Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (15410 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by donklint86: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
swhiss: Satan once challenged Gods Sovereignty, that God is nt a good ruler, and he does nt want the best for we humans, and if given de chance wld turn all humans from God. That was like a huge blow to him. Hw wld God respond?...shld he kill satan? Sure he has the power to do so, but as a wise God nd who also knew that all other angels were as well watching to see his reaction to dat taunt, allowed situation to answer dat challenge, he let satan to influence humans, we all knw the story of job hw God allowed de devil to test him and hw he(job) maintained his integrity and put satan to shame [job 1:6-12].

God has also given the devil de same oppurtunity to rule and influence all humans today[1john 5:19] to shw wu rily is fit to rule ova humans and we hv of course seen wat a failure satan is. His rulership hs brought notin but pain to us, we hear of death, sickness, wars, hunger nd lots more.
God is soon to remove satan nd his rulership and establish his kingdom that will achive all wat satan hs failed to do(daniel 2:44)
may we like job neva allow satans influence to draw us away from God, so dat we wil enjoy al wat Gods kingdom will bring in de near future!
you are correct!
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Busieman:

So why did God create him? Have you forgotten God knows d end from d beginning?

Bro I am not the right person to ask those questions. I don't know who God is neither do I know Jesus. grin grin

I'm Just a young man who lives his life in peace. grin BTW your brother in Christ wants us to ask him questions Pastors couldn't answer grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
MEILYN: Top of the day sire. Please i need to know more about this Lucifer being the USA. Erm , a prophecy right? Which means the USA will be thrown down from heaven when Christ comes?. You said lucifer is Christ? Am not sure but i saw sumtin like dat. And erm i also need some scripture verses pointing the whites aka edomites being in Heaven while Israelites in hell. Have seen it somewhere on one of your threads but i cant just find it anymore. Help ur boy sire. grin grin tanks in advance.
hey Top of the morning to ya MEILYN. more about lucifer being USA ? well if you go to revelation chapter 17 and 18 you would find out that babylon is USA and then you link that to isaish chapter 14. precepts upon precepts my brother lol. , as well as isaiah 47th chapter and psalms 137th chapter amongst several other chapters and verses. will USA be thrown down from heaven when christ comes ? can two walk together except they be agreed ? lol. you think christ will rule alongside USA ? lol. can light behold evil ? edomites in rulership ? book of obadiah, isaiah 34th chapter. israelites in hell ? jude 6 and 2 peter 2 vs 4 and jonah 2 vs 2 wink wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pukkah:

Yes, I'm not a Christian if your definition of a Christian is an unthinking, dogmatic robot who swallows everything that's repeated to him hook, line and sinker and who is not expected to ask questions on ANYTHING.

Yet the Bible encourages people to search for the truth.

Can you see how confused you are?

Why should I even be surprised? It is confusion or a total lack of understanding that would make someone 'rudely' refer to God as a jealous being.

Again, this description is another creation of the human mind. Since men are jealous, then God should also be jealous.

God is above all such notions and emotions of jealously, anger, hatred, selective judgement, faith test, etc.

What is getting obvious is that people like you don't have a clear answer to people"s increasing questions and rather than admit that they don't know, they resort to using their own human, imperfect minds to teach/tell us about God.

Someone even likened God to a teacher while another person compared him to Fasola.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin * * Faints * *
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MEILYN(m): 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: hey Top of the morning to ya MEILYN. more about lucifer being USA ? well if you go to revelation chapter 17 and 18 you would find out that babylon is USA and then you link that to isaish chapter 14. precepts upon precepts my brother lol. , as well as isaiah 47th chapter and psalms 137th chapter amongst several other chapters and verses. will USA be thrown down from heaven when christ comes ? can two walk together except they be agreed ? lol. you think christ will rule alongside USA ? lol. can light behold evil ? edomites in rulership ? book of obadiah, isaiah 34th chapter. israelites in hell ? jude 6 and 2 peter 2 vs 4 wink wink grin
rightly put. Just what i needed grin grin tanks sire.... SAVED.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by castielo(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
If a man shuld go through life without stress and difficulty then he will over look the existence of God. It is called Gods permisive will when God gives the devil power some men and it is Gods perfect will that man be the head n not the tail, above and not beneath. There is no succsses without difficulty or barrier. So God uses the difficulty to give us success if and only if we overcome them. Study the life of job then you will know Gods plan.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
texanomaly:
Smh...you must be a blast at parties... smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin * * Died * *
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by janeade(f): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Op.................. .all ur qustns will b answer today
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Rummenigge(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: eve is the female adam. and the whole rib thing is symbolism. scriptures is allegorical, symbolic and metaphoric.
Are u saying Adam and Eve are 'metaphors, symbols' when it is clearly stated in Genesis that God created them as a 'man and woman' ?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
I always wondering if there is any Special or anything concrete between GOD and Satan, maybe they are separate gods from the same source,,,, am beginning to believe in GREEK MYTHOLOGY

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rummenigge: Are u saying Adam and Eve are 'metaphors, symbols' when it is clearly stated in Genesis that God created them as a 'man and woman' ?

I've said this many times, leave that book called the bible and embrace Scientific books.

If Moses should come back to earth and sees an iPhone, he'd be amazed at the wonders of Science. grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
MEILYN: rightly put. Just what i needed grin grin tanks sire.... SAVED.
not a problem my bros lol, i updated. i added jonah 2 vs 2 to list of hell wink

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rummenigge: Are u saying Adam and Eve are 'metaphors, symbols' when it is clearly stated in Genesis that God created them as a 'man and woman' ?

grin grin grin grin
I've said this many times, leave that book called the bible and embrace Scientific books.

If Moses should come back to life and see an iPhone, he'd be amazed at the wonders of Science
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
well its scriptural lingo. jacob is not one man but he is represented as a man. esau is not one man but he is represented as such.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
They said GOD created everything on earth,, GOD knows when everyone will die and he knew us from the day we were born,, my question is why GOD created the one that will go to hell fire in the beginning since he knows that the person will finally ended in hell?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Pukkah: 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
castielo: If a man shuld go through life without stress and difficulty then he will over look the existence of God. It is called Gods permisive will when God gives the devil power some men and it is Gods perfect will that man be the head n not the tail, above and not beneath. There is no succsses without difficulty or barrier. So God uses the difficulty to give us success if and only if we overcome them. Study the life of job then you will know Gods plan.

This is another confusion from the minds of human beings.

Have you seen someone who has denied God because he didn't go through any stress or difficulty?

If you have not, then why are you so sure that not having stress would turn men against God?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by mollusco: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
donklint86: you are correct!

donklint86: you are correct!

No, he was not.

What would you say God was trying to accomplish by proving Himself to the other angels? Was it now a matter of pride? Or was He simply on a less-than-controllable ego trip?

Let's be honest with ourselves: the fact that Satan rebelled against God proves that God's finished work was defective and imperfect. It similarly proves that misdemeanours and inadequacies in supposed moral fortrightness pre-existed that fabled bite that Eve took on the apple.

This and several other points of equal magnitude are clearly indicative of the supposition that God is neither omni-scient nor omni-potent.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: well its scriptural lingo. jacob is not one man but he is represented as a man. esau is not one man but he is represented as such.

How do you read your own bible my friend? Everybody is a different country in the bible. Na wa oo grin grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

If Moses should come back to earth and sees an iPhone, he'd be amazed at the wonders of Science. grin
why would he be amazed at the wonders of science when he already knew that the wonders of science will be enormous in the last days ?

daniel 12 vs 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. << knowledge shall be increased. for the gentiles they now have ipads iphones etc etc. all this is increase in knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Rummenigge(m): 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

Don't get me wrong. Infact I'm a born again xtain. As human beings its normal for us to ask questions but some of these questions will remain as mysteries to us. My goal is to make heaven so that I'll be able to ask God these questions. @obadiah77 is trying his best to anwser all d questions being asked here but he's just beating around d bush. I know he's only human too.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Rummenigge(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: well its scriptural lingo. jacob is not one man but he is represented as a man. esau is not one man but he is represented as such.
bros all humans originated from one man and woman 'Adam & Eve'. This is clearly stated in the bible.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

How do you read your own bible my friend? Everybody is a different country in the bible. Na wa oo grin grin
psalms 78 vs 2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, <<< i read my bible how it is written. in parables and hidden language wink wink
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
Maximus85: God did not create us like robots. He gave us a free will to choose from wrong or right. Your decision is yours. Obey God or disobey him.

God gave strict warning that Adam and Eve should not go near that tree not to talk of touching it. He even told them what would happen if they this obey him. They chose to disobey him knowing well of the consequences of their action.

Fashola said we must use the pedestrian bridge, evidently its for our own good. But some people would still cross the express. If they get killed....would you blame Fashola for anything? Read Eccl 11:9. You will be judged based on your decision.

I heard someone saying he need to be purified before making heaven.

The Bible says "there will be a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness is to dwell" if God destroys the planet as they teach you...will he destroy heaven too?

The new heaven has been since Jesus and his angel sent Satan out of heaven, a new earth will be when Satan and his demons are destroyed...only then will righteousness dwell here on earth. Why go to heaven again?

I agree with most of the things you wrote up there. But you do know that Armageddon is inevitable right grin? Oh, well that is what I have been reading from the good book. The war will come but not all would be destroyed...

Zechariah 13:8-9

That is the prophecy right there bruv!

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Sike(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Here:

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Rummenigge(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
I taya oo
rudedough:

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by tevinsolt: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
if you're too dumb to know that influence is not synonymous with giving into an action
temptation is not trying out
what is love without freewill to chose?
what is obedience when there isn't an equal opportunity to disobey?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rummenigge: Don't get me wrong. Infact I'm a born again xtain. As human beings its normal for us to ask questions but some of these questions will remain as mysteries to us. My goal is to make heaven so that I'll be able to ask God these questions. @obadiah77 is trying his best to anwser all d questions being asked here but he's just beating around d bush. I know he's only human too.
amos 3 vs 7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

colosians 1 vs 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

to you the mysteries in the bible is a secret, to me it is not. all thanks to Yahawah

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rummenigge: bros all humans originated from one man and woman 'Adam & Eve'. This is clearly stated in the bible.
2 timothy 4 vs 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Kingspin(m): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
We are human not spirit expect everything while here on earth and than pray for the grace of God to see you through. All of us dnt have the same grace from God.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Rummenigge(m): 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: amos 3 vs 7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

colosians 1 vs 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

to you the mysteries in the bible is a secret, to me it is not. all thanks to Yahawah
You've been digressing bro. You've not been able to anwser the questions being asked.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by jayAjoku(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao: God is all powerful. Yet He allows Satan to carry out his deceitful and destructive activities
The Bible pictures the whole world under the sway of an invisible devil. Where did he come from? Did God create a devil to tempt us and to lead us astray?
IS THERE a devil? Many people talk about the devil and Satan. Others scoff and say it's just superstition and imagination.

If you ask me i will say that the fault lies with the manufacturer (God)! God allegedly created humans, yet he faults us for being guided by our desires, instincts, and natural tendencies. Since he’s supposedly omniscient, God realized how we were destined to turn from the beginning. He must also have realized that his lament would fuel the urge to destroy his precious creations, only to leave himself back where he started. Even so, he creates Adam, yet hundreds of years later, he drowns nearly all the men (time of Noah), women, and children on the face of the earth because he deliberately chose not to make us to his liking the first time.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Rummenigge(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: 2 timothy 4 vs 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
I rest my case, I won't argue with you again. To you ur views are always right in ur own way, maybe u have a bible different from d normal bible. *unfollows thread*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

David Oyedepo Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.