Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee (25736 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Penboy: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
vowiski:

You certainly have no idea of what you are talking about. There is no such thing as European Tecno. Tecno is a down-market smartphone and it would be dead even before arriving Europe.

We buy the same phone, just that they are made in China plants for Africa markets. The United States will not accept products from China unless developed in America. That's why Apple rules the US markets..

But in essence, we are getting the same phone, the only reason why big companies manufacture in China and bring down to Africa is because of cheap labor in China.. A Samsung galaxy S4 produced in the US is the same with what is produced in China.. Get that fact and don't let anyone deceive you or rather, stop deceiving other people.. cheesy
bobo, there's what we call standard of products. It differs in every country. Except youre importing directly from europe, what those guys make for Africa, especially Nigeria is wack.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by clemmonce(m): 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
vowiski:

You certainly have no idea of what you are talking about. There is no such thing as European Tecno. Tecno is a down-market smartphone and it would be dead even before arriving Europe.

We buy the same phone, just that they are made in China plants for Africa markets. The United States will not accept products from China unless developed in America. That's why Apple rules the US markets..

But in essence, we are getting the same phone, the only reason why big companies manufacture in China and bring down to Africa is because of cheap labor in China.. A Samsung galaxy S4 produced in the US is the same with what is produced in China.. Get that fact and don't let anyone deceive you or rather, stop deceiving other people.. cheesy
i shake my head for you.... let me tell you something most of the products sold in nigeria are substandard not fake........ so you think the samsung you see on tv in uk movies is the same samsung you see in ikeja or anywhere?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by vowiski(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
clemmonce: i shake my head for you.... let me tell you something most of the products sold in nigeria are substandard not fake........ so you think the samsung you see on tv in uk movies is the same samsung you see in ikeja or anywhere?

It's the same thing dude.. Stop deceiving yourself..
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by marcjoe(m): 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
lat4real: This thread is very funny. Gionee marketers/users has hijacked it. Just look around your surroundings and come back here to report what you see. Nitryas

True talk....i noticed some gionee users and marketers have multiple usernames....well, i would rather wait for xaoimi or other strong china brand rather than go for a gionee phone with fake updates even if tecno dont wanna progress again with dere phones...GIONEE E3 porting to 4.4 na big lie cos i heard google is not releasing 4.3 port to chinese phones for now so expect andriod 4.2 in gionee gpad3 or 4...but TECNO Bleep UP SHA....y dem sef nor fit tweak system updates for about phone b4 releasing even if there would b no update, but e good say dem nor put am make dem no promise and fail,
THE FUNNY TRUTH IS THAT GIONEE MARKETERS FULL NAIRALAND BUT TECNO STILL SELLS IN BULK EVERYDAY....WELL TECNO NEED TO REALLY STEP UP DERE GAME SHA...my phantom a+ still rocks well....OTHER BRAND ARE ON D WAY...gionee dey try too sha...and both device rocks...btw some tecno product ve system updates...

#TEAM FAN OF GOOD PRODUCT AND SPEC
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by wizean(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
NONNYG: Mr man, always ask question before jumping into conclusion, I'm a proudly android user and I can categorically tell you that I do buy 255mb with #200...... I rep android any day any time

Bros, aw u take dey buy am ooooooooooo ?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by prudentcy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pls can sumbody pls highlight d range of gionee fones and d price,preferably d most expensive and latest ones pls.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
marcjoe:

True talk....i noticed some gionee users and marketers have multiple usernames....well, i would rather wait for xaoimi or other strong china brand rather than go for a gionee phone with fake updates even if tecno dont wanna progress again with dere phones...GIONEE E3 porting to 4.4 na big lie cos i heard google is not releasing 4.3 port to chinese phones for now so expect andriod 4.2 in gionee gpad3 or 4...but TECNO Bleep UP SHA....y dem sef nor fit tweak system updates for about phone b4 releasing even if there would b no update, but e good say dem nor put am make dem no promise and fail,
THE FUNNY TRUTH IS THAT GIONEE MARKETERS FULL NAIRALAND BUT TECNO STILL SELLS IN BULK EVERYDAY....WELL TECNO NEED TO REALLY STEP UP DERE GAME SHA...my phantom a+ still rocks well....OTHER BRAND ARE ON D WAY...gionee dey try too sha...and both device rocks...btw some tecno product ve system updates...

#TEAM FAN OF GOOD PRODUCT AND SPEC
Don't get it twisted..It's not about marketing or advertising a product here,i don't really know much about Xaoimi but if it happens to be better than Gionee phones i wud advise all and sundry to get it for themselves..at least we should buy a gud mid range phone if we aint capable of getting the more expensive but far better high end phones at present..As regards 4.4 KitKat update..they've made d promise so u just chill till they disappoint b4 u crucify them at least they've been releasing non OS updates consistently..just dat those updates aint available in Nigeria yet..i was made to know on their facebuk page dat they are having problem in liaison with local network operators in Nigeria & dat's what's delaying OTA updates in Nigeria and i don't really get how that's stpping them..i hope they strike a deal asap anyway..i almost bought Tecno Phantom AII..i changed my decision at d eleventh hour and i have no regrets ever since then..my friend that bought AII a week b4 i bought my E3 was even like only if he had known that there's a phone called Gionee e3 he'd have bought it too..i hope to see him as soon as ASUU strike is called off and tell him he has got a nice phone too..peace

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Sike(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
franclean flexy: is it tru that tecno phones are very fragile n are very liable to spoil easily ?
Who tell you?! Talk about how U handle your own tecno, and not others.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Muyiwa Mike: Don't get it twisted..It's not about marketing or advertising a product here,i don't really know much about Xaoimi but if it happens to be better than Gionee phones i wud advise all and sundry to get it for themselves..at least we should buy a gud mid range phone if we aint capable of getting the more expensive but far better high end phones at present..As regards 4.4 KitKat update..they've made d promise so u just chill till they disappoint b4 u crucify them at least they've been releasing non OS updates consistently..just dat those updates aint available in Nigeria yet..i was made to know on their facebuk page dat they are having problem in liaison with local network operators in Nigeria & dat's what's delaying OTA updates in Nigeria and i don't really get how that's stpping them..i hope they strike a deal asap anyway..i almost bought Tecno Phantom AII..i changed my decision at d eleventh hour and i have no regrets ever since then..my friend that bought AII a week b4 i bought my E3 was even like only if he had known that there's a phone called Gionee e3 he'd have bought it too..i hope to see him as soon as ASUU strike is called off and tell him he has got a nice phone too..peace
Blah,blah,blah.This guy na marketer joor.I knw am.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by psalmdave(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
kiss
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by psalmdave(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Idrismusty97: Blah,blah,blah.This guy na marketer joor.I knw am.
Like ehhh,i no just understand,how many times has he brought out the instance of him buying the e3 over AII....now na him friend don come ingrin

Make we no interrupt him marketing sha,its good biznessgrin
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
psalmdave: Like ehhh,i no just understand,how many times has he brought out the instance of him buying the e3 over AII....now na him friend don come ingrin

[color=#000099][/color]So i don turn marketer now..on top say Gionee no dey pay me shishi..you guys ehnn..u no nice ooo..i no go talk again..b4 una go gimme anoda name now.. grin grin cheesy wink

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by clemmonce(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
vowiski:

It's the same thing dude.. Stop deceiving yourself..
well lets just leave it there.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by tonychristopher: 7:11am On Nov 14, 2013
12month:

bro which wan be European tecno again

nice question... European specification techno...made for their market not this their e waste they call phone
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by seunpayne(m): 7:16am On Nov 14, 2013
Tecno is losing. Not as fast as most tecno haters would like but losing all the same.
There used to be a hype. They used to have a franchise. All that has blown away. Truth is Nigerians are a very traditional bunch. Gionee e3 nd tecno a+ are closely matched but a+ sold even more. You would expect that trend to continue but since Gionee p2 came out it would almost seem the tide is changing. And it's simply because tecno is still branded chinko while Gionee is conveniently dubbed an Indian product.

It's a no brainer really. Tecno is making the same mistake BlackBerry did. Sitting on their hands and enjoying success without actually changing anything. Can you imagine the Gionee e6 has been sitting unrivaled for months? They have gone as far as actually themeing the roms which wouldn't impress one like me but is a selling point to common folk.

Tecno service centers which was the final cherry dangled to sell their devices has been exposed to be just a sham. Don't argue that part just walk into any and see how many people regret buying a phone with T on it. Gionee has no known service centers that I know of anyway but those devices have shown that they can withstand a lot. How many broken or cracked Gionee screens are out there? Or Bricked Gionee phones.? Do the math.

Tecno started something so beautiful but are now dropping the ball. It's hard to swallow as I should be dubbed a tecno fan boy. I still have my shirt with the T on it. Gionee isn't winning anything just yet tho. Not when there are more brand names climbing out of the chasm. Like Marc said, it's all about the best specs. And it hurts me to say, but as of today Gionee has it in the e6.

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Spiff20(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2013
Gionee? What a name...i've heard dat name a few times, not so popular like tecno
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by seunlayi(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2013
I reason with what you just said. Gionee are in the game but they are not winning tecno yet, Tecno has gone far in Nigeria market, there product are in most home in Nigeria. I just hope they wake up to the real game
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by harmbhrosz(m): 10:01am On Nov 14, 2013
And from your little sense, all infinix phones does over heat right
Idrismusty97: Some of you will just come in to a thread and spew thrash!. What features goinee used in surpassing tecno if you won't give solid reasons don't post!! Here is the best feature tecno beats gionee in;
switching of both sim to 3G
Somebody here is also saying tecno is over heating when browsing. Are you sure that is not infinix you are usinggrin
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by drajjay: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2013
all of una just de hear de shout tecno and gionee.na wa o .person no even know wetin to choose again .na so so confusion

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by eleshin(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
How much is d latest oooo
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by samsard(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
12month:

bro which wan be European tecno again
Ask am o
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by StanleyVC: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
harmbhrosz: And from your little sense, all infinix phones does over heat right
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
stupid and baseless arguments spewing up..mtcheww..

cant bliv this thrash made front page..

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
psalmdave: Like ehhh,i no just understand,how many times has he brought out the instance of him buying the e3 over AII....now na him friend don come ingrin

Abi.guy sorry o.continued your marketing but know say "Them no dey advertise garri but he still dey sell pass indomie grin
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by marcjoe(m): 12:18am On Nov 15, 2013
Idrismusty97: Abi.guy sorry o.continued your maketing but know say "Them no dey advertise garri but he still dey sell pass indomie grin

Them nor dey advertise igbo but ppl still dey buy and smoke am.... cool
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 15, 2013
marcjoe:

Them nor dey advertise igbo but ppl still dey buy and smoke am.... cool

igbo gets advertised underground undecided
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by marcjoe(m): 12:50am On Nov 15, 2013
deejay_harry1:

igbo gets advertised underground undecided

Wetin u mean by advertised underground...? tongue
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 15, 2013
marcjoe:

Wetin u mean by advertised underground...? tongue

lol.. u never see where niccurs dey advertise IGBO for black market ni tongue
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by flawless911(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2013
deejay_harry1:

lol.. u never see where niccurs dey advertise IGBO for black market ni tongue
Lol lwkm
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 15, 2013
but seriously why compare gionee and tecno go look up gionne e7.. fastest phone around with a snapdragon chipset and 3gb ram... coupled with an OTA. to be honest, this guys should be on par with samsung.. undecided
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by krugar07(m): 9:15am On Nov 15, 2013
deejay_harry1: but seriously why compare gionee and tecno go look up gionne e7.. fastest phone around with a snapdragon chipset and 3gb ram... coupled with an OTA. to be honest, this guys should be on par with samsung.. undecided
honestly. if they sell E7 much less than SGN3, then to hell with note 3 grin grin
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by marcjoe(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2013
deejay_harry1: but seriously why compare gionee and tecno go look up gionne e7.. fastest phone around with a snapdragon chipset and 3gb ram... coupled with an OTA. to be honest, this guys should be on par with samsung.. undecided

Hmmmm...gionee is a company that spend while tecno r still waiting for mediatek...tecno suppose to b using snapdragon processor too but i think they r afraid they wont sell because d phone would b damn expensive....
Btw d price of gionee e7 would b around 90-100k...
TECNO HAS MADE A LOT OF MONEY IN AFRICA... I WOULD ADVISE THEM TO START USING SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR TOO....I FEEL AFRICANS WOULD STILL BUY THE PHONE COS THEY VE MADE A NAME FOR THEMSELVES WITH DERE COOL PRODUCTS..

Launch Of Itel S16 Series And Enjoy Better Life Slogan / Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / 6 Categories Of Mobile Network Customers. Where Do You Belong?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56