Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? (1480 Views)

Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Many of us have been plunged right into fire wearing filthy garments. Do you also have bibile verses for us?grin
oh yezzur i got one just right for you

jeremiah 2 vs 21 rationalmind,Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed: how then art thou turned into the degenerate plant of a strange vine unto me? cry
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
obadiah777: oh yezzur i got one just right for you

jeremiah 2 vs 21 rationalmind,Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed: how then art thou turned into the degenerate plant of a strange vine unto me? cry

Hehehehe gringringrin. I trust you bro, you never disappoint.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Hehehehe gringringrin. I trust you bro, you never disappoint.
grin grin wink
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by ghostofsparta(m): 8:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Mr Troll: i think this thread is pointless. people convert all the time, christian to atheist, athesit to christian/muslim. its really not a big deal to me. the basic issue is that your belief should remain personal. don't try to govern the country based on it. that is why we fight it. i have my own thoughts on the matter too but i dont think its really relevant. make una leave Bolaino alone.

YO U'RE

S O

ON

P O I N T
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by macof(m): 9:12am On Nov 21, 2013
This bolaino guy seems dubious to me
He has always been pressured to believe in a Godly existence so it's easy to re-convert to christianity.

Wonder why he didn't consider Islam
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2013
ghostofsparta:

YO U'RE

S O

ON

P O I N T
how is he on point?
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 9:29am On Nov 21, 2013
alpha_scorpio: Bolaino probably went back to christainity because of societal pressure as someone stated earlier or because of some kind of benefit he's getting as a christain.

At the end of the day it all comes down to principles. I have gone through a lot of discomfort because of my atheism, I had some issues when I first became an atheist that I can't disclose here and people that would have helped me out of that problem if I was still a christain refused to help me out claiming that it was god that was punishing me for becoming an atheist. Situations like this is enough reason for some people to go back to christainity.

At some point my elder sister was telling me "is it not better to come back to christainty and get the help you need from these people instead of suffering in your atheism?" and I told her anybody that doesn't want to help me out of a situation because of my atheism can keep their help. I'm a very principled person and I will never be able to live with myself if i pretend to be a christain just for some gain.

I'm very proud of my atheism and I'm very vocal about it. Most times I see the look of disgust on peoples faces when they hear I'm an atheist. My girlfriend and I (we ve been dating for 3 years) are very close to breaking up partly because of my atheism, in fact I'm very sure we'll break up before the end of this month.

This is just my story and I'm sure some atheists may have worse stories to tell. Some people can't handle this kind of pressure so they run back to christainty because its their comfort zone and it makes things less stressful for them but that doesn't mean christainity is right or atheism is wrong it just means they are not principled.

An atheist may begin to find a wife . . . but a vocal atheist I am not sure a typical Nigerian babe will like. Unless you lucky find atheist or deist, or a VERY liberal theist babe. Peace.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2013
^^^You have not answered my question on the trolls thread about evolution of morality.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2013
Mr Troll: He obviously has the flair for the dramatic. still....na every perceived insult you go open thread for?

Edit: We have former Christians who are now atheistic and had to delete their old moniker for a new one. they are here and yet you won't notice. no biggie man, let the guy be.

I am an exception to this fact.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I am an exception to this fact.
errrm, not just you.. tongue
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2013
aManFromMars:
errrm, not just you.. tongue
I hope you guys realize going to church does not make you a christian?

Maybe you were a christian, but as far as I'm concerned, uyi and logicboy and every other person here was not.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: I hope you guys realize going to church does not make you a christian?
A senseless post. No one has ever claimed that going to church makes one a Christian.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2013
aManFromMars:
A senseless post. No one has ever claimed that going to church makes one a Christian.

a senseless reply. When did I claim you claimed going to church makes you a christian? I was just giving my opinion in case you thought otherwise.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: a senseless reply. When did I claim you claimed going to church makes you a christian? I was just giving my opinion in case you thought otherwise.

smiley
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: I hope you guys realize going to church does not make you a christian?

Maybe you were a christian, but as far as I'm concerned, uyi and logicboy and every other person here was not.

In essence, I wasn't a christian likewise.

But is it that these people genuinely choose to be fooli.sh?

This same Josh was thanking God on a particular thread on behalf of an atheist who is now a christian. He even did the same with Bolaino. He never doubted bolaino and the dude weren't atheists before but when an atheist says he was once a christian, he(and many others start saying he was never a christian)
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2013
^^^^^^
aManFromMars:

So to you, he's Christian now?

Joshthefirst: he certainly is a real christian to me.

By their fruits we know.
And to God:

2 tuimothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

aManFromMars:

Cool. Just for future reference.

wink smiley
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2013
rationalmind:

In essence, I wasn't a christian likewise.

But is it that these people genuinely choose to be fooli.sh?

This same Josh was thanking God on a particular thread on behalf of an atheist who is now a christian. He even did the same with Bolaino. He never doubted bolaino and the dude weren't atheists before but when an atheist says he was once a christian, he(and many others start saying he was never a christian)
please is it that your butthurt against me makes you try to downgrade and destroy me?

Show publicly where I claimed bolaino was an atheist here or be shamed.

I thanked God he was now a christian, I didn't start claiming he was an atheist. I only thanked God he had found real truth.

Nawa for you guy.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: please is it that your butthurt against me makes you try to downgrade and destroy me?

Show publicly where I claimed bolaino was an atheist here or be shamed.

I thanked God he was now a christian, I didn't start claiming he was an atheist. I only thanked God he had found real truth.

Nawa for you guy.

Shut up and re-read my previous statement. I said you never doubted if bolaino was an atheist before. At least, if u did, u never showed it.

Why is it that when some of us now claim we were former christians and now atheists, you say we were never christians. That is the height of foolishnes.s
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2013
rationalmind:

Shut up and re-read my previous statement. I said you never doubted if bolaino was an atheist before. At least, if u did, u never showed it.
who said I never doubted or I doubted? I only realize that he has been saved after publicly proffesing unbelief. Smh.

Why is it that when some of us now claim we were former christians and now atheists, you say we were never christians. That is the height of foolishnes.s
nonsense. Why would I stand still while you obviously make false claims with the motive of downgrading christianity itself? Mtchew.

Claiming you were christian and publicly continuing in sin. Yuzedo might as well claim he's a christian too.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: who said I never doubted or I doubted? I only realize that he has been saved after publicly proffesing unbelief. Smh.

nonsense. Why would I stand still while you obviously make false claims with the motive of downgrading christianity itself? Mtchew.

Claiming you were christian and publicly continuing in sin. Yuzedo might as well claim he's a christian too.

You don't have to reply when you have nothing to say.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 21, 2013
rationalmind:

You don't have to reply when you have nothing to say.
He has to. His fingers and keyboard need the workout. grin grin
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 21, 2013
aManFromMars:
He has to. His fingers and keyboard need the workout. grin grin

grin . He can work it out gossiping in the christian chat-box
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
My testimony: I was a christian, now i'm atheist.(cue christians. . .) "No No No! You were never a christian. A true christian will never convert after experiencing God"

New convert: I was an atheist, now i'm a christian.(cue christians. . .) "praise God! Now you are a true christian"
No True Scotsman. . .
It all looks like cognitive dissonance to meundecided

2 Likes

Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by macof(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mr Troll: My testimony: I was a christian, now i'm atheist.(cue christians. . .) "No No No! You were never a christian. A true christian will never convert after experiencing God"

New convert: I was an atheist, now i'm a christian.(cue christians. . .) "praise God! Now you are a true christian"
No True Scotsman. . .
It all looks like cognitive dissonance to meundecided

perfect example of Christians showing their hypocrisy
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
chukwudi44: @LB

Long befopre you came a very strng atheist warrior named Banom renounced atheism on this site.Banom was one of the founding fathers of atheism in this site and was even more vocal than you
https://www.nairaland.com/358975/denounce-atheism-now-born-again
That's right.After becoming a christian he left NL.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days / Isis Create A Literal River Of Human Blood By Butchering 1500 Innocent People / Scriptures Expounded: Abstain From All Appearance Of Evil - 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.