Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death (37966 Views)

Festus Iyayi Wasn't Murdered - Medical Autopsy Reveals / ASUU Postpones NEC Meeting As Former President, Festus Iyayi Dies In Auto Crash / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Ojestas(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2013
Jimucheson: well this one no go stop me to dry up MTN to the bottom
whatsapp tinz 08184763640
na wash
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by ugoboss26(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2013
Swaginton: I love your use of sarcasm here...although hilarious,yet inappropriate for the issue at hand...respect to the dead

Bros na true the guy talk...students are been victimized...we sef na casualties, remember a story of a student beaten to death in badagry town...that guy ought to be in school but he was not and was in the wrong plc, remember the girl that attempted suicide. in abj just cuz of the strike? We students have suffered enough...so when small hope don come for us to go back school, some elements dey fight say no way....Bros u can't win it all.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Muhylonaire(m): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2013
Me i no say many lecturers go soon die join am if dem no end dat strike today...pls wetin concern dead body wit what d living dey do?....everybody wey dey attached to d continuation of d strike will definately follow dis man go.....na prayer no be curse
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: the strike should not be called off until the man is buried in the 3rd quarter of next year,this would be a sign of respect to the man and his family,but if they decide to call it off,i would not go back to school until the man is buried.
You say?! undecidedundecided
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by femi4: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2013
RedBenson:

'Helding'? I don die! O boy, where did u get such word from? grin grin
That is the past tense of "holding"

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by cumz(m): 11:10am On Nov 13, 2013
this is a rumor!!!!
.it hasn't bn confirmed
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Idrismusty97(m): 11:10am On Nov 13, 2013
sakaguchi: Eyah!
RIP.
Is he from Uniben? So he was on his way to vote for the continuation of this strike without any pity for the students who have been crying to see the end of the impasse?
Rest in Peace sir! May your soul find eternal rest with the Lord. By the way sir, the strike will be called off.
Once again, rest in peace.
Because of his death i will support the continuation of the strike even do i hate it.We have spent over 4 months at home with no gain!.its better the strike continue till the 2009 agreement is implemented so we will know that this gifted man death is not for waste.ASUU keep on fighting till this strike yield something positive.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by femi4: 11:12am On Nov 13, 2013
s3nn2x: Eh yah...

Sorry guys!

But on a serious note,I never knew Festus Iyayi was a lecturer, not to talk of a former ASUU chairman, way back in the 80's.

I remember him for his book, 'Violence' which I read for NECO way back in 2005, it was the best book I read then and the story really touched me. The book was later adapted into a movie with Liz Benson as part of the cast.

I hope he and others rest in the bosom of our Lord. cry cry cry
With that kind year wey you write Neco/Waec, u no go fit know now
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Muhylonaire(m): 11:13am On Nov 13, 2013
Mzsolex: mumu, like he was the one helding the steering wheel... Always quick to comment!
weere ni iwo bobo yi,na dat governor car go still kill u...see wetin him dey talk sha...idiota

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by francondu: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Sabiman(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2013
ok na
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by jhidey08(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2013
francondu: https://www.nairaland.com/1515277/obi-distribute-22500-laptops-1400/1. This is not on front page ,why?
www.google.com, follow d link it'll tell u d reason. Obligiwhiskey, oba awon were.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by felastika(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you sicker *confirmation* grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol...now I get it,by dat tym,ur sister go don born d belle wey she carry abi?..but nothin spoil,if dem call of d strike now,she fit carry d belle go school nah,dem go just dey call her "iya tinuke". grin
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Muhylonaire(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you sicker *confirmation* grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
u sickest *confirmento*
lmfao i no fit laugh,u are sicking...dats d verb..lwkmd
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by BCELLS(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2013
This is highly insane!..How could a meeting that all and sundry is praying and fasting that the outcome would better the nation be postponed owing to inevitable death of a member?No gain saying this ASUU strike is politicized,before long Nigeria would prolly be notified again that the same overdue meeting scheduled to hold on saturday could not hold due to sudden ailment that inflicted one of ASUU members!bunch of idi*ots...Its so pathetic
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by clnzo: 11:26am On Nov 13, 2013
Cuteclem: i never believ if they pospone the meeting it will cost them more, those who already traveled down will have to go back and come again, which will increase the chances of them dieying by accident except dey lack reasons or maybe is NEMESIS alot of poeple cursed them
wat are u sayn?ur grammer get as e bi!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by omenkishk(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2013
Miner13: Dis wada of a tin as a thorns 2 d flesh of kogites is nw transferin it 2 d whole 9ja. His reckless drivin witin d state killing innocent citizen witot cautn
hmmmmmm nw a monumental lost 2 ASUU. Rip. May God grant ur family d fortitude 2 bear dis unxpeted nd sudden lost
[color=#000099][/color]

my brother your poor command of english would have killed the man also.....
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by walad4yhu(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Unconfirm sumtin dey carry am put for fp...mtchewww
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by clnzo: 11:30am On Nov 13, 2013
oluwashaddow: pls did anybody see d video where t.b Joshua said it is the will of God dat our schools be re-opened,but warned dat anybody dat wants to go against d will of God will..........................................................
mehnnnn I saw d video o!am suprised myself!de man prayed against anyone behind d strike sld fall.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by deor03(m): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2013
These guys should just set up a skype conference call and end this strike
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by okeke2: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: the strike should not be called off until the man is buried in the 3rd quarter of next year,this would be a sign of respect to the man and his family,but if they decide to call it off,i would not go back to school until the man is buried.
BRAINLESS FOOL
The man know you before??
YOU R SO RETAR.DED
I BET EVEN UR PARENTS CNT STAND U
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by LordBabs(m): 11:33am On Nov 13, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by LordBabs(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2013
okeke2:
BRAINLESS FOOL
YOU R SO RETAR.DED

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2013
So no more going back to school till am back 4rm Australia next year. THANK GOD!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by sammirano: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
Jimucheson: well this one no go stop me to dry up MTN to the bottom
whatsapp tinz 08184763640

don't tell this is real...
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2013
HATE hearing THAT NAME. T.B JOSHUA.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Vicky2k(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2013
May His Gentle Soul Rest in Perfect Peace. ASUU Should call off the Strike cos it has done much Harm to both the Education Sector and the Entire Nigerian System
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by victorazy(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2013
kado: A former President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Prof. Festus Iyayi, died on Tuesday in a car crash on Lokoja-Abuja Expressway.

Iyayi was returning from a meeting in one of the Northern ASUU chapters when the accident occurred.

He was in company with some ASUU leaders and they were said to be returning from Kano where they sought the views of members on ending the four-month-old ASUU strike.

Daily Times could not confirm the total number of casualties in the crash.

However, his death has led to the postment of ASUU's executive meeting, which was to have met Wednesday to decide whether they should call of their four-month old strike.

More details later.

www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/breaking-news-ex-ASUU-president-festus-iyayi-dead

Is Lokoja the way to Kano? Just asking... LIE "this is morning news"
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by felastika(m): 11:40am On Nov 13, 2013
okeke2:
BRAINLESS FOOL
YOU R SO RETAR.DED

Bros u dey vex gan o grin
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by ifeanyija(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2013

Don't u think students shud be around to attend his burial? With dis strike studnts can't attend his burial
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by IYANGBALI: 11:43am On Nov 13, 2013
ifeanyi_ja:

Don't u think students shud be around to attend his burial? With dis strike studnts can't attend his burial
we can go from our various homes,moreover who invite una?
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by IYANGBALI: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2013
okeke2:
BRAINLESS FOOL
YOU R SO RETAR.DED
it wont change anything,stay at home till the man is buried grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kai the thing dey pain you reach your yansh tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University / The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates / 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.