Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147657 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
iamayodeji: At this point, I must say that you have done a very wonderful work. It is very obvious that your intelligence and brilliance is way above the average. The gift of Literature is a divine gift.
Guard it Jealously.

Evelyn is now sober! if I hear! People like that deserve to go through the kind of pain they have put others through. Can you imagine? what is she even revenging for?.....Another girl stole her girlfriend. Haba, Am not being judge"mental" here but it seems she has "mental" issues.

As for princess and Femi, I already said it. They are heading for the ocean of love.

Anybody that sees Folagie should tell him to come home o. Or at least, switch on his phone.

awwww smiley
I'm humbled by your comment... Thank you

Evelyn might just be the lucky one among her kind nowcheesy

Femi and Princess, lets keep watching.

Sadly I can't find 'Folagie'sad embarassed
Re: Meant To Be by Daintydaisy(f): 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
Let Bp not kill me one day cos of ur story o, the suspense is 2much. Good job
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
Daintydaisy: Let Bp not kill me one day cos of ur story o, the suspense is 2much. Good job

BP bawo?

No BP fashioned against Dainty shall prosper...cheesy
The BP don dey powerless.

Thankssmiley
Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 6:13am On Jan 04, 2014
Just passing by#
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2014
chade: Just passing by#

Bon voyagecheesy
Good morning
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:11am On Jan 04, 2014
Today's update is coming really early and it is dedicated to as many who have lost someone precious to the cold hands of death, it could be a parent, a lover, a sibling, a relation, a friend, anyone at all.

May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace.

Actually today fourth of January marks a year I lost my father in a motor accident.
I'm not saying this because I need sympathies, but to remind us that this race called life has an expiry date.

Death is inevitable. A friend of mine once said to me 'Live everyday as if its your last on earth'. Live your life to please your creator.

It could be me tomorrow, it could be anyone. May God help us to live our life and fulfill purpose.

God blesssmiley

5 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2014
-25-

He sat and stared at the ceiling, Gbenga had eventually left yesterday. At least the guy remembered his parents remembrance.

He felt bad for his cousins as he recalled the events that had shaken the entire family years ago.
He had been quite young but over the years he had gotten to know what had really happened.

His uncle Mr Dayo Oladele was his father's younger brother and had been quite rich, both men had been so close and inseparable.
Three years after Dare the last child of his uncle was born, his uncle and his wife had went for a business meeting after keeping their three children Nifemi, Gbenga and Dare in his mother's care.

That was the last time anyone ever spoke to them, the husband had died on the spot instantly after a head-on collision with a truck. The wife had been rushed to the hospital and had been in a coma for days before eventually giving up the ghost.

The event had broken Femi's father, Femi's grandfather who was alive then had put the three children in Mr Kunle's custody.
His grandfather had also sold off Dayo's properties and bank accounts had been opened to cater for the kid's education and needs.

He praised his mother, how the woman had trained seven children still baffled him.
Whenever he joked and teased her about it, she would simply claim that she loved children, one of the reasons she was a teacher.

He now understood why Gbenga was eager to be a father, if only Bukky would do him that favour.
The guy had experienced life as a child without parents and he wanted to offer the opportunity to his unborn child.

He dialled Nifemi's number, he had not spoken to her in ages. She was three years older that he and Gbenga and was already married with kids.

"Hello," he said.
"Femi, my namesake bawo?" (Whats up?)
"Mo wa oh, mo ni kin kie ni oh," (I'm good, I just said I should greet you)

"Thanks dear, hope everything is good?"
"Yes, today is our parent's remembrance, may the keep resting in the bosom of the Lord." he prayed.

"Amen, thank you Femi." she replied and sighed, "and may God preserve Maami and Baba for us."
"Amen," his cousins called his parents their parents, it was pretty obvious that his parents had not failed in performing the duties they had to perform.

They had treated them equally, no preferential treatment to any of them. He continued the conversation for about three minutes and hung up.

The day was already far spent, he ought to have gone to the gym today. Why did Chuks and Princess not show up?

He was thinking on how he would spend his day, when he remembered he was yet to call Dami.

He gave himself a mental knock, so much for being an elder brother, what had he been doing?

He dialled her number, at least he would do it now rather than postpone it again.

-----------

She kicked the bucket that stood in her way out of anger, Fola really deserved an award for scattering her plans. She had been kicking and hitting objects the entire morning, and he had disappointed by not replying her text.

His phone had been switched off ever since, she had missed the flight she had booked that morning.
She just did not get it, she tried to convince herself positively but it made no sense to her.

His strange behaviour in Lagos before he travelled and the cold attitude she had noticed. Was he doing this on purpose? Did he want to break up with her? After they had come this far?

He obviously had no idea how many men she had turned down because she loved him.
She cautioned herself, she was not suppose to think in that direction.

But not knowing what the problem was killing her, she stood up and walked to her kitchen while getting a glass of cold pineapple juice.
She sat on her bed and sipped the juice, it calmed her nerves in a way.

She picked the remote lying beside her pillow and switched on the television.
She had no idea what the name of the soap opera being shown was but it caught her attention.

She watched with tears in her eyes as the lead actor and actress kissed each other hungrily, why did they have to show this scenes in movies? She kept on sobbing, then something happened.

Another woman appeared in the background and watched the kissing couple, they eventually noticed her presence and she suspected that the guy was a player.

But to her amazement, the intruder pointed at the other lady and said, "Lindy, you've been cheating on me with a guy? I thought we were meant to be together." she cried and ran out.

Sandra got irritated and switched off the television, what was it with this Hollywood and their lesbian love stories. She doubted if such things happened in Nigeria.

But the storyline refused to disappear from her head, what if Fola was like the other lady? Was he cheating on her?

Could he be cheating on her with a man? She contorted her face in disgust as she thought of it.

This was why she hated movies, they gave her creepy ideas.
She took out her phone and dialled his number again.

Alas it was ringing.

*to be continued*

4 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by Hameenat94(f): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2014
life z trully a race. a very lng one at dat.accept my sympathy dear.its hy tym fola come out clean to d two ladies. dami has to b strong too. princess z fallin in luv gradually. wats up wit chuks na?

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 9:17am On Jan 04, 2014
Its difficult when one looses a loved one, esp a parent.
Aunty Stef may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
I as a person lost ma p.man in 2005, even tho am over it now, but no doubt i still miss d absence of a father figure.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 9:46am On Jan 04, 2014
Good morning..... I gbadun dis update, only dat it brought back old memories of my departed younger bro.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Daintydaisy(f): 10:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Nice update. May his soul rest in peace, may God who gave me strength 2bear d death of my sis comfort u.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 11:33am On Jan 04, 2014
RIP 2 d dead.lost my dad july last year sadest expirience.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Life is a mystery. The issue of death is a serious matter that people often try to avoid even though it is obvious that we are all going to taste from its bitter seed someday.

I lost some people at different point of my life too. The closest was a friend and I still wonder where he is right now. I mean I know he must have decayed right now but I just can't believe that someone we use to talk together now serves as a food for termites beneath the earth crust.

Its a simple complexity.

I intentionally avoided any form of sympathy because you stated it categorically that you didn't want one.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'm not actually absent ooo.

I'm here observing like scon-p cool smiley

to everyone that commented, thank you.

So I want to ask if you were Sandra and you later found about Osagie's scheme, what would you do? Or how would you react?

Please you guys should talk oooo, lets make this interactive.

And all this silent readers that have been on NL for a while now but yet have little or no posts in their profile.
Make una type something nowgrin
I no wan mention names ooo, but make una surprise me now
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
We dey fight?

Wetin na, shey na MB be the problem nii?

Una no wan answer the question wey I ask, make I ask again.

If you were Sandra and you later found about Osagie's scheme, what would you do? Or how would you react?

I no shako ooo, na beg I dey beggrin
Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
feels verry baaaadddd
Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
na 4 supreme court we go meet oo.afta all d luv,money and trust??
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
na 4 supreme court we go meet oo.afta all d luv,money and trust??

court? But una no marry now and there's no prove that she gave him money
Re: Meant To Be by Queenxstar(f): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pants -finally caught up. Great work darling!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
Queen xstar: Pants -finally caught up. Great work darling!

smiley Thanks

you'll soon see my loquacious self in your thread...
Watch out!cheesy
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
stefikal:

exactly!!!! that's the problem!!!!no proof...so annoying...I would just pray nemesis catches up with him,like him losing all the money I gave him or something sha,something he would not like at all......but I still like Osagie o :/ ;( ;(
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
dammygoody: exactly!!!! that's the problem!!!!no proof...so annoying...I would just pray nemesis catches up with him,like him losing all the money I gave him or something sha,something he would not like at all......but I still like Osagie o :/ ;( ;(

hmmmm...but shey you know you are suppose to speak from the perspective of Sandra and not from a reader's P.O.V..uhn?
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Honestly, I won't do anything to him, even if I wanted to do anything, he is nowhere to be found.Besides the fact that am going to feel very heartbroken, really that's not a new thing anymore, hearts get shattered every moment.

Well, That doesn't mean I won't cry my eyes out. I will take a Long leave from work, then I will start hurting as many guys as possible.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
iamayodeji: Honestly, I won't do anything to him, even if I wanted to do anything, he is nowhere to be found.Besides the fact that am going to feel very heartbroken, really that's not a new thing anymore, hearts get shattered every moment.

Well, That doesn't mean I won't cry my eyes out. I will take a Long leave from work, then I will start hurting as many guys as possible.

shockedgringrincheesy

I think I'd have to post new quotes on revenge...lolz
That got me laughing, I hope Sandra doesn't get to that point shaaa
Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Make I no lie u. If I happen to be in sandra's shoes....really I would take things spiritual..I go find baba wey go hlp me scatter him head wit bad luck
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Senator_Pope: Make I no lie u. If I happen to be in sandra's shoes....really I would take things spiritual..I go find baba wey go hlp me scatter him head wit bad luck

Pope?shockedshocked

DChiefPriest come and see oooogringrin
Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
stefikal:

#hmmm in dt case,no b supreme na papa God go judge dat matta
Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Senator_Pope: Make I no lie u. If I happen to be in sandra's shoes....really I would take things spiritual..I go find baba wey go hlp me scatter him head wit bad luck
#hahaha. dz very bad 4 a pope
Re: Meant To Be by sconp: 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
stefikal: I'm not actually absent ooo.

I'm here observing like scon-p cool smiley

to everyone that commented, thank you.

So I want to ask if you were Sandra and you later found about Osagie's scheme, what would you do? Or how would you react?

Please you guys should talk oooo, lets make this interactive.

And all this silent readers that have been on NL for a while now but yet have little or no posts in their profile.
Make una type something nowgrin
I no wan mention names ooo, but make una surprise me now
wink

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmm.. Beautiful literary piece of updates...

I feel sorry for Sandra, but its just one of those things that happen someone in life. She just have to get back from it and become stronger...

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Hameenat94(f): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
i pity sandra buh na to leav d lov birds

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.