Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free (8632 Views)

Download All PHP Video Tutorials By Thenewboston / Man Sells Ebola.com For 33 Million Naira / Teenager Sells Mobile Startup To Yahoo for $30 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by dwittyc0der(f): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2013
if(sellingvideo(G+)==true)
{
jail(g+);
12yrs(g+);
}
else
{
goFree();
}

lmaooo !!!! na true oooo.. i fit do u now !! make i write petition on lynda about u and they will cancel ur account and report ur card smiley.. u might get jailed in india for like 50 yrs wink wink grin grin cool cool tongue tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
kingthreat: Ok Alex Uzor is a reseller of tutorial videos which he claims to have acquired by paying for them. The sites he got the videos from include: Lynda.com . I went to Lynda's site and this is what was stated on their website use policy:

2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS

(a) The Website and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. This Policy permits you to use the Website for your non-commercial use only. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted, are reserved by the Company.

(b) You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Website, except as follows: (i) You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes; (ii) if we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by an applicable end user license agreement for such applications; and (iii) if we provide social media features at any time, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.

(c) You may not: (i) use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or (ii) delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website; or (iii) access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.

(d) The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.

Graphicsplus you are guilty of infrignement. Stop trying to make yourself look good. You claim to know whoever, but what you are doing is wrong. Using other people's web content for commercial use. The owners wish it is not made commercial but here you are. In a lawful country, you will go to jail.

1 Like

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2013
This is not the point. The OP said i was selling videos i got free at thenewsboston. He's yet to prove that. If am giving out these videos free, which i have done, most people here will be glad. But we fail to also know that distributing the videos free is also illegal.

Well, I have already gotten my subscription money. I didnt even put much interest in the selling of the videos. No advert has been made about it. I just told my friends on fb. But I must point out also that i am WRONG to either distribute the videos freely or by payment. The OP simply said that i got the videos free and now selling them. i just proved to him that i paid for the videos, but the truth is that i didnt pay for them to sell them. i want to thank everybody that has contributed so far on this thread. All ur comments are highly appreciated and noted.

1 Like

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by talk2me006(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2013
please let take it easy.
i believe somthing else has hidden under this issue.
@op ! u shdnt have gone so far in saying such things in public like this even if Graphic plus found guilty .
i will advise you to edit that your post title abt graphicplus .it is too early and dangrous to act like that on someone image. remember the nairaland search egine index is very strong.

1 Like

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by kingthreat(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2013
GraphicsPlus: This is not the point. The OP said i was selling videos i got free at thenewsboston. He's yet to prove that. If am giving out these videos free, which i have done, most people here will be glad. But we fail to also know that distributing the videos free is also illegal.

Well, I have already gotten my subscription money. I didnt even put much interest in the selling of the videos. No advert has been made about it. I just told my friends on fb. But I must point out also that i am WRONG to either distribute the videos freely or by payment. The OP simply said that i got the videos free and now selling them. i just proved to him that i paid for the videos, but the truth is that i didnt pay for them to sell them. i want to thank everybody that has contributed so far on this thread. All ur comments are highly appreciated and noted.

Thumbs up Alex, everybody makes mistakes. It takes great people to acknowledge such.
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by kingthreat(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2013
Are you going to stop illegally distributing them? I can understand what you are doing for a price is what warez sites do for free grin grin

1 Like

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by wisemania(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2013
@Joomlaman i feel 4u,dnt paniccoz wif tym d truth wud be unraveled--
@G+ carry on jare....no mind dem badu bele fiful

1 Like

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by Djtm(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2013
OMG! Lord, when will people hate me like like this. I need haters!!!! *tears shirt*
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by EasyNaijacom: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
I come in peace.

Talk about double standards and irony.

GraphicsPlus claims he got the videos from Lynda.com, InfiniteSkills.com, Udemy.com and KillerSiteVideos.com, while denying the OP's claims that they were from TheNewBoston.org, well I've got something that may cause you nightmares. It's not about the OP's newboston.org claims, it's about claims that you got them from the afforementioned websites (note that I was already writing this before I saw kings reply, which explains it all in summary)

Intellectual Property Rights Policy From Lynda.com
(a) The Website and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. This Policy permits you to use the Website for your non-commercial use only. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted, are reserved by the Company.

(b) You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Website.

(c) You may not: (i) use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or (ii) delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website; or (iii) access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.

Purchasing Faq From InfiniteSkills.com
Q: What is the licensing terms for my digital download?
A: There is a License Agreement.pdf document included in your download that outlines the licensing terms of your purchase, but basically you have a single concurrent user license for your purchase. You can only view 1 copy of your purchase at any given time, may not broadcast it over the internet or public/private network, and cannot make copies for the purpose of sharing or selling. Details are included in the License Agreement.pdf file in your download.

Snippet From Udemy.com
First, let me make it clear that Udemy.com is a corporate and expensive online course organisation offering up to $146 per course. Even if you pay for a course, you get a license and you take the course via an app, you cannot download them (even IDM won't help you here) so nobody should try to deceive themselves... But if you want something from the website here it is:

"Are course licenses transferable?"
"Course licenses are on a per-user basis and are not transferable."

And as for Killersitevideos.com, it doesn't exist.

You know, if GraphicsPlus had said those videos were from thenewboston.org, things would have been easier (as the videos there are just youtube embeds which you can get using IDM, and I would have argued in his favour because everyone can go on youtube) But mentioning those other websites is just a wrong turn my friend. Would you like it if I contacted the guys at Lynda and InfiniteSkills and link them to your site and what you claim? would you be ok with that?

You were the same person who went to town on that poor boy Elvis when he asked for app development support from volunteers or anyone willing to give. You were the same human being who accused him of downloading website frameworks and calling it his own.

What is the difference between what you have done and downloading a movie onto a CD and selling it at Alaba? What is that name we call those guys again?

But wait, I thought you were making millions from your website dealings, why stoop to the level of selling cds and ebooks? Have your website clients left you? Oh this cruel world.

So what are you going to do now Mr. Alex Uzor? Are you going to google me as well and try to pin my username to the OP? Are you going to pay a mod N15,000 to edit my post? Oh wait, no one has bought your CDs yet.

13 Likes

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by EasyNaijacom: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
Also, don't just think you can end it here and get away with it, I saw how you carried Elvis's post then to about 11 pages or so even while he begged for it to stop, and even creating threads of your own. You, my friend, have lied to the only people who trusted and believed in you. Just keep it in your head that this would be a point of referrence for anyone who has read this and may try to do business with you in future. Karma is truly a b--ch.

5 Likes

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by kingthreat(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
Djtm: OMG! Lord, when will people hate me like like this. I need haters!!!! *tears shirt*

Nobody hates him. He's very controversial. If you ever went through his preachings on his so-called ethics, you'll understand better.
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by kingthreat(m): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Easynaija, you said it all. couldn't have said it any better. Great piece.

1 Like

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
@kingthreat @EasyNaija remind me never to get on you guy's side; mehn that was .................................... shocked

1 Like

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by sisqology(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
soloqy:

I guess the shock and outrage stems from the fact that its Graphicplus... The "do it yourself" , code it all yourself dude"

I guess(just guessing) , that the guy was expecting it to be Graphicplus' original work since he usually condemns any sort of copying whether it requires crediting the originator or not.

Chei
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by sisqology(m): 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
GraphicsPlus: OP, i said u should calm down, u ar Joomlaman. u make urself a f00l by denying. nobody wil kill u if u posted this crap wit ur real ID (joomlaman). why create new id.

How did i know u ar joomlaman?

The email u used to send me message requesting for sample videos has betrayed u. The email is: Umar Yusuf <forum2k9@gmail.com>. The email signatures carries:
www.Bintasms.com
www.BintaComputers.net

The nairaland signature of joomlaman carries: www.bintacomputers.net

If u search locally about bintasms, you wil see a place joomlaman listed thses websites as his:
www.bintasms.com
www.bintacomputers.net
www.umaryusuf.com

May Allah forgive u becos I have forgiven u.

NB: I just noticed u edited ur nairaland signature fom: 'Providing ICT to Nigerians - www.bintacomputers.net' to: 'True Naija Joomla'.

Busted grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by brown4959: 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
OLE AJOBOLE. OLO JI GARRI LOJA #SINGING angry

bring car tyre, bring petrol, bring lighter.

eyi boys, give G+ the beating of is life.

pour petrol oya........ cheesy grin grin

ole jati jati wink

2 Likes

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by sisqology(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
kingthreat: Ok Alex Uzor is a reseller of tutorial videos which he claims to have acquired by paying for them. The sites he got the videos from include: Lynda.com . I went to Lynda's site and this is what was stated on their website use policy:

2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS

(b) You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Website, except as follows: (i) You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes; (ii) if we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by an applicable end user license agreement for such applications; and (iii) if we provide social media features at any time, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.

(d) The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.

Graphicsplus you are guilty of infrignement. Stop trying to make yourself look good. You claim to know whoever, but what you are doing is wrong. Using other people's web content for commercial use. The owners wish it is not made commercial but here you are. In a lawful country, you will go to jail.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by dwittyc0der(f): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
LMAOOO !!!!
brown4959: OLE AJOBOLE. OLO JI GARRI LOJA #SINGING angry

ole jati jati wink
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by Djtm(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
kingthreat:

Nobody hates him. He's very controversial. If you ever went through his preachings on his so-called ethics, you'll understand better.
I think the op does. He couldn't even post with his real id. He just kept calling him theif. He was just ranting about getting the vids free from the newboston.org and selling them. All of his claims were wrong but he presented them with a strong conviction and hatred. If g+ hadn't posted where he got the vids from, we wouldn't have known he violated copyright.
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by sisqology(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
EasyNaija.com:
I come in peace.

Talk about double standards and irony.

GraphicsPlus claims he got the videos from Lynda.com, InfiniteSkills.com, Udemy.com and KillerSiteVideos.com, while denying the OP's claims that they were from TheNewBoston.org, well I've got something that may cause you nightmares. It's not about the OP's newboston.org claims, it's about claims that you got them from the afforementioned websites (note that I was already writing this before I saw kings reply, which explains it all in summary)

Intellectual Property Rights Policy From Lynda.com

(b) You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Website.

Purchasing Faq From InfiniteSkills.com
Q: What is the licensing terms for my digital download?
A: There is a License Agreement.pdf document included in your download that outlines the licensing terms of your purchase, but basically you have a single concurrent user license for your purchase. You can only view 1 copy of your purchase at any given time, may not broadcast it over the internet or public/private network, and cannot make copies for the purpose of sharing or selling. Details are included in the License Agreement.pdf file in your download.

Snippet From Udemy.com
First, let me make it clear that Udemy.com is a corporate and expensive online course organisation offering up to $146 per course. Even if you pay for a course, you get a license and you take the course via an app, you cannot download them (even IDM won't help you here) so nobody should try to deceive themselves... But if you want something from the website here it is:

And as for Killersitevideos.com, it doesn't exist.

You know, if GraphicsPlus had said those videos were from thenewboston.org, things would have been easier (as the videos there are just youtube embeds which you can get using IDM, and I would have argued in his favour because everyone can go on youtube) But mentioning those other websites is just a wrong turn my friend. Would you like it if I contacted the guys at Lynda and InfiniteSkills and link them to your site and what you claim? would you be ok with that?

You were the same person who went to town on that poor boy Elvis when he asked for app development support from volunteers or anyone willing to give. You were the same human being who accused him of downloading website frameworks and calling it his own.

What is the difference between what you have done and downloading a movie onto a CD and selling it at Alaba? What is that name we call those guys again?

But wait, I thought you were making millions from your website dealings, why stoop to the level of selling cds and ebooks? Have your website clients left you? Oh this cruel world.

So what are you going to do now Mr. Alex Uzor? Are you going to google me as well and try to pin my username to the OP? Are you going to pay a mod N15,000 to edit my post? Oh wait, no one has bought your CDs yet.

Omaga bayiii o; sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by Djtm(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
brown4959: OLE AJOBOLE. OLO JI GARRI LOJA #SINGING angry

ole jati jati wink
you have issues!

2 Likes

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by dwittyc0der(f): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
the g+ self no dey online lipsrsealed... G+ SHULD BE fired !!!!! cheesy
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by ujuslims(f): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Heeey I've had a good laugh just reading all the comments. Graphicplus, hopefully u will not land in hot soup.
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by talk2me006(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
why all these !
let s stop these things now.
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by onyengbu: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Reason why people should not take things too seriously in life.
Graphicplus do take things too seriously.

If all these were done by onyengbu, I doubt if anyone will bat an eyelid grin

2 Likes

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Well frankly we are all guilty one way or the other using images from Google in our web design and charging a fee that's almost the same; i guess there's no need for all this attacks; because our focal point should be as NL Developer and Designer working as a community because lately i have yet to see joint collaboration frequently on NL; which is terrible. am sure G+ has taken this into consideration no need to further insult. thanks house (Future Moderator Speaking)
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by kingthreat(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
From the way it is, this site should be brought down http://www.webtutsfromscratch.com/

Else the original owners made to know about it. Since Graphicsplus claims to know many of them personally, I bet they will really be proud of their Nigerian friend grin grin grin
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by onyengbu: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
kingthreat: From the way it is, this site should be brought down http://www.webtutsfromscratch.com/

Else the original owners made to know about it. Since Graphicsplus claims to know many of them personally, I bet they will really be proud of their Nigerian friend grin grin grin

[size=28pt]supported![/size]
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by kingthreat(m): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Why I will never use my real details on Nairaland.
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
kingthreat: Why I will never use my real details on Nairaland.

Well yeah that's one of the perks but i have nothing to hide because i don't expect to do something that wud warrant such
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by databoy247(m): 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
This is really a funny thread. A case of a preacher of perfectionism becoming crucified for imperfection. At one point in time, we are all guilty of copyright infringement and no body is perfect. Anyway, i hope the accused would understand that you cant compel people to become perfect "like you" whereas you also commit same crimes you preach against.

Since you have gotten your money back (like you said) you can as well pull down the site to regain your reputation..(not the perfectionist reputation but the responsive and exceptional analytic mind on website criticism, which you have no rival) and let all these arguments end. You can consider the project closed earlier than expected since you made no loss nor gain and move on to a new less controversial project which would not speak of copyright infringement.

@Others (honorable judges), you have made your point known and i guess from now, G+ would thread softly on using his hammer of corrections and preachings. Why dont you guys allow him fix this and lets all move on, dont forget he is our Mr Responsive. If anything can count for his worthy contributions here, then that should count. You dont hang a good driver for a mistake of forgetting to change the engine oil when due. I rest my case. cool cool

3 Likes

Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by onyengbu: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
[size=18pt]Thou shall not touch His Annointed! grin[/size]
Re: GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free by Moxie4lyf(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Seriously, i like nairaland...We really gat Intelligient minds here; you just cant come and talk or behave anyone....Guys are always steps ahead no matter how fast you think you are...
Easynaija abi wetin be your name; please take am easy...
I understand the outcry of the @OP, i guess its more of "disappointment" than hatred considering these materials are the intellectual properties of other people which Mr. Alex commercialised without being authorised.
I didnt pay for anything though, but was also disappointed when i discovered it wasnt his own personal tutorials...
Allah, with the way I do read Graphic Plus post, i never knew he would ever use another man's property, not even that of Bill Gate.

The guy too strict and mean.
I had 2 stop taking his words serious cos as a newbie, the guy fit discourage me.
Now, na dem PC Guru, Dhtml,Javanian and few othas i dey (secretly) learn from

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do People "Buy" Google Adsense Accounts? / Simple Steps To Get Backlinks From .gov And .edu Sites / Park N Shop Acquires Shopforless.com,nigeria's Pioneer Online Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.