Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (18827 Views)

Nursing Students Rape 6-yr-old Pupil In Edo / Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by shehuAO: 11:47am On Nov 11, 2013
Edo/Bendel man go fear,others are on the road hunting for their victims now.they hunt for human being like as hunters hunt for Rats/Rabits in the bush.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 11, 2013
inasmuch as d crime of kidnapping is highly condemnable, theres no way that death sentence is gonna happen..best bet is doing a long time straight stretch like 20yrs hard labor n without parole..Wanna thank God for my bros Ekhomu n family,they were damm lucky..condolences to the Obiyans,Osalobua de ba wa rewhe,ise.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:51am On Nov 11, 2013
saintdeby: Edo state population don reduce b dat o
Are you now saying majority of edoans are kidnappers? every family hav traces of the crime? tel me more!
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by hama20: 11:52am On Nov 11, 2013
coal_coal:

What about the lives these kidnappers have wasted?
[color=#006600][/color] kidnapping does not waste lives,anything that involves killing is a case of murder and not kidnapping. i tink decision to kill kidnappers is a very harsh one, they shuld be sentenced to jail if murder was among their offence. after all people who steal government funds are not srentenced above 2yrs and are even given option of fine(john yacoube). it may intrest you to know that the number of indirect killing nigerians have suffered in the hands of political looters is more than what crime is doing. eg death in the accident from bad roads, death of pensioner who could not afford feeding and medical care cos of govt looters, and so many others, if they dont get death sentence ,why sentence unemployed youth who have taken to crime as the only means to survival. well death sentence can never be the solution cos the crime will continue as long as there is high rate of unemployement.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by blackpanda: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2013
Personally i am pro-life, but after a family member was kidnapped twice in three months leaving her utterly emotionally and psychologically damaged, i believe Oshiomole is in order. I would have said commit them to life sentence, but the problem is that these kidnappers work through intelligence. They will still be able to carry on their nefarious activities from prison....not to mention the fact that inmates escape from prison all the time!

2 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:58am On Nov 11, 2013
cheesy grin
Justicemy: dis is pure jungle justice
Are u a kidnaper? Take a bullet.. ------> undecided
Justicemy: dis is pure jungle justice
Are u a kidnaper? Take a bullet.. ------>
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by igbeke: 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
wogor@paradise:
i begining to see the relatives of kidnapers......... Security be on the alert
ur fada.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr oshiomole should keep deceiving himself, for God sake you cannot eradicate crime where poverty is endemic,not as if I am a mouth piece for the kidnappers(rich nappers) but they are all product of the senseless and the callous leadership we have been experiencing in our clime,instead of handing out punitive sentences to these misguided few,a corrective measure should be taken by sending them to correction facilities, many public office holders loot our nations resources to the detriment of the larger populace and nobody is hanging them,people die in their thousands if not millions because of bad roads,bad hospitals,lack of clean water yet the architects of all these misfortunes are never killed but celebrated,mr oshiomole are you without sin? Why throwing the first stone? Porsterity will judge you for not rehabilitating this young men who have been deprived all of benefits of good governance and thus resort to nefarious activities to make two ends meet.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by bfmconcepts: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Poverty is not an excuse for crime.
He should use those ones as scape goat, you will see how kidnapping will reduce drastically
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
get your daily football Betting prediction at http://olekumaster..com
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by bokohalal(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
Only 100? Those people have killed more than 100. Policemen,drivers,Popular Edo Juju musician Bayo Ade (someone I knew well,personally),Tom Sorae's(Tomline) wife,Obiyan and others. They killed nightlife,freedom of movement,the hospitality business,investment and the transport industry in Edo State. What of the teachers and doctors? They killed every aspect of life in the state and the state has done the right thing in its power to stem scorched earth policy of kidnappers in Edo.
Please, who commited genocide?

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by igbeke: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Novice1:

Are you one of them?
not at all.
if u care to kno, I am a self made man. God willing, my children will not lack anything good in life.
But I am only a concerned Nigerian.
Think of it dis way, what do u think will happen if our looting leaders are made to pay heavily for their evil acts. perhaps tru dsame death penalty?
dont think our money will be made to work for us, jobs will be available for dese idle hands and crimes will drastically reduced?
once again, I am not a criminal but an enterpreneur.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Why do we call them KID-nappers These people are adults, thy should be addressed as ADULT-nappers. grin
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
Good riddance to bad stuff... undecided
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Btruth: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
coal_coal:

I wonder oooo.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by vislabraye(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
igbeke: Dont we think its hightime we began to face d realities on ground instead of dis journey in futility?
do we really tink dis "genocide" will bring a lasting solution in face of starvation?
i'm only tinkin loud pls.

Just pray you or a member of your family don't fall into the hands of kidnappers. Its not an experience you will like.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by yorke1: 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
100 politicians who have and continue to jeopardise the future of our youth walks freely. So Adams cannot pass into law death sentence for corrupt politicians in his government. God is not happy with this injustice. Is this how APC government want to rule us with iron hand. Is it all about choping alone?
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Delafruita(m): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
coal_coal:

and what happened to kidnappers that didn't commit murder?
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by jaymdee(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Willgates: and over a 100 politicians are going about freely
The politicians didn't kidnap anyone.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by kennyogbes: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nah wa
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by jaymdee(m): 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
kennyonthrone: 30yrz imprisonment would ve bin a beta option
Killlin no mata wat I jst dnt lyk d idea
30 years on whose money? The same tax payers that they've been kidnapping?
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by yorke1: 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Its time we all sit down and address the root cause of this menace called kidnapping. Passing death sentence would put an end to it! Anit there laws against arm robbing? Terrorist? Government for once should do the needful thing.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by bokohalal(m): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
yorke1: 100 politicians who have and continue to jeopardise the future of our youth walks freely. So Adams cannot pass into law death sentence for corrupt politicians in his government. God is not happy with this injustice. Is this how APC government want to rule us with iron hand. Is it all about choping alone?

Name one politician in Oshiomole's government that is corrupt.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
lovat:
Two wrongs don't make a right. Killing them won't stop kidnapping rather a more pragmatic approach like giving them longer sentences and those ones that show remorse on the long run will be paroled and reintegrated back to the society.
How pragmatic is a jail sentence to someone who has 2m naira to buy his way out of incarceration only to be replaced with an innocent bystander?
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by dady12: 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
lovat: 100 human lives to be wasted by govt. It reminds me of the word lawful genocide.
if any of your family have been kidnap or die through that process,i think you cannot come here to vomit thrash
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by yorke1: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
bokohalal:

Name one politician in Oshiomole's government that is corrupt.

What a question! No doubt you are a minor for asking such a question. Oshiohmole won't deny it himself when face with his shadow if he is corrupt or not.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by greggng: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Some of us re saying rest in peace as if the law has taken is course. They will be tried and the have option of appeal to supreme court. I am sure not all will be quilty. Moreover oshob aba would ve left office before the case ends. The new administration will review the case and free them or comute to lesser sentences.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Tbken: Some years ago....my skulmates was shot by d SARS....at a bustop in d evening after benediction...one died instanta cos d bullet pieced his skull,d oda was left wit a destroyed leg..
why because they were in search of sm common criminals they believed took d direction of d bustop.....After shooting the two innocent guys...they realised it was a huge mistake....whole skul of d area rioted 4 dat...goin 2 police stations nd vice versa....wen it became clear 2 d government that they made a terrible mistake they compensated d families...NOW WHAT AM I SAYING...100 kidnappers? Is a lie...only 30 will actually be kidnappers...30 are innocent...40 common thieves...datz ma MIND OO
So two of your comrades were wrongfully prosecuted , therefore, this 100 is a false number? What school, exactly, did you go to? They need to review your transcript and fail you in logic.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by pet7: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
For past ques and ans in immigration Nlng nddc ptdf call 07063325533
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by bokohalal(m): 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
yorke1:

What a question! No doubt you are a minor for asking such a question. Oshiohmole won't deny it himself when face with his shadow if he is corrupt or not.
I need evidence,boy. Stop market women gossip. Actually,that is an insult to Nigerian market women. You are worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Girl Raped To Death In Adamawa / CBN N8bn Scam Suspect Has Hole In The Heart--lawyer / Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.