Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport (4986 Views)

Anambra Attracts $1.65bn Investments As Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project / Nigerian Aviation: Between Stella Oduah And Aluu 4 / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by hercules07: 12:29am On Nov 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Approximately $1.8 billion was spent on remodelling 15 airports including MMA Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Is there a site I can go to for the breakdown of the cost? That is a huge amount to spend on airport renovation, but, I will like to delve deep into the cost before I make further comment.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by eye4eye: 12:29am On Nov 07, 2013
God job by Stellah Oduah. This is what she is expected to do as Aviation Minister. She should also focus more on security aspect of aviation sector. Our planes are flying coffins. Local Airlines are experiencing lack of business from customers these days due to fear of plane crash.

The good pictures can't change the fact that those armoured BMWs were bought at inflated cost. Those BMWs are still no where to be found. I doubt how she escapes being relieved of her job. But with Jonathan, there is no punishment for corruption as long as you support his second term bid...........

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 07, 2013
Hold on a minute, Which Trolleys are you talking about...? Aren't they the ones you need to pay N1000 before you can use one.? whereas other countries are free of Charge to make use of one...? And yes the International Terminal still lacks proper care, sick and stuffy Air around the place can choke an Asthmatic Patient, the face of the Tiles that were used in the remodeling have died off and looks more like what were never changed, the Carousels are not always functional, as a matter of fact they are not functional, Arrival Desk still looks like shit and most of the Security Checks are more Manual than Automatic (I am not talking about baggage scanning), the days of pulling of shoes through security checks are long forgone, but yet we still practice it in Nigeria, there is a Motion Automatic Checking Techniques that can be used while passengers are moving towards departure Immigration desk, but Nigeria Immigration will rather search you with their hands head to toe, some will even grab you bros below all in the name of security checks, these are embarrassment to this Country, i am not for or Against any Minister or whosoever, What i am against is the Failure in Nigeria as a whole, so if you have anything against this piece, you should understand that i am in no way writing this because of Mrs Oduah or GEJ being good or bad.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 07, 2013
hercules07:

Is there a site I can go to for the breakdown of the cost? That is a huge amount to spend on airport renovation, but, I will like to delve deep into the cost before I make further comment.

Remodeling. Not ''renovation''.

Big difference.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by 9Willywilly: 12:52am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk: Hold on a minute, Which Trolleys are you talking about...? Aren't they the ones you need to pay N1000 before you can use one.? whereas other countries are free of Charge to make use of one...? .
You are a big man, N1000 is not that much for you to pay , must you have every thing for free, the money will help in running the cost of keeping that place clean.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 07, 2013
9Willywilly:
You are a big man, N1000 is not that much for you to pay , must you have every thing for free, the money will help in running the cost of keeping that place clean.

I am not talking about me, but asking a foreigner who just got into the Country to pay N1000 before making use of a common trolley is an embarrassment, because other places, those things are free... must we use everything as source of funding.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by 9Willywilly: 1:00am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:
I am not talking about me, but asking a foreigner who just got into the Country to pay N1000 before making use of a common trolley is an embarrassment, because other places, those things are free... must we use everything as source of funding.
If they come to Nigeria they have to abide by the system. paying the N1000 is part of how the management are generating fund to keep the airport clean.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by IGBOSON1: 1:07am On Nov 07, 2013
ROSSIKE: ^^Dude, the pics posted on this thread are of the MAIN TERMINAL OF MMA as lately remodelled, not the domestic terminal.

^^^Well dude!.......it said where i uploaded the pic from (skyscrapercity.com) that it's Terminal-1 (domestic), so don't blame me!

Pics attached are of the renovated Yola Airport!

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by IGBOSON1: 1:09am On Nov 07, 2013
More:

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 07, 2013
9Willywilly:
If they come to Nigeria they have to abide by the system. paying the N1000 is part of how the management are generating fund to keep the airport clean.

Seriously..? How about the Huge Tax on every air ticket...?
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by IGBOSON1: 1:11am On Nov 07, 2013
hercules07:

^^^I'm interested to know how the $1.8 Billion was arrived at as well........i don't think it's up to that amount.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by hercules07: 1:11am On Nov 07, 2013
I feel a new terminal should be built, the MMIA needs to be rebuilt from scratch, it is going to be profitable.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by IGBOSON1: 1:13am On Nov 07, 2013
The finishing of the Yola Airport is much better than that of Enugu.....and it looks more spacious and less cluttered up too!
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 07, 2013
And this post will never make front page. MOD put this one on the front page, prove to NLDers that you're not biased in your selections.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by PapaBrowne(m): 2:05am On Nov 07, 2013
To think that this is just one out of 22 that she is working on.
To think that 5 brand new terminals are in the process of being built.
To think that all these have been done in a space of 2 years by just one person where about 20 others failed In 40 years.

And to think that the non performing ministers have been spared while the performers have been attacked.

It's just sad. We are all culprits. We are all victims blinded by unfounded hate. Kind of like a doctor who is sick. Sad.

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by manny4life(m): 3:33am On Nov 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Approximately $1.8 billion was spent on remodelling 15 airports including MMA Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Isn't that amount too high considering that our budget is about $31.5billion?

Personally I think that amount is on the high side, I sincerely doubt the Aviation ministry receive up to that amount.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by WarriPikin1: 3:43am On Nov 07, 2013
manchy7531:
Wa ooo enemies of Stella Oduah won't see good in their life, cos they hate progress

Some Nigerians are worse than the devil.
It is a shame some Nigerians want the nation to collapse just to make a political point.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 07, 2013
hercules07: I feel a new terminal should be built, the MMIA needs to be rebuilt from scratch, it is going to be profitable.
Contracts for 6 brand new terminals in the country including one at MMA have been awarded.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Abagworo(m): 4:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Here in Port Harcourt, nothing is happening. People have really suffered waiting for flights under hot batchers.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by eaglechild: 6:23am On Nov 07, 2013
Abagworo: Here in Port Harcourt, nothing is happening. People have really suffered waiting for flights under hot batchers.
Perhaps you have no idea of the previous state of that airport for you to say such.
A lot is happening.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2013
I'm still waiting to see if this page will hit the FP. I've never been tribalistic but perhaps I'd see if NLD MODs are unbiased in their selection or they are politically motivated to post only everything anti-stella.

Still watching.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by IAMBREEZY: 6:48am On Nov 07, 2013
She did well.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 07, 2013
I totally disagree with u o.. Oga.. Pulling of shoes is still dat way In Heathrow.
eddiebruk: Hold on a minute, Which Trolleys are you talking about...? Aren't they the ones you need to pay N1000 before you can use one.? whereas other countries are free of Charge to make use of one...? And yes the International Terminal still lacks proper care, sick and stuffy Air around the place can choke an Asthmatic Patient, the face of the Tiles that were used in the remodeling have died off and looks more like what were never changed, the Carousels are not always functional, as a matter of fact they are not functional, Arrival Desk still looks like shit and most of the Security Checks are more Manual than Automatic (I am not talking about baggage scanning), the days of pulling of shoes through security checks are long forgone, but yet we still practice it in Nigeria, there is a Motion Automatic Checking Techniques that can be used while passengers are moving towards departure Immigration desk, but Nigeria Immigration will rather search you with their hands head to toe, some will even grab you bros below all in the name of security checks, these are embarrassment to this Country, i am not for or Against any Minister or whosoever, What i am against is the Failure in Nigeria as a whole, so if you have anything against this piece, you should understand that i am in no way writing this because of Mrs Oduah or GEJ being good or bad.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 07, 2013
1acre: I totally disagree with u o.. Oga.. Pulling of shoes is still dat way In Heathrow.

The guy haven't smelt any international airport, he's just speculating.

@eddiebruk

UK
Malaysia
Thailand
India
Cotonou
Ghana
Ethiopia

They still take off their shoes, so WTF are you trying to out smart? These places I've been to 1st hand. So tell us more.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk: ..And yes the International Terminal still lacks proper care, sick and stuffy Air around the place can choke an Asthmatic Patient, the face of the Tiles that were used in the remodeling have died off and looks more like what were never changed, the Carousels are not always functional, as a matter of fact they are not functional, Arrival Desk still looks like shit and most of the Security Checks are more Manual than Automatic.

The place is STILL undergoing comprehensive remodeling, so STFU till its completed and commissioned.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by waternogetenemy: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2013
Dis thread will never make homepage. smh for nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2013
rudedough:

The guy haven't smelt any international airport, he's just speculating.

@eddiebruk

UK
Malaysia
Thailand
India
Cotonou
Ghana
Ethiopia

They still take off their shoes, so WTF are you trying to out smart? These places I've been to 1st hand. So tell us more.

South Africa
United state
Germany
Greece
Switzerland

And so many others have left such traditions. And I guess you are waiting for hearthrow to stop doing it before you adopt it, mumu the Uk has now become heaven for you to always compare Nigeria with, and you better stop fooling yourself in public, because those places you mentioned are the least places I will ever give my interest to in visiting, you know why? Because they are no different from Nigeria and can even be worst than Nigeria in terms of Racism, because as it is, tribalism is the reason for this your comment which is no different from racism. So go and kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 07, 2013
LIFE AND DEATH: I greet you friend, (SORRY, I MAY SOUND A LITTLE OUT OF PLACE BUT......JUST READ AND CONTINUE WITH YOUR DISCUSSION)

Bia are you the agent they sent to derail this thread? Go and post this in the religious section, ain't nobody got time for that please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS For Canada Federal Skilled Immigration Applicants Before 27 Feb 08 / Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live' / Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.