Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death (37965 Views)

Festus Iyayi Wasn't Murdered - Medical Autopsy Reveals / ASUU Postpones NEC Meeting As Former President, Festus Iyayi Dies In Auto Crash / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by PrinceJustice(m): 1:13am On Nov 13, 2013
**Sad**
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by barrybanbi: 1:52am On Nov 13, 2013
Cuteclem: i never believ if they pospone the meeting it will cost them more, those who already traveled down will have to go back and come again, which will increase the chances of them dieying by accident except dey lack reasons or maybe is NEMESIS alot of poeple cursed them
if u don't have anything to say Jst learn to shut up ....what yeye Nemesis are u talking about ? What is bad in people fighting for what they believed in, against all odd ?
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by frankfis91(m): 5:05am On Nov 13, 2013
RIP SIR
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 13, 2013
He who died for a just cause becomes a Hero. The only way FG(I know ASUU now have more reason to raised the stake) can commiserate with his colleagues and honour his death, is to honour the 1999 agreement. "The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain!"

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by kaka22(m): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2013
Na lie say dey don postpone the meeting. I never see the news on any major newspaper apart from the one cited by op... The meeting will still hold
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by rudian(f): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2013
[b][/b]
Alexcollins: THE CASUALTIES OF ASUU STRIKE!!!
The ongoing industrial action by University Lecturers has claimed one of its biggest casualty. (The casualties are not only those who have been kept at home, the casualties are not only those whose wards have been rendered 'useless' for more than 16 weeks ... The fighters are also casualties...) The sudden death of the former President of ASUU Dr. Festus Iyayi via an auto crash enroute Kano for ASUU's NEC meeting is indeed the 'Biggest casualty". There was no need running around the country. Roads are in dilapidated condition and ASUU members know this. One has to be careful traveling around for 'trivial' issues. This strike is easy to be called off or sustained. Since the various chapters have voted, the votes should have just been communicated to the National leaders and they can make their input whether or not to suspend the ongoing strike. This is jet age and there are different ways to pass information. Moving from Ondo to Ibadan, Abuja to Markudi, Ososo to Sokoto, Benin to Kano e.t.c in the name of agitating for better education is quite risky and uncalled for. This should be a lesson to the lecturers' Union and ASUU leaders should amend these unnecessary processes before industrial actions are embarked on or suspended. We must learn to make things easy for ourselves in life.
May Dr. Iyayi's soul rest in peace. He died in the struggle and in active service!
Aluta continua!!!
You have said it all, these pple should have known better, running from north to south in the name of meetings when there are better and faster ways to communicate, RIP Prof Iyayi.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by ugonna1054(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2013
RIP to the Dead.. Buh d news about d postponement of d meeting is False I saw in a newspaper this morning dat d meeting will hold..
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by gameboy727(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2013
Keneking: Why did he not fly?
Because he has no wings *answering you literally*
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Dereformer(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2013

For fear of plane crash. Bro.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Dereformer(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2013
kado: A former President of the Academic Staff
Union of Universities, Dr. Festus Iyayi, died on Tuesday in a car crash on Lokoja-Abuja
Expressway. Iyayi was returning from a meeting in one of the Northern ASUU chapters when the accident occurred.
He was in company with some ASUU leaders
and they were said to be returning from Kano
where they sought the views of members on
ending the four-month-old ASUU strike.
Daily Times could not confirm the total
number of casualties in the crash.
However, his death has led to the postment of ASUU's executive meeting, which was to have met Wednesday to decide whether they should call of their four-month old strike.
More details later.

www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/breaking-news-ex-ASUU-president-festus-iyayi-dead

Too bad. So this man never stayed to collect his earned allowance.

Vanity. Sometimes, I am tempted to question the essence of existence.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by lawflec(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2013
may his gentle soul rip.nairalanders should pray cox satan wants to thwart evey move towards ending the strike. ASUU should pls hold the nec meting and call off for the sake of the departed colleague

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by bizibrain(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2013
May God 4give my soul, I was somehow happy wen I heard d news yesterday, infact I wish it was DIBU OJERINDE(jamb registar) dat died.May God av mercy on me.Amen.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by okeke2: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2013
yh whatever jst call off the damn strike already!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Mbatagr82(m): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2013
This is a sad news to the family of the deceased and to ASUU in general. This also potrays a lesson for us all, that is IN any fight for what we think is right, we shoul always know that we could PAY with our LIVES! As for the Postponement i dont think it is neccessary because it involves the FUTURE of the Nigerian Students who will continue with the great work THE HERO left behind! My condolence to the family of the deceased.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by jhidey08(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2013
If dey postpone d meeting till next year it doesn't bring back d man dat has died. So it's beta dey don't even try 2 postpone it, it's nt an act of Wickedness or nothing bt it's d bitter truth. Wot I think dey can do is to declare a 3day mourning 4him among ASUU members. God is in control.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by marcangelo(m): 10:18am On Nov 13, 2013
ITS A BIG LIE/RUMOR/JOKE..!!
i heard it in news dat d meeting is currently ongoin now 10:am in d news at 93.7 ph... So stop all dese lies
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by guttentag(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2013
Death is a tragic act that will surely affect every living being, R I P Sir, May God accept your Soul
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by chessguru1(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2013
For a nanosecond there I thought it was iyanya that died shocked
Then my brain recalibrated and found no logical link btw the kurukere master and ASUU grin
@ topic, RIP to the prof. Something should be done to that kogi governor since this is not his 1st time, and this will surely not be his last.
His he not sworn 2 protect people, how come he is taking lives on the road
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by blaezderek: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2013
I knew it was gonna happen. This strike will be called off next year. i just d pity Ladies cos so many of them don begin 9 months program.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Polio: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2013
The ASUU saga will continue into the new year.

It is unfortunate the way things has panned out .. The prolonged resolution and the death of Prof. Iyayi. sad
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by nerodenero: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2013
No matter what, when one's time is up, there is no stopping death from striking. RIP Prof.
gameboy727: Because he has no wings *answering you literally*
Dereformer: For fear of plane crash. Bro.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by iamdsam: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2013
Alexcollins: THE CASUALTIES OF ASUU STRIKE!!!
The ongoing industrial action by University Lecturers has claimed one of its biggest casualty. (The casualties are not only those who have been kept at home, the casualties are not only those whose wards have been rendered 'useless' for more than 16 weeks ... The fighters are also casualties...) The sudden death of the former President of ASUU Dr. Festus Iyayi via an auto crash enroute Kano for ASUU's NEC meeting is indeed the 'Biggest casualty". There was no need running around the country. Roads are in dilapidated condition and ASUU members know this. One has to be careful traveling around for 'trivial' issues. This strike is easy to be called off or sustained. Since the various chapters have voted, the votes should have just been communicated to the National leaders and they can make their input whether or not to suspend the ongoing strike. This is jet age and there are different ways to pass information. Moving from Ondo to Ibadan, Abuja to Markudi, Ososo to Sokoto, Benin to Kano e.t.c in the name of agitating for better education is quite risky and uncalled for. This should be a lesson to the lecturers' Union and ASUU leaders should amend these unnecessary processes before industrial actions are embarked on or suspended. We must learn to make things easy for ourselves in life.
May Dr. Iyayi's soul rest in peace. He died in the struggle and in active service!
Aluta continua!!!
Well said. May his soul rest in peace!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by cymetric(f): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2013
if he had gon by Air n der wz a crsh,,, we wud stil hear ques lyk "must He go by Air".
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by leshluap(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2013
Nawa ooo, iyayi don sacrifice his life.....witout shedding of blood, no suspension of strike,,,,mak dem do call off nw..
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Vicjay1(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2013
Uniben have lost a great mind in the person of Prof Iyayi. RIP.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by oluwashaddow(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2013
pls did anybody see d video where t.b Joshua said it is the will of God dat our schools be re-opened,but warned dat anybody dat wants to go against d will of God will..........................................................
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 13, 2013
noo.the meeting must hold and the strike must be called off.i know a man died but this strike is directly or indirectly affecting millions of people.i am sure that a lot of students have also died during the strike but no one cares. Rip to the prof but millions of people should not be held to ransom on account of his death

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by cymetric(f): 10:28am On Nov 13, 2013
marcangelo: ITS A BIG LIE/RUMOR/JOKE..!!
i heard it in news dat d meeting is currently ongoin now 10:am in d news at 93.7 ph... So stop all dese lies
Also heard on d news D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ it hz bin postponed.....
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by psalmdave(m): 10:28am On Nov 13, 2013
O MY GOD,NOW THIS WILL HAVE ANOTHER IMPACT IN THE STRIKE,MUCH TIME IS BEEN WASTED,THE FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY IS FURTHER BEEN PLAYED WITH,ITS OBVIOUS THERE IS A FORCE NOT WANTING STUDENTS BACK IN SCHOOL,FOR GOD SAKE,WHY DOES THIS MAN HAVE TO DIE NOW,WHY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.....ANY WAY TB JOSHUA HAS ALREADY SAID IT,IT IS GOD'S WILL THAT UNIVERSITIES SHOULD OPEN,AND WHO EVER GOES AGAINST GOD'S WILL........I REST MY CASE
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2013
I said it dat this death might just be another strategy to further prolong the already protracted strike. R.I.P to the dead though!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by guttentag(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2013
You expect ASUU to proceed with the meeting even when they have lost their member, you must be joking

marcangelo: ITS A BIG LIE/RUMOR/JOKE..!!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by nnocurruption: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2013
why e go transport by road e for transport by air abi e nor know say road accident common pass plane crash for 9ija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ondo School Prints Names Of Indebted Students In Magazine (Photo) / Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University / The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.