Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee (25738 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by krugar07(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2013
marcjoe:

Hmmmm...gionee is a company that spend while tecno r still waiting for mediatek...tecno suppose to b using snapdragon processor too but i think they r afraid they wont sell because d phone would b damn expensive....
Btw d price of gionee e7 would b around 90-100k...
TECNO HAS MADE A LOT OF MONEY IN AFRICA... I WOULD ADVISE THEM TO START USING SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR TOO....I FEEL AFRICANS WOULD STILL BUY THE PHONE COS THEY VE MADE A NAME FOR THEMSELVES WITH DERE COOL PRODUCTS..
kindly mail qualcomm and ask them the cost of 1 unit of snapdragon 800 SoC. Then judge if type of chipset justifies the price of a device. goodluck.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2013
deejay_harry1: but seriously why compare gionee and tecno go look up gionne e7.. fastest phone around with a snapdragon chipset and 3gb ram... coupled with an OTA. to be honest, this guys should be on par with samsung.. undecided
90-100k no be small thing o.Tecno dey make phone for people wey no fit afford that kind price.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by psalmdave(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Idrismusty97: Abi.guy sorry o.continued your marketing but know say "Them no dey advertise garri but he still dey sell pass indomie grin
I no dey market o but come to think of it,Almost everybody wey dey sell indomie dey sell garri too...so no immense lossgrin
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2013
psalmdave: I no dey market o but come to think of it,Almost everybody wey dey sell indomie dey sell garri too...so no immense lossgrin
Lol.All the things we they argue na wash joor.If i see cheap gionee phone wey beta pass my tecno i go buy am ogrin.Nobody dey pay me to be Fan.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2013
Idrismusty97: 90-100k no be small thing o.Tecno dey make phone for people wey no fit afford that kind price.
When Gionee E6 was launched peeps say it wuld cos 60-70k but it turns out to be lesser dan expected "55k"
The full specs of E7 is not out yet as Gionee keeps flashing sum teasing specs. So u cannot stamp a price tag just yet.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2013
Godvilla: When Gionee E6 was launched peeps say it wuld cos 60-70k but it turns out to be lesser dan expected "55k"
The full specs of E7 is not out yet as Gionee keeps flashing sum teasing specs. So u cannot stamp a price tag just yet.
Gionee are gradually moving to the 70k ranges of phones but tecno want to stop at the 50k range.Infact it seems gionee has stop the production of low-end smart phones,that alone can give tecno a edge over them.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by mrdrizzy(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2013
Judging by devices dat run on snapdragon 800 clocked@2.1-2.4ghz presently come with nothing less dan 85k nigerian price.so u dnt expect d so called E7 dat will come with 2k resolution to be less dan 90k .anyway price drop daily! Thats one thing we need to knw
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2013
Idrismusty97: Gionee are gradually moving to the 70k ranges of phones but tecno want to stop at the 50k range.Infact it seems gionee has stop the production of low-end smart phones,that alone can give tecno a edge over them.

they are moving to it cox they wanna make somthing deep and better... if moving to 70 or 80k phone would make them much berra, then by god they can...

truth is gionee isnt tryn to compare with any phone maker, just of recent gionee india won the third largesr smartphone market overtaking japan... im not doin this for a fanboy thingy.. i simply tell the truth..one thing i still miss bout my old gionee is the super slim thingy... very very light weight. and if they can include this on this coming e7 and still sell it for bout 80grand.. by fuc.k im goin for the MONSTER.

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Zface(m): 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
avn't u heard of opsson, xiaomi, guys wise up don't stick to a device by being a fanboy
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by 12month: 8:58am On Nov 16, 2013
stop deceiving yourself with dis trash called tecno, gionee and co. I use A+ and I regret getting it. The stigmatisation alone is too bad. If u are interested am ready to sell mine... getting Samsung s4 in a couple of days kiss
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:50am On Nov 16, 2013
12month: stop deceiving yourself with dis trash called tecno, gionee and co. I use A+ and I regret getting it. The stigmatisation alone is too bad. If u are interested am ready to sell mine... getting Samsung s4 in a couple of days kiss

Your self esteem is terrible. #Justsaying

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Kamaye(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
Idrismusty97: Gionee are gradually moving to the 70k ranges of phones but tecno want to stop at the 50k range.Infact it seems gionee has stop the production of low-end smart phones,that alone can give tecno a edge over them.
Nope, they won't abandoned the low end segment as P2 is doing very well in the market infact they are planning to launch the E1 googled it and see.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by krugar07(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Kamaye: Nope, they won't abandoned the low end segment as P2 is doing very well in the market infact they are planning to launch the E1 googled it and see.
specs are identical to the e3. except 2000mAh and 4gb internal mem.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
One we need to know is that the demand for a product in Nigeria is elastic as a slight change in price will lead to loss of many customers. not all fingers are equal and the standard of living here is low.Tecno did a good job by bring low ended Android phones to about N12,000 which the so called gionee is selling for about N14,000 to N16,000.to some guys,they will say why don't you add N2000 to buy gionee after all it just N2000 different forgetting the fact that Some persons had budgeted N12,000. The only way gionee can penetrate the market well is by selling below what her competitors are offering and with a good quality product,if not it will be difficult for them.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
One thing we need to know is that the demand for a product in Nigeria is elastic as a slight change in price will lead to loss of many customers. not all fingers are equal and the standard of living here is low.Tecno did a good job by bring low ended Android phones to about N12,000 which the so called gionee is selling for about N14,000 to N16,000.to some guys,they will say why don't you add N2000 to buy gionee after all it just N2000 different forgetting the fact that Some persons had budgeted N12,000. The only way gionee can penetrate the market well is by selling below what her competitors are offering and with a good quality product,if not it will be difficult for them.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Kamaye(m): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
ASUU strike: One thing we need to know is that the demand for a product in Nigeria is elastic as a slight change in price will lead to loss of many customers. not all fingers are equal and the standard of living here is low.Tecno did a good job by bring low ended Android phones to about N12,000 which the so called gionee is selling for about N14,000 to N16,000.to some guys,they will say why don't you add N2000 to buy gionee after all it just N2000 different forgetting the fact that Some persons had budgeted N12,000. The only way gionee can penetrate the market well is by selling below what her competitors are offering and with a good quality product,if not it will be difficult for them.
Which phone is GiONEE selling for 14,000 and Tecno is selling 12,000? Maybe you are not aware of price difference between GiONEE P2 and Tecno P5, they are almost identical specs wise, but while GP2 cost just 14k TP5 is 16k despite the fact that GP2 have a better display and camera.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
Kamaye: Which phone is GiONEE selling for 14,000 and Tecno is selling 12,000? Maybe you are not aware of price difference between GiONEE P2 and Tecno P5, they are almost identical specs wise, but while GP2 cost just 14k TP5 is 16k despite the fact that GP2 have a better display and camera.

1.Gp2 has 0.3megapix front camera,Tp5 has 3megapix
2.Tp5 can switch both sim to 3g without swithching off the phone.Gp2 can't

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
Idrismusty97:

1.Gp2 has 0.3megapix front camera,Tp5 has 3megapix
2.Tp5 can switch both sim to 3g without swithching off the phone.Gp2 can't

a 13mp camera on tecno is a 5mp on all other phones... tecno just fuckn messes with d numbers. ... daz all..

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by directonpc(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

a 13mp camera on tecno is a 5mp on all other phones... tecno just fuckn messes with d numbers. ... daz all..
Free d guy
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Kamaye(m): 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

lol grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 12:40am On Nov 17, 2013
deejay_harry1:

Lmao
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 1:12am On Nov 17, 2013
deejay_harry1:

Lol....we have started this pointless argument again o grin.The bitter truth is that all these phone brands don't give a fucck about us they just want to make money with us.Don't be surprise Tecno,gionee and infinix are all affiliated to one company.Just like Volkswagen owns Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche (google it and seegrin )Already tecno and infinix share the same carlcare.(Something fishing here)
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Samgreguc(m): 7:24am On Nov 17, 2013
Muyiwa Mike: GIONEE E3 is the bomb..it quenches my gaming thirst by running HD games fluently...that's what i enjoy most as a gamer..16gig rom,1gig ram,312ppi..it has a memory card slot,superslim and so light u wouldn't even notice it's in ur pocket..camera is great too..8.0mp rear camera and 2.0mp..front camera and it's 4.7 inches..eva since i bought it..i've got no regrets whatsoeva.. #Team Gionee E3
how much did u get it?
Pls lets try to indicate their prices please, don't just tell us u bought Gionee phone pls.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by yehmy(m): 8:19am On Nov 17, 2013
Well to me gp2 is rubbish and d last time i heard frm BRAINREX gionee E6 is laggy so sad tho sad so y all d useless hype we giving all dis brand outta rivalry?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2013
Idrismusty97:

Lol....we have started this pointless argument again o grin.The bitter truth is that all these phone brands don't give a fucck about us they just want to make money with us.Don't be surprise Tecno,gionee and infinix are all affiliated to one company.Just like Volkswagen owns Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche (google it and seegrin )Already tecno and infinix share the same carlcare.(Something fishing here)

im no longer in support of two individuals arguing cox of the cellphone they use..its plain retard.... but i just had to chip on when i saw your post... truth is i have once used tecno and also gionee, and if asked to choose, i will choose the gionee... thtz just my opinion ... . and if any phone company should be accused of not caring for their customers but just tryn to milk them, it should be tecno...
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2013
deejay_harry1:

im no longer in support of two individuals arguing cox of the cellphone they use..its plain retard.... but i just had to chip on when i saw your post... truth is i have once used tecno and also gionee, and if asked to choose, i will choose the gionee... thtz just my opinion ... . and if any phone company should be accused of not caring for their customers but just tryn to milk them, it should be tecno...
Lol grin
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Jeffy1206(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2013
deejay_harry1:

that is very true, hence they wunt be producing phones anyhow sad
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by nani667: 11:05am On Nov 17, 2013
deejay_harry1:

Gionee also does this.... the 8MP camera on the Gpad G2 is like 3MP on Samsung... or even worse
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2013
nani.666:

Gionee also does this.... the 8MP camera on the Gpad G2 is like 3MP on Samsung ... or even worse
This is why i stop talking. Nobody wan carry last grin.Someone else will fly in and comment samsung 8megapix is like 1mp in nokia. smiley
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by fubbyy(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2013
Pls what's hotspot in phone?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2013
fubbyy: Pls what's hotspot in phone?
Its like a means of sharing your internet or files to a device with wifi close to you.It is almost like Bluetooth but it is stronger.You can also play multiplayer game with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Launch Of Itel S16 Series And Enjoy Better Life Slogan / Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / 6 Categories Of Mobile Network Customers. Where Do You Belong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.