Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins (1118 Views)

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives / Buhari’s Team Changes His Official Portrait Just One Week After Release (LOOK) / Double Wahala In Tarawa.governor Handicapped,speaker Death,deputy Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Barely one week after the death of Speaker of Taraba State House of Assembly Haruna Tsokwa under circumstance that is still generating different interpretations in the state, his deputy Adamu Tanko Maikarfi has also escaped being killed by unknown assassins who trailed him to a certain location in Jalingo, a credible source in the state said.

SaharaReporters equally important confirmed the story from the Deputy Speaker through our source.

Maikarfi who sounded fearless on the phone said, “It is true that they came wanting to kill me in my brother’s home. They got tips that I was there; when they came they did not meet me, after they searched all the rooms holding everyone at gunpoint. God saved me and I thank God, they did not also kill anyone in the house. Only the wife was traumatized as they took her around the house searching for me.”

He added that the security agencies in the state are aware of the development, and that he will continue to stand by the truth and will not bow to any pressure to comprise his office.  

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/one-week-after-speaker%E2%80%99s-death-taraba-deputy-speaker-escape-assassins
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by Chazzyboy: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Nawao

1 Like

Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by psucc(m): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
Just clearing the road for sun . . .
Politics of do or die.
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by Wsdm: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
All because of one " terminally ill man" that celebrated his one year crash-anniversary in the church and some gullible religious bigots were quick to swallow such propaganda pouring encomium on him.
One thing is certain. He and his collaborators can never silent the popular voices till eternity.
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by Tintinix: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
So who is trying to kill or killing who in Taraba State?
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by destino24(m): 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Its happening already. TBJ said it sad
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by slimming: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
politics of men
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by rabzy01: 3:43am On Nov 11, 2013
It has began. cry cry

If they like, let them kill all those politicians who oppose the return of this incapacitated lizard, Suntain will never live to be governor again constitutionally.

Mods, front page please.
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by gbadexy(m): 3:58am On Nov 11, 2013
I'm not surprised, in fact I predicted more casualty in this ongoing tussle.
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by otokx(m): 4:58am On Nov 11, 2013
This state has quiet yet deadly people; see as they are killing themselves.
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by unongu(m): 5:20am On Nov 11, 2013
JALINGO—Deputy Speaker of Taraba State House of Assembly, Mr Adamu Tanko Maikarfi weekend escaped being killed by unknown assassins barely one week after the death of the speaker, Mr Haruna Tsokwa.

The assassins were said to have trailed him to a certain location in Jalingo.

Confirming the assassination attempt, the Deputy Speaker said: “It is true that they came wanting to kill me in my brother’s home.

They got tips that I was there; when they came they did not meet me, after they searched all the rooms holding everyone at gunpoint. God saved me and I thank God, they did not also kill anyone in the house. Only the wife was traumatized as they took her around the house searching for me.”

He added that the security agencies in the state were aware of the development, and that he will continue to stand by the truth and will not bow to any pressure to comprise his office.

SOURCE: Vanguard

And why is this post not on the front page already
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 11, 2013
bad
Re: One Week After Speaker’s Death, Taraba Deputy Speaker Escape Assassins by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2013
otokx: This state has quiet yet deadly people; see as they are killing themselves.

Killing your enemies silently is the best

(1) (Reply)

Public Holiday In Rivers State For A Week Due. / Maiduguri Attacks: Military Suspects Insider Collaboration / NTDC Boss Fights In Brazil, Chews Contract To Cover Up Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.