Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death (37947 Views)

Festus Iyayi Wasn't Murdered - Medical Autopsy Reveals / ASUU Postpones NEC Meeting As Former President, Festus Iyayi Dies In Auto Crash / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Ericomoto(m): 10:33am On Nov 13, 2013
He was my Lecturer at Uniben. Rest In Peace Prof.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by jamst(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2013
huh! something is fishy,just some weeks ago the present ASUU president recieved death threat on his phone & now the former ASUU president died misteriously from a car 'accident' whom was part of the negociating team in these on-going strike...is this a political assasination from the secret shadow governent of nigeria to frighten others to co-operate with them...the evil cabals will not until it silent any1 who stand on its way.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by lastmessenger: 10:34am On Nov 13, 2013
The chapter of his life is over and this a lesson to those who think that life is theirs.GOD gave life and only him can take it.So while u live on this earth, live only for God,treat others with love and mercy and always bear in mind that there is day to give account of your life on earth.

Rip

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 13, 2013
Miner13: Kogi gov. in dis auto crash in dat auto crash. Is he d only gov. in nig
dis is his 4th crash since coming 2 office. Fg nid 2 cautn his reckles drivin 2 safe d lif of d innocent nigerians.
RIP
mumu, like he was the one helding the steering wheel... Always quick to comment!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by marcangelo(m): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2013
cymetric: Also heard on d news D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ it hz bin postponed.....
then by d end of today, we will all know if it has bin postpone or called off, its no longer continue strike or call off strike... Now its postpone meetin or call off...
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by shiftmarket(m): 10:36am On Nov 13, 2013
Politicians and bad roads again leading to an avoidable death.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 13, 2013
Which kain badluck is this one? angryangry

RIP shaa
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by marcangelo(m): 10:39am On Nov 13, 2013
guttentag: You expect ASUU to proceed with the meeting even when they have lost their member, you must be joking

i aint jokin, in situations like dis wat dey do durin d meeting is to stand up and giv a minute silent... Senate has done it b4, dey didnt stop dia sittin,, so likewise oda executiv and business meetin, except its d main organiser or head of d meetin, den dey shift 4 anoda day..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by fkaz(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2013
Miner13: Kogi gov. in dis auto crash in dat auto crash. Is he d only gov. in nig
dis is his 4th crash since coming 2 office. Fg nid 2 cautn his reckles drivin 2 safe d lif of d innocent nigerians.
RIP

Hehehehehe kogi state governor is a flight captain, so his convoy need to fly on the road grin
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Archildao: 10:41am On Nov 13, 2013
bizibrain: May God 4give my soul, I was somehow happy wen I heard d news yesterday, infact I wish it was DIBU OJERINDE(jamb registar) dat died.May God av mercy on me.Amen.

you are a RETAR.D!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by jhidey08(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2013
guttentag: You expect ASUU to proceed with the meeting even when they have lost their member, you must be joking

y won't dey proceed? So if dey postpone it d dead will rise again abi? During Agagu's burial, his family members were in dat plane yet dey went ahead wit d Burial. D most dey can do is to observe a 5mins silence 4d dead and proceed wit d meeting. We aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ all goin 2die, ONE DAY.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Jimucheson(m): 10:43am On Nov 13, 2013
well this one no go stop me to dry up MTN to the bottom
whatsapp tinz 08184763640

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by IYANGBALI: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2013
the strike should not be called off until the man is buried in the 3rd quarter of next year,this would be a sign of respect to the man and his family,but if they decide to call it off,i would not go back to school until the man is buried.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Alexcollins: THE CASUALTIES OF ASUU STRIKE!!!
The ongoing industrial action by University Lecturers has claimed one of its biggest casualty. (The casualties are not only those who have been kept at home, the casualties are not only those whose wards have been rendered 'useless' for more than 16 weeks ... The fighters are also casualties...) The sudden death of the former President of ASUU Dr. Festus Iyayi via an auto crash enroute Kano for ASUU's NEC meeting is indeed the 'Biggest casualty". There was no need running around the country. Roads are in dilapidated condition and ASUU members know this.
One has to be careful traveling around for 'trivial' issues. This strike is easy to be called off or sustained. Since the various chapters have voted, the votes should have just been communicated to the National
leaders and they can make their input whether or not to suspend the ongoing strike. This is jet age and there are different ways to pass information. Moving from Ondo to Ibadan, Abuja to Markudi, Ososo to Sokoto, Benin to Kano e.t.c in the name of agitating for better education is quite risky and uncalled for. This should be a lesson to the lecturers' Union and ASUU leaders should amend these unnecessary processes before industrial actions are embarked on or suspended. We must learn to make things easy for ourselves in life. May Dr. Iyayi's soul rest in peace. He died in the struggle and in active service!
Aluta continua!!!

Come to think of it sef. If you look at the entire scenario sorrounding this man's death, you'll see that govt is the core factor and cause.

1) The man died in the process of struggling for better education due to 'Government Negligence'

2) He died travelling on dilapidated roads neglected by 'Goverment'

3) A convoy carrying a 'Government Official' actually collided with his vehicle and thus his death.

Nigerian Government, i hail thee o. God is watching.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Ojestas(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Keneking: Why did he not fly?
lolz,which is safe ?? only he who God keeps is free from danger ,,may he RIP
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Phemmy99(m): 10:45am On Nov 13, 2013
Rumour on FP,,,the mod who posted dis on front page deserves to be flogged..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by omojaytee(m): 10:45am On Nov 13, 2013
Cuteclem: i never believ if they pospone the meeting it will cost them more, those who already traveled down will have to go back and come again, which will increase the chances of them dieying by accident except dey lack reasons or maybe is NEMESIS alot of poeple cursed them
sense! 1 million likes fr u!!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Mzsolex: mumu, like he was the one helding the steering wheel... Always quick to comment!

'Helding'? I don die! O boy, where did u get such word from? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2013
What I don't understand is why would a thread bearing unconfirmed reports doing on the front page. Is Nairaland now a forum for rumor peddling?
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2013
Mzsolex: mumu, like he was the one helding the steering wheel... Always quick to comment!

'Helding'? I don die! O boy, where did u get such a word from? grin grin
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by zirrah: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2013
please get the information right! The accident occured near Lokoja on their way to Kano for the ASUU-NEC meeting and not the other way round!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by opylas(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2013
jaysleem: What I don't understand is why would a thread bearing unconfirmed reports doing on the front page. Is Nairaland now a forum for rumor peddling?
I taya o. Bogus news make frontpage now
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by 83aka: 10:50am On Nov 13, 2013
may his soul rest in peace.abeg let keep d line of prayer on.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by felastika(m): 10:51am On Nov 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: the strike should not be called off until the man is buried in the 3rd quarter of next year,this would be a sign of respect to the man and his family,but if they decide to call it off,i would not go back to school until the man is buried.

U sick..*confirmed*
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Sermwell(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2013
oluwashaddow: pls did anybody see d video where t.b Joshua said it is the will of God dat our schools be re-opened,but warned dat anybody dat wants to go against d will of God will..........................................................
yes oo my brother! I watched it live on emmanuel TV... He said anyone who wants to go against the will of God...fire! Fire!! Fire!!!
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2013
because of 1 man dm kip millions 4 aux
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by IYANGBALI: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2013
felastika:

U sick..*confirmed*
you sicker *confirmation* grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2013
ignis: Kogi to Kano by road... Is that not too far?

??
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by Phemmy99(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you sicker *confirmation* grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
when i saw your username and went through your profile,,,i knew all was not well..
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by jhidey08(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you sicker *confirmation* grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
u d sickest for sicker-ing him.
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by ese79(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2013
oluwashaddow: pls did anybody see d video where t.b Joshua said it is the will of God dat our schools be re-opened,but warned dat anybody dat wants to go against d will of God will..........................................................
i personaly watched d lyf sunday broadcast wen e said it..
Re: ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death by PrinceJustice(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2013
Another effect of ASUU strike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Latest Update On AGBAMI Scholarship 2015 Application / The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates / Remembering University Days... Define Each Person In This PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.