Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Power Sector To Generate $40 Billion Investment In 10 Years - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Sector To Generate $40 Billion Investment In 10 Years - Jonathan (664 Views)

I Was In A Cage For 16 Good Years – Jonathan / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Sector To Generate $40 Billion Investment In 10 Years - Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
[size=15pt]Nigeria: Power Sector to Generate $40 Billion Investment in 10 Years - Jonathan[/size]

Olorunsogo Power Plant

Lagos — President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said that more than $40 billion worth of investment would be generated by the power sector in the next 10 years.

Jonathan, who was represented by the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr Olusegun Aganga, gave the assurance at the 10th Lagos International Trade Fair.

"We have created an environment for investment. It is in this capacity that over $40 billion worth of foreign investment will be coming into the country within the next 10 years.

"These are coming from companies like China Power that has invested over 20,000 megawatts of power and General Electric co investing another 10,000 megawatts of power.

He threatened to sanction new owners of the successor companies of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), who default on the delivery of performance agreement they signed with government....

http://allafrica.com/stories/201311041674.html
Re: Power Sector To Generate $40 Billion Investment In 10 Years - Jonathan by pet7: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
i hear u
Re: Power Sector To Generate $40 Billion Investment In 10 Years - Jonathan by Tolexander: 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
Lagos — President Goodluck
Jonathan yesterday said that
more than $40 billion worth
of investment would be
generated by the power
sector in the next 10 years.

LAGOS— President Goodluck
Jonathan assured yesterday that
his government will end the
menace of Islamic sect, Boko
Haram in some areas of the
north by the middle of the year 2012
He said the nation’s security
forces will take total control of
the situation.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/boko-haram-menace-ll-end-in-june-jonathan/
Re: Power Sector To Generate $40 Billion Investment In 10 Years - Jonathan by tomakint: 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
With $40 billion worth of investment directly and indirectly at the same time in the next 10 years coming into Nigeria as a result of the revolution taking place in the Power Sector, it is very certain that the effect of this projection will start flowing in as from next year (2014)! That means yearly, $4 billion (about =N=644 billion) will be realised for the next 10 years which would have absolved the upsurge in the teeming unemployment challenges facing this country! Jonathan has a good heart

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Wishes President Jonathan A Happy Birthday / I’ve Not Made Up My Mind On APC — Atiku / Adetutu Adesida-ojei Is Regent Not Dike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.