Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,585 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP (21657 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Jonathan Hosts His Old Classmates To A Dinner At The Presidential Villa (photos) / "Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by fkaz(m): 6:02am On Nov 14, 2013
Leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) were in Minna, the Niger State capital, Wednesday to discuss with former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida and a former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar.
The meeting with the opposition leaders raised eyebrows in the state about its agenda, prompting the two former military leaders to defend their decision to hold talks with the opposition party.
Babangida, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in reaction to the speculations that he was being wooed to join the opposition party, said the APC leaders had the right to visit him for consultations, adding that Nigeria is greater than the ruling party.
"Nigeria is bigger than PDP. They came to talk about Nigeria and how to move the nation forward with me; it is not about anybody but about Nigeria as a country," he said.

According to him, he will always welcome anyone seeking his advice on how to move the nation forward.
The APC delegation, which included Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, Senator Bola Tinubu and the party's interim National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, first met with Babangida at his residence.
"The APC leaders visited me to discuss the welfare of the country, which should be the responsibility of every Nigerian, whether you belong to a party or you do not have a party. You have an assignment assigned to you to protect the integrity of the country.
"People who come to talk about Nigeria and the way forward will always be welcomed by me. We have to find a way forward for this generation; what we are doing is for this generation.
"The meeting had to do with the welfare, well-being, education, security and economic well-being of the country. Anything that would promote and move the country forward would be encouraged by me," he added.
On his part, Abdulsalami, who spoke after the APC leaders had met with him, denied speculations that they had come to woo him to join the opposition party.
"I am not a politician; I am not a partisan politician and I don't need to be wooed," he said.
He explained that the APC leaders came to brief him on the amalgamation of the new party, what they were doing, how far they had gone, and how things were moving.
"What I told them, they have already heard. I advised them on how all of us need this country and to make sure that we maintain peace in the country," he said.
He stressed the need for Nigerians to be allowed to exercise their rights to join any party of their choice.
Abdulsalami said: "Whether you are in the opposition or in government, in the various ways of your manifesto, you are serving the country. So whatever role any party finds itself, it should play that role very well."
Explaining their mission to the two former military leaders, Akande said they were in the state to consult with them so that they could be better prepared in running the activities of the party.
"We need to pick the brains of former rulers in this country in order to be wiser than we were before we came here," he said.
He added that the consultations would continue until they had met with all the wise men in the country

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/babangida-hosts-apc-says-nigeria-is-greater-than-pdp/164298/
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by 99100(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2013
And so what?
Are they the P R O G R E S S I V E S ? Lol!
Birds of the same feather flocks together.
Next news abeg.

9 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by EzePromoe: 6:23am On Nov 14, 2013
PDP is not great again because Jonathan has vandalised your money siphoning pipeline tongue

47 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by abu12: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2013
Well said maradona

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 14, 2013
And these are the bandits some people claim will fight corruption more than GEJ if elected? APC (Tinubu/Buhari) plus IBB is synonymous to corruption plus corruption and the result is CATASTROPHE. Hmmm, yeye dey smell!

46 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 14, 2013
IBB? The bringer of corruption?

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Omexonomy: 7:18am On Nov 14, 2013
Incase buhari mistakingly ibb will not be probed for pushing him out of power.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Ngokafor(f): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2013
I guess it's safe to say that Babangida is now a 'progressive'..

14 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2013
All these people are the bad eggs in PDP. I believe if they go to APC no need to join APC will manage the devil PDP we know

5 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by wasak(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2013
permanent interest
No permanent friend
no permanent enemy

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by BabaEleko(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Jonathan thinks he is bigger than Nigerians. 2015 dey come when we go show am say na only paper we need to fling am back to the river bank where he belong.

7 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by fkaz(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2013
Nigeria > PDP

since APC is concern about the welfare of nigerians

APC > PDP

Bravo, the GENERAL. grin

9 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by EzePromoe: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2013
A party with the likes of Tinubu, Buhari, IBB, Abdusalami is equal to LURKING DOOM!

19 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by frodobee: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2013
You know I am not a politician- I dont enjoy their spoils either. But I know that the day there is rancour amongst the kingmakers, that day heralds the new era of better governance. If after this abrakadabra dance by the APC and the Kingmakers(n-pdp, OBJ,IBB,Buhari,Tinubu,Amaechi etc) a.k.a-consultation and Jonathan still wins, hmmmm, you can guess the rest.
Some people are drowning in the ocean of politics and looking for some straw to hold on to. Until these old hogs drown fully and leave the landscape for the youth, the supposed leaders of tommorrow, the Nigerian story will remain the same.
Meanwhile, Nigerians in Industry are galvanizing for tommorrow. We currently mine one of the most abundant resources of Nigeria- Granite.

We deal in highest quality granite and chippings. we supply Rivers, Portharcourt, Calabar, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi,Nnewi, Owerri, Aba, Umuahia etc.

below are our prices per ton for different sizes of aggregates

1. 3/4.........N2500 per ton
2. 3/8..........N2500 per ton
3.1/2...........N2300 per ton
4. 1 inch.....N3500 per ton
5. Waste....N1200 per ton
6. Dust.......N800 per ton

Transport ranges from N35,000 - N80,000
depending on kind of truck(trailer or double axle tipper) and distance.

Our quarry is located in Nkalagu and Ishiagu all in Ebonyi state.

contact 080.793.71916.
Am also grateful to those who so far has called to patronize us especially from Nnewi, we say thanks. You are also welcome to call for enquiries.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by frodobee: 7:52am On Nov 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by braine(m): 7:58am On Nov 14, 2013
I'm really enjoying this style of campaign developed by APC•
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by realsuigeneris: 8:01am On Nov 14, 2013
Does it mean that APC does not have the credible people to rule this country?

Claiming to be a progressive party, pls are these same old men the progressives?

As so APC's major aim is just to remove GEJ and not to give d masses d good governance we all clamour for.

11 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by thaoriginator: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: And these are the bandits some people claim will fight corruption more than GEJ if elected? APC (Tinubu/Buhari) plus IBB is synonymous to corruption plus corruption and the result is CATASTROPHE. Hmmm, yeye dey smell!
see yeye talk o! IBB and Abdulsalam are former presidos, if APC consults the 2 doesn't mean they want them to join APC, after all IBB is a member of the killer party.. We need to kick PDP out ASAP!

10 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2013
Eze Promoe: PDP is not great again because Jonathan has vandalised your money siphoning pipeline tongue
actually, in a way, u are true..
The word 'vandalized' made it true because ur GEJ himself is nothing but a more greedy thief!

5 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by BlackPeni5: 8:16am On Nov 14, 2013
2015 will really be interesting...GEJ is incompetent, PDP is in shambles, APC frolicking with criminals, APC the hope for Nigeria, etc etc.

We are watching...

4 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by sakaguchi(m): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2013
Really? He forgot to mention that nigeria is bigger than any open toothed general.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by omenka(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2013
I can bet my life and soul when Jo finally vacates Aso Villa no one, not even his village Head, would deem it necessary consult with him for advice. My life I said.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by kennyonthrone(m): 9:09am On Nov 14, 2013
Mtchhewww al dis old niggas no go retire ni......na una go d stil d kal us leaderz of a 2mrw dat neva kumz kuz una 2day no d eva pass...ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by taharqa: 9:14am On Nov 14, 2013
Ngokafor: I guess it's safe to say that Babangida is now a 'progressive'..
Yes o grin.....#bladdiHypocrites, alla dem

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Akpaife(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2013
if APC like let them visit all Nigerians them cnt stop GEJ from contesting n also be our president till 2019

GOODLUCK is a moving train let enter n move 4ward till 2019

18 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 14, 2013
A country where the same persons that brought us to this parlous state of affairs, are also consulted on the way forward. It is a shame that instead of IBB putting the finishing touch to his prison memoir, as a result of grand larcenery, serial murders(including late Dele Giwa) and rape of our institutions and values, he is walking free and 'consulting'.

Welcome, IBB the 'progressive' as you join other 'progressives' like Tinubu, Buhari and Ikimi in moving the country 'forward'. Something we understand you were denied the chance of doing as a military president for 8 years. Now you can do it as a private citizen.

Buhari is going around recruiting members of his band of traducers. I expect them to visit T Y Danjuma and Abdullahi Mohammed next.

Let us fold our hands and watch as the vultures gather over the remains of a country that they have abused and battered. They started in July 1966; they called it a counter-coup, 1975 they struck again!, 1983, 1985 and 1993 they held us hostage with the barrel of the gun. Today, they have become reformed progressives and the ignorant masses are the new gun to be used against the sitting government.

If indeed we want development in Nigeria, let us stop looking for healthy teeth in a rotten mouth.

58 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by free2ryhme: 10:15am On Nov 14, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2013
Kiss of DEATH from the evil one.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by BabaEleko(m): 10:28am On Nov 14, 2013
utumunta: A country where the same persons that brought us to this parlous state of affairs, are also consulted on the way forward. It is a shame that instead of IBB putting the finishing touch to his prison memoir, as a result of grand larcenery, serial murders(including late Dele Giwa) and rape of our institutions and values, he is walking free and 'consulting'.

Welcome, IBB the 'progressive' as you join other 'progressives' like Tinubu, Buhari and Ikimi in moving the country 'forward'. Something we understand you were denied the chance of doing as a military president for 8 years. Now you can do it as a private citizen.

Buhari is going around recruiting members of his band of traducers. I expect them to visit T Y Danjuma and Abdullahi Mohammed next.

Let us fold our hands and watch as the vultures gather over the remains of a country that they have abused and battered. They started in July 1966; they called it a counter-coup, 1975 they struck again!, 1983, 1985 and 1993 they held us hostage with the barrel of the gun. Today, they have become reformed progressives and the ignorant masses are the new gun to be used against the sitting government.

If indeed we want development in Nigeria, let us stop looking for healthy teeth in a rotten mouth.

I wish u were neutral in ur post without calling out only APC pple's names, would have earned u 1 like.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: And these are the bandits some people claim will fight corruption more than GEJ if elected? APC (Tinubu/Buhari) plus IBB is synonymous to corruption plus corruption and the result is CATASTROPHE. Hmmm, yeye dey smell!

You will never fail to disappoint! Was it not the same IBB that GEJ called his mentor in politics and also went to visit prior the 2011 election for an endorsement?

Later when he got the security report that IBB was not too disposed to him and that he also wants to contest the PDP primaries,he masterminded the Oct 1st bombing at Eagle's square according to Henry Okah in order to rope in Chief Raymond Dokpesi who was then the Director General of IBB campaign organisation as a means of gettting at IBB?

You can spin this consultation/meeting of APC apparachiks with 2 Former Head of State the way you want but the fact remains that GEJ is jittery and PDP is now being served the same dosage of their own medicine

The best form of defence is attack! In politics,you plunder the comfort zone of your enemies

The same way GEJ is sponsoring and empowering renegade LP members such as Mimiko,Ladoja,Gbenga Daniels,Opeyemi Bamidele and Afenifere old brigade against anything Tinubu which you people don't see as anti-party activities or even APGA in the SE

So also is APC at liberty to enter the PDP's camp to rattle it

For those who are waiting for SAINTS to come and rule Nigeria,you will wait till thy kingdom come

Gani Fawehinmi was here,you all shouted him down and asked him to stick to activism and refused to vote for him under a SAINTLY NCP party which wasn't into distributing garri,rice and ankara

Prof Pat Okedinachi Utomi also have been on the fringes preaching paradigm shift,contested and spent about N700million of his own money under SDMP,you all said 'If only he will join a major party and work from the inside' you didn't vote for him cos you said you didn't want to waste your votes cos he might not win

Now he is in APC,you still said 'Ah he has gone to join them'

Festus Keyamo has been shouting himself hoarse using the instrumentality of law to fight for the downtrodden but the fact remains that political platform remains the best avenue to affect a large number of individual. He joined APC,you all sneered at him

Yet some of you can't mobilise 10 people to form a political party of the decent and by the decent but will rather constitute yourselves into armchair critics

If an enemy is fighting me with an AK47,you don't expect me to go and deploy a catapult as a defence mechanism

In Boxing,we call it Pound for Pound!

In the 60s,it was called 'You Tarka me,I Daboh you' ( apologies to JS Tarka and G Adzuana Daboh who had a landmark political fight then!)

62 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by BlackPeni5: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2013
utumunta: A country where the same persons that brought us to this parlous state of affairs, are also consulted on the way forward. It is a shame that instead of IBB putting the finishing touch to his prison memoir, as a result of grand larcenery, serial murders(including late Dele Giwa) and rape of our institutions and values, he is walking free and 'consulting'.

2000 likes.

Baba_Eleko:

I wish u were neutral in ur post without calling out only APC pple's names, would have earned u 1 like.

In Nigeria, there's no way you can talk about "Progressives" without mentioning APC names....Afterall that's what they are trying to make us believe....Between, I think we've had enough of GEJ though. Except something remarkable happens from now to April 2015

4 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by gerald09(m): 11:45am On Nov 14, 2013
Hw d heck is dis about Nigeria, it stopped being about Nigeria since 1966 when d North took over, this is about d North ruling. PDP is d worst political party in the world but APC has no good intention for Nigeria as well.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha: "I Am Crazy And Mad, That's My Style Of Governance" / "As A Mother, I Cannot Order Police To Shoot At Students"-Erelu Bisi Fayemi / Herdsmen Killed My Husband For Complaining Cows Ate His Cassava - Ogun Farmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.