Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,444 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria (29158 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by ShobayoEmma(m): 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
ominipotent GOD
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
story! story!!
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by truefact: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
sammyzacks: Gowon is truly a hero.most of you hate him because of the civil war. But Ojukwu gave him No other option. The same Ojukwu ran away leaving his people to suffer. Gowon was sincere and not corrupt as a leader. There is no nigerian leader that match his morality, even Buhari.

WTF, what would Ikemba do? Stay there so you can kill him and celebrate you have killed the Igbo hero... we can't buy your cheap assumption...We told him to run...so he can fight another day...at least he died a hero and buried a hero. Shame on you, we are still better more than most of the tribes and people who fought and killed us.

7 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by azimibraun: 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
Abiolaand Abacha gone dats ok. Bt we have GEJ and Dangote hia nw. I guess abiola and Abacha looted less than dis new kids on the block whose looting is still " work in progress"

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by ACM10: 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
sammyzacks: Gowon is truly a hero.most of you hate him because of the civil war. But Ojukwu gave him No other option. The same Ojukwu ran away leaving his people to suffer. Gowon was sincere and not corrupt as a leader. There is no nigerian leader that match his morality, even Buhari.

Choi @ the bolded. I bet that if Polpot was to be a Nigerian, he will become a saint as time passes by. The same way that some misguided folks were painting Abacha positively. The man who artificially pegged the exchange rate @ N11 to $. I wonder what the recent global recession would have done to Nigeria if Abacha was to remain in power. Can you imagine Gowon who was a forerunner of corruption. The man who sat over an oil boom, yet could not rebuild his country ravaged by war. Gowon who made inflating budgets for projects a tradition. Everything this man gave to Nigerians were inferior. I challenge any Gowon apologist to point to any of his achievement in power apart from winning the war. Finally, he stashed his looted money in London. Went the way he came. This is a man who once declared that "NIGERIA'S PROBLEM IS HOW TO SPEND MONEY". Yet this ninny that I quoted is cannonizing him a saint. I discovered that the problem of Nigerians is laziness to do research. This is why they swallow every BS fed to them.

4 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by AjCityOne: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Magic Bishop: It is obvious that only the good die young. You just have to look at all the useless old men we call leaders today from Gowon to Obasonjo, Buhari to thiefnibu and co.

I guess the name Tinubu always scare the crap out of you guys. I do hope that you have one Tinubu in your region and in time you will see if this is bad or a blessing.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by abacus(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Baba don dey old. or baba don old ni?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Shameless old man.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by thaoriginator: 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Everybody just dey book space. I no wan carry last o.

Na me get dis place o, bad belle waka go far!

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
Gowon is right, only those who are not gaining from Nigeria want it to be divided. What does he expect? The politicians are looting so they want Nigerian unity. The North has nothing yet they get federal allocation why Wont they want it to continue?
So we have heard from his mouth that the only reason why people want Nigerian unity is for their own selfish interests including himself.
I however think he is going to far by calling God into this matter. If God kills he would have died ages ago for starving innocent children because of a war he wanted to win to control resouces. He is evil and I hope it haunts him. One Nigeria is already killing his people. That albatross will follow him for life

7 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by emmaduks(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
i dnt know much about Gowon but i know that if this same Gowon will come out tomorow to contest for any post in this country, some of us that is praying for his death will turn and sing his praise. That is Nigeria for you.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
so this man god also kill. Hmmn. Something for Logicboy and like mind will feed on.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by victorazy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
I think he is right
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
He z a hero to u alone, Gowon z just damn lucky he hasn't been charged for war crimes against humanity due to the numerous atrocities he committed during the war....let him pray an Igbo man doesn't become president while he z stil alive otherwise he will be sent straight to the Hague like his fellow blood thirsty cannibal Charles Taylor.

6 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by godsI(m): 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
The funny aspect of all who fought the Igbos during Biafra war is that they first get defensive about their acts, then, a mild but serious confusion, and finally die away unfulfilled. Him whom the gods want dead, they first make mad. Shove your pride and apologise to Igbos, their blood is shooking the underworld, and the divine is angry.

9 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by tmtech: 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
One thing I am certain about is that,
ABACHA and abiola died thru conpiracy....
How can a general lyk abacha be poisoned by a foriegn woman...ko joor
I guess Gowon knows abt his death..dats y he is speaking for GOD......m

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Ptoocool(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Make God take am too lah,,
Na him 9ja dey wait σ...
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by youngus: 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
You are a very insulting, morbid minded man who still lives in d past...hw perfect ar u?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Oludrex(m): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Couldn't read through the epistle cos it kind of long bt If I may ask... What's there to be save in Nigeria
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
Not God, but men, including Gen. Abdulsalam, in conivance with the U.S, killed Abiola. Abacha was also killed, by the same forces, at least to avert the crises that Nigeria would have plunged into.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by mascot87(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Magic Bishop: It is obvious that only the good die young. You just have to look at all the useless old men we call leaders today from Gowon to Obasonjo, Buhari to thiefnibu and co.

Also people like ojukwu(thank God he is dead),Orji Uzo Kalu, Peter Obi, Armed Robber Stealer Oduah etc.God will take them away also very soon. You foo*ish tribalist madm*n

3 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by waja(m): 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
What of Gowon and Ojukwu?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by watchindelta(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
nawa for dis man ooo angry wat dis country to be one becuz of oil smh undecided
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by frankfis91(m): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
solomon111: lol.
The slaves and their masters.
u are among d slaves bro
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by olatiler(m): 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
1Wilywily:
Abiola was a Thief, he deserved to Die

What property of ur forefather did he stole mr man, wewe Msenge

3 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by skyfall: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Q: How can Nigerians bring out the best from
their leaders?
A: Of course, you pray for the leaders.

That says it all about the old fool called Gowon. This is one of the bastards who milk the country from cradle to grave. And he's still here telling us this rubbish. Your so-called murderer god will take you too soon. Ode!

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Mujah1deen: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ada Nri1: Gowon is right, only those who are not gaining from Nigeria want it to be divided. What does he expect? The politicians are looting so they want Nigerian unity. The North has nothing yet they get federal allocation why Wont they want it to continue?
So we have heard from his mouth that the only reason why people want Nigerian unity is for their own selfish interests including himself.
I however think he is going to far by calling God into this matter. If God kills he would have died ages ago for starving innocent children because of a war he wanted to win to control resouces. He is evil and I hope it haunts him. One Nigeria is already killing his people. That albatross will follow him for life
The North has nothing as in?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by stantob(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
ow11:

That his fake exchange rate that his henchmen used to do round tripping and bled Nigeria's economy even more.

It was military rule that wrecked Nigerias economy. Their intervention, cabal behavior and tactless behavior caused a social change that we are all suffering today. Bullying, blood letting, voodoo economics, you name it, they did it including Abacha himself.

With this present day P.D.P, what do u think will be achieved in the next 20 years plus the already gone 15 years? Is Nigeria getting worse or better? Why can't the democratic riegme right the wrongs of the military. There is no difference, still same old faces. Only G.E.J appears to be the only new face there and he can change little or nothing.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by CharlesPhc: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Saw this map somewhere and felt i should show you!

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by MrBravo(m): 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
And who is God going to take away this time I seriously need an answer
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
God bless Yakubu Gowon. One of the best men Nigeria ever had as a head of state. The Nigeria you fought for, sacrificed for will never be divided.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Rexyl(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Many things are happening, end of the road for some people while it is time to get some things done by others. God help me when it spells confusion and recklessness. someone gloom! some doom! somebody else hope! I focused my touch light, trying to search the hidden truth! And when it is discovered what will you do about it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ateke Tom To Buhari: Treat Anyone Who Returns To The Creeks As A Common Criminal / Photos From Atiku Abubakar's 69th Birthday At His Abuja Residence / " Goodluck Should Not Have Contested" Fayose Insists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.