Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger (3257 Views)

INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger / Merger Talks Tear CPC Apart (pic) / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 08, 2013
Benin Republic, whose land mass is less than 1/4 of Nigeria's land mass, could be more economically viable if they merge with Nigeria. Cotonou could become part of Lagos.
Also, since most Beninoise nationals are ethnic Yorubas, their assimilation with SW Nigerians shouldn't be much of a problem. However, such a merger would mean that the "new Nigeria" would have 2 major lingua franca-English and French. This would be the replica of the Canadian situation, where both languages are also the lingua Franca of Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 08, 2013
LoL...u just wanna create problems, the north wud demand that they be merged with Niger, the East wud demand for southern cameroun which used to be part of eastern region.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 08, 2013
lygn19: LoL...u just wanna create problems, the north wud demand that they be merged with Niger, the East wud demand for southern cameroun which used to be part of eastern region.

The northern part of Benin can be part of northern Nigeria, while the southern part will join the SW.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 08, 2013
How much
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 08, 2013
CFCfan:

The northern part of Benin can be part of northern Nigeria, while the southern part will join the SW.
Then which part wud join eastern Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 08, 2013
lygn19:
Then which part wud join eastern Nigeria?
Southern Cameroon. But for such a merger to work, a plebiscite would have to be conducted in both S. Caneroon and SE Nigeria. The same would have to be done in Benin and SW, NW Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 08, 2013
When somebody has just told us that divided we stand.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by musiwa112: 6:27am On Nov 08, 2013
why would benin republic merge with Nigeria. It is not possible. the other nigerian will not agree to that. already they the north are saying. they are majority to now add benin republic , will make them more minority. they will never agree.

this thing is easy.. western Nigeria has sovereignty. And is a separate country. we just remove western Nigeria.

We would form a trade treaty with benin republic after we leave Nigeria. the border will be open , there would be no border... And trade will be the same. We intend to cross currency when we get the united nation seat. And simulate both economy and every other thing will fall into place. the first step is getting out of nigeria. and most important is international recognition.

If western nigeria get international recognition the rest are very simple. there will be no civil war in Nigeria because of that. It is getting the international recognition all over the world . that is the main problem. And i am making effort to get our government international recognition. The other nigerian are not going to give us any problem. that we leave, because Jonathan is from the east, so his people are not going to complain. because he is the one that in power. So it is very easy..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 08, 2013
Better we divide b4 thinking about integrating with neighbouring country....
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by ITbomb(m): 6:46am On Nov 08, 2013
This will happen after Nigeria have been divided in 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Ekhemini(m): 6:48am On Nov 08, 2013
Seriously,I dnt knw wat fud,drink,herbal concoctions or brand of weed dat can mke a nigerian tink dis way. Oya go n bring dem na let's join
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 08, 2013
Don't tell me the virus that infected Musiwa 1-1billion found its way into your body. Have you got a map for your pipe-dream?

You have a big for nothing fart of a country that's absolutely useless, in which people are trying to slam dunk on the concrete and break into pieces. And if that doesn't work - some are already planning to ignite a c4 under it. Yet you want to merge a peaceful and decent country with it. grin

Well, don't stop at Benin. Since there are also ethnic Yoruba in Togo - and Ewe and Ga are also claiming Ife ancestry. I think we should merge Togo and Ghana with it as well. To create a super country!!!

Heck, we can go up North and merge Niger from the top, since the names of the two countries are similar. Err...the east would feel cheated. Let's merge Cameroun, Equatorial Guinea, and Sao Tome and Principle - to this pipe-dream.

What would be the name of this new country? - United States of Ni.gger-area should be perfect!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by IAMBREEZY: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2013
this can ne'er occur atall.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Mynd44: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2013
You have got t be kidding me
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by ifyalways(f): 7:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Benin Republic + Canada - Musiwa = Never-gonna-happen . grin
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Banuso99: 7:34am On Nov 08, 2013
@Shymexx
You are very bad.Why are you discouraging them from having their day-dream/fantasy.
Guy, it is their undeniable right to dream.

Layo o .
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Omen100(m): 7:38am On Nov 08, 2013
End time Merging, abeg nor ban me, 2day na my 1st day 2 talk "End Time tins" but nevertheless, the moderator can do the needful after consulting with their Oga's at the top.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 08, 2013
160million remains uncontrollable, and here you are talking about adding to the population in an unnatural way.

What do you think we have to gain with this merger? Mineral resources? Land mass (we have enough already), more terrorist?. Giving the opportunity, those small country would kill for a merger, but the truth is, it would do more harm than good, three or four decades down the lane, they would start screaming about referendum blah blah blah.

I don't know what made you write this but it's total crap.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Ruq: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2013
A country that we were supposed to have colonized if our leaders had brains.

This P can't happen i don't what the shape of our map to change.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by passion007: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2013
CFCfan:
Southern Cameroon. But for such a merger to work, a plebiscite would have to be conducted in both S. Caneroon and SE Nigeria. The same would have to be done in Benin and SW, NW Nigeria.
So what happens to Northern Cameroon?

My question is so that you realise you're (hypothetically of course) tilting Nigeria towards a regional hegemony. As yet, we haven't sufficiently addressed our internal squabbles and fear of domination, let alone attempt to form a West African power bloc.

Our leaders only need to make Nigeria attractive, and the rest will happen naturally.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Madawaki01(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2013
CFCfan: Benin Republic, whose land mass is less than 1/4 of Nigeria's land mass, could be more economically viable if they merge with Nigeria. Cotonou could become part of Lagos.
Also, since most Beninoise nationals are ethnic Yorubas, their assimilation with SW Nigerians shouldn't be much of a problem. However, such a merger would mean that the "new Nigeria" would have 2 major lingua franca-English and French. This would be the replica of the Canadian situation, where both languages are also the lingua Franca of Canada.
musiwa,is that u??
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by FreeGlobe(f): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2013
south west and Benin republic merger you mean? very welcome
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Boll2010: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2013
Bia! Wait why you tink dis kain tin.....cuz I nor jst undastnd aw man pikin go reason dis kain jargons......nawa ooo
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by MagicBishop: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2013
CFCfan: Benin Republic, whose land mass is less than 1/4 of Nigeria's land mass, could be more economically viable if they merge with Nigeria. Cotonou could become part of Lagos.

You are a deluded piece of sh1t to think your Aboki master will let u form your own country.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by 10Willywilly: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe: south west and Benin republic merger you mean? very welcome
Very very welcome, they can come together and form their Ooduduwa Republic. that is good.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Ugom38(f): 11:04am On Nov 08, 2013
musiwa112: why would benin republic merge with Nigeria. It is not possible. the other nigerian will not agree to that. already they the north are saying. they are majority to now add benin republic , will make them more minority. they will never agree.

this thing is easy.. western Nigeria has sovereignty. And is a separate country. we just remove western Nigeria.

We would form a trade treaty with benin republic after we leave Nigeria. the border will be open , there would be no border... And trade will be the same. We intend to cross currency when we get the united nation seat. And simulate both economy and every other thing will fall into place. the first step is getting out of nigeria. and most important is international recognition.

If western nigeria get international recognition the rest are very simple. there will be no civil war in Nigeria because of that. It is getting the international recognition all over the world . that is the main problem. And i am making effort to get our government international recognition. The other nigerian are not going to give us any problem. that we leave, because Jonathan is from the east, so his people are not going to complain. because he is the one that in power. So it is very easy..

That feeling you have when your brain gets confused and suddenly you realise that all along you've been reading Musiwa's post.Musiwa i love you but i swear your posts makes my head go gaga cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Nov 08, 2013
That one na double wahala for dead body. We've not finished solving our problems as big as we are and we now want to add more problems by having not just 3 major ethnic groups but also 2 official languages. My hand no dey.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Lilimax(f): 11:12am On Nov 08, 2013
We already have enough problems to contend with as a country.
Let's not go there...
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by iterator25: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2013
musiwa112: why would benin republic merge with Nigeria. It is not possible. the other nigerian will not agree to that. already they the north are saying. they are majority to now add benin republic , will make them more minority. they will never agree.

kindly provide us with the satellite images of Benin and western Nigeria so as to see the geographical size of both
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
@ Magic bishop: For the record, I don't know how I'm tied to some "Hausa master". There is absolutely no need for the insults, as this thread is basically a hypothetical one.
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by CyberG: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
CFCfan: @ Magic bishop: For the record, I don't know how I'm tied to some "Hausa master". There is absolutely no need for the insults, as this thread is basically a hypothetical one.

You have no idea he was on another thread where his tribesman posted some denigrating pictures of the northerners and westerners, only for another person to respond with more pitiful pictures and guess what he does? He comes on that thread, condemns the poster who responded to the lying claims of the initial poster while ignoring the original poster of the thread and then claims he is not Ibo! Now, here is a just a "day dream" thread and he is already showing the typical characteristic of his type who see some people as "masters" in Nigeria! Hahaha...you just gotta laugh, take it in stride but always remember where you and your people are from and always continue to lay the groundwork that will ensure your people are always far ahead! I am sure you understand what I mean, because the bigger man never lays on the small boy; it is always the other way around! You'd never see a country like the US picking on Republic of Benin or Greece (no disrespect to either country).
Re: Nigeria And Benin Republic Merger by Mamacita007(f): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Deep thoughts @ CFCfan. Are you suggesting this merger solely for economic reasons ... because Nigeria is somewhat dependent on Cotonou for importation? We should device ways to take advantage of our major seaports against managing the one Benin Republic has. The point is, Nigerians are not serious in handling any public property.

I always wonder why french language should be of any importance to Nigeria - we're not french colonized. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massob And Niger Delta Group Team Up To Actualise Biafra. / Buhari Names INEC Chairman, Five Commissioners / Dame Patience Jonathan @ 58 : A Woman Of Timber And Caliber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.