Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,136 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

3 Words He Never Wants To Hear You Say - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Words He Never Wants To Hear You Say (989 Views)

Before You Say "I Do" Test Drive The Engine / 5 Things Women Hate To Hear / 12 Things A Woman Never Wants To Hear Her Man Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Words He Never Wants To Hear You Say by nKay448(f): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
You may not even realize you're doing it, but saying these three little words is an instant turn-off to guys, not to mention awful for your own self-esteem.

If you want to turn off a guy fast, allow me to recommend three magic words. To guys, these words are the Holy Grail of annoying things girls say, the abracada bra of instantaneous mood killers, the uglier cousin to the infamous lose-lose query: "Do I look fat in this?" The three words guy’s pray you never say to them: "I look fat."

Imagine the worst thing a guy could say to you (thought joggers: "I'm in love with your sister," "I killed a man..."wink, multiply it by 10, and you'll start to understand just how awful it is for guy’s to hear "I look fat" coming out of a girl's mouth, especially a girl they really like or, worse, love. "When a girl says she looks fat, all they think is, How can I get out of this conversation as quickly as possible? She's either fishing for compliments, she doesn't like herself, or she actually has gained weight, in which case, So what? Do something about it, or stop worrying and be comfortable with yourself the way you are," he would say.

Now, I'm not a man, but I'm guessing "Please, make this stop" isn't the reaction most girls are hoping for when talking to a guy. Yet that's where their brains go when they hear those three words. Here's why.

When A girl Say "I Look Fat," They Feel Helpless
Once guys hear that, they know that no matter how many times they tell you how hot you look, you won't believe them. You've already crossed over to the dark side of deep insecurity and you're too far gone. Guys hate feeling helpless.

It's a Guaranteed Killer of Good Times
"As soon as a girl says those words, the night's ruined," "She's already feeling down on herself and in a bad mood. It's a drag." It's also totally pointless. "It's basically like saying I look ugly.

You're Planting a Seed of Doubt in There Minds
Your guy knows you're not fat. He can see you're not fat. But the more you say you're fat, the more he'll start to question the evidence.
A scenario: Had a friend who was involved with a really pretty girl who was so convinced she was overweight. She told this friend she thought she was fat so often that when his parents came to visit, He didn't introduce her to them. Why? Because he doubted whether what he saw when he looked at her was what other, more objective people saw. Saying "I look fat" connects you and fat in a guy's mind. And once that connection has been made, it's tough to shake.

You're Making Them Feel Insecure Too!
I get it--there's an incredible amount of pressure on women to look perfect. But it's easy to forget guys feel some of this pressure too. "When a girl says she looks fat," "First the guy is like, seriously? Then he thinks, Wait a minute....Is she? Followed by, Crap, now I feel fat. I should probably hit the gym tomorrow." On uttering those three words, a guy goes from having a good time to wondering why the girl he's with thinks she's fat to considering whether she is fat to feeling fat himself. That's quite a plunge.

So please, the next time the urge to say those three little words hits (even if it's just a force of habit), fight it. If you think you look fat, chances are, you really don't. And even if you have gained a few extra weight, the guy you're with probably doesn't care. So don't mention it.

visit our blog@ [url]feliciaokonkwo..com[/url]
Re: 3 Words He Never Wants To Hear You Say by lirusehn(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2013
3 words he will ne'er say. * I LOVE YOU*
Re: 3 Words He Never Wants To Hear You Say by Dygeasy(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2013
Wash... I Pay No Mind To Things Like That.
Re: 3 Words He Never Wants To Hear You Say by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2013
Wetin i wan post sef??i don 4get

2 Likes

Re: 3 Words He Never Wants To Hear You Say by Dygeasy(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Harbosede02: Wetin i wan post sef??i don 4get
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Buying Her Gifts Or Giving Her The Money..ur Preference / 10 Big Problems In A Relationship And How To Fix It / The Opposite Of Your Mr Or Mrs Right.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.