Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,722 members, 7,813,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147656 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
D9ty7: I reserve my comment concerning d femitj guy. Wen u must av talked to him, then i'll knw wat to do.
Barrister Stephanie its time we take legal action. Lol

lolz... Na real Barrister oooo.. Thanks
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
So I said I'd try to drop an update...right?

Well, I'm glad things worked out fine. The funny thing was I wrote this update in a funny placecheesy and the inspiration was flowing.

I'm not telling where or how I wrote it, doesn't matter...

You guys enjoy!
Love you all smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
-24-

He looked at the lady sitting beside him, what on earth could be wrong with her?
She had been unconsciouly drumming her fingers against any surface ever since she boarded the bus.

They were almost approaching Jibowu, he would get down soon and would not be able to help her in any way.
He wanted to talk to her and ask what the problem was but changed his mind when she stomped her feet angrily thereby drawing the attention of other passengers, he had then kept quiet.

He had experienced similar cases from girls at school, girls who appeared calm and cool and when one simply approached them for an entirely innocent motive. They twisted the whole situation insulting you on the fact that you came to woo them.

"Under bridge wa oh," he and a few other passengers announced to the driver who parked his bus giving them the opportunity to alight.

He got down and cast a pity glance in her direction, he really prayed she would be able to handle whatever she was facing at the moment.

-------------

She came out of their flat and descended the staircase, what was with Chuks suddenly becoming moody? It was a weird occurence, the Chuks she knew was always in a good mood, was it because of his lack of a job?

She pondered on the reason that could explain why he was acting sober, it had to be the job. Femi and Gbenga should be his age-mates and they were living on their own with their jobs while her brother was still fending off his parents.

She felt his pain, she would get him something on her way back at least to cheer him up, she was almost approaching the gate when she heard the blaring sound of a car horn.

She turned to see Femi in his car, she was able to spot him easily since his windscreen was not tinted. She waved and made to continue her journey when he horned again.

She turned this time to see him coming out of the car,
"Where are you off to?" he asked, "I could give you a ride."
"Thanks but no," she replied. What made him think she would accept his offer? She had better things to do than sit with a guy she barely knew in his car.

"I just want to help," he emphasised, "there's a book I want to get from a bookshop along Islesway."
That was where she was going to board a bus and the distance was quite a long one. She would rather board a bike or trek the distance instead.
"I'm serious, thanks." she replied him.

"Okay, I don't know where you are going to but my instincts tell me you are heading towards my direction." he said while turning the car off and locking it.

Now what was he doing? She was yet to get his point.
"I'll walk with you until we split ways," he said and shrugged.

What? Now this guy was crazy. She replied him a simple okay and both of them left together, she could not take a bike since he had spoilt her plan.

She was stuck with him and she was paying by trekking.

-------------

"Iya Bobo," she called while knocking on her neighbour's door.
"Ehn?" Iya Bobo shouted in surprise on sighting Omoye, she turned around and gave a funny dance, "Na wa!" she exclaimed.

Omoye could not help the smile that broke out from her face.
"How you dey now?" she greeted.
"Body tanda oh, where you come go since now?" Iya Bobo asked, "Baba Victor don dey find you tey tey oooo," she explained further.

"I know, I know. Wo! The matter just get as he be jare but everything don dey okay sha," Omoye responded, she was trying as much as possible not to spill the issue she had with Osagie.

She had no trust for anybody particularly housewives who were at alert to grab the latest happenings around them, if Iya Bobo kept probing further she might lose her guard and spill. Something she seriously wanted to avoid.

"See as your face just dey shine," Iya Bobo said to her while touching her face playfully, Omoye smiled. If she was looking radiant as the woman claimed then it had to do with the feeling of happiness and contentment that coursed through her being.

"You shaa go enjoy for where you go, na you oh." Iya Bobo continued.
Omoye just gave a healthy laugh and covered her face out of embarassment.
"Iya Bobo he don do, hian!"

"Oyaa, I don stop. But where you go? You bring something for us shaa?"
"That wan go be matter for another time now," Omoye pleaded with her face breaking into a smile, what was with the frequent smilings anyway? She just could not help it as they continually plastered on her face each moment.

"The thing way bring me here na Baba Victor oh," she explained to Iya Bobo who was listening with rapt attention.
"Ehen? Wetin do am?" she enquired.

"Nothing oh, just say he no dey house. Which time you see am last."
Iya Bobo mentally shook her head, why was it that they were always coming to ask her questions like this, she seriously needed to start working.

"I no see am, but he get the time way I dey inside I hear as Bobo dey greet am bye-bye."
"Today?" Omoye asked.
"Yes oh," she affirmed, "He fit be say him dey travel sef." she suggested.

"Ehn? Travel ke?"

*to be continued*

4 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
nice one there...hop to c more updates pretty soon
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
pelontus: nice one there...hop to c more updates pretty soon

Thanks..
By God's grace the next update comes up tomorrowsmiley
Re: Meant To Be by Hameenat94(f): 12:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Love nd regret in da air!
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 3:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Oh stef when I saw d accident ish of ur foot I wanted 2comment but I don't know wat rily happened my comment wasn't going tru both from uc browser n opera I guess I was banned...(Don't know what I did though)bt newaiz m here now I feel sorry for ur foot n d pain bt wat kan one do bt to tank God dat it wasn't a perilous accident newaiz hope u are okay now?
Concerning d update:hmmm m glad femi is finally making a move on princess,sandra mehn I rily feel for her like criously (she's like a girl building a castle tinkin d bedrock of it is on land bt reality really shows its on clouds I rily pity her),chuks m begining 2understand him I think someone he rily luved (like his GF) did an abortion n died (well just my tot though)...dami mehn tank God she was revived on time(imagine naija pple person dey die una dey snap pix WTF pple can be so annoying sumtimes),I'm still curious 2know who was on dat bus going 2jibowu
Stef nice work **thumbs up my lady**
Pls don't forget to drop ur comments thank you...
Signed:walewunmi
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 5:24am On Jan 03, 2014
smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:20am On Jan 03, 2014
@Hameenat: cheesy Na so!

@Wale: thanks jaweee... U guys should chillaz ehn, about Chuks fowl yansh go soon open.
Can't you figure out who was in the bus Hmmmm
Naija na we country now...nothing do us grin

anyways thank you

@miss.terious: wink
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2014
Good morning Aunty Stef and other MTB family. Hope you all had a nice night?
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:02am On Jan 03, 2014
D9ty7: Good morning Aunty Stef and other MTB family. Hope you all had a nice night?

Good morning, on this 'Aunty' ish, I give up. If you like call me grandma Steph angry
Re: Meant To Be by Cheriepet: 8:09am On Jan 03, 2014
stef morning! Abeg i tink say femi no go make move to princess, i for carry her give my broda. As for osagie n omoye, pls dont break my heart again. I am just feeling for chuks. Anyways i am waiting for today's update.... Gudmorning every member of dis beautiful family
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 8:16am On Jan 03, 2014
Good Morning "grandma Steph" (this is so funny cheesy grin cheesy grin)............
I know that lady in the bus.......I was also in the bus too............her name is Evelyn cheesy cheesy ............isn't I correct cheesy cheesy
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2014
Cheriepet: stef morning! Abeg i tink say femi no go make move to princess, i for carry her give my broda. As for osagie n omoye, pls dont break my heart again. I am just feeling for chuks. Anyways i am waiting for today's update.... Gudmorning every member of dis beautiful family

morning Cheriesmiley I will 'try' not to break their hearts againcheesy
Chuks is just special, I like him cheesy

dammygoody: Good Morning "grandma Steph" (this is so funny cheesy grin cheesy grin)............
I know that lady in the bus.......I was also in the bus too............her name is Evelyn cheesy cheesy ............isn't I correct cheesy cheesy

Yes ooo, grandma tinz cheesygrin
You are right! Evelyn, you were the guy that wanted to talk to her nowcheesy I expected it to be obvious, glad someone figured it out.
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2014
stefikal:
Yes ooo, grandma tinz cheesygrin
You are right! Evelyn, you were the guy that wanted to talk to her nowcheesy I expected it to be obvious, glad someone figured it out.
yes!! I saw you sitting at the back sit ,writing everything that was going on. wink ...........

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by DisneyAngel(f): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Madam I don land,nice work
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 03, 2014
Please, where did Folagie travel to again? Omoye, be patient ehn! I hope this has nothing to do with Sandra coming over. Iya Bobo should go and find Job o, before they come and ask if she saw the person that stole meat from the pot.

As for chuks, that hospital is where the deed was done, he should be a man now, abi what is the point of all his Playboy attitude all these while.

Hmmm, Princess !Princess!!Princess !!! how many times did I call you? Your tomboy lifestyle is about to come to an end; courtesy of Femi.

Did I hear someone pray for Evelyn ? seriously

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2014
Shebi na Evelyn dey inside the Bus dey shout for person Head,

Madame stefikal......u no wetin u desrve?

GBOSA! GBOSA!! GBOSA!!!

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Aliydave(m): 11:56am On Jan 03, 2014
I luv dis story, full of suspense and breathtaking events. Thank God u'r back on ur feet and ur pen in ur hand, more ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
DisneyAngel: Madam I don land,nice work

Thanks Angel, welcome smiley

@iamayodeji: lolzz, Iya Bobo seriously needs a job cheesy
Lets watch Princess and Femi, I don't understand the direction they are even going sef
Haba now! Everyone needs prayers, Evelyn isn't an exceptionsmiley

Senator_Pope: Shebi na Evelyn dey inside the Bus dey shout for person Head,
Madame stefikal......u no wetin u desrve?
GBOSA! GBOSA!! GBOSA!!!

Thanks pope, me sef dey give everybody way dey follow dis story three GBOSA's ooooo...smiley Thank you all.

Aliydave: I luv dis story, full of suspense and breathtaking events. Thank God u'r back on ur feet and ur pen in ur hand, more ink 2 ur pen.

Thanks Davesmiley God bless
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
Stef,thanks for the update.i guess the lady in the bus is Evelyn,chuks lost his lover to abortion.
Hmmmm...........patiently waiting.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ivyluvie2: Stef,thanks for the update.i guess the lady in the bus is Evelyn,chuks lost his lover to abortion.
Hmmmm...........patiently waiting.

Thanks for followingsmiley
Its actually Evelyn..
You guys are tempting me to give spoilers about Chuks...but I resist the urge...just stay tuned...uhn?cheesy

Update is ready...
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
*continued*

She had been sitting outside for a while now, why was his phone number not reacheable? She found it strange that the spare key she had with her was missing.

Was he not suppose to be expecting her? Could he have really travelled? She tried to shake off the feeling of trepidation that coursed all over her.

"Mummy, where is Papa?" Victor asked.
"He is coming," she replied and smiled, he had to be coming, she convinced herself. There was no way he would put her through this series of pain again, she had informed Victor that Osagie was home and now he was nowhere to be found.

She dialled his number again and sighed, what on earth could be wrong? She had scattered the items in her handbag just to find the key.

If Osagie hurt again, she would never forgive him no matter how hard he begged.

------------

They were almost approaching Islesway, he laughed as he thought of her action.
She was actually coming this way and had refused his offer.

They had started off on a weird note, she seemed to have withdrawn in her shell. He was yet to understand her, when she was with her brother, she acted bold and daring.

And now she was acting totally opposite like she was intimidated by him, he had then teased her about it and that had done the magic. She was suddenly back to the tomboy he had initially met.

They had kept talking on various issues and like the trip to the gym, the distance to Islesway had seemed quite short. She had even gone along asking him questions which he had replied while he asked few questions himself.

They were almost approaching the bookshop when his phone rang, he excused himself and picked up.
"Hey Dare, whats up now?"
"He's at my place,"
"Okay, I'll inform him."
"Take care."

He hung up and continued the discussion which had been interrupted by the phone call.
"So, I'll see you later now." he informed when they got to the bookshop.
"Yeah, thanks." Princess replied, she was thanking him because strangely she had actually enjoyed his company.

"No, I should be thanking you. See how the sun has darkened my black skin the more." he laughed.
"I'm sorry, its vitamin Q, good for your body." she teased.
"Indeed, alright don't let me delay you. I'll see you around,"
She smiled and waved while proceeding to the garage.

Femi on the other hand brought out his phone and dialled Gbenga's number, the number was unavailable. Dare had called earlier asking him to remind Gbenga about their parent's remembrance the next day.

He prayed he would still meet Gbenga at home, not that he expected him to forget an important matter like that.

If he would see Gbenga at home, it meant he had to be quick with what he had come to buy.

----------

The queue was gradually beginning to move, she had been standing for almost ten minutes all in a bid to board the BRT. When it got to her turn, she was fortunate to find a vacant seat close to the window.

Situations like this demanded cool music that would do the magic of calming her nerves, the bad part of it was that she was not with her earpiece. She made up her mind to control herself this time around, she had nearly lost it when she boarded the campus shuttle from UNILAG.

A tear drop fell from her eyes as she asked herself series of unanswered questions. What was her problem? Was she mentally disturbed? Why was she allowing the quest for revenge fuel her actions this way?

Seeing Dami slump with her own eyes had made her realise the beast that she was, that she was wicked.
Dami had once been a good friend, what wrong had the girl done to her?

If she was to hurt anyone, it certainly ought to be Tinu. What had she gotten herself into? The woman sitting beside her gave her a weird look while shaking her head out of pity, that was when she realised she had her two hands placed on her head and the tears flowing from her face made her look terrible.

She dropped her arms and tried to clean her face, what if something serious happened to Dami? It had to be just something minor, else she was doomed.

Would Dami report her to her parents this time around? Or would the police be involved?
She ignored the possibility, if they involved the police there was no much problem on that side as long as the police officer still danced to the tunes of corruption.

But if it happened to be a good policeman then she was in deep shiit. Maybe returning to Ghana would be the best solution, school was yet to resume but she could hang around till resumption.

The feeling of defeat that she felt made her feel like slapping herself, Tinu had made her feel like a fool. She wanted to make her pay back.

She cautioned herself and muttered to herself, "No more revenge Eve, no more." If seeing someone faint as a result of her actions was driving her crazy, she feared what worse situations would do to her.

But as much as she tried to push down the thought of revenge, it simply came back knocking at various intervals.

She knew she was drowning in the pool of revenge and needed help fast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
Quotes on Revenge:

I don't know who this might help but I feel I should share it...

==> May we not succumb to thoughts of violence and revenge today, but rather to thoughts of mercy and compassion. We are to love our enemies that they might be returned to their right minds.
- Marianne Williamson

==> There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
- Josh Billings

==> A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green.
- Francis Bacon

==> The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself.
- Eddie Vedder

==> An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
- Mahatma Gandhi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
Na now she know say she wicked? I go like make I follow dat evelyn gal talk 1 on 1. *wnks*

Good quotes u have there......but I love dat ghandi.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Senator_Pope: Na now she know say she wicked? I go like make I follow dat evelyn gal talk 1 on 1. *wnks*

Good quotes u have there......but I love dat ghandi.

lolz... Make I give you her phone number? grin

Thanks
Re: Meant To Be by eoadeniji(m): 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
good job stefikal.I salute ur literary prowess....where osagie come go wey omoye no find am for house? wat abt sandra? Dis story is just so "suspenseful", cant wait for more updates....
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
eoadeniji: good job stefikal.I salute ur literary prowess....where osagie come go wey omoye no find am for house? wat abt sandra? Dis story is just so "suspenseful", cant wait for more updates....

Thanks Adeniji,
I don't know for Osas ooo,
we'll soon know whats going on with Sandra, thank you.
Re: Meant To Be by Aliydave(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
I really really luv d last quote, and i'm even similing 2 it. It make sense cheesy
Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
nice update.hope u ar doin well now??
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Aliydave: I really really luv d last quote, and i'm even similing 2 it. It make sense cheesy

Thanks Dave... #RespectToGandhismiley

$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
nice update.hope u ar doin well now??

Thanks Prince... Mo gallant cheesy
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
At this point, I must say that you have done a very wonderful work. It is very obvious that your intelligence and brilliance is way above the average. The gift of Literature is a divine gift.
Guard it Jealously.

Evelyn is now sober! if I hear! People like that deserve to go through the kind of pain they have put others through. Can you imagine? what is she even revenging for?.....Another girl stole her girlfriend. Haba, Am not being judge"mental" here but it seems she has "mental" issues.

As for princess and Femi, I already said it. They are heading for the ocean of love.

Anybody that sees Folagie should tell him to come home o. Or at least, switch on his phone.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.