Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (18826 Views)

Nursing Students Rape 6-yr-old Pupil In Edo / Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Reference:

Look mister. Every society reserves the highest punishments for the offences that hurts it the most. Kidnappers, robbers and terrorists shed blood in Nigeria and we consider that vile.

America found terrorism so vile it broke its own laws of rendition, detention, interogation and warfare to contain it. Now that the threat is reduced everyone is becoming civil. There were hangings and execution throughout Europe right uptil the 20th century when capital crimes abated and thus punishments were similarly relaxed.

We are facing our dark age and need ultra tough laws to tackle our most vile crimes. When our society begins to develop we will relax these punishments. As for capital for financial corruption, it will surely come when we can surmount the obstacle of sectionalism or when we collectively view it as vile enough.

Today the kidnapper is state-less, tribe-less and mandate-less. We the people know him not and so he must die. Tomorrow the politician will become exactly that. We will get there. Then we will become civil and preach holiness. Only then.
Amen. Preach! Many of these diasporans like to form civilisation when only yesterday Obama went into another country to assassinate an enemy of his country. Why didn't they wait for him to enter into American territory then arrest and try him?

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by UyiIredia(m): 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
saintdeby: Edo state population don reduce b dat o

A reduced population with significantly reduced kidnapping is preferable.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by eluquenson(m): 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
Shey bro Adams wan do the burial undecided
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by gbishman: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
I think death penalty is too stringent may our capable governor could have suggested life in prisonment with hard labour. this labour could be utilising them in clearing and sweeping benin city in the presence of people or cracking the rock boulders in okpila or manually claeaning the blocked drains in edo state and its environs

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
What are they still waiting for? Fast track the trial. One hundred bullets to the head for one hundred scum bags, rapists, murderers, vermin, etc.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Parisfran(f): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Most people against this death sentence have not put 1 toe in Edo State. The average Edo person has seen the evil this boys commit. If it is not you, it would have been a family member, a neighbour or a church member. I've seen the evils that this boys do. Anybody that says it is unemployment, probably haven't seen the guns and ammunition they carry, those things are not cheap. People that can kill a man in front of his kids! This has nothing to do with unemployment, its all about making quick money.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by akdjr(m): 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
This is a nice move by Government, but it will be better if such penalty can be passed to our leaders who are busy embezzling our country money meant for development.....
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by ojimbo(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Willgates: and over a 100 politicians are going about freely
then go and join politics than coming here to make alot of noise, we are here talking about kidnaping and you are talking about politics, do you know what effect this kidnapping of a thing has done to nigeria as a country? Waste all of them, i will be glad if i am among the executioners
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by skyscraperTM(m): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
If you ask me i'll say only those kidnappers who were caught after the law had been signed should face death sentence. #just sayin'
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
If you ask me i'll say only those kidnappers who were caught after the law had been signed should face death sentence. #just sayin'
Why? Because the ones caught before weren't aware that kidnapping isn't a civil thing to do? They do not deserve to live period. Maybe when your mother is kidnapped and they demand for 200million all this your humaneness will be altered to accommodate pressing realities.
So, in your enlightened opinion, someone who forcefully takes physical and mental control of someone else while threatening their families with possible death for money is fit to live?

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by mamagee3(f): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
100 kidnappers in a state and those are just the ones that were caught? shockedshocked

Now I know why they say there is no safe place to stay in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Sagamite(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
mama-gee:
100 kidnappers in a state and those are just the ones that were caught? shockedshocked

Now I know why they say there is no safe place to stay in Nigeria

You are still alive on NL? shocked
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by arimahoseloka(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
In as much as it is painful to see how these kidnappers are terrorizing the state, death penalty is never a good thing.. Life imprisonment would hav been beta.. Or life in solitary confinement.. Not death!! Plz
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by obuji: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dygeasy: With Nigeria's Poor Criminal Investigative System, I Can Bet Not All Those Guys Are Acutual Kidnappers.

Some Will Be Unluckily Unfortunate.

RIP To The Innocent Amongst Them Tho.
that's why it's very important to be careful with the kind of friends you keep around you.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by obuji: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
lorenzos1: 100 people to die that's a lot oof waste, why not give them life sentence with hard labour..u can't curb kidnapping through this,you have to address the cause of kidnapping. Unemployment,Poverty,Hunger..
you are wrong. Do you know how many people in state who are unemployed? Are they turning to kidnapping business?
In fact unemployment, poverty and hunger should be a good instrument to teach out youth how to be creative in a good way and not in a bad way. If our youth can channel the risk and strength they put in kidnapping and robbery to farm work and other legal ideas, we should be fine.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by kenobltd(m): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Wish other states will follow suite
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by andyanders: 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
The most violent criminals on the face of this earth are Edo people. They should backdate the law to 2009 cus if you are travelling to the Eastern part of the country or coming to the South south, until you pass Edo, you can NEVER have peace.
Their own has taken prostitution as profession and their own too, kidnapping as a profession.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by maxit2(m): 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
andyanders: The most violent criminals on the face of this earth are Edo people. They should backdate the law to 2009 cus if you are travelling to the Eastern part of the country or coming to the South south, until you pass Edo, you can NEVER have peace.
Their own has taken prostitution as profession and their own too, kidnapping as a profession.
Ogun kill you

https://www.nairaland.com/1513299/robbers-kill-2-injured-two

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by crackhouse(m): 1:24am On Nov 12, 2013
lovat: 100 human lives to be wasted by govt. It reminds me of the word lawful genocide.
just pray never to be a victim because if do, I am sure your comment will surely change.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Intelligentman(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
cashkid_is_back: hmnnn.am i suppose to hv sympathy for them
Is like you are one of them?
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Tbken: 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
fresh_dude: So two of your comrades were wrongfully prosecuted , therefore, this 100 is a false number? What school, exactly, did you go to? They need to review your transcript and fail you in logic.
And how did they come about the digit...with their dumb dull system of investigating matters??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DPO Arrested Over Escape Of Suspected Ritualist In Rivers / Suspected Notorious Phone Thief Caught After A Prayer From Victim's Husband / RRS Rescues Tanker Driver And His Assistants From Armed Robbers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.