Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil (67646 Views)

FIFA Women's World Cup Draw On Dec 6th At 6pm / Mikel Obi Eyes Bikini Girl In Brazil While Being Interviwed / Caf Unveil 2014 World Cup Qualifying Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by kolamilan(m): 9:41am On Dec 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=13pt]When Arsenal Champions League Fixtures came out, the British medias were laughing at Arsenal claiming Arsenal is in the Group of Death. What happened? Arsenal beat all the so called Group of Death one by one at their own ground.

At times in life, your expectation can be the other way round. Meaning is: The same England will now face the GROUP OF DEATH in the World Cup, ''ITALY, URUGUAY and COSTA RICA.

The slogan in England now after they realize they will face the Group of Death, the new song in England now is ''LORD HELP US'' - lol

The British Medias are now gentle, quiet and colder than the Irish Sea..

LESSON: ''Stop Looking Down On ARSENAL no matter what!

Who expect David to kill Goliath?

Alex Ferguson on 10th October 2013: The same Arsenal of 2013 is not the same Arsenal of 2012, 2011, 2010

Irony of life!

‪TeamARSENAL‬[/size]
guy you miss road ? Who dey talk about arsenal here, arsenal will get rap3d by napoli next week.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by UKBobo(m): 9:45am On Dec 07, 2013
This is the World Cup. You can't rule out any country.

All the Nigerian papers where filled with stories about Stoichkov, Kostadinov, Canniggia, Maradona and Redondo before USA 94. People thought that we only stood a chance against Greece, but we ended up winning the group.

Who would have thought that Senegal would beat France at the World Cup in 2002? Who would have thought that Cameroon would beat Argentina in 1990?

Don't rule out any country.

Exactly the point I wanted to make by posting the videos. Nigerians are myopic about world football and only know about the big dogs. Some of the smaller countries can really play ball. If we prepare well and do our homework, anything is possible. However, if we expect these teams to roll over on seeing our green shirts, na wahala be dat.

First game versus Iran is super crucial... there is no time to grow into the tournament.

See you lot in Curitiba and Cuiaba.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Obrafour(m): 9:55am On Dec 07, 2013
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by afriprince: 10:15am On Dec 07, 2013
I pity for england they fell in the wrong group. Nigeria will b d only africans to pass group stage.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by collynzo2(m): 10:37am On Dec 07, 2013
ChickRockz: I saw a post on Yahoo News this morning..USA Football fans didn't think they could stand a chance against any of those teams..remember Ghana came fourth in the last world cup so they are a strong team
That is it honey!
I am taking off the wifi service in the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by kokoA(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2013
ChickRockz: I saw a post on Yahoo News this morning..USA Football fans didn't think they could stand a chance against any of those teams..remember Ghana came fourth in the last world cup so they are a strong team
which world cup? Hope you are not reffering to the canta ball world cup organized by children in your street o.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by deanxy: 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
group D,group of death.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by safarigirl(f): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
After further thought, Ghana actually stands a chance of qualifying, they just have to win USA in their first group game and draw the other 2, hoping others do the dirty work for them, but can they beat USA?
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by namdo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
draw argentina, win the rest group if we prepare and play well. Then meet France or so in the round of 16. SE really need to be up in their best to get to quarter and semi if possible.

Goodluck to the SE team come 2014 WC. grin
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by stanleyokz: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
Nigeria is in a lucky group........ cheesy the will qualify[color=#006600][/color]
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by GHSwagg: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
LMFAO!!!!! Nigerians have started again...funny people grin

They never give us a chance because they don't wish us well for obvious reasons cheesy. But we are the Black Stars nation and we always put them to shame. cool grin grin grin grin grin

Btw, let's all join hands in prayer for the SE to make it out of their group this time around.... Although they have a pretty easy group, we all saw their performance against mediocre teams to qualify to the world cup. Kenya, Malawi and Ethiopia are no where close to Iran and Bosnia, let alone Argentina grin grin grin

GOOD LUCK TO THEM!!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Steezz(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
GH Swagg: LMFAO!!!!! Nigerians have started again...funny people grin

They never give us a chance because they don't wish us well for obvious reasons cheesy. But we are the Black Stars nation and we always put them to shame. cool grin grin grin grin grin

Btw, let's all join hands in prayer for the SE to make it out of their group this time around.... Although they have a pretty easy group, we all saw their performance against mediocre teams to qualify to the world cup. Kenya, Malawi and Ethiopia are no where close to Iran and Bosnia, let alone Argentina grin grin grin

GOOD LUCK TO THEM!!!!! grin
Yeah rite. But Ivory-coast, France and Italy are pretty far 4rm those teams no undecided? Well guess wat? Nigeria won 2 and drew 1 of those teams. Nigeria saves its best 4 d best grin

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Obrafour(m): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
safarigirl: After further thought, Ghana actually stands a chance of qualifying, they just have to win USA in their first group game and draw the other 2, hoping others do the dirty work for them, but can they beat USA?
You have started with your statistics and strategies ehn? Even after you disgraced yourself in the BBA thread huh?

1 Like

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by valkaka(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
if (Nigeria == Argentina){
Argentina = 1 goal
} else if (Nigeria = Bosnia){
Nigeria = 2 goals
} else if (Nigeria = Iran ){
Nigeria = 2 goals
} else {Nigeria is
going to second round}
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by GHSwagg: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
Steezz:
Yeah rite. But Ivory-coast, France and Italy are pretty far 4rm those teams no undecided? Well guess wat? Nigeria won 2 and drew 1 of those teams. Nigeria saves its best 4 d best grin

LMAO @ bolded grin grin grin
So how come they have not been able to advance from their groups in such a long, long time? cheesy
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
safarigirl: After further thought, Ghana actually stands a chance of qualifying, they just have to win USA in their first group game and draw the other 2, hoping others do the dirty work for them, but can they beat USA?

Yes they can. It wont be easy, but I feel a moment of brilliance from the likes of Muntari, Essien or even Gyan can undo the US.

In the games against Portugal and Germany, Ghana would have to play a 5-5-0 to gain the draw. grin
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by safarigirl(f): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Obrafour: You have started with your statistics and strategies ehn? Even after you disgraced yourself in the BBA thread huh?
at least all you Ghanaians remember me for something, I don't even know any of you for squat. You should be glad I'm giving Ghana a chance, something most football pundits aren't giving y'all. Then again, how can they? When your top player plays in Al ain of UAE and you need the likes of Essien wey dey dust Mikel Obi boot for Chelsea to qualify? Can you compare those to the likes of Ozil, CR7 and Donovan? If you guys fail to win USA- which is a tall order in it's self, you might as well just collect your 'WE WERE AT BRAZIL2014' key holder and add it to your 'WE WERE AT AFCON2013' notebook

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Afam4eva(m): 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
CFCfan:

Yes they can. It wont be easy, but I feel a moment of brilliance from the likes of Muntari, Essien or even Gyan can undo the US.

In the games against Portugal and Germany, Ghana would have to play a 5-5-0 to gain the draw. grin
African teams are not disciplines enough to play a defense game. I say they play 0-5-5 grin

It's really gonna be tough for Ghana as i can't fathom how they'll get out of this group.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Afam4eva(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
I'm i the only one who thinks Spain will not get to the semis?
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by GHSwagg: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
So after what happened in BBA @ Safarigirl is still analyzing? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wonders shall never end grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Jiggaman101: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
safarigirl: at least all you Ghanaians remember me for something, I don't even know any of you for squat. You should be glad I'm giving Ghana a chance, something most football pundits aren't giving y'all. Then again, how can they? When your top player plays in Al ain of UAE and you need the likes of Essien wey dey dust Mikel Obi boot for Chelsea to qualify? Can you compare those to the likes of Ozil, CR7 and Donovan? If you guys fail to win USA- which is a tall order in it's self, you might as well just collect your 'WE WERE AT BRAZIL2014' key holder and add it to your 'WE WERE AT AFCON2013' notebook

You only have a chance because of the group you were drawn in. If you were to be drawn in Ghana's group, you would have been the Tahiti of the group. Even with the group Nigeria has people are still doubting their chance of going to the second round. That's what people think of your squad.

Some even have Iran over Nigeria, now that's a shame. When did Iran started playing soccer

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Full-2014-FIFA-World-Cup-predictions-Blog-73315

1 Like

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by adegwurulez(m): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
safarigirl: at least all you Ghanaians remember me for something, I don't even know any of you for squat. You should be glad I'm giving Ghana a chance, something most football pundits aren't giving y'all. Then again, how can they? When your top player plays in Al ain of UAE and you need the likes of Essien wey dey dust Mikel Obi boot for Chelsea to qualify? Can you compare those to the likes of Ozil, CR7 and Donovan? If you guys fail to win USA- which is a tall order in it's self, you might as well just collect your 'WE WERE AT BRAZIL2014' key holder and add it to your 'WE WERE AT AFCON2013' notebook
@bolded, LWTMB
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm i the only one who thinks Spain will not get to the semis?

They will meet Brazil in the round of 16, and get eliminated
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Obrafour(m): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
safarigirl: at least all you Ghanaians remember me for something, I don't even know any of you for squat.
Haba! This is GH Kwame na.

safarigirl: You should be glad I'm giving Ghana a chance, something most football pundits aren't giving y'all.

You sound so incoherent and confused. We all know how you guys always curse FIFA when they release the football rankings! Enjoy your delusions ...

safarigirl:
Then again, how can they? When your top player plays in Al ain of UAE and you need the likes of Essien wey dey dust Mikel Obi boot for Chelsea to qualify? Can you compare those to the likes of Ozil, CR7 and Donovan? If you guys fail to win USA- which is a tall order in it's self, you might as well just collect your 'WE WERE AT BRAZIL2014' key holder and add it to your 'WE WERE AT AFCON2013' notebook
How petty, inwardly and hopelessly critical mood can you continue to force
ourselves into? Jesus!!!!!

You Nigerians should take the log out of your eyes before you take the little speck from the next person.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Afam4eva(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2013
CFCfan:
They will meet Brazil in the round of 16, and get eliminated
Isn't that if one of the two teams come second while the other one comes first in their group? I just feel Spain were not the team they used to be. They've lost some touch.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Afam4eva(m): 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
The people on this site are daft http://www.faniq.com/blog/Full-2014-FIFA-World-Cup-predictions-Blog-73315 How can they tip iran ahead of Nigeria. This doesn't just make sense. We have more football pedigree than Iran and we're currently at our best.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by GHSwagg: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
Jigga_man101:

You only have a chance because of the group you were drawn in. If you were to be drawn in Ghana's group, you would have been the Tahiti of the group. Even with the group Nigeria has people are still doubting their chance of going to the second round. That's what people think of your squad.

Some even have Iran over Nigeria

@ bolded
Let them not worry about their team and rather take paracetamol for Ghana. grin They will only wake up from their dream when they see the SE once again packing their bags after the group stages grin

LOL @ Tahiti of the group grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
African teams are not disciplines enough to play a defense game. I say they play 0-5-5 grin

It's really gonna be tough for Ghana as i can't fathom how they'll get out of this group.
Lol 0-5-5 will be suicide.
I agree that African team's need to improve their defending, especially on set-pieces.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by collynzo2(m): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Some even have Iran over Nigeria, now that's a shame. When did Iran started playing soccer

This negro will never stop pasting links from his village analysts.
SMH
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Jiggaman101: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva: The people on this site are daft http://www.faniq.com/blog/Full-2014-FIFA-World-Cup-predictions-Blog-73315 How can they tip iran ahead of Nigeria. This doesn't just make sense. We have more football pedigree than Iran and we're currently at our best.

Let tell you something, the only people that think Nigeria has arrived is Nigeria. Most pundits and fans think less of your team. It seems your afcon win is going through your head. Afcon is trash, to be sincere

That's the sad truth

1 Like

Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
CFCfan:
Lol 0-5-5 will be suicide.
I agree that African team's need to improve their defending, especially on set-pieces.
If i were the Ghanian team, i would go all out and play attacking football cos when you find yourself in a team like this, you have nothing to lose.
Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil by Afam4eva(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Let tell you something, the only people that think Nigeria has arrived is Nigeria. Most pundits and fans think less of your team. That's the sad truth
You're wrong. I've checked the predictions on other sites and they tip Argentina and Nigeria to qualify. That's the first website that i'm seeing them tipping Iran ahead of Nigeria. I just discovered the site to be a joke cos they tipped Belgium to beat Germany in the final. Lol grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City / Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.