Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria (29148 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 11, 2013
IF GOD WANTED TO SAVE NIGERIA, HE WOULD HAVE PREVENTED IBB AND OBJ FROM EVER SMELLING POWER.

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Kanwulia: 3:57am On Nov 11, 2013
Like JESUS, useless sacrifice!!!
They died for NOTHING!!!! cry
Mtchewwwwee!!!
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by DWJOBScom(m): 4:22am On Nov 11, 2013
Kanwulia: Like JESUS, useless sacrifice!!!
They died for NOTHING!!!! cry
Mtchewwwwee!!!

Jesus loves you!!!!! He still does
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 11, 2013
malele: Useless unrepentant OLD man.

Some people wud not still forgv dspite all d preachings and sermons.

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by musiwa112: 5:31am On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by NosaHenry(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2013
Old age is really telling on this guy. Why did God not kill you before you plunged Nigeria into the civil war?
Wasteful old man

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by jmslimx(m): 6:42am On Nov 11, 2013
Elliotwiz1: what do you think You're saying??the value of the dollars has changed..... Haven't you heard about the millions of dollars stolen by our part military leader which he could not account for? What do you think He's doing with that money? Sponsoring Boko-haram, i think...... The military does not bring development except it favours them. If they were so good, then why wasn't everywhere in Nigeria fully developed during their rule??

The Media actually Brain washed us on this ( IBB & OBJ ) Planned it all ... Abacha was one of the Best he wanted what was in Libya for Nigeria - People whom killed abacha are same people who killed Gaddafi
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by sammyzacks(m): 7:04am On Nov 11, 2013
My Igbo friends who are mad with Gowon should understand that:
1. The war was truely not about Biafra or the Igbos, but about Ojukwu and his ego.Ojukwu might have been many things but definitely not hero or a good leader of his people.
2. Gowon tried everything to avoid the war. Most of us if in his shoes would do everything possible to make sure Nigeria never disintegrate under our command as head of state.
3.ironsi, kaduna and even zik all believed in Nigeria.
4.Gowon is not evil, he acted as a military commander under the circumstance. His background as a child and as an adult was and is totally Christian. If you listen to his speeches during the war, you will see his good heart.even after the war he started Nigeria on a just path and never stole money for himself.Till today his morality is intact.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by eluquenson(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2013
sammyzacks: My Igbo friends who are mad with Gowon should understand that:
1. The war was truely not about Biafra or the Igbos, but about Ojukwu and his ego.Ojukwu might have been many things but definitely not hero or a good leader of his people.
2. Gowon tried everything to avoid the war. Most of us if in his shoes would do everything possible to make sure Nigeria never disintegrate under our command as head of state.
4.Gowon is not evil, he acted as a military commander under the circumstance. His background as a child and as an adult was and is totally Christian. If you listen to his speeches during the war, you will see his good heart.even after the war he started Nigeria on a just path and never stole money for himself.Till today his morality is intact.

I will agree partially cos i wasn't there but history has told us Ojukwu is just too eager to assume presidency
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:00am On Nov 11, 2013
bolayei: I hate this guy for what he did to the igbos (his fellow nigerians).
Seriously, it was after reading Achebe's Book "there was a country" and I did an in-depth study of the biafran war that I realized that Gowon, Awolowo, and co...in fact Nigeria committed CRIME AGAINST IGBOS. People that are suppose to be tried for war crimes are our hero's and elderstateman.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by confusion247(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2013
eluquenson:

I will agree partially cos i wasn't there but history has told us Ojukwu is just too eager to assume presidency
From your point of view and reasoning, the only way to stop Ojukwu from being a president is to kill over three million Igbos? What is wrong with people asking for divorce, freedom and self determination? I am sure history have also told you that marriage is not by force.
Why is Gowon keeping silent on the atrocities of fulani herdsmen on his people.
Why did Gowon ignore the Aburi accord he signed in Ghana?
Search your conscience........Nigeria is not one and we can never be. Hypocritical One Nigeria is a product of Lugard and the worst mistake in the history of mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by seangy4konji: 8:28am On Nov 11, 2013
All this old men needs to be executed before NIGERIA can be great...All of dem...i weep for my country because i wake up to know all this people still exist in my father land...Your judgement awaits you in heaven but right here on earthyou will witness sadness amongst your family members to all you corrupt officials and goverment people who can provide jobs,steal our oil money and lavish it on worldly things...Amen....It no go better for all of you and sudden death will visit you all unless you change your ways soon....Will you take a kobo to HEAVEN?u cant make heaven self as a 5 star suite is waiting for you in HELL...Baskats!!!
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2013
jmslimx:

The Media actually Brain washed us on this ( IBB & OBJ ) Planned it all ... Abacha was one of the Best he wanted what was in Libya for Nigeria - People whom killed abacha are same people who killed Gaddafi
in any society, once you take away the FREEDOM OF SPEECH from the citizens, you become an enemy even your friends no longer trust you... And this is the major reason why military rule is never welcomed anywhere.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by omar22(m): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2013
Some people cannot engage the brain first before they open there GOB!!!

This old fool said God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria

Another fool said that a plane crash is an act of God

Oh dear!!!

Where do we get these people?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by debeey87(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2013
musiwa112:

Musiwa you are one special mumu, dat guy is a PHD holder, what other school do you want him to go to. Think before you write, Shey I don hear

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by AssoJnr: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2013
i like this man for what he did, if nt for him sme old fool would have hijacked part of Nigeria and call it theirs. eyaaaaaaaa
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by toprealman: 11:21am On Nov 11, 2013
My question to this lunatic is this, why is he still alive?

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by toprealman: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2013
musiwa112:
If after all the years you spent learning Photoshop and this is the best you could give......I give up on you son.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by dedom: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2013
We are now waiting to be saved too the day we takes you also- LOL
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Ammanda(f): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2013
This old fool realized his hands stinks of blood and sort to seek asylum in the church via useless prayer campaigns. No way! Quit the blasphemy, Ur day has been numbered.

Btw, its not by force to marry someone
Even if I married you and realize the marriage is not working I have the right to divorce.
Why is this old man forcing marriage on people who doesn't want? Nigeria is not by force.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
sammyzacks: Gowon is truly a hero.most of you hate him because of the civil war. But Ojukwu gave him No other option. The same Ojukwu ran away leaving his people to suffer. Gowon was sincere and not corrupt as a leader. There is no nigerian leader that match his morality, even Buhari.
You have said it all. No one is worthy to be called a MAN if he can not die for what he believes in. Gowon believes in the unity of Nigeria and he fought for it gallantly and God granted him victory. Show me a patriot and I will show you GOWON.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by debetmx(m): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ammanda :
This old fool realized his hands stinks of blood and sort to seek asylum in the church via useless prayer campaigns. No way! Quit the blasphemy, Ur day has been numbered.

Btw, its not by force to marry someone
Even if I married you and realize the marriage is not working I have the right to divorce.
Why is this old man forcing marriage on people who doesn't want? Nigeria is not by force.

Mr dear sister,

How do you seek divorce?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by KDULAR: 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
We live make decisions, execute such sometimes see the result and there's nothing wrong in making amends if mistakes and even progress is made along the line. When two people fight irrespective of who " wins or losses the fight, the two sides are both positively or negatively affected. If we need to progress in this country especially for all sides I think 40 years plus is a good enough time to have learnt and move ahead. Alas this is not happening, in fact the people who are not directly involved with the pains of loosing properties, lives, homes sleep and peace to name a few, I mean those below the 43 years old are the ones most bitter and fanning the embers of hatred and wishing and indeed going back to Egypt!

There 's absolutely nothing wrong in prayers that the old man is propagating now, and there's nowhere in the interview he granted hwe said ONLY prayers can solve Nigeria's problems. For those who cares to think, of late we've been losing some greats in this country, the late Chief O Ojukwu ( pls don't insult if my spelling is wrong) was one of the latest loss. The reason he was alive till that golden years like others before him was for the remotely affected generations from all parts of Nigeria to learn from their immense wealth of knowledge and experience and make good judgments devoid of irresponsible emotions for the good of their clan and the country at large. Somebody tell me what could've happened if the two persona he mentioned had not died ? We are all saying all negatives today due to failure of those that are suppose to represent our interests in all the tiers of governance ditto leadership doing over the past years their hallowed responsibilities and WE HAVE NOT MUSTERED THE COURAGE AND RESPONSIBILITY TO CALL THEM TO ORDER BECAUSE WE ARE MORE OR LESS LIKE THEM.

The interest of the barber, tailor, market women, bricklayers mechanics, traders, spare part sellers, farmers, parents, bus drivers, pure water sellers etc in different parts of the country are all the same along each and individual professions and vocations mentioned. So also is the interest of all politicians in all parts of the country irrespective, it has nothing to do with you and I and as it is it includes using old wounds and bruises to make sure that divisions exists and persists in order to propagate their access to POWER WEALTH RESOURCES AND CONTROL of their locality but not in the overall interest of all. The earlier and quicker ethnic jingoists and all who will sees nothing positive in what the General and other people like him are at the moment saying the better for their own and community good. IT IS VERY WISE TO BE QUICK TO LISTEN BUT SLOW TO RESPOND. God bless all
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by naiwalam: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

We have not discussed who the hero is. Ojukwu was a hero for standing up for the Igbo people when they needed someone to speak for That's true.

But telling me that Biafrans asked him to run away, No! That's untrue and totally unacceptable. [/size][/b]

tell me again that you are Igbo tongue tongue tongue
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by naiwalam: 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2013

my parents survived that holocaust, but they have told me once that gowan is a good person. i really dont know how to reconcile that with all i have learnt about this gowan character. maybe they had limited knowledge of the man or they expected the worst from him.

God has his reason for keeping this man alive. perhaps he will live to see the futility of war when his precious Nigeria disintegrates into tiny pieces.

i still dont think the man has repented from his bloodlust.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by naiwalam: 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
koastar:
You have said it all. No one is worthy to be called a MAN if he can not die for what he believes in. Gowon believes in the unity of Nigeria and he fought for it gallantly and God granted him victory. Show me a patriot and I will show you GOWON.

you are very shallow. so if america believes africa should belong to them, they then have the moral right to kill everybody in africa to take possesion of it? you dont seem to get that despite your opinion, others are equally entitled to theirs.

using force because you can muster it is not the attribute of a reasonable person.

it is very obvious gowan went into his "police action" because he had gotten the backing of two super powers to crush the biafrans. we saw how the mighty nigeria behaved itself when bakassi was "stolen" and they could not get world power support.

once again, using power because you can muster it is not the sign of a reasonable person. what if biafra had been the side to gain such superpower support, would gowan had had the liver to go ahead with a war against her?

hero ko. bully ni.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
naiwalam:

tell me again that you are Igbo tongue tongue tongue

Aham bu Tobechukwu, awum Onye Awo-Omamma. So yes I am Igbo
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by naiwalam: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Aham bu Tobechukwu, awum Onye Awo-Omamma. So yes I am Igbo

nke mbu, gwam which igbo dialect e suru ihe a, nke abuo, ebe ka Awo-Omamma siri di?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by sonofjos(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
VICTORCIZA: My only happines is that Gowon is alive and with his two eyes is seeing what the one Nigeria he force on us is ravaging his home town and state Platue state.ONE NIGERIA ;DMy only happines is that Gowon is alive and with his two eyes is seeing what the one Nigeria he force on us is ravaging his home town and state Platue state.ONE NIGERIA

I feel bad about what happened 2 your ppl and I don't believe anyone should be forced into any marriage. I am not from (Ngas) gowon's tribe and want you to know that the beroms suffer much more in the plateau killings. gowon's tribe are about the ones who enjoy the most safety and peace. Gowon was only a puppet in the hands of Hausa Fulani. so Pls find another theory for the plateau delimma.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by sonofjos(m): 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
very good point.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
naiwalam:

nke mbu, gwam which igbo dialect e suru ihe a, nke abuo, ebe ka Awo-Omamma siri di?

My spellings may be wrong but ah suona ngi igbo, e ka na ajum ajuju. Awum onye Umuezike na Awo-Omamma.

Ah weh Igbo abuo? Igbo wu Igbo and ah suona ngi Igbo. Awum nwa afor, nwa ama ala grin
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by naiwalam: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

My spellings may be wrong but ah suona ngi igbo, e ka na ajum ajuju. Awum onye Umuezike na Awo-Omamma.

Ah weh Igbo abuo? Igbo wu Igbo and ah suona ngi Igbo. Awum nwa afor, nwa ama ala grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

must you guys claim igbo before commenting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Review Appointments To Address Marginalisation – Buhari / PDP Changes Name Of Delta Gubernatorial Candidate To David Edevbie / Northerners On Edge Over Ethnic Profiling In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.