Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Open Letter To Nigerians - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Open Letter To Nigerians (814 Views)

To Nigerians And Any One Around The World Who Knows What I Am Talking About ... / Non-verbal communication that is considered offensive to Nigerians....... / An Appeal To Nigerians In The Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nigerians by Adamskuty(m): 11:39am On Nov 08, 2013
Dear fellow nigerians,we all know that few hours from now our belove golden eaglets will lock horns with mexico for the U-17 worldcup.

I will like to use this medium to point out a certain FACT to all of us. Do u know that whenever a nigeria national team scores a goal,Nigerians of all ethnicity and religion will stand up in jubilation and be screaming one word,one language in one voice "GOOAALLL!!!" that moment,we forget our ethnic and tribalistic sentiments whether it was scored by a hausa,an igbo or a yoruba man,we love the feelings,we cherish the moments,we adore the players and we sing with one voice "Up Super Eagles/Up flying Eagles,Up Golden Eaglets" .

When we talk those games,we talk about "Nigeria" with one voice,we always wish nigeria the best and support nigeria with our great manpower to go all out for the "Glory",for the interest of "one nigeria" .

Nigeria can work,nigeria can be a much better place,nigeria can move forward if the hausa man will support the yoruba man in government,if the yoruba man can shun every ethnic sentiments and support the administration of the igboman. Look at the Golden eaglets,the hausa/fulani man (YAHAYA) passes the ball to the igbo man (IHEANACHO) and the igbo man tries and dribbles his way out of the huddles just to set up the yoruba man (AWONIYI) to score the goal, that one goal that we fought for by the collective responsibility, hardwork and contributions of all the ethniic Nationality for one common goal (interest) that will benefit, elevate and sky rocket this one nation to a greater height and achievement(s).

We should learn from this, we are one nigeria, and that one greater nigeria will only be possible if we eschew this our habit of ethnic sentiments and religious bias.

UP GOLDEN EAGLETS,UP NIGERIA, WISHING THEM ALL THE BEST AND THEY LOOK FORWARD TO BRINGING HOME TO CUP FROM U.A.E

YOURS SINCERELY grin (OP) grin

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nigerians by Ugom38(f): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2013
yeah when i saw that the goal scorers of the match between Nigeria and Sweden were frm 3 different ethnic grps i said to myself is it actually true dat it is only in soccer Nigeria gets united.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nigerians by Adamskuty(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
What's wrong with all these mods This thread deserve frontpage for crying out loud,jeeeez! Mamaammi
Re: Open Letter To Nigerians by UyiIredia(m): 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
But Yahaya never claimed Taiwo's or Iheanacho's talents as his. They pooled their talents together. If the poluty of Nigeria were to be reflected in footbal. It will be akin to Arsenal of last season where we wondered how we could survive without Persie. Right now all the chopcomes from one place and relatively little and, worse still evil has been the lot of Niger Deltans since the curse of the black gold. That said, your call to unity is admirable but I will only support it in so far as autonomy of talents is granted as in the analogy you made.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nigerians by Adamskuty(m): 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: But Yahaya never claimed Taiwo's or Iheanacho's talents as his. They pooled their talents together. If the poluty of Nigeria were to be reflected in footbal. It will be akin to Arsenal of last season where we wondered how we could survive without Persie. Right now all the chopcomes from one place and relatively little and, worse still evil has been the lot of Niger Deltans since the curse of the black gold. That said, your call to unity is admirable but I will only support it in so far as autonomy of talents is granted as in the analogy you made.
nice write up.

Well,those different ethnic groups just won us the trophy
Re: Open Letter To Nigerians by Fulaman198(m): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
If our team has the strength to do this at junior level, why can't we ever do it at the adult professional level? It would be nice if we could just unite, but there will always be some ethnic bigots who favour only their ethnic group or a few ethnic groups. Bigots are not educated enough to see past their hateful hearts.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Explain This Dream / Thread For Popular Childhood Yoruba,igbo And Hausa Rhymes/songs / Being Equally Yoked- The Osu/ohu Caste System Of The Igbo Extraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.