Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce (1002 Views)

Tips On How To Survive "All My Friends Are Getting Married" / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / Girl Friend Slap Boy Friends Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by cephaswizzy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
i guess thats because girlfriends are abound but wife material are even more scarce.
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Exponental(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Birds of same feathers flock together.... Some bfs n gfs refuse to grow up to become husbands n wives.
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by nekede11(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Am coming...
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Because most girls want to chop money,shine their congo and use maga before settling down with a geriatic 70 something year old politician angry
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by djeezy(m): 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
Men marry because they are tired of playing life and when it comes to settle down, the scrutiny takes time unlike having a girlfriend where you can meet her today and ask her out tomorrow. Husbands are not scarce, the right and better ones are.
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Enegod(m): 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
you aren't a wife material that's why you haven't seen any...
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by MyParadise(m): 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
The reason is because of poverty... Many would like to settle down but how many of you girls would like to settle down with someone who isn't well off?

Girls has taken money as the first thing to see in a man before they could date him or even getting into marriage. So, many men are busy getting that money. But you girls should just start praying before the men would totally forget that there's anything like marriage in this life.

If it happens....

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by greedie1(f): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
husbands aren't scarce, money is.
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by youngds: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
[size=18pt] can't help , i never felt like having someone with me for more than a night undecided undecided[/size]
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
gree-die:
husbands aren't scarce, money is.

by your definition, i guess a husband is defined as a man of adult age having money?!
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by greedie1(f): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

by your definition, i guess a husband is defined as a man of adult age having money?!

no!! but husbands don't ve enuf money to fund der weddings and cater for their new family so dey put it off for a whyl longer....
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
^^^^ your above statement is the reason why people like the OP are writing such statement. it takes absolutely nothing to be married, just a few signatures, et voila! what about a quiet wedding? what about a low key wedding that costs nothing? what about love (not just the oo la la of wedding fanfare)? what about being with someone and wanting to be their partner so bad that you are willing to wait for that family until you guys can BUILD a proper unit/home together? what about starting a family when you are both properly ready?

marriage can be the cheapest union possible for the right minded person (shiiit, you even can save MORE as a couple than alone), and the beginning of the end to the deluded ones who sees it as a mean to show the world that they are "supposedly" happy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
The husbands were once BFs..

The main reason is the hard economy/money.. I for one won't marry while in poverty.. I rather not marry at all than to marry and auction off my children due to the fact I can't cater for them
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ your above statement is the reason why people like the OP are writing such statement. it takes absolutely nothing to be married, just a few signatures, et voila! what about a quiet wedding? what about a low key wedding that costs nothing? what about love (not just the oo la la of wedding fanfare)? what about being with someone and wanting to be their partner so bad that you are willing to wait for that family until you guys can BUILD a proper unit/home together? what about starting a family when you are both properly ready?

marriage can be the cheapest union possible for the right minded person (shiiit, you even can save MORE as a couple than alone), and the beginning of the end to the deluded ones who sees it as a mean to show the world that they are "supposedly" happy.

Marriage SHOULD be the cheapest union possible, but it's so sad that it's not. I take it that you don't stay in nigeria. In nigeria, thousands(millions for the super rich folks) are wasted in a wedding ceremonies. From the music bands, to the reception centers to the bridal prices, to the refreshment. The list is endless. Getting married is not even the biggest issue, the hardest is catering for those children. I don't support the idea of bringing children into this world had giving them out as 'maids' due to lack of money, so MBJ, she's right. Just take a trip to a nigerian wedding ceremony and see the amount of money one needs to infuse, if he wants to have a succesful TRADITIONAL AND WHITE wedding. Even a BURIAL ceremony is costly as hell much less a wedding. The shít is scary for real sad
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Karleb(m): 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
MRbrownJAY: i guess thats because girlfriends are abound but wife material are even more scarce.
U just spoke my mind and our girls seriously need to change their money for sex mindset. thanks
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
ochongonoko: Marriage SHOULD be the cheapest union possible, but it's so sad that it's not. I take it that you don't stay in nigeria. In nigeria, thousands(millions for the super rich folks) are wasted in a wedding ceremonies. From the music bands, to the reception centers to the bridal prices, to the refreshment. The list is endless. Getting married is not even the biggest issue, the hardest is catering for those children. I don't support the idea of bringing children into this world had giving them out as 'maids' due to lack of money, so MBJ, she's right. Just take a trip to a nigerian wedding ceremony and see the amount of money one needs to infuse, if he wants to have a succesful TRADITIONAL AND WHITE wedding. Even a BURIAL ceremony is costly as hell much less a wedding. The shít is scary for real sad

just because gazillions of Nigerians are blindly doing the same thing, doesnt make it RIGHT. i repeat: YOU CAN MARRY SOMEONE AND BE HAPPY WITHOUT THE NEED OF A FANCY WEDDING.
as for catering for the children, again, you should ONLY have children when you are physically/emotionally and financially ready to have any. but that shouldnt stop two people from getting married and WAITING for the right time to have these bambinos.

the fact that you even call these weddings successful SIMPLY because people have thrown money into it, shows that you too you are part of the problem, and certainly dont understand what i am trying to say.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

just because gazillions of Nigerians are blindly doing the same thing, doesnt make it RIGHT. i repeat: YOU CAN MARRY SOMEONE AND BE HAPPY WITHOUT THE NEED OF A FANCY WEDDING.
as for catering for the children, again, you should ONLY have children when you are physically/emotionally and financially ready to have any. but that shouldnt stop two people from getting married and WAITING for the right time to have these bambinos.

the fact that you even call these weddings successful SIMPLY because people have thrown money into it, shows that you too you are part of the problem, and certainly dont understand what i am trying to say.

You're getting me wrong, I never said it's right. I'm just telling you what's in vogue when it comes to nigerian way of wedding. It's like a tradition, it won't be easy to do away with.

I called it a successful wedding because it's naija's way of attributing success to a wedding. You spend a lot for people invited, for the music bands, refreshments etc. I grew up and met that way of life, I never made it so. Even in burial ceremonies, we waste money, instead of simply burying a dead man. You talk as if you will just come down from your country and miraculously change people's way of life in nigeria. It doesn't work that bruv. It takes time, education and enlightenment, so stop making it look like I'm the cause when I'm not even married yet and try to understand what I'm talking about cos obviously you don't. Western way of life is different from that of africans sometimes/most times.. People way of marrying differs from one country to another, from one ethnic group to another
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
[size=25pt] ehyaa the op is approaching menopause nd yet It's those small small boys That ask her for her phone num. How touching... [/size]
Re: Why Is It That Boy Friends Are Everywhere But Husbands Are Scarce by Getrich47(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Blame it on d economy girlie....d financial aspect goes a long way to keep d marriage running smooth...nd most dudes wouldn't want the oppsite...to be deir case....

(1) (Reply)

Found Someone Better Than My Hubby In Bed (blog Reader Narrative) / Is He Truly In Love With Me? Signs Your Guy Is Wild About You / 8 Obvious Signs You’re Not Ready For A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.