Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (18825 Views)

Nursing Students Rape 6-yr-old Pupil In Edo / Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2013
coal_coal:

What about the lives these kidnappers have wasted?
Unlawful genocide.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by born2boink(m): 10:11am On Nov 11, 2013
100 keh, hope this could be prove beyond reasonable that because most of them may not be guilty
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by donsax: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2013
Nawa o!!
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by kennyonthrone(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2013
30yrz imprisonment would ve bin a beta option
Killlin no mata wat I jst dnt lyk d idea

3 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by donphilopus: 10:12am On Nov 11, 2013
When it was first passed in the state, they thought he was joking
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Arosa(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2013
They should be sent to a prison in Borno state. They should not be executed. undecided
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Pokemon43(f): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Ijeoma as you travel to the undaworld courtesy of ur greed,i nor go pity una
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 11, 2013
kennyonthrone: 30yrz imprisonment would ve bin a beta option
I no blame you, na fringe you dey. Tell that to Obiyan's family.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Walexz02(m): 10:15am On Nov 11, 2013
waleadex: We really do need coordinated efforts to deal with the problem of crime in Nigeria. Let them all be be properly tried/prosecuted and let the law takes its place.
What

What are you saying sef angry tried/prosecuted you say undecided it seems you are not tired of beeing on a long thingthing.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Parisfran(f): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2013
bandiejay: which station is showin it please undecided
Oga you harsh oh!

I feel life imprisonment is going to be better for them than dealth penality. Nobody in Edo state will plead for them though, because they are the once facing the heat of those boys. I can remember clearly what they did to the wife of an oil businessman, gang raping a married woman senseless and yet still asking for millions as ransom.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by lorenzos1: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2013
100 people to die that's a lot oof waste, why not give them life sentence with hard labour..u can't curb kidnapping through this,you have to address the cause of kidnapping. Unemployment,Poverty,Hunger..

2 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Swiftlee(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2013
born2fuck: 100 keh, hope this could be prove beyond reasonable that because most of them may not be guilty
Yah!! This statement alone would make the Judge pronounce guilty on em! Ba turanshi da kiua walahi
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Sagamite(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2013
lovat: 100 human lives to be wasted by govt. It reminds me of the word lawful genocide.

You are a person!

Product of a failed education system.

Go to a good school and maybe you will end up knowing the meaning of genocide. Cretin!

2 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by olumaxi(m): 10:30am On Nov 11, 2013
lovat: 100 human lives to be wasted by govt. It reminds me of the word lawful genocide.
and who cares wat it reminded u of?..silly
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by warrikid(m): 10:30am On Nov 11, 2013
Good step in the right direction if u ask me.
Slowly but surely,capital punishment would head in the direction of corruption,and its not rocket science knowing who d culprits would be.
Remember,slowly but surely.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by agohavivi(f): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2013
lorenzos1: 100 people to die that's a lot oof waste, why not give them life sentence with hard labour..u can't curb kidnapping through this,you have to address the cause of kidnapping. Unemployment,Poverty,Hunger..
instead of going into crime why didnt they go to construction sites or go to the market and carry peoples goods? Poverty and unemployment is no excuse for crime. Do you know the number of lives these people have wasted? This should be a deterant to those who wish to enter the business of kidnapping especially with its high success rate.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nja147: 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
Too bad for kidnapers but they do kill in the process of capturing/holding victims against their wishes. kidnappers treat their victims like animals. death penalty is good enough for them(KIDNAPPERS). intended kidnappers, You still stand a chance to back off and choose life.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by elspycey(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
eeyah! undecided undecided
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Simulacrum(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
Nice 1 thumbs up Oshioms baba, i cease this oppurtunity to urge all State CEO's, to sign such a bill in their respective states, the earlier social malaise perpetrators are exterminated the better.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Whizkeey(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
Am not against it o, buh they re human beings, cut off their arms or legs...

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 11, 2013
lorenzos1: 100 people to die that's a lot oof waste, why not give them life sentence with hard labour..u can't curb kidnapping through this,you have to address the cause of kidnapping. Unemployment,Poverty,Hunger..

Who says kidnapping won't be curb through this harsh punishment ? The justice system in Nigeria is fuucked because criminals buy their way out either from the police before prosecution or in the law court through corrupt judges. If those criminals didn't show mercy to the lives they caused so much pains to, why should anone feel sorry when they are made to suffer such fate ?

I support capital punishment 100% !
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by cecegorz(m): 10:38am On Nov 11, 2013
Erm...
Mr. Oshiomole, what do you do to your official kidnappers that mount guard at both ends of Benin by-pass with long poles studded with 12 inches nails, lying in-wait for unsuspecting motorists and fleecing them of their hard earned money?
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by agohavivi(f): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2013
kennyonthrone: 30yrz imprisonment would ve bin a beta option
You liking the idea or not, changes nothing. They deserve to be killed because most of them have sent a lot of people to their untimely graves. Poverty and unemployment is no excuse for crime.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by texazzpete(m): 10:44am On Nov 11, 2013
Excellent.
Kill the waste pipes. Only thing I find bad about this is that it is not being televised.
Oshio baba, fix this ASAP!
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by raffite: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2013
We have to be double double sure that these are all kidnappers.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 11, 2013
Front page oooooo...kill dem all
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by godwinony(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2013
igbeke: Dont we think its hightime we began to face d realities on ground instead of dis journey in futility?
do we really tink dis "genocide" will bring a lasting solution in face of starvation?
i'm only tinkin loud pls.
Then think it silently in your head
what is futility there?? It is the right step in the right direction. Poverty and starvation is never and excuse for kidnapping or armed robbery. Look around you, there are many things one could do for a living..unless you haven't been hurt by these people, you wont know the mindset the gov'nor used to sign the law..i'm even recommending capital punishment for looting head of offices and corrupt politicians.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Edoblakky(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2013
As it stands now, this matter is beyond debate as the bill of death sentence had been signed and everyone including the kidnappers are well aware. I think that from the moment the bill was signed, anyone having the courage to kidnap and still go to kidnap actually dared the governor. For this singular reason alone, I'm inclined to agree with those who say let them be killed. But that all 100 people are guilty is a complete horse of another colour!
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2013
texazzpete: Excellent.
Kill the waste pipes. Only thing I find bad about this is that it is not being televised.
Oshio baba, fix this ASAP!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some of us are under 16 tex !
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by justi4jesu(f): 10:53am On Nov 11, 2013
Why should you feel sorry for people who kidnap and kill innocent people,even children without conscience. Death is the best judgement for them because they dont deserve to live or maybe when they kidnap and kill your mum,dad or relatives then you wouldnt be against it. I give my 100% support Mr Governor.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Reference(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2013
moneybag100: Oga ooo..make osho baba sha dey waka with full battalion army because if the same kidnappers wey he signed death warrant for go nab am.....omo na him blokos dem go cut oo.

It is State law not Oshiomole's law. The crimes are not comitted against the governor but the people of the State. Let us begin to seperate personalities from issues and processes and begin to build institutions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Who Physically Abused 7-year-old Girl Jailed For Human Trafficking. Photo / One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. / DPO Arrested Over Escape Of Suspected Ritualist In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.