Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury (17718 Views)

Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? / Todays Match: V.persie,adebayor,gallas,clichy,almunia All Sidelined! A Great Chance For Liverpool. D / V. Persie,adebayor,gallas,clichy,almunia Sidelined! Liverpool Has 2 Win. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Cimbi(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ice4jez: watin ronaldo play or win last season. To make him eligible to win best player. This year best player. Should be a munich player
why not a chelsea player last 2 season when chelsea won the champions league

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
PurestBoy:

Bros compare the statistics of Messi & Sneijder in the year 2010 from Jan 1st - Dec 31st. The award is not a seasonal award nor a team award but individual award. Messi beat anybody hands down in 2010. Milito won the best player in seria A, best player in Inter team, won the best foreign player, Robben won the best Dutch player, so tell me how Sneijder should win world best player? If Chelsea had won the CL the last final they played Man U, CR7 would still have won the world best player cos of his outstanding performance that year, why didn't anybody advocate for Chelsea player to win world best even when they won CL and Europa? This is best individual award & there's no way anyone can tell me Sneijder was better than Messi in the Calendar year 2010 cos Sneijder faded after the World Cup while Messi was redhot while the year continued.
bros tell them o! cos dem no knw wats up
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Walspring: 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
PurestBoy:

Bros compare the statistics of Messi & Sneijder in the year 2010 from Jan 1st - Dec 31st. The award is not a seasonal award nor a team award but individual award. Messi beat anybody hands down in 2010. Milito won the best player in seria A, best player in Inter team, won the best foreign player, Robben won the best Dutch player, so tell me how Sneijder should win world best player? If Chelsea had won the CL the last final they played Man U, CR7 would still have won the world best player cos of his outstanding performance that year, why didn't anybody advocate for Chelsea player to win world best even when they won CL and Europa? This is best individual award & there's no way anyone can tell me Sneijder was better than Messi in the Calendar year 2010 cos Sneijder faded after the World Cup while Messi was redhot while the year continued.

Guy i disagree with some of ur post here cos if its individual awards messi did not deserve the award the year ronald score more than 6 hat tick in a season, broken la liga records etc.

Well i cant imagine u saying sneider faded award after year 2010 and messi still redhot because 2010 reocords wont enter 2011 records so why u comparing the 2 together. Shey kaka play better after 2007 when CR7 won the award 2008?

I want u to stop being sentimental here even last year in terms of individuality CR7 still pass messi and i can state it for u if u want references. We should stop doing like fifa on this thread because most of us here dont watch back of TV.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Walspring:

I tire oo.. I think say nah only me sabi say messi no worth world best for the year 2010..

There a alot of learners here who started watching football just a year ago and those people are anit-ronaldo and barca fans.

I pity fifa and fifa be like nigeria national assembly cos they are corrupted bunch of bias thieves. Can someone tell me why blatter no wan leave fifa president post if not for bias?

Have u people even imagine pele comments concerning fifa world best player whenever a brazilian is involved? That is when fifa will give it to brazilian play and i am still waiting for pele's comment in 2 years time when he will say neyer is world best and messi is not and by that time we will all know weytin fifa dey hide cos pele go open their yarnsh.

Haters, i want u to know that CR7 better pass Messi in everything for football.. (shot power, jump power, speed, free kick, body, height, heading, ariel ball, even diving.. Lol) etc
bla bla bla bla why u no include own goal mtcheeew
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by mamagee3(f): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Sorry, ribery won't win the ballon d'or as he rarely scores up to eleven goals a season.

If the ribery fans are making a case for him because he won the domestic league and the Champions League then I must say you all must be delusional because in 2010 Wesley Sneijder had the best and record breaking year. His achievements dwarfs ribery's season in 2013 yet he didn't even make it to the top three nominees for the ballon d'or.

If Wesley Sneijder could miss out on the top three for the Fifa Ballon d'or in 2010 after winning the domestic league, the Champions league and was in the World Cup final in South Africa, what chance does ribery have? undecided

The Ballon d'or is based on how marketable a player is and also based on goals. Frank ribery lacks both criteria for the award.

What are the chances of someone buying a Fifa video game or merchandise with ribery on the cover as opposed to cristiano ronaldo? probably five out of a 100 chances.

All these things are considered before the award winner is announced. I'm sorry ribery fans, he was rightfully awarded the Uefa Best Player in Europe for the 2012-2013 season with 36 out of 53 votes and it'll just end at that. . .

The Ballon D'or is either for messi or ronaldo, these guys score unimaginable number of goals a season and ronaldo is almost at 70 goals for the 2013 calendar year already, how many goals does ribery have for the 2013 season. . .It's not even up to 20.

Frank ribery has no chance of winning the ballon d'or.wink

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by haykins01(m): 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
Walspring:

I can see that you are too dense to ask that question and u are anti-ronaldo..

Tell me weytin messi play for 2010 to make him elligible to win that award 2010? I still have another year i can point out to u that messi didnt play better but he was crowned world best.

I advise u to stop ur anti-ronaldo spirit cos u dont know anything about football.

please kindly point it out..was it 2009 wen he won all there is 2 b won?or 2011 wen he won d champions league,laliga? Or beta still 2012 wen he was d highest goal scorer both in d champions league and laliga scoring 50goals in d laliga?
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
Walspring:

Guy i disagree with some of ur post here cos if its individual awards messi did not deserve the award the year ronald score more than 6 hat tick in a season, broken la liga records etc.

Well i cant imagine u saying sneider faded award after year 2010 and messi still redhot because 2010 reocords wont enter 2011 records so why u comparing the 2 together. Shey kaka play better after 2007 when CR7 won the award 2008?

I want u to stop being sentimental here even last year in terms of individuality CR7 still pass messi and i can state it for u if u want references. We should stop doing like fifa on this thread because most of us here dont watch back of TV.
6 hat tricks and was still nt the highest goal scorer, what did cr7 achieve last yr that made him deserve the award more than messi which record did he break precisely?
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by ddippset(m): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Walspring:

the weed you smoke is soooo good. No sticks, no stumps. Snoop d0gg must be supplying you. Tell me the year ronaldo had a better season than messi and let us debate it here and now. All your likes are just bluffing. If anyone deserves ballon dor for october and november give ronaldo. But if this ballon dor we are discussing here is for the entire 2013 why are you mentioning ronaldo here?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by msquarewld(m): 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hmmm. I'm just surprise @ those anti-messi. U can shout all u want, d fact remains he's ur world best. Bunch of sadist, u're celebrating sombody's misfortune. It's a shame
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Walspring: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Cimbi:
why not a chelsea player last 2 season when chelsea won the champions league

Ask urself which of chelsea players played better during that year? And how many goals, assist, etc did the play pulled out..

Let me tell u this award has been hijacked from its original vision and goal by fifa/uefa since it was invented.. Maybe u should read the history of the award..

Lastly, ppl vote for their personal choice of player and not what the play had played in a year. because some coaches, players and captain just voted for the players they love and they like but they didnt look beyound/above which most ppl here are doing now and that remind me early dis year wen some ppl said mikel or moses should given CAF MVP when i said pritoria is better than 2 of them during the tournament until CAF gave it to that guy.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by ddippset(m): 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
All the yearsa ronaldo has been competing with a fit messi, he was always a loser. But in 2008 and the past 2 months he competes with an injured messi and gets some advantage and we no go hear word again! Someone even had the balls to say that in terms of individuality ronaldo is better than messi. Leaves me wondering exactly how people reason, no wonder our country is still like this, where 5 is greater than 27 and 16 is greater than 19.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by ddippset(m): 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
mama-gee:
Sorry, ribery won't win the ballon d'or as he rarely scores up to eleven goals a season.

If the ribery fans are making a case for him because he won the domestic league and the Champions League then I must say you all must be delusional because in 2010 Wesley Sneijder had the best and record breaking year. His achievements dwarfs ribery's season in 2013 yet he didn't even make it to the top three nominees for the ballon d'or.

If Wesley Sneijder could miss out on the top three for the Fifa Ballon d'or in 2010 after winning the domestic league, the Champions league and was in the World Cup final in South Africa, what chance does ribery have? undecided

The Ballon d'or is based on how marketable a player is and also based on goals. Frank ribery lacks both criteria for the award.

What are the chances of someone buying a Fifa video game or merchandise with ribery on the cover as opposed to cristiano ronaldo? probably five out of a 100 chances.

All these things are considered before the award winner is announced. I'm sorry ribery fans, he was rightfully awarded the Uefa Best Player in Europe for the 2012-2013 season with 36 out of 53 votes and it'll just end at that. . .

The Ballon D'or is either for messi or ronaldo, these guys score unimaginable number of goals a season and ronaldo is almost at 70 goals for the 2013 calendar year already, how many goals does ribery have for the 2013 season. . .It's not even up to 20.

Frank ribery has no chance of winning the ballon d'or.wink
lol. Messi gets injured and mama shows up. For the first time ever she owns up that MESSI or ronaldo deserves it just because she really thinks meSsi can't win due to yesterday's injury. Don't patronise us. Messi has done enough in 2013 already to win. Ribery or messi wins.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by gustav25: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Now Ronaldo would be like(thank God that dwarf the kpefete now grin
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Walspring: 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Von Bismark:
6 hat tricks and was still nt the highest goal scorer, what did cr7 achieve last yr that made him deserve the award more than messi which record did he break precisely?

Guy i sabi ppl like u well.. FYI let me take u back to CR7 2nd season in la liga do u realise the guy was more outstanding than messi and messi was given the award? Even this previous season messi record does not lift him to be this year world best, if u think messi hogest goal score record he set will be use, u are sitting on a leaf cos that record had already been used in order for him to win last year award. So talk abt another messi record..

If i may ask u, how many hat trick has messi scored in his career?
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by ddippset(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Walspring:

Guy i sabi ppl like u well.. FYI let me take u back to CR7 2nd season in la liga do u realise the guy was more outstanding than messi and messi was given the award? Even this previous season messi record does not lift him to be this year world best, if u think messi hogest goal score record he set will be use, u are sitting on a leaf cos that record had already been used in order for him to win last year award. So talk abt another messi record..

this one is talking about hattricks. Ronaldo's second season? Waas that not the season madrid got thrashed 5-0? That messi won la liga and champions league , and scored 53 goals on the season with highest of 12 champions league goals? And scored in the final? Guy what are u really smoking?
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
Walspring:

guy u too lyk hat trick eh chei! bt when u say cr7 was more outstanding u should give facts, this yr messi scored in 19 consecutive league games and eventually carrying the la liga trophy wat does cr7 hv (trophyless). this yr messi became la ligas all time highest goal scorer wat does cr7 hv ( playing catch up) u see u dnt really knw pple lyk me
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by eluquenson(m): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
I wish you quick recovery Oluomo Soccer
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by eremich: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
Barca need to learn how to play without Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by elrony(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
In la liga;

4 seasons - 19 hat tricks (C.ronaldo)

8 seasons - 17 hat tricks (messi)

Which day Nigerian player go achieve this kinda feat Lol
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Maximus85(m): 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
The steroids are failing him. Time is UP. Ojoro is over. Goodnight messi. If lie runs for 50years the truth will catch up in just 1second.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Maximus85(m): 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
The steroids are failing him. Time is UP. Ojoro is over. Goodnight messi. If lie runs for 50years the truth will catch up in just 1second. Just like Maradona....he will be caught.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Maximus85(m): 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Von Bismark:
guy u too lyk hat trick eh chei! bt when u say cr7 was more outstanding u should give facts, this yr messi scored in 19 consecutive league games and eventually carrying the la liga trophy wat does cr7 hv (trophyless). this yr messi became la ligas all time highest goal scorer wat does cr7 hv ( playing catch up) u see u dnt really knw pple lyk me

Olodo rabata....meshit has been playing in spain for more than 8years. This is CR7's 4th he has 19hat-tricks, meshit has 17. Meshit should try England. Coward!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by DSB(m): 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Haters if u like throw party. However, I think this is a 'good' development for Messi and Barca. This dude has been overworked for the past three seasons and now we are beginning to reap the fruit of not giving him rest while hiding behind the excuse that he always wants to play, so we will let him play. I am sure Messi himself has now matured and realised that na him dey do himself. He also kind of has the world cup on his mind. So, he should say bye bye to those days of playing on like a machine.

Rest well Leo, we will be fine without you. Now Neymar should try and be more selfish and start banging in those outrageous goals the world saw him score while he was still with Santos.

Forca Barca
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by kado(m): 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ope o grin
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by nurmanteasynoni: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nonso23: Bad news... Imagine! I now have to make do with useless and crappy football from the likes of the loser ronaldo for the next two months angry
speedy recovery to the best footballer in the universe!!
WE LOVE MESSI! WE LOVE BARÇA!! cheesy
Na fowl u be
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Maximus85:

Olodo rabata....meshit has been playing in spain for more than 8years. This is CR7's 4th he has 19hat-tricks, meshit has 17. Meshit should try England. Coward!!!
insulting me wont change anything, ur cr7 hat tricks only shows hw greedy and selfish he is, hw many assist does he hv? what messi lacks in hat trick it is well made up in assist, count the first 3 highest assists u ll c messi's name bt count first 20 u wont c cr7's name, as for changing club he has nothing to prove to fanatics lyk u cos his talent is very obvios and talent is neva affected by environment.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
elrony: In la liga;

4 seasons - 19 hat tricks (C.ronaldo)

8 seasons - 17 hat tricks (messi)

Which day Nigerian player go achieve this kinda feat Lol

U bleeped up

Penalties nko
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by PurestBoy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
ddippset: this one is talking about hattricks. Ronaldo's second season? Waas that not the season madrid got thrashed 5-0? That messi won la liga and champions league , and scored 53 goals on the season with highest of 12 champions league goals? And scored in the final? Guy what are u really smoking?

He smokes SK
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Maximus85: The steroids are failing him. Time is UP. Ojoro is over. Goodnight messi. If lie runs for 50years the truth will catch up in just 1second.

Shey na agunmu u smoke abi moju powder....u no dey ok o
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Maximus85:

Ok,,,na hat-trick dem dey use win balon d'or....o ti ya werey......go ask canavaro
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by charlesm91(m): 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
tomakint:
Fraud? shocked shocked shocked Are you alright? Even this year, Cristiano stands little or no chance of lifting that Ballon d'Or you better start getting used to it, Ribery still towers above him. The truth is, Messi emergence defined an era, an era that will be forever cherished in the history of world football......I have seen many players that plays, dribbles, run, nods, dress, shoots like Cristiano but Messi? Never! He remains an enigma in the world of football till the end of time, get used to it! Let me jolt you finally, Messi's return by January next year may even see him overtaking C. Ronaldo in number of goals scored and even some additional 'wonders off his bag of tricks' you can quote me!
pls be realistic, cr7 n messi average over 50 goals wit marginal diff. Btw em so unless cr7 stops scorin' nw, i dnt see messi overtaking him. Nt in dis form he's in. 24goals already n counting...wish messi speedy recovery tho
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by fishmakas: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
U be big mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Football Club You Love Watching But Do Not Support? / Liverpool Vs Crystal Palace (3 - 0) On 18 September 2021 / Sporting Club Vs Arsenal Europa League (2 - 2) On 9th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.