.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Godmother(f): 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ OP

There is a test you can run to determine the genotype of a baby while still in the womb. I don't know the name of the test, but it doesn't seem to be so popular. I have a friend who is AS and got married to her AS boyfriend. When she took in they ran the test and when the baby's genotype was discovered to be SS they did a blood transfussion. The whole process is deathly expensive and normally I would just advise AS couples to path ways. I just dropped this so people know there is still an option and decide what they want to do.

My friend and her baby are healthy by the way
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by demelza: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Godmother: @ OP

There is a test you can run to determine the genotype of a baby while still in the womb. I don't know the name of the test, but it doesn't seem to be so popular. I have a friend who is AS and got married to her AS boyfriend. When she took in they ran the test and when the baby's genotype was discovered to be SS they did a blood transfussion. The whole process is deathly expensive and normally I would just advise AS couples to path ways. I just dropped this so people know there is still an option and decide what they want to do.

My friend and her baby are healthy by the way
What if the baby turns out to be SS? Does that mean abortion?
Op you did the right thing. It is definitely well.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Godmother(f): 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
^^ You do a blood transfusion. Its what my friend did cos her baby was SS. But the process is really expensive. I don't know if this technique is in Nigeria sha cos she's in the US
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by baralatie(m): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
@op!Take heart!it is jst beta this way.tho it hurts.had fellow who had a girl child (ss)it was no joke!jst take heart
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
undecided...
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by lomaxx: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
You took the decision. Move on. You live to love , and not the other way round.

Meanwhile, an advise to you all out there. Once you start liking that guy/girl, it wouldn't hurt to ask about their genotype before feelings starts to get serious. We will have one less person to blame God for consequences.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by sexymoma(f): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Op you've made the difficult right decision.. May you find the bone of your bone and the flesh of your flesh cry
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by lomaxx: 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Godmother: ^^ You do a blood transfusion. Its what my friend did cos her baby was SS. But the process is really expensive. I don't know if this technique is in Nigeria sha cos she's in the US

Did you mean to say allogeneic haemopoietic bone marrow transplant? It's curative but the risks associated with the procedure are quite enormous. Not to talk of the cost.

Optimal approach to these things is not to get involved from the onset. No one should bring a child into this world to suffer.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Ladybianca(f): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote
author=Timijo]I tried to find out about her genotype after few weeks of
meeting but she told me that the one she did when she was in the school
proved AA. But when she did another one at a recognized hospital it
revealed that she is AS. [/quote]

too bad, sorry dear........I'm an AS too, xo i make sure i dnt go into a serious relationship with anyone who is like me (AS)
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
*sobs*op,take heart oo*crying*i hope u find sum1 lyk ha....so painful
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Timijo(m): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
I appreciated everyone who has comforted me, may the good Lord give u ur heart desire.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Wazoblog(m): 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
well..im a medical laboratory scientist...according to my practise...we can always advise...we do not decide for couples concerning genotyp incompatibility. Consequently, we have had couples who still went ahead and thank God...they still had normal children without d genetic disease. U can have all children to be AA,AS, or even SS. Prenatal diagnosis is also an option to find out d foetal genotype using d foetal red cells. So...it is your choice. Good day...www.wazobiablog.com
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by addictiv(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
There re 3 questions I never fail to ask any lady I am getting close to.
1.....whats your name?
2.....where re you from
3.....whats your genotype
But it isnt fair why does AS get one way ticket but AA gets an additional return ticket.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 07, 2013
Timijo: I tried to find out about her genotype after few weeks of meeting but she told me that the one she did when she was in the school proved AA. But when she did another one at a recognized hospital it revealed that she is AS.

Have her take a third test. Hospitals can get it wrong too.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Coldfaya(m): 3:50am On Nov 07, 2013
ogugua88:

Have her take a third test. Hospitals can get it wrong too.

Ogugua any need opening nursing n healing wounds?
Dude u made d hardest but best decision. Shows u love her n ur unborn kids enough not to put dem thru dat challenge in future.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Nobody: 4:02am On Nov 07, 2013
Cold faya: Ogugua any need opening nursing n healing wounds?
Dude u made d hardest but best decision. Shows u love her n ur unborn kids enough not to put dem thru dat challenge in future.

One test shows AA and another shows AS. Personally, I'd take a third to be sure.

1 Like

Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Mamacita007(f): 4:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Eya thats the best decision. still remain good friends

1 Like

Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Coldfaya(m): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2013
ogugua88:

One test shows AA and another shows AS. Personally, I'd take a third to be sure.

Well u v a good point there tho.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by angelTI(f): 8:10am On Nov 07, 2013
OP, pele. I was once in your shoes sometimes ago, so I understand how it feels. Just TAKE TIME TO HEAL!
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by Exponental(m): 8:18am On Nov 07, 2013
Good decisions! May d good Lord bless both of u n grant u life companions.
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by EzePromoe: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2013
Wow.
Dumbfounded.
Maybe what should be done is, men falling in love with a ladies, and then asking for their genotypes alongside their numbers and addresses undecided
Re: We Are Breaking Up B'cos Of Genotype Incompatibility by addictiv(m): 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
Eze Promoe: Wow.
Dumbfounded.
Maybe what should be done is, men falling in love with a ladies, and then asking for their genotypes alongside their numbers and addresses undecided
Very important. .....would try it someday.....nne wats your genotype? .....bet she ll assume that I am a vampire on a scavenger hunt.

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion On This Pls / Advantages Of Not Having A Bf/gf / 10 Obvious Ways Men Flirt That Women Don't Notice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.