Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria (29161 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by LivingSoul34: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
domcarez:
He z a hero to u alone, Gowon z just damn lucky he hasn't been charged for war crimes against humanity due to the numerous atrocities he committed during the war....let him pray an Igbo man doesn't become president while he z stil alive otherwise he will be sent straight to the Hague like his fellow blood thirsty cannibal Charles Taylor.

You don't need an Igbo President to file a case against Gowon or any person for that matter at Hague, even you can do that, so hurry up before the man dies because as you can see he is already 80.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by wrealgems: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
We christians like to think God had a hand in Abacha's death, but I have this feeling that the General might be the 'god' in this context
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
If Gowon really said Abacha deserved to die, then he his either ignorant or part of the enemies of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by fredoooooo: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
let him define god
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by garyaustin(m): 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Your Excellency, General Gowon, some one once asked me what i would say to you on meeting you one on one and my answer was " General, why did you stop Nigeria prays? " I am asking you that question now.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by madnigerian: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
1Wilywily:
Abiola was a Thief, he deserved to Die

I do not like Abiola, I do not think that he was free of corruption, but what happened to him was wrong.
Failure to observe rule of law is why Nigeria is in a mess.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:
The North has nothing as in?
do u mean NORTH AS IN NORTHING/NOTHING ?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by confusion247(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Why is Gowon keeping quite on the killing of his people by fulani herdsmen? Gowon should focus on that instaprad of chasing shadows and exposing his hypocrisy.
A man that won free and fair election was killed in Gowon's hypocritical One Nigeria and all he could say is this rubbish and trash, shame on him.

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Amaechi5(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
so is he trying to say dat niaja is now saved
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by madnigerian: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
]Does it mean that if the National Development Plan of your administration had been successfully and completely executed, there would have been tremendous development and transformation of the country?

If that programme was successfully carried through, it would have made a total difference in Nigeria. All the problems of infrastructure that we are having today, is it power, petroleum, fuel, road, and economic development; all these were planned and provided for, for we had a plan which I had already told my Minister for Economic Development at the time: ‘Now that we have completed our third National Development Plan and put on ground how to execute them to the letter, I want you to start thinking and planning for the next development plan.’ I wanted him to ensure that the new national plan should be 100 per cent greater that the very big plan that we were launching. It was accepted world over as one of the most ambitious developmental projections or plan. If it had been carried through, it would have been a different story for Nigeria.

Yes, Malaysia, Indonesia, India are advancing now, probably it is only China that has achieved the sort of growth that Nigeria was being expected to have at that time, the growth of between 12 and 15 per cent for the foreseeable future in 1975. The Asian Tigers only achieved between eight and 10 per cent in 1975.

Precisely.....and if we had followed the Third National development plan., we would have been an industrial power, and the people of the Niger Delta would have had 100% control of their oil resources.

FAILURE TO INDUSTRIALIZE NIGERIA IS WHY WE CANNOT DO RESOURCE CONTROL....WE ARE ALL HOOKED TO OIL MONEY.
OIL ADDICTION MUST STOP. NOW.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Mujah1deen: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
ceejay80s: do u mean NORTH AS IN NORTHING/NOTHING ?
my comment was clear enough.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by richy1473(m): 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
The question now Is, Have we really moved forward as a Nation?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by adconline(m): 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Want to dupe Nogerian? Invoke God's name.
How could God kill MKO when he was fighting to get his mandate? Is God that stupid? He should have said "military cabal" killed MKO. God does not punish one for doing the right thing!
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
God should have killed this old soldier right before the civil war to save millions of biafran... Prayers dont work in an hypocritical nation, we have been praying since 1960 what do we have to show for it
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by ifedun2: 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Don't want to say this General is going senile,but I think old age is beginning to take its toll.
He is henceforth barred from granting marathon interviews.
God killed Abiola ke?For demanding his mandate?Abegi.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
To me, I think Nigeria was better and well co-ordinated in their hands! Not what we have right now..
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by ushafe(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
juman:

He won a free and fair election he deserved to be president not arrested and killed.

WHO AMONG THEM WAS NOT A THIEF?
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by nijanigga: 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
This bloody dimwit, who ruled by the barrel of guns, leader without vision. " Money is not the problem, but what to do with the money"-Head of State Yakubu Gown. A coup plotter without vision. He literarily laid the foundation for the corruption and destruction of Nigeria.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by size38: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
I believe very soon GOD will take away many more like Gowon and his likes to further save Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
angry angrybitch please... lipsrsealed
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by janykute: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
"On Aburi we stand"

3 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Austindark(m): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
see wat religion has caused? nobody want to take responsibilty again.
how did u pass ur exam? prayer
how did u sleep wit ur wife? prayer
hw can u move nigeria forward? prayer
is prayer ur strategy to fight corruption, make well thought economic decisions?
now he totally 4got where to involve god by calling god a political assasin.

btw, why is d north afraid of division?
can't dey stay on their own?
this their love for igbos is suspicious o ...

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by mikey2fin: 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
And soon, That God that took Abacha will also take you
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by juman(m): 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
nigeria is a destroyed and failed country.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
now dat those dudes are dead. Pls tell me, has Nigeria been saved?? Crap.

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by pheesayor(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Abacha died, Abiola had to die. Babangida didn't annul the election so as to remain in power, else it won't have been conducted in the first place, both are very good friends and are alleged to have been involved in shady deals in the past( remember Fela's international thief thief ITT?) Some people didn't want Abiola to become presedent because he had sponsored previous coups and some other reasons we still haven't been told.
Getting Abiola out of the way was to balance the equation and start over again. That's why the two candidates of 199 election were yorubas

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by shehuAO: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Nigerian,my country pple,we all hav problem.which leader amoung all the leaders that is good?i think almost every bodies in this country called Nigeria hav one type of mental deficiency or the order.all leaders are bad who is gud then.we are nt objective in our criticism at all.because of sectionalism,tribalism and so fort.can this country exist in this kind of environment at all.i think only God can save this country AMEN.
Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by debeey87(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
Am sure a gud number of you pple abusing gowon were not born when he ruled. what u shud have done is to use google and read up about his administration.

This same man started NYSC..... before you start criticizing me,its not only in Nigeria where National service is compulsory. NYSC was established to foster unity amongst Nigerians.

About Abiola and Abacha's death,he never in his statement said God killed them,he only pointed out that in the course of their prayers, they asked that God would do the needful so as to ensure successful transition to a civilian govt. To him. the fact that the duo died to him meant an end to rivalry and a beginning of a new democracy.

Forget that corpers are being maimed and killed in the North,NYSC has come to stay and not even your opinion cannot change it.

For those of you clamouring for division of naija,let me ask you; What is the assurance that the current crop of leaders you have in your tribe who cannot achieve anything meaningful with the little they have now will be able to achieve more when they have a whole lot at their disposal.

Gowon said those clamouring for the country's division are those who have not benefited in anyway from its unity. Don't be quick to forget that there are Yorubas and Igbos doing well in Business in the North and same applies to other tribes in other regions of the country.

Let me roundup by saying We are beautiful in our diversity. Pray that Nigeria will remain one. Infact am thinking of proposing to my Abia Girlfriend sef.

God Bless Naija

1 Like

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by nijanigga: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
debeey87: Am sure a gud number of you pple abusing gowon were not born when he ruled. what u shud have done is to use google and read up about his administration.

This same man started NYSC..... before you start criticizing me,its not only in Nigeria where National service is compulsory. NYSC was established to foster unity amongst Nigerians.

About Abiola and Abacha's death,he never in his statement said God killed them,he only pointed out that in the course of their prayers, they asked that God would do the needful so as to ensure successful transition to a civilian govt. To him. the fact that the duo died to him meant an end to rivalry and a beginning of a new democracy.

Forget that corpers are being maimed and killed in the North,NYSC has come to stay and not even your opinion cannot change it.

For those of you clamouring for division of naija,let me ask you; What is the assurance that the current crop of leaders you have in your tribe who cannot achieve anything meaningful with the little they have now will be able to achieve more when they have a whole lot at their disposal.

Gowon said those clamouring for the country's division are those who have not benefited in anyway from its unity. Don't be quick to forget that there are Yorubas and Igbos doing well in Business in the North and same applies to other tribes in other regions of the country.

Let me roundup by saying We are beautiful in our diversity. Pray that Nigeria will remain one. Infact am thinking of proposing to my Abia Girlfriend sef.

God Bless Naija
You're absolutely cheap Nigerian, Gowon literarily laid the foundation for corruption, I'm not sure if you know anything about "odoji" or when Gowon had Nigeria's money and didn't know what to do with it. He become head of state courtesy of Murtala. Gowon brew demons like danjuma and paved the way for Obj, Ibb Abacha and co. There is nothing positive to goggle about Gowon. No blue print for Nigeria's economic development. Nigeria's population was barely 60M during his regime. It could be argued that "odoji" opened the floodgate of uncontrollable, unabated free for all corruption and armed robbery. It was "odoji" that raised and bred unrepentant armed robbers like Babatunde Folorunsho, Dr Oyenusi and co .To me NYSC is a waste, using 20,000 naira /month to suppress the masses. Go and tell parents who lost their loves ones due to NYSC and listen to what they will say. History will never be kind with an opportunist like Gowon.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by simpleseyi: 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
This Gowon is a nonentity. Is it God that poisoned Abacha and Abiola? And is it also his god that asked him to kill 2 million Biafran men, women and children? This old fool should be fed to the lions.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
debeey87: Am sure a gud number of you pple abusing gowon were not born when he ruled. what u shud have done is to use google and read up about his administration.

God Bless Naija

Another senseless post..... If your family member was killed serving as a Youth corper in the north, would you still say NYSC has come to stay?

The reason we are where we are 2day is because we fail to apply logic in anything we do and substitute logic for religious sentiments....

The same Prayer that couldn't save Gowon's people from marauding Fulani vampires that often attack his village at will?

The same prayer that hasn't improved our economy nor save us from corruption?

I'm not against prayer but I see prayer in Gowon's context as a substitute for proactiveness. If developed countries pray instead of thinking or putting corrupt people in prison, do you think their country would be as developed as it is 2day?

Only dumb fools will take dis man seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by debeey87(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sentiments apart, odoji or no odoji, 20k or no 20k, Gowon and Murtala Muhammed have been the best who have ruled this country. When names of people who loot Naija wealth are been mentioned,gowon never did

In terms of managing resources, has any successive govt done any better. He tried his own best and hoped others will continue and since they failed to,what can he do abt that.

Thank God none of my family members died during NYSC. But lemme ask u,was it boko haram that killed corpers that died in road accidents while they are serving.
Agreed that a certain section of my country people are babaric in their thinking and still feels killing their fellow humans will take them to heaven.

What of those ritualist who kidnap people and use them for money. Person wey go die go die any which way.

Gowon is right if you have not benefited from the unity of this country,u will advocate seperation.

Keep praying that God will touch the heart of all of us and remove the spirit of selfishness because that's is what is. causing corruption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch / Senator Elisha Abbo Dumps PDP For APC / Buhari Not In Support Of Open Grazing - Garba Shehu Clarifies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.