Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Your First Childbirth Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Childbirth Experience (3964 Views)

Sex Life Gets Better After Childbirth - Survey / HELP! 2 Months After Childbirth, My Mother-in-law Doesn't Want To Leave / How Will You Look After Your Childbirth..look At This Picture!!! For Matured One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Childbirth Experience by critique101(f): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hi nairalanders. I will be getting married soon to my heartrob cool and the only thing about marriage that scares me a bit is childbirth. wink

1. I will like to know how it felt when our married female nairalanders went into labour for the first time and gave birth.
2. How painful was it?
3. How would you rate the pain on a scale of 1 to 10?
4. Was it CS or a natural birth?
5. How long did the labour pain last?
6. Any complications?

I'd just like to know. Thanks smiley
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Alikaxon(m): 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
ask ur mother!
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by sylvar02(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Alikaxon: ask ur mother!

she ask you undecided undecided undecided

some people self

2 Likes

Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by gothrones(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by shindarayo(f): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
critique101: Hi nairalanders. I will be getting married soon to my heartrob cool and the only thing about marriage that scares me a bit is childbirth. wink

1. I will like to know how it felt when our married female nairalanders went into labour for the first time and gave birth.
2. How painful was it?
6. Any complications?

hhmm childbirth,d most wondaful painful feeling I wld wish to xperience again as a mother of one already.my xperience ws beautiful and mindblowing I still luk bk to dt day wt a smile on my face.nothing feels special dan bn part of d first person to behold d sight of wat u carried in u for 9long month...my xperience happened abt 2yrs 8month ago.it started wt a pain in my lower abdomen on a fri nyt.omg!I exclained,is dis happenn for real I askd my mother inlaw.it hapeened @precisely 11pm @ nyt.we cldnt go out dt dday cos of d tym and so I hd to wait till 5am ind morn.it ws d longest nyt I eva had.cos I hd to pace truout d nyt.by morn I ws taken to d hospital.on getn dre I ws chekd by a matron who sd I ws just 2cm dilated.so I hd to wait.@ a tym d pain subsided and I thot it ws just a false alarm.by 5pm d matron chekd again and alas I ws 5cm dilated,@dis point I ws feeling so uneasy.I was taken to d labour room wre I laboured for 7hours more before I ws able to see wat I carried in my womb for 9month.a beautiful baby gurl.I burst into tears and all I wanted to do was hold her.I said to my self it was worth it.So in all I laboured for 28hours.no complications.d pain wld be rated @7.buh it wsnt continuos.and I hd help a lot frm a book I read evrywoman.a gud book for women.it taught me wat to xpect during labour so I wsnt rily alarmed just expectant.it wsnt as painful as I thot.and d amazing part is dat immediately d baby came out I felt relief instantlY.if am given a choice btw c/s and natural I wld gladly choose natural ova and ova again.its a beautiful xperience evry woman shld go tru.so my dear enjoy urself in d life ahead of u,and produce beutyful children wtout fear cos ITS WORTH IT

12 Likes

Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by auntytee: 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
Psycho!

@poster, mayb u shud shud take dis to d family section. I'm sure there'll be matured answers thre
Alikaxon: ask ur mother!
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 11, 2013
All I'll just say is, don't be scared. Enjoy it as it comes. People are fond of saying its easy its fun, but believe me, from day one, its something else. But God doesn't give us what we can't handle. So, no matter the stress and pain, u will find that u can handle it. My baby is just 6 months, and I can't wait to pop another. Also, I had mine via c.s delivery is easier and safer with c.s if u have ♠ good doctor. But recovery takes ♠ while. This might sound like ♠ cliché, but its true. Leave it all to God. Having a baby is the most beautiful thing u can experience as a woman.
critique101: Hi nairalanders. I will be getting married soon to my heartrob cool and the only thing about marriage that scares me a bit is childbirth. wink

2. How painful was it?
6. Any complications?

1 Like

Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by nbright: 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
@shindarayo and teechudley... Where your hubby's with you in the labour room? (do you wished/want him to be with you) .... I am not married yet, not even in a relationship... I just want to have it in mind what to expect if/when it comes to my turn (God willing)
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by cintia(f): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
I had my first baby via Cs and the second via vagina. In my first pregnancy my baby was lying breach so my doctor recommended CD but I laboured for so long before the baby was delivered ( 11 am - 9pm) though its the doctor that delayed and they were waiting for the food I ate to digest,It was a baby girl and I healed fast sha. My second baby's conttaction started slowly around 6 am but I was reluctant about it, I dressed up to go for antenatal in a different hospital but was being lazy so I just lied down. At about 12.30 pm I had rupture (water breaks) so I quickly stood up picked the important things and tracked to the hospital, I got there around 1.30 then I have dilated 5 cm. It's not easy, the worst part is that I was very hungry but could not be allowed to eat anything reason being that if labour did not progress let them carry out emergency cs. I finally delivered my baby boy by 4.30pm. After the delivery of baby and placenta the nurse said a piece of the placenta is still remaining, that one took her time o but thank Gos she finally removed it.
My dear it's two side of feeling but the bundle of joy it brings over shadow s the pains.

1 Like

Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by critique101(f): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
auntytee: Psycho!

@poster, mayb u shud shud take dis to d family section. I'm sure there'll be matured answers thre

How do I take it there?
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by aduaba(f): 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hmm.. I wanted a normal birth but unfortunately for me dilatation was rather slow so I had to go through a c.s ..the pain I went through during all the hours of labor is something I cnt describe .everyone is different so you might not go through wat I did but don't be scared cos many women have been there so you can too. Having the c.s was such a wonderful feeling and I recovered very early too. The best thing that could happen to any woman is when you have an opportunity to bring another life into this world. I look at my lovely lil girl and forget all I went through cos she's worth all the pain.
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
Yeah, he was at first. But he was too agitated and later d matron asked him to leave
nbright: @shindarayo and teechudley... Where your hubby's with you in the labour room? (do you wished/want him to be with you) .... I am not married yet, not even in a relationship... I just want to have it in mind what to expect if/when it comes to my turn (God willing)
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
I love what I'm reading here smiley

Mods pls can you help move this thread to the family family section?
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Ammanda(f): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
*taps my stomach, baby u better no give mummy stress o, just pop out wen u we get to labor room pls* aww am feeling my baby nods in agreement.

Op just tell yourself
If other women have pass thru it
Are passing thru it
You can can do it.

When the time comes, all you need is
Register in a good hospital. They will guide you thru till u deliver safely either thru V.birth or CS.

1 Like

Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by weymzy(f): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Wow God is great.. Can't wait to experience it thru d help of God .
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by shindarayo(f): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
nbright: @shindarayo and teechudley... Where your hubby's with you in the labour room? (do you wished/want him to be with you) .... I am not married yet, not even in a relationship... I just want to have it in mind what to expect if/when it comes to my turn (God willing)
mine wsnt in lag den,so No he wsnt dre buh even if he ws around hhe wntt hv d mind to stay.my mother in law ws d one in d labour room all tru d process
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by EziAsh: 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
You now how people always say you forget about the pain after you have given birth.Well that is not the case with me,because anytime i think about it scares the hell out of me.From the day i took in it was hell,some women fine it easy ,but for me it was nine months of hell.Anywhere came the day of Labor ,as planned it should have been natural birth,but it became a prolong labor which took two days,believe me it was like i was stock between heaven and hell.Anyway i was lucky that i happened to have had a qualified team of doctors around.After a long and prolong labor which seen like it was never going to end my daughter became distressed and started drinking the amniotic fluid.It was then i was rush for a cs.My husband was there and was even in the operation room.My daughter is the best thing that has happened to me but it is also the hardest thing i have done in my life.Some women go through pregnancy as if it was a walk in the park,and others fine it really had.

1 Like

Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Les: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
My first child birth experience??
it was on 2nd September, 199. The baby was so stubborn and refused to come out simply because I was not satisfied with my 9months natural swimming practice. It was fun living inside a natural water duplex were I only eat, sleep, play and loo in one place and still come out refreshed and neat. Well, I later came out jejely on my own accord after much persuasion and I never regretted it as I came out a handsome, intelligent boy and became my parents pride.
so op, the birth of a child is a thing of great joy and magnificent beauty, something that elevates your status from a woman to a mother and not something you should be scared of.... I need to rub some powder-9ja style wink
I wish I could go back embarassed unfortunately that road is a closed, it is a one way journey, they lied to me, I still love you mummy...
Re: Your First Childbirth Experience by Ammanda(f): 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Wao! Pregnancy and labor is different experiences to different people

Some intriguing
Some scaring

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Date A Guy in The Same Class With You In School?? / See The Mortician Who Has Sex With Females Corpses And Sees Nothing Wrong In It / OMG! English Teacher Conduct Lesson nak*d ( Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.