Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally (43750 Views)

Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court / Dismissed Anambra PDP Senator Ekwunife Seeks Nomination From APC! / Anambra PDP Will Cooperate With APGA — Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Pukkah:

Does it not belittle and demean the President to sit by and watch while such reckless statements were made?

It is noble that you admitted that the statements were reckless.

I would not have minded so much as a Nigerian if the President or any other national symbol was not there.

I would have also ignored it if such statements had been made by anonymous people on Nairaland.

But making such a statement in the presence of the President is a disrespect to that office. That the President let it go also speaks volume about him .

If those statements were made in the gathering of local politicians...they could easily have been forgiven as political exuberance...however doing such while the President of the country is seated right there and without any attempt at caution makes the whole episode a very sad commentary of the type of people at the highest level of government in Nigeria today...

Well...some people can down-play it as much as they wish...but the truth is other Nigerians are not particularly happy with this type of backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by IFELEKE(m): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
This is Nigeria where leaders suffer from logorrhea...
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Ruchidera(f): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
Afam4eva: It's called politics. people will go to any length to get political power. As reckless as some of the statements sound, they can garner a lot of votes based on what they said. They have played on the emotions of the people.
Yeah!. After reading this article below, I was moved as well.

Don't be deceived by Apc party, to sell our offorndi igbo(APGA)

Remember that thesame(hausa and yoruba's)
they will later open there mouth and laugh at
u igbos"

They will say' so is true that,igbos don't have
there own party.

Igbos let's stand up on our fit and tell buhari
and tinubu that enough is enough in igbo
land.
Igbos are willinly to control themselves as
have there own party, like other parties .

We will not sell our #selves and also our #
future generation into #slavery" to avoid"
had I know? .

Where muslim group to ride entire southeast
with there APC

APC are the muslim group that help muslim-
brotherhood,to islamise nigeria state .
and also to bring distraction and division in
igboland

But'in jesus name".
they have been exposed
Now' the choice left for us! #Ndiigbo! #

Ndianambra. Let us Be wise!

Because" london we see today,is man made"
so let's do it now'Because' #Ndigbo is now or never.

Cos' if we mistankingly lost APGAthat will take (us) #ndiigbo like many more
decades to recover or regain the apga that
will loost( I just imaginalise) .

Be value a litle thing u have.

APGA is all we have

Are we going to fold our hands and watch
yorubas and hausas" were they will destroy
all ikemba ojukwu's effort for us(ndi igbo) ? .

PLEASE BE BOLD AND BE WISE

THE WORLD OF TODAY" ARE WISER THAN THE
WORLD OF YESTERDAY

Ask ur self this questions!!!!!

1)
When ask hausa" what is the name of ur
party'he will say to u, that I be cpc now apc.
2)
Then'ask a yoruba man' his party name' he
will tells u' I be can now apc
3)
But when u ask igbo man' his party nsame'he
will tell u' I will vote person and not party
Tufiakwa" tufiakwa and tufiakwa again"

Because of u igbo efule-efu will have
collected ur jumbopaid" there it will make u to
sell off our igbo dignty and unity into islam

say no for islamisation
IGBO NDINWEM"
dalu nu o!

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
ilugunboy:

If those statements were made in the gathering of local politicians...they could easily have been forgiven as political exuberance...however doing such while the President of the country is seated right there and without any attempt at caution makes the whole episode a very sad commentary of the type of people at the highest level of government in Nigeria today...

Well...some people can down-play it as much as they wish...but the truth is other Nigerians are not particularly happy with this type of backwardness.
The President will have to explain this come next year when he will be campaigning for the PDP candidate in Osun State governorship election. I trust Osun State people. God help him for OAU, Ile-Ife to be in session.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Chigorkizz(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lets be true to ourselves.i tink non of d PDP members made such statement as claimed by d op.

Nairaland is not helping matter by allowing such thread made its front page.

Nairaland has lost its objectives and d purpose it serve.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Pukkah: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's the reality of the Nigeria that we live in today. The recklessness didn't start with Jonathan and won't end with him until be get our act together. I thin it's also imperative that we talk about some reckless actions that bore these reckless statements.

We are getting somehere bro.

I agree that Nigeria is a faulty contraption. I also agree that we have been putting paper over major cracks.

But what sort of reckless actions that bore these reckless statements would justify them being made in the physical presence of the President of Nigeria?

How does that solve the problem of the 'reality that we live in today'?

Is this type of omission on the part of the President worsening or solving the problem?
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
Afam, you deliberately deleted my post where I quoted yours complaining how some people edit my posts, reposted it as quotes after adding their hate lines. The battle line has been drawn.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Italiano1: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
emmanuel4758: i wish u wat ever u wish my presido cus in bible god says respect ur elder so dat ur life will be long

Does your Bible condone corruption as well? The Bible is referring to upright Elders that deserve respect not morbidly corrupt men like your Presido.

Your Presido is a buffoon and a retard! he is gradually self destructing and as the popular saying goes:

He who the gods want to destroy, they first make mad!

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Chigorkizz(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
I think the op violated Nairaland rule number 8 that says-++
DON'T POST FALSE INFORMATION ON NAIRALAND..

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by huptin(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
Arysexy: Truth is a bitter kolanut in the mouth of d conscienceless

Ridiculous ko fact ni!

Is it not fact dat awolowo killed d igbos? U can't stop us from referring to d history. Those who seek to silence d history makes d mistake of d past repeatedly. U can't tell Jews not to talk about d holocaust.

Is it not fact dat d security challenge anambra is facing which is kidnapping has turned a lucrative business? So wots wrong in pointing out dat he wil tackle it?

Stupid OP, I watched d live telecast and I know d contest they wia made.

Whether Awolowo killed igbos is not the issue here bro, why demonise a whole region of about forty million people who have been accommodating to the same igbo people for political gains. Thats the height of wickedness bro.

6 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Pukkah: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
ilugunboy:

Absolutely.

Honestly, the handlers of the President should encourage him to issue a statement to disown that reckless statement. It is not too late for him to redeem himself. He needs to do some damage control. And if doesn't do it, I wish him 'good luck'.

He should conduct himself as a President and not a local champion.

President Jonathan should know that he is no longer a PDP candidate or Bayelsa state governor. Whether or not people like it, he's the face of Nigeria. Whether or not Nigeria is a faulty contraption, he should at least do what he swore to do.

As a good leader, he should not victimize, deride, demean or insult any part of the country or religion or physically watch anyone do it.

History will judge him on whether or not he was a 'good leader'.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by surecan: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:

You lots are not intellectually endowed, while not stick to the spare part selling thingy where your expertise lies.

I have no business with you because you don't know your left from your right, follow follow
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by karpentar: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
Baba_Eleko: These people talk as if they didn't even pass "common entrance" in primary school. I wonder how they got their Bscs and PhDs. The one wey pain me pass na Jonathan. I can't believe we made this man our president. That man won't make a councillor in a developed country.

The same way your leader (Tinubu) secured a fake Toronto University certificate.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Pukkah: 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Chigorkizz: .i tink non of d PDP members made such statement as claimed by d op.

Chigorkizz: I think the op violated Nairaland rule number 8 that says-++
DON'T POST FALSE INFORMATION ON NAIRALAND..

Please prove that the post is not true.

You may also tell us the actual statements that were made at the place.

Thanks.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Akiika: 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
Awon eranko!

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Its not ridiculous. They are being what they are programmed to be by their society.
When your principle is guided by your belly and position in life, you can say anything irrespective. An average Nigerian politician is like a flood, who flows which ever way circumstances directs or channels it.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by eggheaders(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
surecan:

I have no business with you because you don't know your left from your right, follow follow

Coming from you an apostle of herd mentality political ideology that is priceless.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Arysexy(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ruchidera: Yeah!. After reading this article below, I was moved as well.

u igbos"

there own party.

land.

had I know? .

with there APC

igboland

But'in jesus name".
they have been exposed

APGA is all we have

WORLD OF YESTERDAY

1)
2)
3)

say no for islamisation
IGBO NDINWEM"
dalu nu o!

This is an eye opener! APGA is ojukwu legacy let's support it. Ikemba's party must not die with his demise. Say no to APC!

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ruchidera: Yeah!. After reading this article below, I was moved as well.

u igbos"

there own party.

land.

had I know? .

with there APC

igboland

But'in jesus name".
they have been exposed

APGA is all we have

WORLD OF YESTERDAY

1)
2)
3)

say no for islamisation
IGBO NDINWEM"
dalu nu o!

That is why they want to striffle our education system,with more education will dismiss the religious and ethnic myth that the elites use as tools in distracting us from their anti people Agendas.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by cKaiser: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
These are statements that should be repeated in the SWest whether during elections or not so we know how our neighbours view us

You warn them against the party of Awolowo but how many Anambras are getting their daily bread from Awolowos land

Yoruba politicians should wake up and stop this stupidd sophistication and start the smear campaign on Ibos too and lets see who would lose

We should remind our people of those who killed Akintola, Ademulegun, Sodeinde.

We should remind them of those who attacked Ore and bombed parts of Yorubaland

8 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Pukkah:

We are getting somehere bro.

I agree that Nigeria is a faulty contraption. I also agree that we have been putting paper over major cracks.

But what sort of reckless actions that bore these reckless statements would justify them being made in the physical presence of the President of Nigeria?

How does that solve the problem of the 'reality that we live in today'?

Is this type of omission on the part of the President worsening or solving the problem?
Some of you don't get it or still by now doesn't really understand Nigeria.
Those statement are what everybody says behind close door and among agreeable folks and peer. Its how most Nigerians views other Nigeria, especially among the big three. Its just that people are some how bolder now because they are drunk with power or closer to power than ever before. Wait till 2015 comes.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by sirfemoz(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
Sometimes I'm amazed to some of the comments and contributions of my fellow nairalanders on this forum.. This POLITICIANS are playing with our minds. What's the intention and ambition of the OP with this topic? Where's is the full copy of where the so called "Ridiculous Statement was made"? I believe more than 85% of nairalanders are graduate, yet we keep acting like we have not seen school. We are now calling names, cursing our leader. Indirectly dancing to the tune of the OP. Let's us all wisen up, social media is the easiest way of passing information to the public, especially the youth.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Pukkah: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Eziachi:
Its just that people are some how bolder now because they are drunk with power or closer to power than ever before. Wait till 2015 comes.

What does the newfound 'boldness' mean for the masses? Will it make the situation better or worse?

Eziachi:
When your principle is guided by your belly and position in life, you can say anything irrespective. An average Nigerian politician is like a flood, who flows which ever way circumstances directs or channels it.

grin >
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Arysexy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
huptin:

Whether Awolowo killed igbos is not the issue here bro, why demonise a whole region of about forty million people who have been accommodating to the same igbo people for political gains. Thats the height of wickedness bro.

Tribal politics was planted by awolowo. U rmbr awolowo vs zik? D cross carpeting dur to tribalism? It will be hard to stop once it start. Mind u dat u lots in APC call GEJ fish brain, fisherman, clueless, retard, etc heaven did not fall.

Arthur eze made his comment very far from wia Gej was seated and u cnt tell if GEJ later reprimanded him for dat. Left for me arthur eze comment was straight forward. He said it dat he lost his father to d war and his sister to awolowo starvation policy, we igbos detest dat name awo, if APC must win any SE, then d earlier they start detaching awo from dia party d better.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by surecan: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
[

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by surecan: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
cKaiser: These are statements that should be repeated in the SWest whether during elections or not so we know how our neighbours view us

You warn them against the party of Awolowo but how many Anambras are getting their daily bread from Awolowos land

Yoruba politicians should wake up and stop this stupidd sophistication and start the smear campaign on Ibos too and lets see who would lose

We should remind our people of those who killed Akintole, Ademulegun, Sodeinde.

We should remind them of those who attacked Ore and bombed parts of Yorubaland

Igbos are not getting any daily bread from you, it you and Hausa/Fulani are getting daily bread from us, what do you have to offers us

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by PointB: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dissecting....

Baba_Eleko: Yesterday, the entire People’s Democratic Party appeared to descend on Anambra to push the gubernatorial candidate, Tony Nwoye into winning an election many pundits think he won’t. He has been involved in litigation over who is candidate for the pasty for the past few months – and has been late to the campaign trail.

Drunk on the wine of now-possible success, the PDP bigwigs at the event – including President Goodluck Jonathan – found it a bit difficult to control their tongues. We bring you some of the statements, thanks to Premium Times, that were so bad, they’re almost unbelievable

What made the comments so bad or unbelievable. Let's see

“50 per cent of the private jets in Nigeria are owned by Anambra people” – President Goodluck Jonathan

He gets security and intelligence briefs. He could be right.

“I told Gov. Obi to hand over to this young man,” – PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur

Nothing bad in sounding off or making a joke of an issue.

“Today we have for the first time in history, a candidate from Anambra North. I’m sure that the people of Anambra North will do anything to put their son, Comrade Tony Nwoye, into the Government House come 2014” – Senator Margaret Okadigbo

"Today in PDP," he meant to say. Nothing absurd in this comment.

“If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops” – Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio said.

I couldn't have said it better. This is called hitting the bulbs-eye. Didn't APC government deport Igbos? Didn't APC government demolish and closed their shops? When it was being done, didn't they know such actions have political ramifications? Or is that APC are more clueless than they look?

“Mr. President, kidnapping in Anambra is a lucrative business” – Governorship candidate, Tony Nwoye
Lucrative but deadly business that needs to be put to an end! I agree!

Enter the Billionaire.

However, it was apparently PDP board of trustees member and billionaire chairman of Orient Petroleum that went on the most expansive roll:

Take 1: “For many years the orphans and widows in this state were neglected, until God brought Jonathan from a village in Otuoke. The same thing happened to Tony Nwoye, from a village called Nsugbe. They have no money,” Mr. Eze said.

Those without shoe, and from poor background have better sense of justice and fairness. A good example is the current President. So I agree with this comment.

Take 2: “That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.”
The short man happens also to be an accomplished election rigger. And yes, Awolowo killed Igbos, and robbed the living of their money. And he was proud of it. Curses upon him. But not all his yoruba people are like him, blessing upon the good ones especially those who didn't agree with his starvation policy and the 20 pounds robbery!

Take 3: “Peter Obi, we gave him power, he did not conduct election for eight years. He was busy building mansions and marble houses everywhere.”

I don't know why Obi didn't conduct election, but why did the opposition fold their hands and watch. Don't they know the way to the court? Marble houses? Is that true?

Take 4: “Anambra people, let us change your lives while we are still alive.”
For the better? That would be nice.

And for good measure, he appears to be in tune with the life expectancy average in Nigeria under the leadership of his favourite president.

“”I’m 65 years,” Mr. Eze declared at the rally. “And I’ll die very soon.”
Just ensure you leave a good legacy. That's all!

Let no one stand between an old man and his wishes.
Death is inevitable. Young and old both die, legacy is what matters.

Dissecting ...
... Done!

So where are the ridiculous statement that the op and co are foaming in the mouth over? Some people self get issue!

Source: http://www.ynaija.com/ngige-joined-awolowos-people-who-killed-the-igbos-see-10-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-said-at-the-pdpanambra-rally-yesterday/

grin[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by JohnsonEmma(m): 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
NGIGE REMAINS THE BEST CANDIDATE.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by whitecat007: 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Is anyone actually surprised for real? Cos I am not. I have studied the pattern, ibos makes statements like this to hurt cos they know we care. Yoruba need to bring out their "I don't care" cards each time. If only the Yoruba really knows what time it is in Nigeria now! If only my people can just look at the big picture of where and how it will end.

Nigeria is not one and it will never be. I just feel bad that my people are the last to see where we are. Yoruba have friends in Nigeria, but ibo is not one of them.

The only thing that can change Nigeria is to break the country up, any other thing is just band aid.

We should stop being held to ransom by ibos. As the saying goes " you hate what you can't conquer". Together with their " war of minds" you have a recipe for what will either make them walk all over us or stop them once and for all

We should forget eastern part of Nigeria politically cos tribal card has never been pulled on any other tribe during campaign in the east.

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by olayemi53: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
The statement at the rally and directed to Ngige, by saying he went to joing Awolowo People. That kills Igbos at the present of the president, is too bad, Yorubas know their friends 2015 will tell the world if nigeria is a country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Cpl Matthew Isaac Arrested For Dancing To Cult Song In Ebonyi Demoted / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do / President Babangida’s Visit To Britain In 1989 (Photos, Video and Memories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.